AuthorTopic: Chapter 130  (Read 68716 times)

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
Re: Chapter 130
« Reply #60 on: September 25 2006, 07:38 am »
i think that Fai called Kurogane by his full name to tortured him,to make him pay for what he has done to him  :dodge::
He forced him to live against his will,and the fact that Fai is putting some distance between them is a way to say to kurogane that he has gone too far...

Fai's smile is moreover rather sadistic,especially with this bandage on his left eye which reminds to Kurogane all the suffering that Fai was obliged to endure because of his selfish attitude  :sad5:

I don't think that is the case at all. I don't think Fai is distancing himself from Kurogane out of revenge or anything.  It seems that Fai is doing such things to distance himself from Kurogane, but not out of hatred or anything,  but just because Fai doesn't want anyone to be hurt even further because of him.  He said he wasn't going to forgive Kurogane because if he did they'd be closer than ever. Fai has been trying to keep himself emotionally distant from people for the majority of the manga, he just wants to maintain that as much as he can. He's not just going to  open up and forget about all the distance he has been trying to establish at the drop of the hat, emotions don't work that way. He's willing to do anything to keep himself separate from everyone else, probably because he believes that if he gets close to anyone he's going to hurt them, these are people he cares about, he doesn't want them to be harmed on account of what he has done... hence the distance and the harsh manner of pushing Kurogane away.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #61 on: September 25 2006, 07:55 am »
i didn't say that Fai hated Kurogane for having save his life,but that his disconcerting reaction was a "warning" toward kurogane,a way to prevent him from coming more closer to him  :keke:.

his smile is a way to irritated Kurogane,and to make him understand that even under the circumstances he is not willing to change his attitude,and that he is going to be more detestable than before to put a "barrier" between them and so to protect him...even if we don't really know yet from what  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline faisama13

• it's not coincidence...it's hitsuzen....
« Reply #62 on: September 25 2006, 07:58 am »
I don't think that is the case at all. I don't think Fai is distancing himself from Kurogane out of revenge or anything. It seems that Fai is doing such things to distance himself from Kurogane, but not out of hatred or anything, but just because Fai doesn't want anyone to be hurt even further because of him. He said he wasn't going to forgive Kurogane because if he did they'd be closer than ever. Fai has been trying to keep himself emotionally distant from people for the majority of the manga, he just wants to maintain that as much as he can. He's not just going to open up and forget about all the distance he has been trying to establish at the drop of the hat, emotions don't work that way. He's willing to do anything to keep himself separate from everyone else, probably because he believes that if he gets close to anyone he's going to hurt them, these are people he cares about, he doesn't want them to be harmed on account of what he has done... hence the distance and the harsh manner of pushing Kurogane away.

i agree with you. he doesn't truely hate Kurogane, he is afraid of his own emotions and so  he distances himself from him and the others. he's afraid that if he becomes emotionally involved, something bad might happen to them and he'll think it's because of himself. AHH!! I just wish we new more of his past to help us understand him better!!! >_<

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #63 on: September 25 2006, 08:16 am »
This was a beautiful chapter.
Show content
Sakura, bleeding and still going on really reached my heart (yay Sakura!) I guess that she really wants to do something for the others, because she felt so useless. (Not blaming her, she was falling asleep because of the feathers) So this really gave her character great development.

I adored how Fai grew all worried for Sakura when Yuuko said she was outside. Adorable Fai mommy, Sakura daughter relationship! (I wanna draw now!) I bet he's freaking out, because she is outside, vulnerable to all danger and paying for his life... ;  __  ; so sad! It makes Fai realize how close he has gotten to everyone, specially after Yuuko mentioned that when he's in pain, everyone is in pain as well. I can't wait for next chapter.

Also, Kurogane looked heart-broken when Fye called him by his full name. I mean.. did you see his face turn from shock to sadness? I bet he realized that Fye placed a huge gap in between them just by the mention of his fuul name. Kind of like saing "The game ends here".
At least, that's how I interpreted it.
Great chapter, kudos to CLAMP.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #64 on: September 25 2006, 08:48 am »
Show content
Bloody!Sakura!! Sakura's being so awesome right now, I'm so glad she's finally getting to do something.

