AuthorTopic: Chapter 128  (Read 50976 times)

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
Re: Chapter 128
« Reply #60 on: September 13 2006, 12:33 pm »
And like I said up there, I don't know that the wish is being paid for yet.  Yuuko has yet to get something in return for the water.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 13 2006, 12:49 pm »
Show content
She said that there was something where Sakura was going that she wanted as payment, so Sakura can fix the water's treatment and also pay Yuuko.

Basically, I don't think Subaru cares who pays for the water, so long as the water is restored (otherwise he probably would have said something).  It isn't really fair to him (or Kamui for that matter), but if Yuuko is fine with it, then that's all that matters.  She is the one who provided the water afterall.

Also, Subaru shouldn't be in debt to Kamui for giving his blood, as it was Kamui's wish to take his place.  Kinda like how Fai's not in debt to Kurogane, it was the others wish, not theirs.

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #62 on: September 13 2006, 12:57 pm »
Show content
She said that there was something where Sakura was going that she wanted as payment, so Sakura can fix the water's treatment and also pay Yuuko.

Basically, I don't think Subaru cares who pays for the water, so long as the water is restored (otherwise he probably would have said something).  It isn't really fair to him (or Kamui for that matter), but if Yuuko is fine with it, then that's all that matters.  She is the one who provided the water afterall.

Also, Subaru shouldn't be in debt to Kamui for giving his blood, as it was Kamui's wish to take his place.  Kinda like how Fai's not in debt to Kurogane, it was the others wish, not theirs.
Ah, true, it was Kamui's wish not Subaru's. No, I don't think Subaru cares who pays for the water either. But the way it ended up everyone was pretty happy- Kurogane doesn't have to pay Yuuko directly for Fai's life, Subaru ensures the water gets there, and Kamui doesn't have to worry about more 'interferences' with Subaru.

So what Sakura then seems to be doing is getting the price for Kurogane, not paying Yuuko herself. So I guess Kurogane will owe her for getting the price for him, if that's what's happening. >< Jeez, I want a good translation.

Edit: somebody on LJ linked to a translation on TC.net. Here

Quote:
Yuuko: Well, about the price, Kurogane.

p.15
Kurogane: Finally you want something?
Syaoran: With that I'll...
Sakura: I'll do it.
Mokona: Sakura!

p.19
Mokona: Are you really going alone?
Sakura: Yes.
Mokona: Yuuko! The rain in this country hurts a lot! There are very big creatures too. It's very dangerous to go alone.
Yuuko: That's why I asked her to bring me something from a place that only I have told her. That will be a payment.

Eh? >< God, I will really hate it if Kurogane doesn't have to pay a price. That would be dumb.
« Last Edit: September 13 2006, 01:08 pm by Jeannette »
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #63 on: September 13 2006, 01:47 pm »
Show content
Sakura looks awesome when she's serious. I love the way she looks now and am just really glad that she's finally developing a lot!

For the first time, the spoilers were practically a 100% correct.

I'm still getting confused about the relationships in X and how they are linked to Tsubasa. I might need to reread X... how is it that Fuuma is actually Seishirou's brother? Or is it in Tsubasa, the relationships differ from X?

As for the price thing... I also think that it has come to it doesn't matter who pays the price, someone has to pay it. So Sakura had decided she'll pay for it... I think it's mostly because she feels responsible to what has happened and also probably cause she really wants to do something. (I still remember her in the Lecourt arc when she kept saying that she felt terrible that she couldn't help... I knew then that CLAMP was bound to make Sakura do something...)

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 13 2006, 01:55 pm »
Show content
I'm still getting confused about the relationships in X and how they are linked to Tsubasa. I might need to reread X... how is it that Fuuma is actually Seishirou's brother? Or is it in Tsubasa, the relationships differ from X?

Show content
The relations are completely different.  In X, Seishirou and Kamui have no siblings.  Subaru has a twin sister named Hokuto and Fuuma has a sister named Kotori.  Hokuto dies at the end of Tokyo Babylon and Kotori dies early in X.

I'd say Kamui and Subaru were more like brothers than Seishirou and Fuuma.  They did get along for the most part, enough to go on a eating spree together while Tokyo was being destroyed.  They're both rather twisted. :keke:
« Last Edit: September 13 2006, 03:44 pm by nefadol »

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #65 on: September 13 2006, 01:56 pm »
Show content
Sakura looks awesome when she's serious. I love the way she looks now and am just really glad that she's finally developing a lot!

For the first time, the spoilers were practically a 100% correct.

As for the price thing... I also think that it has come to it doesn't matter who pays the price, someone has to pay it. So Sakura had decided she'll pay for it... I think it's mostly because she feels responsible to what has happened and also probably cause she really wants to do something. (I still remember her in the Lecourt arc when she kept saying that she felt terrible that she couldn't help... I knew then that CLAMP was bound to make Sakura do something...)
No, in X Fuuma wasn't Seishirou's brother. Their relationship was... weird. xd They were two evil bastards who had something resembling respect for each other, I guess you could say. They'd go and eat ice cream together after committing mass murder. <3 It totally makes sense that they're brothers in TRC though, lol.

I'll stop talking about this, really I will, but it would be dumb if Sakura paid Kurogane's price. It just would.

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 13 2006, 02:04 pm »
You know, I was noticing that everybody is pretty much okay with Fuuma and Sei-chan being brothers.  Although when it came to Kamui and Subaru, there was a lot of denial about it.  I may not have liked Kotori that much, but she's being neglected just as much as Hokuto in this series.

I don't mind the F/S and K/S being brothers in TRC, it's just an observation on the fans reactions to the two. :keke:

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 13 2006, 02:10 pm »
I'll stop talking about this, really I will, but it would be dumb if Sakura paid Kurogane's price. It just would.

I actually understand what you mean though... Even I was surprised that Sakura's actually paying for it. But I wonder if this is something only Sakura can do? After all, Yuuko didn't have any problems letting Sakura do it... Still, I guess I'm going to look at it this way...
Show content
Someone needs to look after Fye, and seeing as he can't be moved a lot, I guess it's up to Kurogane to look after him. ^^ Still wondering whether Fye would be hungry when he gets up... >_>

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #68 on: September 13 2006, 02:12 pm »
You know, I was noticing that everybody is pretty much okay with Fuuma and Sei-chan being brothers.  Although when it came to Kamui and Subaru, there was a lot of denial about it.  I may not have liked Kotori that much, but she's being neglected just as much as Hokuto in this series.

I don't mind the F/S and K/S being brothers in TRC, it's just an observation on the fans reactions to the two. :keke:
True, true... I actually liked Kotori more than most fans seem too, and I was definitely one of those fans in denial about Kamui being Subaru's twin. ^^;

I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that... well, Hokuto was portrayed far more strongly than Kotori was. A lot of people forget that
Show content
Kotori purposely sacrificed herself for Kamui and Fuuma like Hokuto did for Seishirou and Subaru. They think of Kotori as being far more of a victim than Hokuto.
Hokuto was in all seven volumes of TB and she was very strong and she directed events; Kotori was proportionally in far less of X, and a lot of her purpose in X is 'zomg save Kotori!' and 'Poor Kotori's gone insane!'

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #69 on: September 13 2006, 02:13 pm »
Watanuki's got a massive debt O.o i mean he got all that water that is worth a life. Sure Yuuko did something to it but still.

Kurogane has been helping Sakura look for feathers, she no doubt wants Fai to live too and maybe she's sick of people being hurt for her. She's doing this as much for herself as for her friends

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #70 on: September 13 2006, 02:15 pm »
: Think of it this way: Subaru wanted ice cream. Kurogane agreed to pay for Subaru's ice cream. In exchange, Subaru had to give Kurogane his manga. It does matter who pays for what- if someone pays the price for you, you owe them in return; it's not a free ride.
:rotfl: thats a very funny comparison

btw...anyone else LOVE kurogane's pose at the end, when he talked to sakura?  :inlove:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 13 2006, 02:20 pm »
True, true... I actually liked Kotori more than most fans seem too, and I was definitely one of those fans in denial about Kamui being Subaru's twin. ^^;

I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that... well, Hokuto was portrayed far more strongly than Kotori was. A lot of people forget that
Show content
Kotori purposely sacrificed herself for Kamui and Fuuma like Hokuto did for Seishirou and Subaru. They think of Kotori as being far more of a victim than Hokuto.
Hokuto was in all seven volumes of TB and she was very strong and she directed events; Kotori was proportionally in far less of X, and a lot of her purpose in X is 'zomg save Kotori!' and 'Poor Kotori's gone insane!'

Exactly, there wouldn't have been an X without her.  It's highly overlooked. 

Who knows, maybe Kotori and Hokuto are sisters off in some other world, that would be interesting (Kotori with a sibling that wouldn't let her be meek). Just as cracky as Fuuma and Seishirou being brothers. Although Hokuto needs to pop up and get with Kakyou, he needs some love.  XD

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #72 on: September 13 2006, 02:31 pm »
finally after 2weeks of wait.. Sakura looks good in that outfit!!! love the shorts^^ she's finally doing something useful instead of just lying around

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #73 on: September 13 2006, 03:24 pm »
I wish you guys hadn't used ice cream as an example (since ice cream seems to be a euphemism for sex in the X fandom!).

That made me have giggle fits!  Just try replacing the word and see what you all sounded like!

I wonder where Kotori is too...but it would be so COOL if Kotori was Hokuto's sister.

Not as cool as Hokuto being the elder sister to Subaru AND Kamui (that would be so many kinds of awesome that I would lose count).  Imagine, she would have two little brothers to take care of, nag, clothe, set up with their respective seme...She would be the happiest person in the Tsubasa manga!

Kotori could always be Fuuma and Sei-niichan's little sister...actually, I think they would have killed her between them...just because they're good at killing sisters.

Show content
Subaru's glove is gone because he activated his 'SuperHyperEvil!Manicure'...although I DO like the placement of the speech bubble...completely covering up the back of his hand!  Any chance of there being any marks there?  Hehheh!

I can't believe how much I'm talking about the side characters and ignoring the main characters...

Just on a completely random side note...Syaoran must be the only straight man to be able to pull off capri pants!

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #74 on: September 13 2006, 04:05 pm »
Here's a scary thought for siblings....Hokuto and Tomoyo.....
Yeah, I would love it if Hokuto showed up, along with Kotori, and anyother poor fool CLAMP likes to give horible deaths to......crys....

But think about it, they can both sing, love dressing people up, loved setting up people with S in the name, S&S, hehe. I could go on with these two forever....
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #75 on: September 13 2006, 05:50 pm »
did anyone else catch the look on Real syao's face when fuuma mentioned seishriou's name? kuro had a look to, but it was more like "oh, THAT guy <_<"
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #76 on: September 13 2006, 08:02 pm »
another thing i noticed.. is Sakura wearing Syaoran's clothes? as in those he wore when he was in clow country?!!? no rights? it's only the cape that look like his.. finally Sakura is wearing some boyish outfit instead of all those dresses and frills.. i stress again.. she looks DARN GOOD!!! XD

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #77 on: September 13 2006, 08:15 pm »
At least R!Syao get boots ^^, but it looks funny for me coz it doesn't match with that FWR's outfit, and how long does CLAMP intend to make him wear that outfit, although I like the outfit :tongue:, but come on......can he have more decent one in the future ....?? (what's with the fashion talk :haha:)

Fuuma came to that country 4 years ago, right? while Kamui and Subaru came 3 years ago, why Fuuma has been in that country earlier or even in the first place...?and he already carry the feather with him , what for..? does he already predicted all of this will happen.?that's not possible, isn't it

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #78 on: September 13 2006, 09:29 pm »
Fuuma came to that country 4 years ago, right? while Kamui and Subaru came 3 years ago, why Fuuma has been in that country earlier or even in the first place...?and he already carry the feather with him , what for..? does he already predicted all of this will happen.?that's not possible, isn't it

Maybe he was stuck? Or he knows someone with fortune-telling powers (there are enough of them in CLAMPverse), and came there to wait for Kamui and Subaru.

Hokuto and Kotori being sisters would be awesome.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 13 2006, 09:47 pm »
another thing i noticed.. is Sakura wearing Syaoran's clothes? as in those he wore when he was in clow country?!!? no rights? it's only the cape that look like his.. finally Sakura is wearing some boyish outfit instead of all those dresses and frills.. i stress again.. she looks DARN GOOD!!! XD

Seeing as Yuuko never gave them back their clothes, I don't think so... >_< But it does look rather similiar, ne?

I want to see someone cosplay Sakura with that outfit. ^^