AuthorTopic: Chapter 126  (Read 92378 times)

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
Re: Chapter 126
« Reply #80 on: August 23 2006, 03:32 pm »
You girls(cherry tiger and suu) basically answered it already. The fact is that, KuroFai is a very popular pairing. Many people want to discuss about them. It's not just in CW, many forums are dominated by KxF fans. That happens when the majority like the pairing. It dominates. There's nothing you can change about that. And it's no one's fault.

And Cherry Tiger, i think that was kind of rude and unthoughtful of you when you say that KxF fans drown this place with KuroFye and that CW isn't a place to discuss S+S anymore.

I already said I didn't mean it as an offence, it's just the way I see it. I didn't write that to say I hate KuroFye and wish this board isn't filled with it.... It is and I've dealt with it by not being so extremely participative in this board anymore. Can you blame me? I may not be interested in KuroFye (in fact, I have no problems with them at all) but I have no room to talk about anything else here.

And I'm totally with Suu on this. We both don't post here because it's just useless... We're not blaming it on KuroFye or the fans, we're just stating this sad fact that's happening lately and it's finally time that it's been noticed.

Whether or not this trend is going to change is up to you guys. But until then, I'm going to talk about S+S elsewhere. -__-

EDIT:

I didn't mean that at all, I'm sure that there are a lot more S/S fans, I'm just not wording myself correctly. Perhaps what I *should* have said was "there are more KF people participating". Um, I don't want to start a fight or anything, and I didn't mean anything I said in an antagonistic or accusing manner, but I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing KuroFai. Why shouldn't we?

I don't necessarily disagree with either of you. I think that you SHOULD be able to talk about S/S whenever you want.

Sadly we can't because we're ignored... but it's ok! Seriously, I don't blame you guys at all! I know KuroFye fans participate here a lot... so I don't blame anyone at all! It's just the way it is... -__-

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #81 on: August 23 2006, 03:34 pm »
Yes. We SHOULD be able to talk about S+S whenever, but recently everytime I do, (not speaking for everyone) I'm ignored. Heck, even when it's not a S+S-centric post, I'm ignored half the time. Is it a requirement here to have Fai in my siggy to be recognized?

Spoonful - Sorry for the off-topicness, but this has to be said, or more people will be driven away then the numbers that have already stopped posting at this forum. (Evil!Syaoran/Fay ftw, btw!! I'll root for that! :XD:)
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #82 on: August 23 2006, 03:34 pm »
We are getting off topic. Way off-topic. Anywho. I'll just say this- I've been in fandoms where my favored pairing or character was very ignored, either canonically or by the fans or by both. And it sucks and is uncomfortable. For this fact, S/S have my empathy that they are outnumbered by KF fans. Yet it's the nature of free speech that you can say and talk to whoever you want, so you certainly can talk as much as you want about S/S.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #83 on: August 23 2006, 03:36 pm »
Even as a KuroFai fan, I think I can understand where you're both coming from.

Though once the focus of the recent chapters moves back to Syaoran and Sakura, the S/S participating might pick up a bit.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #84 on: August 23 2006, 03:36 pm »
Sorry for the off-topicness, but this has to be said, or more people will be driven away then the numbers that have already stopped posting at this forum. (Evil!Syaoran/Fay ftw!! I'll root for that! :XD:)
You have a good point and I agree with you, but I still think that you should make a separate thread for it. This is for chapter discussion, not arguing over which ship has the right to dominate a forum. I know I'm being pretentious as I'm not a mod, but still.

Maybe if you're afraid of being ignored, you should make a big honking advertisement for Kuro/Fay in the title to draw people in, which of course proves your point. But that's just me.

(Evil!Syaoran/Fay FOREVARS.)
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #85 on: August 23 2006, 03:38 pm »
I've been in fandoms where my favored pairing or character was very ignored, either canonically or by the fans or by both.
I am in that type of fandom right now! *gigantic Kyle fangirl for some reason*
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #86 on: August 23 2006, 03:39 pm »
Getting on topic for a chance  :wink:
I am so glad I managed to get through the scans and these pages before work.

Show content
Ouch! That transformation hurt!
It is perhaps very unexpected about the eye, that if Fai gets it back, he will lose the need to drink Kuro's blood. However, C!Syao once he gets back to Our!Syao will get rid of the blue eye, it would be too awkward and hurtful for him to have it, even if he was not evil cloney anymore. Therefore the eye has to go somewhere and just disappearing would not serve. Of course the fact that Fai will get his eye back should/could not mean that he won't be a vampire, but that was CLAMP's choice and as they are storytellers, I am going to have faith in them.

R!Syaoran with Sakura made me go "aww", I do not believe they shall be together in the end but something could develop from the looks of it, if there was a chance or cloney dead.
Another, maybe even bigger puppy-eyed aww look went for Mokona with Kamui!

*crash of door as she hurries into the rain and work*
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #87 on: August 23 2006, 03:41 pm »
Show content
I don't think Fai will be getting his eye back for a while. Clone!Syaoran isn't going to be taken down too easily. Though you never know.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline suu_no_clover

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #88 on: August 23 2006, 03:46 pm »
If I made a topic about the treatment of the various pairings, it would simply be
a) Ignored.
b) Filled with spam for the Mokona Kidnappers.
c) Become target for S+S flaming.
d) Get me warned.

I'd rather not have any of those four in a thread... And at least this way people are listening.

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #89 on: August 23 2006, 03:50 pm »
Show content
I don't think Fai will be getting his eye back for a while. Clone!Syaoran isn't going to be taken down too easily. Though you never know.

Show content
Yeah. I don't think CLAMP will have Fai his eye returned just yet. I have a feeling that Kuro will have enough feedings to get the fans bore of the vampire concept before they give Fai his eye back. But i still would have preferred it if Fai will have to drink Kuro's blood all his life, but i guess CLAMP thought it would be cruel for Kuro since he will get weaker and weaker. I guess they want a happy ending for KuroFai--meaning both of them being healthy and stuff. But thats' just my opinion.

Offline penaro

« Reply #90 on: August 23 2006, 03:58 pm »
Yay! S+S fans unite!! We seriously need more S+S moments in the chapters....maybe that'll start making more S+S fans appear....

but I bet in the next few weeks X fans will be popping up from everywhere  xD

Offline kuromori

« Reply #91 on: August 23 2006, 03:59 pm »
Pardon me, suu_no_clover ... but last time I checked, there is such a thing as freedom of speech. The K+Fers  and the S+Sers are allowed to talk about what they feel like talking about when they want to talk about it. No one is going to bash you for your opinion. If you felt ignored, I'm sorry about that, but that gives no excuse to start pouting about it. Yes the board is filled with K+Fers, yes they're going to talk, mostly because (as others have pointed out) we feel safe here, and we don't have to worry about the jerkish comments that often fallow such things in other forums.

What do you want us to do about it is the question? Should we be forced to talk about SS even if we don't want to? Should we bottle up what we want to say merely because too many people might be discussing it?  This SS vrs KF debate can go on for ages.. but your not going to get a conclusion. KF fans have just as much right as SS fans do, and are allowed to post what they want, and respond to who they want too...

There is no need to take out attacks on others, and this forum should not be a place where any one has to defend their pairings. We all love Tsubasa for whatever reason it pulled us in.

I personally do find the SS pairing boring in a 'been there... done that' sort of way. KF is a lot more entertaining, (for me) and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. So you won't catch me talking about those two unless they do something that's worth talking about.

I do feel bad for Sakura right now...  It seems some of her innocents is being torn away by this Tokyo World... but I'm not going to dwell on her because she isn't a point of my particular interest.

Edit: Sorry I was writing this when all new posts came up...  I would remove it.. if requested too... but I also feel like it's something that needs to be said... *sweatdrop*
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #92 on: August 23 2006, 04:04 pm »
No... No we're not going to ask you to change your likings and stuff like that. We just want you all to realise this... That because you talk a lot about KuroFye and all, we tend to get ignored. I'm evidence that I've stopped participating so much in the chapter threads because of this.

I understand the thing about freedom of speech, but it's kinda useless when no one's listening.

And I know how it feels to have your favourite coupling ignored, even for you KuroFye fans. Trust me, I've tried my best in the other forum go to to make sure that the for those who don't like KuroFye would at least give some respect to them.

Yes, I agree... we have as much right to talk about S+S... but how when no one seems to be listening?

I'm going to make this obvious... I am not saying that you all should change your likings and talk about S+S more. I am just saying that S+S have been ignored for far too long in this board. I never complained about it because... well... I already had this impression that CW is for KuroFye. No offence, I really mean it! I am not insulting you guys in anyways! This is not an insult! Me and Suu are bringing this up just so that you'll notice this trend...

The one that really turned me off was when people started bashing Sakura. But thankfully, thankfully... it did not last long and I thank the person who said to stop bashing her.

I will try to post more about S+S here... but what comes after that is a total mystery to me.

EDIT: Oh, I realised you took my name out. ^^;;; Sorry if my post seem too offensive... I really don't mean it in a bad way.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline suu_no_clover

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #93 on: August 23 2006, 04:06 pm »
I'm not the sort of person who would resort to pouting. I'm simply expressing my opinion.