This chapter rocked my socks off. KuroFainess and Sakura being awesome = love from Emiko.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline kuromori

« Reply #65 on: September 25 2006, 08:50 am »
Lovely chapter, thank you for sharing it!

Show content
Some of those images were bittersweet. Fay's smile looks a lot more forced, Kurogane's face,  the way he turned his back on him and walked away.  Fay's expressions, were so heart wrenchingly beautiful. Every one is in so much pain... *sniffle*

I agree, Fay doesn't hold a grudge or any  anger toward Kurogane. But he's not going to let the Ninja know about that. Kurogane had just given Fay his out. By taking Fay's life into his hands and forcing him to live, Fay now has the right to push him away without fear of too much back lash. (at least right now)

Kurgone was getting too close. Able to see right through him and wasn't afraid to question him on his actions. I'm pretty sure on some level this terrified Fay due to whatever happened to him in the past. But he never wanted to push him away. He couldn't justify any reason for it until now, because part of him wants to be around Kuro. Part of him needs him, probably just to feel (for lack of a better word) alive.

However, now realized this moment was going to be his last and only chance before they fell deeper into whatever bond has kept them together this long. For him, this is the only way. Though I have a feeling that this attitude won't last long. Kurogane isn't patient enough for it, and at some point our lovely wizard is going to have to break down... one or both of these factors will change  this current course.

At least I hope so... this is almost too painful to read...(but I love it so!)
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #66 on: September 25 2006, 08:53 am »
wow early. O.O such angst T_T

Show content
poor fai. he loked sad that he didnt want to forgive kurogane. i was sorta right on that point on a fic thats sitting in my head. kurogane looked actualy hurt when fai used his proper name :(

now...to chaneg my msn name ....
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #67 on: September 25 2006, 09:03 am »
My, this is early,and it's always the good one that come early ^^

Show content
so what..? no more Kuro-rin, Kuro-tan.?? those two better have talk to make things clearer, and Fai...why are you selfish....think about Kurogane's feeling for a while would you...><.  And from what Fai has said, does he want his right eye back or not, and even if he doesn't want to drink Kurogane's blood, will he live ..? well, if he doesn't Kurogane will force him to , to make Fai live XD.

what..?what?poor Sakura... :cry:....does she has something stuck in her leg..!!??and her fingers...ahhh><....and yup, those scans does lost one last page, and what are that flower things in the middle of the 'pond' ..?

hmm...just wondering, everytime Yuuko said "those children", who does she refers to, in this chapter at first i thought only SAkura and Syaoran, but then again is that include Kurogane...? since Fai is considered "older" from the rest anyway, and in the same category as Yuuko and Clow as strong magic power possesor

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 25 2006, 10:43 am »
Wow.

Show content
The look on Kurogane's face when Fay calls him by his proper name is just absolutely heartbreaking. Kuro wanted him to live, and Fay's being unnecessarily mean to him. Yes, he doesn't want to forgive him because if he does, they will be closer, but he's being completely selfish. He's comparing his past to the present, when it's clear that Kurogane genuinely cares for Fay.

I kind of see Yuuko's comment about Fay's importance to the children as being a slap in the face, as if she sees that he's being selfish and he needs to consider other people's feelings. He's so important to all of them, but it looks like he either doesn't see it or won't accept it.

And that picture where you see Fay looking at Kuro's back, the blanket half over him, just completely killed me. It's so incredibly sad. It's like Kuro's showing Fay that he knows he's been completely rejected, and that since Fay called him "Kurogane" he's going to give him the distance he thinks he needs.

I don't know how long it'd last, though, given both of their personalities...but...

And poor Sakura! Eep!
« Last Edit: September 25 2006, 02:03 pm by mellie »
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #69 on: September 25 2006, 10:46 am »
hmm...just wondering, everytime Yuuko said "those children", who does she refers to, in this chapter at first i thought only SAkura and Syaoran, but then again is that include Kurogane...? since Fai is considered "older" from the rest anyway, and in the same category as Yuuko and Clow as strong magic power possesor

That's an interesting thought. I assumed she was referring to Sakura and Syaoran as well, but it makes sense for the term 'children' to include Kurogane as well. Though Yuuko also called Fai a child in chapter, eeeh, 126 I think it was?

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline kirbycat89

• Smile :D
« Reply #70 on: September 25 2006, 11:07 am »
Show content
I know that this might sound like a silly idea, but when Fay refered to that whole taking out thing. Maybe he meant that Ashura took him out from within himself. Like maybe Fay had been like this before (you know afraid of trusting, fake smiles and what not) and Ashura had helped him to be more open and trusting only for it to be a lie (For some reason still unknown to us all) in the end and betray Fay's trust.

What I'm saying is, that I think Fay had to have had some practice, nobody can be that good at hiding their feelings just minutes after they sealed away someone important to them. Also Fay is pretty old, who knows how old. Who's to say that there wasn't someone even before Ashura?

I don't know, but those are just my two cents. Maybe Fay really was locked in some closet and now he's out? Sorry about that XD

But what Fay did to Kurogane isn't acceptable. The poor man looked so hurt. Kinda like a teenager getting their love letter throw right back at them with a stamp of rejection in bold letters.  :hmp:
He even went as far as run/move away from Fay, like he couldn't handle the situation, this a first for him when it comes to Fay. :o

I think I'm going to go comfort my Kuro plushie now....
*At a Store*

Employer: Excuse me, miss?
Me: Huh? Yeah?
Employer: You wouldn't happen to be the lost teenager  that some lady, that looks like you, is looking for. Are you?
Me: No, because I'm not lost. I'm here by the Milk section in a grocery store talking to you. I know exactly where I am.
Employer: Er....okay...thanks....*starts to walk off*
Me: Oh but! Do you know where the lady, who looks like me, is? I don't know where she is. I believe she's lost....
Employer: ........

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #71 on: September 25 2006, 11:23 am »
*_* Has it EVER been this early? It's only.... Monday in Japan....;
*squees her fangirl heart out* SPLASH PAGE LOVE!!!! :XD: *dies*
I'll...err... be more intelligent about this as soon as I stop squeeing....

I'm not alone!  I totally went "Sdkfjasdkfjasdakdfja in those exact strange sounds and then giggled stupidly.

Show content
Am I the only one wincing while Sakura got her fingers ripped to shreds?  I mean, GOD that had to hurt like a sonofa.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #72 on: September 25 2006, 11:26 am »
Show content
Am I the only one wincing while Sakura got her fingers ripped to shreds? I mean, GOD that had to hurt like a sonofa.

Show content
No, you're definitely not! And check out her bloody, scraped knees too! Poor girl.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #73 on: September 25 2006, 11:31 am »
Yeah it really made me flinch as well... the girl is going to have some nasty scars later on... -_-

If you haven't downloaded Fututre Soundscape IV, do it now!
I guess I understand what  "Broken Sword of Justice" (track #10) means. After reading Ch. 130, it really is heartbreaking. You can only imagine what Kurogane is feeling right now. It makes one's heart wrench.

Offline Ingenuine

« Reply #74 on: September 25 2006, 11:49 am »
AH! This chapter was so good ;w;.
He FINALLY woke up, but it was so sad. =XX
Atleast we finally learn a little more about Fai.

Offline lynalar

« Reply #75 on: September 25 2006, 12:06 pm »
As to Fye's reaction to Kurogane:

Show content
I know a lot of you think it is mean...but it's actually nice compared to how some people react.

Fye has been so hurt in the past that he literally hides everything behind a smile.  We don't know why...but we know he does.

He cares for and trusts Kurogane...I mean, how many times have they watched each other's backs? Kurogane may be the swordsman, but Fye is no slouch (even without his magic)

Fye began to care for Sakura and Syoaran.  He showed emotion there and got it handed back to him in the absolute worst way possible.  At that point, he just wanted to die. He told Kurogane to let him die.
  As much as we may love the fact Kurogane saved Fye...from his point of view...it was a betrayal.  It kept him living when he wanted to die. He wanted the pain to end.  And Kurogane denied him that.

