AuthorTopic: Chapter 131  (Read 32598 times)

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
Re: Chapter 131
« Reply #60 on: October 05 2006, 03:37 pm »
I have a mixed reaction to this chapter.  I liked Kurogane and Syaoran talking because they really needed to.  I don't mind the lack of KuroFay since I think Fay needs time apart from Kurogane right now to think about his feelings (besides I'm sure there will be more goodness from them soon).

My problem really is with the Sakura part.  Now don't get me wrong, I like the fact she's doing something now and don't have a problem with how believable it is.  But I've always loved the way the characters interacted with each other (and other characters) on their journey and with Sakura going off on her own and most of these past  few chapters being devoted to what she's doing there hasn't been a lot of that lately.  I think it would have been a lot better if she had met someone (like a certain bishie with black wings who hasn't shown up yet *shakes angry fist at CLAMP* ) along her journey to 'guide' her somewhat because then you'd get that interaction between her and other CLAMP character.

And frankly I'm more interested in what's going on with Fuuma, Kamui, Subaru, Fay, Kurogane and Syaoran than what Sakura is doing.  I was interested in what Sakura was doing but I already know what happens with it so there's no suspense.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #61 on: October 05 2006, 03:45 pm »
And frankly I'm more interested in what's going on with Fuuma, Kamui, Subaru, Fay, Kurogane and Syaoran than what Sakura is doing.  I was interested in what Sakura was doing but I already know what happens with it so there's no suspense.

Yeah, I think it was kind of a bad move on CLAMP's part to reveal the goal and the result in xxxHOLiC before it happened in Tsubasa. It's like we already know what happens so it removes the suspense and all the potential theorizing about what the egg's purpose is for, etc etc.

Offline SEMP

« Reply #62 on: October 05 2006, 03:52 pm »
well... here is what i translated:
Show content
Page 1

She shined for that person's sake.

What stirs up this girl is the strength of that feeling.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2

Syaoran: !?

Kurogane: cover your self.

Syaoran: ...thanks.
Page 3

Kurogane: certainly you didn't wear that on your will.

Syaoran: but.. this isn't something you would like to see.

Kurogane: the witch said that you've been captured by the person who wears that crest.

Syaoran: yes.
Page 4

Syaoran: but I don't know on which world that is

Syaoran: even if I knew it... I can't take you there becouse I don't have enough magical power to cross over dimensions.

Syaoran: .... sorry.

Kurogane: that isn't your fault.

Kurogane: will the boy come back?.
Page 5

Kurogane: you have to decide it untill the princess comes back.

Kurogane: from now on, what will you do?
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9

Sakura: aah!!
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20

Sakura: ....I also from now on

Sakura: hurt.. someone, steal something....

Sakura: for a selfish reason....
Page 21

Sakura: ....indeed, in order.. to get that reward.... I did that....

Sakura: but.. even so..

Sakura: ..I want to get it back

Sakura: your lost heart.
Page 22

Sakura: .... Syaoran-kun..

A heart that begins to clash.

The cry of the princess... fades in Tokyo's night
« Last Edit: October 05 2006, 04:03 pm by SEMP »

Offline Roxx

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #63 on: October 05 2006, 04:11 pm »
that should be
Show content
YOU have to decide untill the pricess comes back. From now on, what will YOU do?

There is no, "Omae," or "Teme-," so it can be looked at both ways. It doesn't state that R!Syaoran has to choose only. I think it's something they're all going to discuss.

Kuroxfay<3

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #64 on: October 05 2006, 04:11 pm »
Sakura is really cool in this ch!!  >_<
The first page shows Sakura wore ...cloth
Really cool!!I like her style!!
And also again,this ch is always shows Sakura's doin'.
I feel really proud of her....
And are Kurogane & Fye had a fight???Looks like they dont talk to each other right now....
Well,I also know in ??? page,urgh...forgot!Sorry!!
Anyway,I really like  this world.Sakura is not the type that is going to give up easily.
The scene when she is going to die,she shot the monsters!!!(or giant snakes???)
CLAMP!!!Ganbatte!!Do your best work!!!

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline SEMP

« Reply #65 on: October 05 2006, 04:22 pm »
There is no, "Omae," or "Teme-," so it can be looked at both ways. It doesn't state that R!Syaoran has to choose only. I think it's something they're all going to discuss.

you're right... i should have written: "I THINK that should be ..." i was going to edit it.. but now that you pointed that out, there is no need to...

It's just my way of understanding it.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #66 on: October 05 2006, 04:35 pm »
Yeah, I think it was kind of a bad move on CLAMP's part to reveal the goal and the result in xxxHOLiC before it happened in Tsubasa. It's like we already know what happens so it removes the suspense and all the potential theorizing about what the egg's purpose is for, etc etc.

