AuthorTopic: Chapter 127  (Read 83390 times)

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
Re: Chapter 127
« Reply #240 on: September 05 2006, 03:41 am »
I've been wondering that too.  They only stay a couple of days in each world and if CLAMP isn't doing any time-skips I can't see how it's been 2 years.  Then again I haven't read the entire thing in a long time so I could have easily missed the part where it said it had been 2 years.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline quimmy

• Everybody! Do the canon dance! <(*.*<)
  • Big Fan
  • <3
« Reply #241 on: September 05 2006, 08:03 am »
I still say that TRC!Clow is actually a grown up Eriol (which would explain why there was a Clow AND a Fujitaka).

Not that I think he is related, in any way, to the CCS!world.

xD Thank god I'm not the only one that supports this theory! I've had so many people tell me I'm cracked in the head. xDD But seriously, they've never called the king of Clow by name, and from the looks of 10 year old Eriol he would grow up to look very like Clow.

Thanks babypiggy for the set!! <3

Inside an endless conflict
The man has begun to  understand
The reason he fights

Forum Family
| Big Sister - Time Machine |
| Little Sister- babypigggy |
| Twin sister - Starfire |
| Pet Kitties (nyaa!) - hoshisenshi - Jeanette |
<3<3<3<3

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #242 on: September 05 2006, 08:11 am »
But this is the manga thread.  Everyone reading this topic should know about the vampire thing now. :P
sorry...when i posted it was really earliy and i as really tired so i thought this was about hte anime episode XP
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #243 on: September 05 2006, 08:22 am »
I've been wondering that too. They only stay a couple of days in each world and if CLAMP isn't doing any time-skips I can't see how it's been 2 years. Then again I haven't read the entire thing in a long time so I could have easily missed the part where it said it had been 2 years.

actually, I don't think they have been travelling that long, like you said, they only stay in one world not more than a month or even less than that, so, 2 years...?? nahhh, there must be a mistake

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 05 2006, 08:50 am »
Someone had written up a nice explanation of how long they have been traveling from using the seasons and holidays in xxxHolic, but I have no idea where I read it.  According to that, Watanuki is now 17/18 when he was originally around 16.  They've gone from before valentines day early in the series to full blown winter with snow, and now they're in summer.  There was also a New Year's in there as well, with the first dream of the year and all.

I need to go through and count the seasons and holidays, but it has been well over a year in Yuuko's world, that's for sure.  You need to take the time difference into consideration when you're comparing Tsubasa to xxxHolic though.

Amongst the group, Fai and Kurogane have spent the longest amount of time together.  Due to their seperation that one time, they lived together for six months longer than Syaoran and Sakura.
« Last Edit: September 05 2006, 09:09 am by nefadol »

Offline duchessa

• Good Fan
  • icon is made by evercool
« Reply #245 on: September 05 2006, 12:48 pm »
actually, I don't think they have been travelling that long, like you said, they only stay in one world not more than a month or even less than that, so, 2 years...?? nahhh, there must be a mistake
I don't think the story shows every world they go to (as shown in the omakes) so it is possible for the journey to be two years long already (especially for Kuro & Fai who spent 6 months seperated from the rest)....They stayed longer in piffle I think, and some other places. However I think its more like a year...else Sakura and Syaoran would have a bit more growth spurt.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 05 2006, 03:03 pm »
Besides, time flows different in the different worlds (look at Spirit!). So from Watanuki's and Yuuko's point of view it's 2 years, but you just can't really say. Hyuu, complicated!
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #247 on: September 05 2006, 03:27 pm »
xD Thank god I'm not the only one that supports this theory! I've had so many people tell me I'm cracked in the head. xDD But seriously, they've never called the king of Clow by name, and from the looks of 10 year old Eriol he would grow up to look very like Clow.

Plus, since Fujitaka is actually half of Clow's soul, surely he shouldn't exist in the same world at the same time as the real Clow.  That would equal one and a half souls, which surely breaks a rule somewhere.

As Eriol is the other half of Clow's soul it makes sense for it to be HIM and Fujitaka.

Offline Lady_Spirit

• what is it I'm looking for?
« Reply #248 on: September 06 2006, 12:12 am »
i'm still new here and haven't read through this whole post yet  but I was wondering if I was right about something. When i saw this splashpage the first thing I thought was 'woe, a picture of Fai not smiling', now i maybe be wrong (which is why I'm asking) but am i right in think this is the first splashpage of Fai where he has not smiled?
I asked a friend but they just got worried over where it mean something deeper...of couse then i worried too.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 06 2006, 02:31 am »
No, it's not the first.  Here's a couple that I could remember...