So now he's alive; tied to Kurogane for his existence, knowing that CSyoaran is "lost", knowing that if he ever wants to be independent of Kurogane it means C!S's death. He has to deal with Sakura's pain at losing C!S and deal with R!S...which is probably going to hurt him. A LOT.

And on top of that, the original hurt that sent him fleeing across realities is still out there.

To make a real world analogy...and one that is depressing but true:  A neighbor with two boys wanted to die and tried suicide one night.  Her sister found out and called 911.  Afterwards, she lived but lost both boys to social services because of her suicide attempt, lost her job because of her hospitalization, lost her apartment because she lost her job...and ended up in far worse straits than those that sent her trying to kill herself.

She hated her sister afterwards...and I do mean hate.  I will not get into the whole moral thing of whether the sister was right or wrong, whether the neighbor was right or wrong, or what not.  All I'm saying is that if somebody **seriously** wants to die and somebody else stops them...they aren't going to be happy with that person. 

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 25 2006, 12:13 pm »
All I'm saying is that if somebody **seriously** wants to die and somebody else stops them...they aren't going to be happy with that person.

Unless you're Subaru, I guess.  He didn't blame Kamui at all when he saved him from Rainbow Bridge, despite the fact that Kamui knew he would have rather stayed there.  I think Fai is more screwed up emotionally than him, and that's saying a lot for Clamp. o_O

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #77 on: September 25 2006, 12:24 pm »
As to Fye's reaction to Kurogane:

Show content
I know a lot of you think it is mean...but it's actually nice compared to how some people react.

Fye has been so hurt in the past that he literally hides everything behind a smile.  We don't know why...but we know he does.

He cares for and trusts Kurogane...I mean, how many times have they watched each other's backs? Kurogane may be the swordsman, but Fye is no slouch (even without his magic)

Fye began to care for Sakura and Syoaran.  He showed emotion there and got it handed back to him in the absolute worst way possible.  At that point, he just wanted to die. He told Kurogane to let him die.
  As much as we may love the fact Kurogane saved Fye...from his point of view...it was a betrayal.  It kept him living when he wanted to die. He wanted the pain to end.  And Kurogane denied him that.

So now he's alive; tied to Kurogane for his existence, knowing that CSyoaran is "lost", knowing that if he ever wants to be independent of Kurogane it means C!S's death. He has to deal with Sakura's pain at losing C!S and deal with R!S...which is probably going to hurt him. A LOT.

And on top of that, the original hurt that sent him fleeing across realities is still out there.

To make a real world analogy...and one that is depressing but true:  A neighbor with two boys wanted to die and tried suicide one night.  Her sister found out and called 911.  Afterwards, she lived but lost both boys to social services because of her suicide attempt, lost her job because of her hospitalization, lost her apartment because she lost her job...and ended up in far worse straits than those that sent her trying to kill herself.

She hated her sister afterwards...and I do mean hate.  I will not get into the whole moral thing of whether the sister was right or wrong, whether the neighbor was right or wrong, or what not.  All I'm saying is that if somebody **seriously** wants to die and somebody else stops them...they aren't going to be happy with that person. 

I agree, it was selfish of Kurogane. Fai did not want it. But the case here, I think, is different from the one you described.

I don't believe that the outcome of keeping Fai alive selfishly is going to be something terrible. In this case rather than him having to go through everything alone and never having closure, he might possibly get it and be able to keep people he loves around him at the end of it all. In this case he has more to lose than to gain by dying, or so I think. I believe this is one of those cases where the person who wanted to die will end up realizing that they have more to live for than to die over.

But yeah, it's pretty much a given that someone who wants to die isn't just going to be all peachy keen and happy with the person who forced them to live (at least, it's not an immediate process).

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #78 on: September 25 2006, 01:22 pm »
yknow, theres a very thin line between "hate" and  "love"...fai may "hate" kuro for what he did, but thats because he loves him so much that he's afraid of being close ^^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline mienaikitsune

« Reply #79 on: September 25 2006, 01:51 pm »
This chaptire has to be one of my favorites. Gotta love KuroxFai angst, and it's in full-swing. And personally, this world is my favorite.