AuthorTopic: Chapter 126  (Read 92380 times)

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: Chapter 126
« Reply #40 on: August 23 2006, 01:45 pm »
Eh, I'm less upset at the writing, and more upset at the fact that any posts giving thought/mention of Syaoran or Sakura in this chaptire are completely ignored in this thread.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Actually, I take note of every little thing those two do because I love them, but yeah, they usually get overlooked no matter what's going on  ^^;  Even if the focus is on Syaoran everybody's pointing and squealing at Kuro and Fai in the backgrounds.

Real!Syaoran's being so tender though..  ;__;  It really makes you wonder if he doesn't have a Sakura of his own.  Or if he came to love her too by watching through Clone!Syaoran's eyes.

PS - Is it just me or does Kamui look especially pretty in 38_292.jpg?  >___>;;;  Hello lipstick.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #41 on: August 23 2006, 01:46 pm »
Oh come on, guys *sweat* You're overlooking a very significant act on Kuro's part by being upset that you can't fangirl over them being forcibly stuck together forever and ever...

I know. It's just a bit of a downer, that's all.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 23 2006, 01:53 pm »
PS - Is it just me or does Kamui look especially pretty in 38_292.jpg? >___>;;; Hello lipstick.

Sakura's lips also were heavily shaded, definately looked like lipstick.

I think Clamp is trying to apply more screentones to Tsubasa the more serious the series gets.  The beginning of the series had no screentones, but around when Seishirou popped up they started using them.  The more bloody, the more detailed it's getting.  I think they're having trouble with the Tsubasa characters not having lines for their lowers lips, so the shading looks off.

It's nowhere near as detailed as X yet.  After I read an interview on how long it took for them to draw X chapters compared to other series, it's a good thing.

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 23 2006, 01:58 pm »
Sakura's lips also were heavily shaded, definately looked like lipstick.

I think Clamp is trying to apply more screentones to Tsubasa the more serious the series gets.  The beginning of the series had no screentones, but around when Seishirou popped up they started using them.  The more bloody, the more detailed it's getting.  I think they're having trouble with the Tsubasa characters not having lines for their lowers lips, so the shading looks off.

It's nowhere near as detailed as X yet.  After I read an interview on how long it took for them to draw X chapters compared to other series, it's a good thing.

Yeah, I noticed that too  :O  I was so impressed that they were doing a manga with no screentones, but not too far into it they started.  I was kind of disappointed, though I have to agree that they give more depth to the art sometimes.

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #44 on: August 23 2006, 02:04 pm »
Here's some more translation. I'm just translating here and there.

Show content

Yuuko: It has been different until now.

To live off of another's blood,

Mean's the blood of the prey is necessary.

Yuuko: One more thing.

When Fai's left eye is returned to him, his magic is also returned.

If that happens, he will not become a vampire.

Once Fai's left eye returns, your duty as his prey ends.

Mokona: So when Fai's eye is returned, he won't have to drink blood, right?

Kurogane: You were just testing me.

Mokona: Fai!

Subaru: It's alright now.

We should let him sleep a bit.

Mokona: Thank you..

For giving your blood to Fai.

Kamui: ...It was nothing.

Mokona: I'm sorry Fai.

Fai is so kind, I'm sure he'll have a hard time.

Yuuko: Mokona, you go with Kurogane.

Mokona: Okay.

Kurogane: You come too.

And the princess.

Subaru: Let's go. Since the water was my fault.

Mokona: Let's go together.

Pff. My translations are useless.  I wouldn't trust mine. I'm keeping myself busy until Pikari-san comes and amazes us all with hers. ^^

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #45 on: August 23 2006, 02:08 pm »
Thank-you, hoshisenshi!! Any translation is wonderful!

Show content
So, at least we get to see vampire!Fai before it's squashed, which makes me happy.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #46 on: August 23 2006, 02:17 pm »
Unfortunately I'm going to have to write a comment about Kurogane and Fai, if that's okay with everyone, since I have yet to think of something to say about Syaoran and Sakura...

Show content
In response to My Lady's and Emiko's comments about how anticlimactic this turn of events is for Kuro and Fai:

This DOES suck. BIG TIME. What the heck was CLAMP thinking, getting us fangirls excited for TWO WEEKS and then suddenly popping this up on us? One, very anticlimactic. Two, very, extremely disappointing.

But!

Not that Kuro wouldn't have done it all the same. Which is a very good thing. He was really serious about committing his life to Fai the last chapter, and I don't think anything in this chapter changes that.

And also, it seems that until Fai grows his eye back, he'll have to drink his blood. Who knows, maybe Fai's eye won't grow back until the end of the series? Or maybe they won't even show it happen yet, and will leave it for something that happens after the series ends. Either way, I still think the series will end with them in a land/travelling together. >< I hope!!

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 23 2006, 02:22 pm »
I must say, Mokona perched on Kamui is too cute. I think the manjuu is attached to him now. XD

Show content
At least there isn't a gap between chapters this time, I want to know what's up with Fuuma.  How did he know to show up just then with the feather, he wouldn't bring it for no reason.  C!Syaoran is definately not a good feather detector.

On Sakura, I just hope the poor girl wakes up.  You know they're going to be popping another feather in her soon.  But I'm more concerned about her not waking up due to shock, not her feathers.  Maybe that feather will wake her up?  It's never happened before, but it could I suppose.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #48 on: August 23 2006, 02:22 pm »
Show content
Hmm, but is Fai going to regenerate his eye, or will be have to take it back...er...'physically'? 'Cause how would he get his magic back just by growing a new eye? Wasn't his magic in his original eye? Does this mean that Fai can independantly generate magic?? That's... an odd talent.

But, uh, wasn't half the chapter discussion last week about whether or not Real!Syaoran still loved Sakura? I think he does, but frankly I'm glad to see Syaoran and Sakura take a back seat. They're the main characters, so they get the most focus, and it's nice to see Kurogane, Fai and the X crowd being more prominent, even if it's only for a few chapters.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #49 on: August 23 2006, 02:24 pm »
You know, not to be pissy, but I remember plenty of discussion of Syaoran and Sakura in the chapter threads when the story was focusing on Syaoran and Sakura.

And I'm not complaing that we don't get the chance to fangirl over Fai and Kurogane staying together forever. I'm saying that... well, the blood WON'T matter after this. Sure it saved Fai's life, but then... it's  irrelevant once it completely heals him? Vampire blood -doesn''t- work like that. Aspirin does. xd And, now, what real price will/does Kurogane have to pay to save Fai's life? Nothing really. It's anticlimatic- just as anticlimatic as it would be for, say, Sakura to get her memories back at the end of TRC. Which, if it happens, I would hate just as much. Not to mention that it really doesn't make any sense that Fai's magic would save him from being a vampire. Why would it? He still has the blood in his body.

Either way, of course, it is good that Kurogane saved Fai, and it's certainly evidence of the bond they share. Their relationship won't be the same after this, sure- but it's still cheap.

And Fuuma with another feather is an interesting turn.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline MJ Walker

• I will be the godmother of AllenxRabi's baby <3
  • Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #50 on: August 23 2006, 02:27 pm »
OMG *screams around like a fan girl, jumps on walls like dracula and also is crying to death*

My first siggie on Photoshop! Yeay for me!!
Did System of a Down do the new DeathNote opening!?
Lol

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #51 on: August 23 2006, 02:29 pm »
I hope Fuuma just gives them the feather, molests Kamui a little, and then they leave. I am Tokyo'd OUT. I want to move on to the next world already.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #52 on: August 23 2006, 02:33 pm »
what a chapter O.o

Show content
i had guessed the tansformation would have been painful,....just not THAT paiful O.O (tho i think i once evnsioned the firastpanel, with fai writhing likethat :-S

also,
Show content
heh, you people got what you asked for :XD: a kamui-subaru splash AND fuuma!
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 23 2006, 02:34 pm »
I have to go to school soon, but this really made my day before it actually began XD

Show content
More KuroFai! More assgrabbing! Yay *___*

But poor Fai ;_____; It really, really hurt to see him like that.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 23 2006, 02:37 pm »
Ehh, I guess it's just that it's been a few months now that it's all been on Kuro and Fai (not anyone or anything's fault, just chapters only once a week and gaps in releases dragged this out pretty far).

And like when the story seemed to be focusing on Syaoran losing his heart it seemed like the majority of the attention was on Fai's gouged-out eye.  Which, yeah, I focused on too, but not more or less than Syaoran's condition.

And I have to agree that I find this turn rather cheap, but I can't say I expected any more from Clamp other than to somehow return everything back to "normal."  I think that's why there isn't too much concern over Syaoran, because we know eventually he's going to snap out of it and everything will be groovy once again.  We shouldn't expect any different for Fai.

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 23 2006, 02:38 pm »
Emiko:
Show content
If I'm reading it correctly, Kamui saying the eye wouldn't have healed before Fay received the blood implies that Fay cannot regenerate his eye, and the only way his eye will return is if they get the original eye back.
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #56 on: August 23 2006, 02:38 pm »
My biggest complaint is that it is INCREDIBLY bad writing as far as I'm concerned. It's CHEAP. It makes no logical sense.
Show content
The vampire blood heals him, and then... POOF it no longer matters?
God I hope we're misunderstanding something...
Show content
aww, fai ISNT going to be a vampire? :( it woulda been cool to see him be one
(tho i guess thats why mokona was SMILING halfway thru and giving kamui hugs O_o)

awsome chapter tho, but know after how it ended, kruo and fai will be shoved to the sidelines now.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline [~Dark Chocolate~]

• New Fan
  • I didn't have my coffee this morning -_-
« Reply #57 on: August 23 2006, 02:41 pm »
I agree with you emiko. I'm really sick of this country XP
Show content
*even if it's the most exciting country yet, three feathers is a little too much, don't you think? Oh god, I hope that there isn't more o_0;*
Edit: forgot the spoilers *smaks*

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #58 on: August 23 2006, 02:44 pm »
Emiko:
Show content
If I'm reading it correctly, Kamui saying the eye wouldn't have healed before Fay received the blood implies that Fay cannot regenerate his eye, and the only way his eye will return is if they get the original eye back.

Aaah, thanks for clearing that up. That's awesome, I'm glad that
Show content
the whole Kuro-being-prey thing wasn't a total tease on Clamp's part.

I agree with you emiko. I'm really sick of this country XP
Show content
*even if it's the most exciting country yet, three feathers is a little too much, don't you think? Oh god, I hope that there isn't more o_0;*
Edit: forgot the spoilers *smaks*

I think the three feathers thing is just Clamp speeding things up. Tsubasa isn't going to run forever and they need to start gathering the feathers faster. And Clone!Syaoran will probably give Sakura a whole bunch of them, eliminating the need for them to actually FIND all of them, which will ensure that things can be wrapped up quicker. See? Handy writing.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Celesse

• Good Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 23 2006, 02:45 pm »
I agree too.  Let's move on  ;__;;;  I'm still wondering when they're going to reach that school world...