AuthorTopic: Chapter 127  (Read 83073 times)

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
Re: Chapter 127
« Reply #180 on: September 01 2006, 09:19 am »
He still likes giving powerful objects in jars to people though
He did that in X too, remember Sei-chan's eye. That was creepy.

Without a heart C!Syaoran cant be responsible for anything. He has no feelings, not opinions, just an instinct to get the feathers. If someone stabs you, you cant blame the knife, C!Syaoran isnt a person anymore, he's just a tool ;_;

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #181 on: September 01 2006, 09:45 am »
About the looks Sakura and Real Syaoran were exchanging... as others before me, I don't think it was love. It's possible that R Syaoran loves Sakura (though I mostly got the feeling of compassion and sympathy from the way he looked at her in this chapter), and it's possible that she will grow to love him, but this is quite the wrong time for romance, no? Sakura has just lost what little security she had found in her feelings for Our Syaoran, she has little to no clue what's going on other than that her precious person is now a cold-hearted stranger... To me, that look she gave R Syaoran screamed confusion, not attraction.

... Which leads me to the reason Sakura decided she did not want her feather. Someone argued that even though she may not wish for more memories of Syaoran, neglecting those of her brother and other important persons in her life as well would be selfish, and since that is very un-Sakura-ish, she probably acted like she did out of compassion for the Tokyo gang. I disagree. I mean, her most important person has been taken away from her in such a cruel manner - I don't reckon she's thinking about what kind of memory it is that she is giving up; at the moment, she simply doesn't care about retrieving her memories, she's overwhelmed with sorrow. Who would want to continue after going through something like this?

Let's hope she finds it within her to carry on soon. Even if she is pretty helpless and bleak in TRC, I still don't want sweet little Sakura-chan to suffer (even though I agree with those who say this has made her a lot more interesting)...

As for the two Syaorans, sure, they probably share the same "basic" character, but we must keep in mind that what kind of personality a person has also depends on enviroment, relationships... R Syaoran has the clone's memories, but regarding someone's life isn't the same as living it - having a fairly normal upbringing, and growing up in a tube must shape people, no matter how alike, differently, don't you think? So even if R Syaoran might be like the Our Syaoran in some (or even many, or most) aspects, I still see them as individuals, not two sides of a coin. The clone hasn't got any personality whatsoever, so he doesn't count.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 01 2006, 09:59 am »
He did that in X too, remember Sei-chan's eye. That was creepy.

That's what I was talking about. XP  Makes me wonder how powerful Subaru is in X now that he's the two sides of the same coin in one person.

Without a heart C!Syaoran cant be responsible for anything. He has no feelings, not opinions, just an instinct to get the feathers. If someone stabs you, you cant blame the knife, C!Syaoran isnt a person anymore, he's just a tool ;_;

Quite true.  But who knows, maybe him having a heart inside him all those years may help him grow his own.  Or perhaps there were traces of R!Syaoran's heart left in the clone?

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #183 on: September 01 2006, 01:34 pm »
Schedule update from chibiyuuto: (just found this on LJ)

TRC:
09/06 - Shonen Magazine #40 - No Tsubasa scheduled.
09/13 - Shonen Magazine #41 - Chapter 128.
09/20 - Shonen Magazine #42 - Chapter 129.
09/27 - Shonen Magazine #43 - Chapter 130.

XXXHolic:
09/04 - Young Magazine #40 - Chapter 117 - Special Talk with Sayaka Ohara (Yuuko's seiyuu) and Mokona.
09/11 - Young Magazine #41 - Chapter 118.
09/16 - Young Magazine #42 - Chapter 119.
09/25 - Young Magazine #43 - Chapter 120 - Last chapter of tank 10.

Yay this means at least 3 chapters of TRC in a row and at least 4 chapters of 'Holic!
« Last Edit: September 01 2006, 02:10 pm by Rekall »
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #184 on: September 01 2006, 01:39 pm »
Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.
Ugh... no Tsubasa this week~I hope taht next chapter will give us a character development of the new syaoran--and hopefully Fye awakens! *in dear need of some more KxF*

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #185 on: September 01 2006, 10:21 pm »
About the looks Sakura and Real Syaoran were exchanging... as others before me, I don't think it was love. It's possible that R Syaoran loves Sakura (though I mostly got the feeling of compassion and sympathy from the way he looked at her in this chapter), and it's possible that she will grow to love him, but this is quite the wrong time for romance, no? Sakura has just lost what little security she had found in her feelings for Our Syaoran, she has little to no clue what's going on other than that her precious person is now a cold-hearted stranger... To me, that look she gave R Syaoran screamed confusion, not attraction.

... Which leads me to the reason Sakura decided she did not want her feather. Someone argued that even though she may not wish for more memories of Syaoran, neglecting those of her brother and other important persons in her life as well would be selfish, and since that is very un-Sakura-ish, she probably acted like she did out of compassion for the Tokyo gang. I disagree. I mean, her most important person has been taken away from her in such a cruel manner - I don't reckon she's thinking about what kind of memory it is that she is giving up; at the moment, she simply doesn't care about retrieving her memories, she's overwhelmed with sorrow. Who would want to continue after going through something like this?

Let's hope she finds it within her to carry on soon. Even if she is pretty helpless and bleak in TRC, I still don't want sweet little Sakura-chan to suffer (even though I agree with those who say this has made her a lot more interesting)...

As for the two Syaorans, sure, they probably share the same "basic" character, but we must keep in mind that what kind of personality a person has also depends on enviroment, relationships... R Syaoran has the clone's memories, but regarding someone's life isn't the same as living it - having a fairly normal upbringing, and growing up in a tube must shape people, no matter how alike, differently, don't you think? So even if R Syaoran might be like the Our Syaoran in some (or even many, or most) aspects, I still see them as individuals, not two sides of a coin. The clone hasn't got any personality whatsoever, so he doesn't count.

Thank you so much for that, Ando, and I totally agree with you on that. :)

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #186 on: September 01 2006, 10:49 pm »
I so badly want Real!Syaoran to have a personality. Our!Syaoran was okay, but he was so...dull.

I kinda want Real!Syaoran to be the kinda guy who'd headbutt the Queen of England, or stick your fingers in warm water whilst you're asleep...it'd be really funny if he was...

But, I doubt he will be.

Still, I enjoyed the focus on Sakura and Syaoran at points and I really hope that Sakura will become a stronger and more independant character now. I understand she needed someone to lean on due to her lack of memories, but it's been a while now and it could've been very easy for her to just keep leaning on the Syaoran she knew. Only now he's been torn away from her, she's faced with someone who is but isn't the Syaoran she knew so she's going to have a constant reminder of what happened with her at all times.

She needs to stand on her own two feet now - Kurogane is going to be preoccupied with making sure Fai's all right, Fai's a little too out-of-it to do anything anyway, and Mokona ...although it can try, it can't be as much of a comfort as a human being could be.

...Don't brick me for this; but I'm glad this has happened to Sakura. I can't wait to see become a stronger person because of it...which I can see happening already. I'm kinda proud of her. ^_^;

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #187 on: September 02 2006, 01:18 am »
in chapter 126 evrybody were talking about Kurogane/Fai,and in this one there is only room for Shaolan/Sakura  :haha:!
but i prefer it this way,we need a correct proportioning between this two couples,so as to avoid lassitude,jealousy,and frustration  :okay:

about Sakura,i think that her break-up with Clone Shaolan was essential to make her evolve,because the fact that he isn't there anymore to protect her will force her to look after her herself,and so to gain more self assurance,maturity,and independence  :surprised:...
of course real Shaolan will be there to watch over her,but she may keep her distance from him,because his presence will certainly make her suffer more than anything else,even if it isn't his fault  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #188 on: September 02 2006, 02:06 am »
in chapter 126 evrybody were talking about Kurogane/Fai,and in this one there is only room for Shaolan/Sakura :haha:!
but i prefer it this way,we need a correct proportioning between this two couples,so as to avoid lassitude,jealousy,and frustration :okay:

about Sakura,i think that her break-up with Clone Shaolan was essential to make her evolve,because the fact that he isn't there anymore to protect her will force her to look after her herself,and so to gain more self assurance,maturity,and independence :surprised:...
of course real Shaolan will be there to watch over her,but she may keep her distance from him,because his presence will certainly make her suffer more than anything else,even if it isn't his fault :sweatdrop:

totally agree!!! i have this feeling that Sakura's uncomforatable with Real Syaoran.. it's either that she's not used to this Syaoran or she don't wanna be reminded of the Clow Syaoran.. maybe without the protection of Syaoran =, we can see more girl power!!!! like the Sakura of CCS.. ^^

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #189 on: September 02 2006, 02:43 am »
Still, I enjoyed the focus on Sakura and Syaoran at points and I really hope that Sakura will become a stronger and more independant character now. I understand she needed someone to lean on due to her lack of memories, but it's been a while now and it could've been very easy for her to just keep leaning on the Syaoran she knew. Only now he's been torn away from her, she's faced with someone who is but isn't the Syaoran she knew so she's going to have a constant reminder of what happened with her at all times.

She needs to stand on her own two feet now - Kurogane is going to be preoccupied with making sure Fai's all right, Fai's a little too out-of-it to do anything anyway, and Mokona ...although it can try, it can't be as much of a comfort as a human being could be.

...Don't brick me for this; but I'm glad this has happened to Sakura. I can't wait to see become a stronger person because of it...which I can see happening already. I'm kinda proud of her. ^_^;

I completely agree with what you said.

