AuthorTopic: Legal Drug  (Read 9762 times)

Offline Jill Yuki

Legal Drug
« on: April 21 2005, 11:04 am »
Does anyone else like this other CLAMP series? I love it! The adventures of Rikuo and Kazahaya are just too funny.

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
Re: Legal Drug
« Reply #1 on: April 21 2005, 12:10 pm »
i know legal drug is 1 of CLAMP's series but i'm not quite sure of the storyline...any1 can mind to explain a little? i thought the xxxholic cross-over might get me interested..but theres too little to base on~ :P

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: April 21 2005, 03:00 pm »
I've only read a little bit of the first one, but I really liked it.
It's really funny at times, and the writing is awesome.
 I'm going to go back and read what's out so far after I finish with the available Fruits Basket books I can get my hands on!

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #3 on: April 28 2005, 11:43 am »
It's about two 17-year-old guys who met by...accident sorta. Kazahaya was freezing to death in the snow one x-mas and Rikuo just picked him up and took him back to the 'Green Drugstore' where he worked under Kakei and Saiga's management. When Kazahaya wakes up, he's offered a job to work with Rikuo in the store, and from then on he's been trying to make a lot of money for some unknown (at least to my knowledge) purpose by going on odd jobs assigned to him and Rikuo by Kakei. There is implied yaoi and it's really funny because Kazahaya doesn't really like Rikuo, and Rikuo doesn't really like him. But they (extremely) slowly become friends.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #4 on: June 07 2005, 05:01 pm »
I've just finished the third book of this series and it just gets better and better!
The dialoge and story lines are so awesome and funny and the relationship between Kazahaya and Rikou is hilarious at times.

Lot's of crossovers here too.
The vase that Watanuki has in book 5 of XxxHolic, Suki and I'm sure more that I haven't noticed yet.

This has become one of my most favorite mangas, if you haven't read it, you really should. Especially if you like XxxHolic!

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
« Reply #5 on: September 06 2005, 03:07 am »
Legal Drug is AWESOME. But ive heard that they're gonna stop the production :angry:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: September 06 2005, 03:09 am »
Really? Nooooo!

I've only just got volume 1, and I love it! I've read the translations, but I've always missed the pictures until now! And they're STOPPING?!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: September 06 2005, 05:15 am »
Yeah... its been on hiatus for a while after volume 3, I think. *pouts* Legal Drug is awesome.. especially the way its so blatantly shounen-ai. :XD: Saiga is my favorite... the shades rule, hehe.

I read somewhere that CLAMP had like 15 volumes planned for it, but there's been no word as to when they're going to pick it up again. :(

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 10 2005, 09:17 am »
lol rikou is my favorite.  I love his sarcastic manner XD

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #9 on: September 10 2005, 09:46 am »
Yeah... its been on hiatus for a while after volume 3, I think. *pouts* Legal Drug is awesome.. especially the way its so blatantly shounen-ai. :XD: Saiga is my favorite... the shades rule, hehe.

I read somewhere that CLAMP had like 15 volumes planned for it, but there's been no word as to when they're going to pick it up again. :(

Aaahhh! 15 WHOLE volumes and we ended up only getting 3? I knew they were planning on doing more, but not that many! Not faaaaaiiiirr..... I've liked Legal Drug for a LONG time and when I heard CLAMP was taking a break from it at 3, I went on Tokyo Pop's site and saw 4 volumes listed and my hopes were SO high until I learned it was a MISTAKE! *growls* But I hope they don't pull another X and put it on permanent hiatus... I really wanna know what's going on with Rikuou's tattoo and those girls they both keep thinking about. (Kazahaya's sister and Rikuou's, erm I dunno what..)
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 11 2005, 11:30 pm »
yep yep i agree with you.  I went on the site also and was realllly happy they had volume 4 -.- imagine my shock and anger when it wasnt gonna come out.  Question....Is Rikou and Kazahaya...are they...actually...er...gay? :silent:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: September 11 2005, 11:47 pm »
I'm not sure....a lot of fanfiction have them together, and Rikuo sure teases Kazahaya a lot......and then there was the scene beneath the tree.....

To tell you the truth, I don't know, but I think that it's likely......especially since CLAMP usually put romance in their stories, and those two are the main characters.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 11 2005, 11:49 pm »
Thats really true... hnn but i still like Rikou XD regardless of whatever he is  :greengrin:

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #13 on: September 12 2005, 02:12 am »
O.o.. I thought that there was no question that they were gay... That's why I read it... *sweatdrop*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 13 2005, 07:40 am »
Ah   :heh:

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: September 13 2005, 12:34 pm »
They just haven't admitted it to themselves yet. :lol: Either that or CLAMP is throwing a whole lot of stuff out for the fangirls, only to be evil and twist things in the end. I think they'll end up together, though.

And there's no question Kakei and Saiga are together. <3

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #16 on: September 13 2005, 02:27 pm »
kyaa! (i just found this thread!) i love legal drug!! hehehe!

i really want CLAMP to continue the series! i miss it...the art was very nice. ^^ and i must find out what happened to kei and tsukiko!

yup, tokyopop put a volume 4 up on their site, but it's not confirmed T_T

Offline Emperor Shaoran

• Gyonin will make a proclaimation...
« Reply #17 on: September 13 2005, 10:51 pm »
I love Legal Drug! I've got all the Japanese volumes plus 2 of the Tokyopop (3 isn't in stock where I live).

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #18 on: October 02 2005, 12:59 pm »
Alright, this may be random, but...

Why hasn't anyone from Legal Drug crossed over in Tsubasa?? O.o

I'll be waiting, CLAMP... o_o

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #19 on: October 03 2005, 02:45 am »
Maybe because it's to new...?
Hey but moment...they appeared in the first Volume from xxxHolic! Kimihiro buys something in theire drug store!
So...the hope for Tsubasa is there!^^
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty