AuthorTopic: Chapter 128  (Read 50836 times)

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
Re: Chapter 128
« Reply #80 on: September 13 2006, 10:07 pm »
Here's a scary thought for siblings....Hokuto and Tomoyo.....
lol
I was thinking today "What would happen if all the CLAMP characters had a party?" (Sad I know)
Hokuto and Tomoyo would be forcing Sakura, Syaoran, Sei-chan, Subaru, Kamui and Fuuma to play spin the bottle for sure.
(Watanuki and Kazuhaya would be waiters... there's a very long list of people making that a difficult job :P)

Offline EuphoriaBliss

• Call me Euphi (Yu-fi)!
  • Big Fan
  • Eternally Blissful...
« Reply #81 on: September 13 2006, 10:23 pm »
*AH!* O.O
Must download....>~< Hopefully, my internet connection wont fail....

Pay for the water? Get something for Yuuko....on her own...?!?

EDIT: Wow! Sakura really looks different!^O^ Time for Sakura to take charge!!>O<
I didnt really wanted to read it because the japanese characters are a little hard to see.
I wanna see someone cosplay that outfit too!^^
« Last Edit: September 13 2006, 11:09 pm by EuphoriaBliss »

I am Forever Happy to be by your side...

IOU *cookie* to:
Moon Li  (Thnx 4 d lyrics!)

Forum Family:
Moon Li - Onee-chan!^_^~

Offline Paccy

• New Fan
  • Kuro-puuuu<3<3
« Reply #82 on: September 13 2006, 11:35 pm »
Hmmmmmm.
Yay for Sakura being awake for a change.

I'll be pissed if Kurogane doesn't have to pay a price for his wish.

Set made by me^^
Hyuu!~

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #83 on: September 13 2006, 11:40 pm »
I'll be pissed if Kurogane doesn't have to pay a price for his wish.

same here... Kuro letting Sakura embark upon a dangerous mission in his stead is very OOC for me...
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline lynalar

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #84 on: September 13 2006, 11:57 pm »
same here... Kuro letting Sakura embark upon a dangerous mission in his stead is very OOC for me...

Not necesarily.  Kuro has often, in the past, let Syoaran off on his own to do dangerous things.  Like letting him fight Seishiro (sp?) on his own...and that was before he understood that it wasn't real and he was in a virtual world.

He also hasn't had a lot of direct contact with Sakura. Sure, he watches over her...but he's primarily been involved with Fai and Syoaran.

Also, he has Fai to think about.  For us, this has played out over weeks.  In their relative time, Fai's being hurt and dying anf then being saved is very fresh.  He also promised to look after Fai and is responsible for his life.  While that may or may not be permanent, depending on whether Fai gets his eye back, right now Fai NEEDS Kuro.

There is no way Kuro could really leave Fai right now.  What if Fai woke up and needed blood right away?  Or What if he woke up and Kuro wasn't there and he tried to run away...or even kill himself?  His mental stability following what has happened is likely to be shaky.  No way Kuro would up and leave him to go on a quest right now.

So really, I think it is in character.  But that's just me.  *shrugs*

Offline Tricky

• New Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 14 2006, 12:15 am »
I second that. Nice backing. Kuro is smarter than that and he knows that Sakura both wants and needs this as well. ^.~
You are special to me. Let me be your Kage-nie.

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline destiny_lockheart

« Reply #86 on: September 14 2006, 12:15 am »

There is no way Kuro could really leave Fai right now. What if Fai woke up and needed blood right away? Or What if he woke up and Kuro wasn't there and he tried to run away...or even kill himself? His mental stability following what has happened is likely to be shaky. No way Kuro would up and leave him to go on a quest right now.

I agree.  The other option would be to take Fai with him which would be both awkward and dangerous, not only for him, but for Fai.

And leaving Fai behind is clearly not an option.  Look what happened the last time he let him out of his sight?  He's not going to be doing that again anytime soon.