I just want what any fan should want. I want to be able to discuss something I feel enthusiastic about. I want to do so without being flamed or ignored.

Perhaps this forum just isn't the place for that sort of thing. Perhaps it's changed.

Edit: "I understand the thing about freedom of speech, but it's kinda useless when no one's listening."
Exactly.

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 23 2006, 04:08 pm »
Does it really matter if no one replies to your posts?  It doesn't mean that people aren't reading them (I spent a while in this forum reading things before I made a post) it just means that they have nothing to add.  I love KuroFay AND S/S (both S/S pairings, just so we're clear!) and like to read/see both.  But I don't make comments here to expect people to reply to them, I'm just airing my own views and opinions so that I'm not running around the house a squealing like a complete fangirl with noone to vent too!  (Did that anyway when Subaru showed up!  NO amount of board ranting could clear up THAT happy dance.).

In the chapter discussions most of what is said is fangirl ranting and therefore there is not really anything productive being said to reply too.  I don't think that the 'OMG Kuro LOOKED at Fay!' 'OMG I agree!' 'OMG CANON!' trails of thread are particuarlly stimulating conversation (not that I haven't added to them myself :cough:).  And don't be offended by that, please.  I'm saying it in good nature!  When the chapter is new and we have little in the way of translation we KuroFay fangirls do tend to squee and point out every little nuiance of K/F.

I LOVED the little bit of exposure that S/S had in this chapter, but no one has yet said anything that NEEDS a reply.  If someone asks for opinions on R!S and his relationship with Sakura then I'm up for joining in on that disscussion but
Show content
anything about R!S holding Sakura in this chapter doesn't really need a reply, just as anyone commenting on Kuro holding Fay doesn't need a reply

So in summary (because my points always end up blunt and indistiguishable!) is that although I sympathise with the S/S fans and can see their points regarding K/F, I am also a K/F fan and can see their side of things.  I would LOVE for there to be more S/S discussion, but what's the point of discussing if no ones going to bother trying to bring up any real issues.

Now onto my thoughts of the chapter...beware the fangirl squees!

Show content
OMG Subaru and Kamui splashpage!  SQUEE!!!!!!  Subaru=LOVE

Yeah, and Kamui's cool too, but SUBARU!

Fay looks...really pained.  I'm surprised that none of the K/F fangirls have pointed out how close Fay's head is to Kuro's crotch in pg 3.  Must be my dirty mind!

Heehee looks like they're wrestling behing Kakyou!

AWWW, R!S holding Sakura is so cute...it brings back memories of prepsychotic C!S...not that I think R!S and Sakura should be together...C!S is the one who EARNED her love.

And again on pg 8 with the crotch thing...must be the fact that Fay's *** is in the air that makes me think 0.0

Whoa...real strong C!S flashbacks from pg 9...HIS SAKURA!  Go get your own, R!S.

The next few pages don't help with the crotch thing...the laboured breathing, sweat...

MOKONA GLOMP!  That is the cutest thing EVER!  Kamui just attracts cuteness!  :cough:Subaru:cough:

FYEPATCH!  (No I DON'T normally spell Fay like that but it had to be said!).

ASSGRABING!

Okay, Sakura's crying...Clamp are going too far with the angst thing know (zettai daijoubi dai yo, Sakura, just say the magic words).  And R!S?  Looking after her for now is alright, but you can't keep her, okay?

FUUMA!!!!!!!!  YEAY!!!!  Someone to keep Kamui's hands off of Subaru!

Okay, that's not the REAL reason why I want Fuuma to appear but it's a good bonus!

GAH  I'm late for work!  Bye everyone, be back later to see everyone flame my *** into the ground!

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #95 on: August 23 2006, 04:12 pm »
Show content
Yeah. I don't think CLAMP will have Fai his eye returned just yet. I have a feeling that Kuro will have enough feedings to get the fans bore of the vampire concept before they give Fai his eye back. But i still would have preferred it if Fai will have to drink Kuro's blood all his life, but i guess CLAMP thought it would be cruel for Kuro since he will get weaker and weaker. I guess they want a happy ending for KuroFai--meaning both of them being healthy and stuff. But thats' just my opinion.
i feel the same way.
Show content
MAYBE if they show one or 2 feedings, ill write my fic, but right now, my muse is trying to lock it away like it has all my other fics that died due to canon and pairing preference (i had a nice fai-chi with  ashura, fic where fai gets kidnapped...ith ad alot of angst and stuff, but when i bbecame kurofai shipper...it died -_-

-sigh- oh well.

i still cant wait for the next chapter. i read the first 2 vols of x...i like TRC fuuma better then x fuuma...TRC x people are cuter ^_^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline kuromori

« Reply #96 on: August 23 2006, 04:13 pm »
No... No we're not going to ask you to change your likings and stuff like that. We just want you all to realise this... That because you talk a lot about KuroFye and all, we tend to get ignored. I'm evidence that I've stopped participating so much in the chapter threads because of this.