Exactly.

Since 'Holic is on a three week break anyway I think they should have broken up the break a bit more so that more of the Sakura quest had been completed.  Even if they had only waited until after this chapter it would have been better.

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #67 on: October 05 2006, 04:50 pm »
This is from the Chap. 130 thread but felt like responding it here:
That's what the spoiler tags are for :o

I know.   ^___^  I wasn't quite so sure on my findings though so I didn't really want to post anything that might actually end up being false.  Now that the chapter is out, that person's post was really on the dot.  Yaaay...

My thoughts:
Show content
Since I was kind of spoiled on this chapter on the previous day, I knew about the "decision" that they had to make but wasn't too clear on what it was.  Now, I understand 100%.

Translations taken from inari's LJ (changed a little by me).

Kuro: The witch did say that you've been held captive by the one who wears that symbol.

Real!Syao: Yeah.

Page 4.

Real!Syao: But I have no idea in which dimension that was.
Even if I knew, I don't have the magic to cross dimensions, so I couldn't take you there.

I'm sorry.

Kuro: You're not really to blame.

He likely won't return...
That kid.

Page 5.

Real!Syao: ....

Kuro: We have to decide before the princess comes back.
What we're going to do from now on.

Ah, but Kurogane might be wrong on that remark about "the kid".  :/  Hmmmm...

Uwaah.  I think CLAMP brutalized Sakura a bit too much now.  They should give the poor girl some rest.  Getting hit here and there.  And all that blood she's loosing!    >_<  At least, she got the egg!  :D  (Which will give birth to an Angel for the layer..  Wheee!  Haha... Just kidding.)

Looking foward to Chapter 132.  Hopefully, it'll be one step closer to bringing a conclusion to the X world and Mokona's nice round mouth to open up.  ;)

I can even picture this scene. ---

Sakura: I'm back!  *comes in holding egg*
Everyone: Sakura!!  *stares in horror at seeing her all bloody and bruised.
Sakura:  What?  *sees everyone looking at her*  ???   
Random character: Sakura, we need to fix you up right away! 
Random character 2: Yes, please come this way. 
Sakura: But, I'm alright.  *tries to wipe blood off face*  See? 
Random character: Infirmary!   We need a doctor ASAP!  This girl is dying!   Look at her!! 
Sakura:  Eh!?  Aaa.  I'm fine!  I'm fine!!     @___@   

Omake twist.
Sakura: *drops the egg*  Ah. 
*egg cracks* 
*suddenly, the poem from Harry Potter comes out*
Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this:
We've taken what you'll sorely miss....
*everyone goes crazy* 
Yuuko: *is super speechless*  ................................ *stares*  That's it.  The price could not be made.  Good-bye. 
*vanishes*
Mokona:  Yuuko, wait!!!  *cries cries*

Erm.. and that's the end of a bad, or even zany ending....   ^___^  Haha.

« Last Edit: October 05 2006, 05:13 pm by tg »
O.o

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 05 2006, 07:27 pm »
I don't get it. it's all the computer's fault. For not workig for 2 months :(
by me.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #69 on: October 05 2006, 10:03 pm »
Sakura seemsd to be thinking about Syaoran all this while!!!! judging from what she uttered after she got the egg.. hmmx.. she did all these for Syaoran?! awww.. so sweet!!!! and is Syaoran setting off to find her or is he leaving the gang.. n still nothing on Syaoran's past.. and where's clonie!!!! i miss him.. sobbx

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #70 on: October 06 2006, 03:19 am »
so,after reading the four pages of the topic there is already nothing else to say about this chapter,except the fact that we are all going to have a indigestion with all these huge slugs  :tongue:
i hope Sakura isn't going to meet another one when she come back,because two chapters with implausible fight is greatly enough  -_-

i wonder how the new team of  "Sakura/Real Shaolan/Kuogane/Fai" is going to work,since they are all in a depressive state  :(...
they all need to be comforted by each other,but in the same time they can't give warmth and cheers because they are for now so sad and cold  :sad5:
the atmosphere is going to be tense between Kurogane and Fai and distressing between Real Shaolan and Sakura,so we better do a supply of handkerchiefs  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline lynalar

« Reply #71 on: October 06 2006, 04:10 am »

I can even picture this scene. ---

Sakura: I'm back!  *comes in holding egg*
Everyone: Sakura!!  *stares in horror at seeing her all bloody and bruised.
Sakura:  What?  *sees everyone looking at her*  ???   
Random character: Sakura, we need to fix you up right away! 
Random character 2: Yes, please come this way. 
Sakura: But, I'm alright.  *tries to wipe blood off face*  See? 
Random character: Infirmary!   We need a doctor ASAP!  This girl is dying!   Look at her!! 
Sakura:  Eh!?  Aaa.  I'm fine!  I'm fine!!     @___@   

OMG...too funny!