As for Sakura, I really like this change in her.

Show content
For me it seems her asserting herself to go on this mission is she wants to prove to herself that she can go on without her Syaoran.  In the past, he's always been the one looking out for her, and now that he's gone, she wants to know she can carry on without him.  It's sad because she seems to have completely given up on him ever returning, so she needs to do this journey for herself to prove that she can live without him.

Meh, I'm tired and probably not making a lot of sense.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 14 2006, 12:27 am »
YAY! I'm late, I liked this chapter, I love Sakura's fit. But there are a mistake!
Show content
In the first apparition of Syaoran, he hasn't wear anything in his feet and when Sakura talks to him, he wears boots!
Hopefully, Sakura is turning as our loved CCS Sakura!

*dances around the room* :hello2:

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #88 on: September 14 2006, 01:43 am »
I think he wears boots suddenly because the X people gave him some, like they gave Sakura a whole new outfit. So can we give Kuro a new shirt too? It may be sexy but it's all torn and bloody.

But, while I was in English today, I had a thought: (spoilers for Holic)

Show content
In Holic, Watanuki lost his eye to the spider, and he could periodically see flashes of where the spider was, etc. Likewise, after giving half his eye to Watanuki, Doumeki can sometimes see out of Watanuki's eye.

So my question/theory is this: will the same rules apply to Fai? Since Syaoran has his eye, will he be able to occasionally see out of it? Because that way we could keep up with what clone!Syaoran is doing.

However, Fai's eye was also removed rather more forcibly than Watanuki's, but if one considers the fact that Syaoran's eye turned blue, one can assume that it is still Fai's eye, and therefore he might still be able to see through it.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 14 2006, 01:48 am »
I think he wears boots suddenly because the X people gave him some, like they gave Sakura a whole new outfit. So can we give Kuro a new shirt too? It may be sexy but it's all torn and bloody.

But, while I was in English today, I had a thought: (spoilers for Holic)

Show content
In Holic, Watanuki lost his eye to the spider, and he could periodically see flashes of where the spider was, etc. Likewise, after giving half his eye to Watanuki, Doumeki can sometimes see out of Watanuki's eye.

So my question/theory is this: will the same rules apply to Fai? Since Syaoran has his eye, will he be able to occasionally see out of it? Because that way we could keep up with what clone!Syaoran is doing.

However, Fai's eye was also removed rather more forcibly than Watanuki's, but if one considers the fact that Syaoran's eye turned blue, one can assume that it is still Fai's eye, and therefore he might still be able to see through it.
I support your theory, Emiko. CSyao can know what they're doing everywhre they were. Mmmm....really dangerous ^_^U

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #90 on: September 14 2006, 01:56 am »
I support your theory, Emiko. CSyao can know what they're doing everywhre they were. Mmmm....really dangerous ^_^U

Thanks!

Though actually I think it's the other way around. Fai will be able to see out of "Syaoran"'s eye, but since Syaoran doesn't, ah...have an eye in Fai's skull (for *extreme* lack of a more eloquent way to phrase it) he probably won't be able to see anything.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #91 on: September 14 2006, 02:42 am »
I support that theory of yours as well, Emiko. Since I haven't read Holic,
Show content
how long do the intervals of seeing through their donated/lost eyes usually span? A few seconds or several minutes at a time? And how clear are the visions?
If Fai will be able to see through the clone's eyes at times, I think the glimpses he gets will be important clues for the gang's tries to avoid the clone catching up to them.

