CLAMP's Famous Works > Season 2

[TRC Arc 2] Episode 16: The Other Side of Nostalgia

(1/20) > >>

Okamirei:
Tsubasa Chronicle (Arc 2): Episode 16

This is the discussion topic for Episode 42 of TRC.

This episode is entitled: The Other Side of Nostalgia

-episode aired, topic unlocked

Sailor Yue-chan:
well as it was said in ep 15 thread...this ep is aparently severly seprate fom the manga, and they changed everyhtnig Show contenteven how fai uses his magic :(

mela:

--- Quote from: Eternal Sailor Yue on August 27 2006, 01:34 pm ---well as it was said in ep 15 thread...this ep is aparently severly seprate fom the manga, and they changed everyhtnig Show contenteven how fai uses his magic :(
--- End quote ---

They didn't really change the act as much as it just felt like it was just Show contentFai going like "O hay, I can whistle here's some magic so transport us Mokona lalala." There was no buildup to it or anything, I think, so it just felt like "Whatever, Fai's doing magic." rather than "HOLY CRAP!"

Jeannette:

--- Quote from: mela on August 27 2006, 01:41 pm ---They didn't really change the act as much as it just felt like it was just Show contentFai going like "O hay, I can whistle here's some magic so transport us Mokona lalala." There was no buildup to it or anything, I think, so it just felt like "Whatever, Fai's doing magic." rather than "HOLY CRAP!"
--- End quote ---
Exactly. It was totally anticlimatic and... just sort of 'Oh, okay. You just broke a promise that you had decided not to break even if you died. But whatever.' And the animation was at best... acceptable. Yeah, overall, not as bad as it could have been, but not good.

Though I suppose it will be mildly interesting to see what happens to LeCourt without its national treasure. Then again, if anything, I would rather see CLAMP write what happened to LeCourt, since they would actually make it good.

Sailor Yue-chan:
the ep wasnt so bad. it had its plusses, but many minuses.
Show content the music. an AWSOME, sad insert song when syaoran was remembering the apple, and that Fiction Juntion YUUKA song, and one other. very nice.
and more kurofainess. (tho that moment at the end BETTER NOT BE THER CH 112 HEART TO HEART!!!)
the thing with tube syao moving at the same time as our syao, when syao went psycho...that ALMOST makes up for the lack of the nightmare <_<...almost)

the bad stuff:
*that wierd spazz thing that kuro did...that was just akward. not bad just...WIRED.
*i thought that even tho he couldnt MANIPULATE their journy...FWR could atleast still watch them,
*Tube Syao is just a little too young. he';s suposed to be teh same age as OUR syao by this time.
*As said, the use of fai;s magic was just too sudden.

err..was it just me, or were kuro's ears HUMONGUS?
heres a shot i took of a close up of him: http://i5.tinypic.com/25qqgdv.jpg
heres a shot i took from the season 1 flashback in the ep: http://i6.tinypic.com/25qqglu.jpg

one last thing...can someone PLEASE make an animated gif of Show contentwhen mokona got electricuted ill give you lots a cookies ^^[/s]

EDIT: NVM i made it myself ^^
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd7/174818/mokonazap.gif

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version