Offline kixie

• Big Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 06 2006, 04:24 am »
I'm really looking forward to a Real!SyaoranSakura scene, after all this angst those two would be able to cheer each other up so well! Plus we'd get to know more about Real!Syaoran that way - I think this is my mind thinking, look the KuroFai talk seems to be on hold for a while so this is what you get instead.

I think in the end I just want to know more about Real!Syaoran - because Fai's past seems a while off too!

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #73 on: October 06 2006, 04:37 am »
Eh?
Show content
Am I the only one who was so excited that Sakura was talking about Clow/Clone Syaoran? I felt like it was so obvious now that she loves Clow Syaoran... to the point that she even became something like Kamui. I don't think she'd be this way for the Real Syaoran... and the way she talked about returning that person's heart, as selfish as it may seem... I just know she's talking about Clow Syaoran. So am I the only one who's happy that Sakura's really in love with Clow Syaoran?

Anyway, Sakura's determination didn't bother me at all. In fact, such determination reminded me of Syaoran really, who also got bloodied up a lot. I think the point isn't the fact that Sakura got beaten up, but the focus that's on her. I love it though... because finally we got some revelation on what Sakura's thinking, and what she's willing to go through to get what she truly desires.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #74 on: October 06 2006, 04:41 am »
OMG...too funny!
First I need to clarify that it is in no way meant as bashing Sakura, but tg's scene made me immediately think of the Black Knight from the Monty Python's Holy Grail movie.  :rotfl:

C!Syaoran and Sakura - the time he has been away has unfortunately lessened my feelings towards them as a pair; as they say - what is gone from the eye is gone from the mind as well.
Show content
It is not to say that I was not moved by Sakura's statements of the reason behind her determination but it is hard to care A LOT.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Moro-dashi

• New Fan
  • Hyuu ~ <3
« Reply #75 on: October 06 2006, 05:21 am »
First I need to clarify that it is in no way meant as bashing Sakura, but tg's scene made me immediately think of the Black Knight from the Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. :rotfl:

lmao

"It's only a flesh wound!"

Aw! They like each other! <3

Forum Family
Sightless - Mama!

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #76 on: October 06 2006, 05:32 am »
Clonie/Sakura.  I'm not really sure what I think of that pair anymore.  Really, there's so many ways CLAMP could do it and even though Sakura still loves him (which I had figured out from early chapters) it doesn't necessary mean that they'll end up together.  For example, Sakura could be near death and Clonie snaps back to normal long enough to save her, sacrificing himself in the process or he might pull an Ashura where he stabs himself to prevent kiling the one he loves.

Of course I'm really holding out for Clonie/Syaoran getting together and Sakura hooking up with Tomoyo.

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 06 2006, 06:04 am »
Clonie/Sakura. I'm not really sure what I think of that pair anymore. Really, there's so many ways CLAMP could do it and even though Sakura still loves him (which I had figured out from early chapters) it doesn't necessary mean that they'll end up together. For example, Sakura could be near death and Clonie snaps back to normal long enough to save her, sacrificing himself in the process or he might pull an Ashura where he stabs himself to prevent kiling the one he loves.

Of course I'm really holding out for Clonie/Syaoran getting together and Sakura hooking up with Tomoyo.

lol! Well, when questioned at the latest convention they attended, CLAMP did say that TRC would have a happy ending. But, of course, we all know that CLAMP's idea of 'happy' and the fan's idea of 'happy' tends to differ slightly. As Yuko says about Subaru.. "There are many definitions of happiness I'm afraid..."
And happy for who exactly? Sooo many questions and even when CLAMP reply, they don't actually answer. They should be Politicians.

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #78 on: October 06 2006, 01:12 pm »
When CLAMP said it ends happily, that scared me a little.  Who knows what they think is happy, lol.

Offline Aethelthryth

« Reply #79 on: October 06 2006, 05:03 pm »
Here's what I think about this chapter:

Show content
Sakura's really determined...it kinds of reminds me of C!Syao, "I have to get it back, no matter what" and he didn't really care about his own body when he was collecting the feathers.

Also, I was thinking, could Sakura ask Yuuko to return C!Syao's memory/heart? Afterall, Yuuko's supposed to be able to grant any wish...If Sakura really does that, what would the price be? Losing her relationship with C!Syao? That's gonna turn the table around...

By the way, I like that Sakura's actually doing something...Although it seems a bit exaggerated, I hope she'll continue to get the active role. It would be great if she shows some magic trick too.