...from chapter 25 and 98.

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #250 on: September 06 2006, 09:34 pm »
wow.....I find that no-smiley-Fai-splash pages are more attractive coz it's just showing the mystery...^^

Someone had written up a nice explanation of how long they have been traveling from using the seasons and holidays in xxxHolic, but I have no idea where I read it.  According to that, Watanuki is now 17/18 when he was originally around 16.  They've gone from before valentines day early in the series to full blown winter with snow, and now they're in summer.  There was also a New Year's in there as well, with the first dream of the year and all.

I need to go through and count the seasons and holidays, but it has been well over a year in Yuuko's world, that's for sure.  You need to take the time difference into consideration when you're comparing Tsubasa to xxxHolic though.

Amongst the group, Fai and Kurogane have spent the longest amount of time together.  Due to their seperation that one time, they lived together for six months longer than Syaoran and Sakura.

okay, that's a really good explanation, guess that will make the gangs already travelled more than 1/2 a year I say (or maybe 2 year :p).
{suddenly feel desperate for waiting ch 128.....come on...one more week ><}

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 07 2006, 05:25 am »
I just noticed how big the gap in time is between worlds.  When the group arrives in Tokyo, Yuuko was dressed the same way she was at New Years.  Now in her world it's the middle of summer, but they've only been in Tokyo for a couple of days at the most.  That's around a six month gap right there.

I guess it's kinda hard to tell how long the group has been traveling then.  o_O

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #252 on: September 07 2006, 06:34 am »
I think the only way to count it would be to say how many nights they have slept...but there is no way to know that.  Of course, as was said before, Kuro and Fai have been traveling six months longer than Sakura and Syao... but we have no idea what is going on "off camera" so to speak, so we can't tell how long they have been in any world. 
    If it had been 2 years or longer in Yuuko's world, though, I think she would have asked for more white day presents!

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #253 on: September 07 2006, 07:05 am »
Ahhh, but Yuuko knows about the time differences, she's just really impatient. XD
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 07 2006, 07:07 am »
I don't think she'd give them anything for later Valentines Days after not receiving anything for white day the first time.  She was highly annoyed by it, as her ranting in xxxHolic.

Yuuko: I don't believe it...how can this be?
Watanuki: Yuuko-san...
Yuuko: Because...because...Syaoran-kun and the others didn't give me anything for White Day!!  I thought it was just the time difference between this world and the other world, but I've already waited for two months!  And...I can't contact them at all...what's going on?  If someone receives Valentine's Day...then they should return it triple on White Day!  It's common sense, isn't it?
Watanuki: Only to some people...
Yuuko: Wah!  White Day...I've been waiting for something special from the other worlds...

....Yuuko is rather greedy, there's no way she'd give them anything for Valentines Day again. :haha:

Offline vampifaied

« Reply #255 on: September 08 2006, 06:04 am »
hi everybody! ^___^ my second post, i'm new but i've read and watched the series and i've been hiding for a while now
/\_/\    _ 
(o.o)  / /  {nyaa nyaa!!
(___)/ /
forum family:
kouichi - forum boyfriend

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #256 on: September 08 2006, 06:39 am »
Hi, vampifaied! You're piping up at a pretty exciting time.

Waaagh, I want it to be the 13th already! Holic AND Tsubasa! No more breaks for a while!
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline vampifaied

« Reply #257 on: September 08 2006, 08:40 am »
^__^ yay!! i was greeted Thank you emiko-san, i've been reading a lot of threads lately and there were so many that i wanted to be a part of so i bit the bullet and registered ^^
/\_/\    _ 
(o.o)  / /  {nyaa nyaa!!
(___)/ /
forum family:
kouichi - forum boyfriend

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #258 on: September 09 2006, 03:03 pm »
Welcome, vampifaied, to our forum!  ^_^  Haha...   Yes, you've definitely came during a crazy time in the manga's plot.

Five days and counting until 128's release!    I can also see how 127 has some hints of leaving Tokyo.  Hopefully!   Yes!   *steps into Mokona's mouth*

Mokona: Kyaaa!!  What are you doing!?
tg:  Shi.. San.  Ni.  Ichiiii!!   *explodes*
O.o

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #259 on: September 09 2006, 10:19 pm »
wah! the spoiler for chaptire 128 is up on Japanese BBS. now we have to wait for clamp_hikari to translate it for us...
One moment is all you can expect from perfection