I understand the thing about freedom of speech, but it's kinda useless when no one's listening.

And I know how it feels to have your favourite coupling ignored, even for you KuroFye fans. Trust me, I've tried my best in the other forum go to to make sure that the for those who don't like KuroFye would at least give some respect to them.

Yes, I agree... we have as much right to talk about S+S... but how when no one seems to be listening?

I'm going to make this obvious... I am not saying that you all should change your likings and talk about S+S more. I am just saying that S+S have been ignored for far too long in this board. I never complained about it because... well... I already had this impression that CW is for KuroFye. No offence, I really mean it! I am not insulting you guys in anyways! This is not an insult! Me and Suu are bringing this up just so that you'll notice this trend...

The one that really turned me off was when people started bashing Sakura. But thankfully, thankfully... it did not last long and I thank the person who said to stop bashing her.

I will try to post more about S+S here... but what comes after that is a total mystery to me.

EDIT: Oh, I realised you took my name out. ^^;;; Sorry if my post seem too offensive... I really don't mean it in a bad way.

I do love Sakura. She's adorable, and I won't bash her, I can promise that. And I am sorry that's it's been so difficult, but yes! Post more! If we need to get more SS people in here to make it happy little Tsubasa family, they're going to need to see more from the SS fans. ^_^

I know the KF people can be a bit overwhelming, because of the vast number of them on this forum, but that just means we have to pull more SS people  in, or if they're reading, get them to come out of their shell, or show them that it's okay for them to post... SS people need to unite just as much as KF people do, and then we can all be together all happy happy 'n' stuff!

And in responce to the Edit... Nono! It wasn't anything like that! That was my bad... I noticed a few spelling problems in my post and fixed them... and accidently got your name in there! Sorry about that!! *flails*
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 23 2006, 04:15 pm »
I think part of the problem stems from the fact that you guys seemed to get SO offended because you were not replied to in this particular chapter discussion, which set it off.

I'm sorry, but the chapter really is predominantly about Kuro and Fai. Does that mean you shouldn't be able to mention Syaoran and Sakura? Of course not. However, to expect to be replied to and then complaining about being "ignored" within a few posts seems, I don't know, futile? I could understand if this was a predominantly Syaoran and Sakura chapter, but it's not.

I know I read posts, but don't reply to them unless I have something to say. It's not a matter that S/S posts were ignored, but that people simply didn't reply. That's not the same thing. And please don't take it personally, as it's not a personal thing, nor is it an anti S/S thing.

I personally adore Sakura, and I think she's cute, but as a character I find her rather dull. I focus mostly on Kurogane because he interests me. Needless to say, I'm not going to bash S/S, as the idea of S/S is what got me into the series when it was first announced, but it didn't interest me, so I moved on to other characters.

Don't let people not replying right away discourage you. If your post seems to get lost, post again. Make your ideas known without complaining about being ignored. I think the complaining kind of turns people off and could give them a reason TO ignore you, when they're probably not actually ignoring you in the first place.
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 23 2006, 04:19 pm »
Show content

Fay looks...really pained.?I'm surprised that none of the K/F fangirls have pointed out how close Fay's head is to Kuro's crotch in pg 3.?Must be my dirty mind!

Show content
LOL i noticed that when i first read it. I wanted to point that out but i didn't. I was waiting for someone to say something regarding that. And i have a feeling that CLAMP did that on purpose! *laughs*  they're such teasers!

Show content
i still cant wait for the next chapter. i read the first 2 vols of x...i like TRC fuuma better then x fuuma...TRC x people are cuter ^_^

Show content
  Personally i find the X Fuuma a lot hotter. But maybe because TRC Fuuma looks refreshing and too new to me. I need to get used to it.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #99 on: August 23 2006, 04:22 pm »
Show content
I LOVE the look Syaoran and Kuro exchange when he's handing him the eyepatch. Almost, understanding, a sort of truce between them. I think that Syaoran is going to be accepted by the group, maybe not all at once, and maybe clone!Syaoran will still be the 'real' Syaoran to them, but I don't think they'll shun him.

I love that moment, I can't explain completely why. It's just love <3

Emiko's Forum Family