As for the chapter, I haven't got much to contribute, I'd just repeat what everyone else has said. It's great that Sakura's finally doing something, etc.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #92 on: September 14 2006, 03:31 am »
Ladydarkmoon's scan are up if you guys want them.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #93 on: September 14 2006, 03:32 am »
hehe
Show content
Kamui's face! XDDD classic! *Fangirl giggle* there he is trying to be all tough and bam. MAN GLOMP! XD

Anyone else think Sakura looks rather cool in this chapter? she changed in Syaoran's cape and gah *___* she looked fantastic! Plus people dressing in their loved ones clothes can be really cute and sensual... yeah *shutsup*

an ok chapter, mainly I'm glad to see some Kamui/Fuuma action, and Sakura looking like she's finally about to kick some ***

^__^

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #94 on: September 14 2006, 04:07 am »
Ladydarkmoon's scan are up if you guys want them.
Could you put up a link to her site? :)
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 14 2006, 04:37 am »
Could you put up a link to her site? :)

Here. :keke:

did anyone else catch the look on Real syao's face when fuuma mentioned seishriou's name? kuro had a look to, but it was more like "oh, THAT guy <_<"

I think everybody except for Fuuma hates him at the moment, Sei-chan has no friends!  Wouldn't it be funny if Fuuma ends up being on their side. It looks like all that talk Seishirou did about Kamui perked Fuuma's interest, not to mention the sparring matches for three years straight. XD

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 14 2006, 04:50 am »
  Also, he has Fai to think about.  For us, this has played out over weeks.  In their relative time, Fai's being hurt and dying anf then being saved is very fresh.  He also promised to look after Fai and is responsible for his life.  While that may or may not be permanent, depending on whether Fai gets his eye back, right now Fai NEEDS Kuro.

There is no way Kuro could really leave Fai right now.  What if Fai woke up and needed blood right away?  Or What if he woke up and Kuro wasn't there and he tried to run away...or even kill himself?  His mental stability following what has happened is likely to be shaky.  No way Kuro would up and leave him to go on a quest right now.

So really, I think it is in character.  But that's just me.  *shrugs*

I totally agree *nods* I was thinking the same thing today at school - that Kuro couldn't've gone anywhere, because he had to stay with Fai.

And Inarikami did a translation of the chapter too, if it hasnt been posted already, which makes a few bits clearer~
http://inarikami.livejournal.com/13016.html?#cutid1

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #97 on: September 14 2006, 04:54 am »
I support that theory of yours as well, Emiko. Since I haven't read Holic,
Show content
how long do the intervals of seeing through their donated/lost eyes usually span? A few seconds or several minutes at a time? And how clear are the visions?
If Fai will be able to see through the clone's eyes at times, I think the glimpses he gets will be important clues for the gang's tries to avoid the clone catching up to them.

Hmm, as I remember it...

Show content
When Watanuki was seeing through the spider, the visions lasted only a few seconds (I assume), since he was more or less like "WTF?" and then pretty much just kept on going. Visions SEEM to be pretty clear otherwise, they aren't blurry or anything (though we're never really shown any of Doumeki's visions).

However, when Doumeki begins seeing out of Watanuki's eye, he mentions being able to see what I'll tentatively refer to as a fireworks display (made by, um, a lightning god or spirit I think? It's been a while since I read that arc.) So, that particular vision probably lasted longer than just a few seconds.

Doumeki also deduces that he can see out of Watanuki's eye whenever Watanuki's emotions fluctuate or are strong.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #98 on: September 14 2006, 05:05 am »
Okay, so I've finally read the chapter...

Show content
As much as I still don't want the journey to focus just on Sakura, I do want it to skip back and forth between her and Kurogane, Syaoran and Fai....

But I take back anything I said about Sakura before I read this. I don't mean previous chapters, as she was a bit dull, but about this chapter after the spoilers.

I feel like a proud parent about Sakura. Look at her go...She's gaining a backbone. She's like her proper self again.

THAT'S THE SAKURA I KNOW AND LOVE. Keep it up!

...I still want the inevitable Kuro-and-Fai talk. >_<

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline tsubasachronicle91

• New Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 14 2006, 05:34 am »
where are the acutal subs for this chapter?

With these tiny wings, we'll soar to a place where memories never fade.