I think this was probably the best thing that could happen to Sakura because you're right she's going to grow from it and we'll now see her taking care of herself.  Where before she would just rely on Syaoran even though she couldn't remember who he was.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #190 on: September 02 2006, 05:11 am »
We have been talking in how big an extent the recurrable characters resemble each other, mainly in relation to Syaoran. If we see the CCS Sakura as the "truer" one, then Syaoran's change is really what makes the Tsubasa Sakura find herself and become what her soul is leading her to be; the little irony being that she is reclaiming herself while denying her feather. It is a nice pattern that makes.

*ponders whether she feels brave enough to try colouring the splash page*
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #191 on: September 02 2006, 08:37 am »
in chapter 126 evrybody were talking about Kurogane/Fai,and in this one there is only room for Shaolan/Sakura  :haha:!
but i prefer it this way,we need a correct proportioning between this two couples,so as to avoid lassitude,jealousy,and frustration  :okay:

about Sakura,i think that her break-up with Clone Shaolan was essential to make her evolve,because the fact that he isn't there anymore to protect her will force her to look after her herself,and so to gain more self assurance,maturity,and independence  :surprised:...
of course real Shaolan will be there to watch over her,but she may keep her distance from him,because his presence will certainly make her suffer more than anything else,even if it isn't his fault  :sweatdrop:
i agree, we do need equal oportunity for both pairngs, and even give more chapters that have NO pairing stuff, but pair up 2 odd characters, like when Fai whent out hunting with syaoran and those people.

i also agree with you about her wanting to distance from the real syaoran...it accured to me, why give on quite large panel for sakura taking her hand off of Real Syao? IMO i think she sorta flinched away from him, and then gave him a remorseful  look. i mean think about it. the first thing she see's when she wakes up is Real Syso's face, and the last time she saw that face, the clone's, it was cold and soulless, so she got a bit frightened or something, then relizing her mistake she felt bad about it.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #192 on: September 02 2006, 11:41 am »
I'm also really happy to see Sakura being more indepedent. I really do like her character (and by that I mean her TRC character), but I really want her to get to grow up some. Maybe now that her Syaoran isn't with her, we'll see more of that. *Hopeful*

Wow, I wonder why the splash page draws so much coloring? They're all lovely, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 02 2006, 10:21 pm by Capella »
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline silvara2004

« Reply #193 on: September 02 2006, 02:23 pm »
there's so much to be interpreted from r!syaoran's reaction though. didn't he turn away first when he and sakura looked at each other? could he --
a. wanted sakura to realize he's not c!syaoran (evidently too much pain/sorrow in sakura's expression, and he's kinda sad/frustrated that she last saw a monster out of c!syaoran, and now he has the same face)
b. was already falling in love with her as well and got kinda awkward about her looking at him for the first time (or wants her to see as HIMSELF, not as c!syaoran)
c. wanted to comfort her but thought otherwise, considering what she just went thru

er.. getting kinda mushy. will quit while i'm ahead :P

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #194 on: September 02 2006, 11:43 pm »
If you think about it, wasn't R!Syaoran asleep all that time?  I would think that the things he saw of Cloney's life would have been like a dream he lived for all those years.  I'm gonna bet he still benefitted from Cloney's upbringing and relationships, if not to the same extent.   Still, the burning questions are - what was he like(& where) before he got stuck in there, and why?

Offline KiraiAnca

• anything for cheese
« Reply #195 on: September 02 2006, 11:51 pm »
I don't know why I have the impression that it will turn out that R!Syaoran is CCS!Syaoran. Or at least acts exactly like him.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #196 on: September 02 2006, 11:57 pm »
i have the feeling that Real Syaoran is the CCS Syaoran too!! look at the sword he uses and the talisman!! those are the CCS's Syaoran's!!! i can't figure out why are those with him unless those ARE HIS..

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #197 on: September 03 2006, 12:03 am »
Did any one have the translation of chapter 127, I have only the original scans!!!! And I what to know the thing that Sakura is telling in the end of the chapter. This volume is realy breathtaking. One more thing if you know mexican people, please tell them the te manga of tsubasa has yust arrived the first 2 volumes to mexico, in the "Editorial Vid".
 :hello2:

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #198 on: September 03 2006, 12:08 am »
you can go to this MSN group.. it's translated to English..

http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga/

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Windows X

« Reply #199 on: September 03 2006, 01:02 am »
I don't know what you guys are thinking but Sakura chose not to take the feather because she feels like it's the cause that make C!Syaoran become like that and she's afraid of it. I feel sorry for R!Syaoran but it really can't be helped that Sakura has forgotten him from the very beginning. You may not know but before beginning of chapter 1, Sakura and R!Syaoran knows each other.
There's no way to beat the hopeless, all you can do just walk forward.