AuthorTopic: chapter 132  (Read 73116 times)

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: chapter 132
« Reply #160 on: October 22 2006, 06:45 am »
Fai being a captive was something we were expecting since he often acts like a child who has never seen the outside world,always dreaming of freedom and tormented by a unyielding loneliness  :sweatdrop:

but it can means two things:
either Ashura kidnapped Fai and confined him in order to use his power for himself,or else Fai was already held captive by someone else and Ashura saved him from his headsman...but in compensation Fai was forced to be his slave,so since the outcome was the same Fai decided to "betray" his devil saviour by sealing him to be able to flee  :okay:

so we can suppose that if Fai seems so guilty about his past,it may be because he feels ashamed of having hurt the one who has released him,even if he was also planning to take advantage of his magic  :wink:

hum,it's really frustrating to know that after 17 volumes we are still doing suppositions about Fai's past,without any certitude  :(

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #161 on: October 22 2006, 08:09 am »
The usage on the TC boards was that Fay was an "instrument of imprisonment". They're speculating Ashura-ou, but could it possibly be real!Syaoran that he was instrumental in imprisoning? That'd be a funny little wrinkle, wouldn't it?
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #162 on: October 22 2006, 08:38 am »
Hmm, but does that mean Kurogane's true strength is just.... believing in Sakura? I don't know, I thought true strength was the strength to fight for the people you loved, like Kurogane's father was basically telling Kurogane? And considering the 125 tagline on the splash page, where it said Kurogane was beginning to realize why he fought, I thought that he was beginning to realize that he WANTS to protect his little family. I dunno. It's rather confusing, lol.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 22 2006, 11:23 am »
I've always wondered if Fai had something to do with tearing a rift through to Kurogane's world, enabling Kurogane's mother to be killed. We still don't know why FW needed her dead yet do we? And FW will undoubtedly have connections to Fai's past, like he has done with Syaoran and Kurogane.

Perhaps FW had close connections to Ashura and perhaps he had something to do with Fai's enprisonment also. I can see FW tricking Ashura into something...

I'm getting the feeling that whatever happened in Fai's home world, it's bigger than being a conflict confined just to Celes...

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #164 on: October 22 2006, 12:04 pm »
Show content
Oh, nice. 133 sounds like it will being information heavy, always a good thing! So Fai was either captive or "an instrument of imprisonment" and this is related to FWR  (and possibly Ashura-ou)? It would be an interesting twist if he had had direct contact with FWR, or if he were related to Kurogane's mother's death. On the other hand, maybe FWR was part of the reason why Fai had to seal Ashura-ou - maybe manipulating Ashura-ou? Manipulating Fai?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #165 on: October 22 2006, 12:23 pm »
Ooooh dear, if Fai WAS responsible in part for Kuro's mother's death, things would just be *too* messed up.  Their relationship is already pretty screwed up right now, haha.

So, hmmm. What we know of Fai is that he sealed Ashura because it was "all he could do", he thinks Ashura will persue him when he wakes up, that Ashura "took him with him" somewhere, and possibly that Fai was a captive or "instrument of imprisonment".

Ah, yes. And there's the speech Fai had in the Clover bar. The scans I have translate it as him saying "I've been waiting... for someone who can stay by my side" (not sure who to credit for that one) whereas Del Rey translated it as "I was a guy who always waited for the one who would take me along".

Siiiiiigh. My brain is fried trying to figure this one out.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #166 on: October 22 2006, 12:29 pm »
Speculation on Fai's past is like having five pieces of a one hundred piece puzzle and trying to fit them together. I may just give in and accept that I have no idea until CLAMP finally explains. It sounds like we might get another piece soon, though (and so closely following the last one! Perhaps this points to explanations this year?)
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #167 on: October 22 2006, 12:35 pm »
I think back to last year when I bought the third Del Rey book, before I knew of the existance of scans, and saw Ashura being mentioned during the acid fight. I remember thinking, "oh, I guess his past will be revealed soon!" >_>;;;;;;;

Hopefully the points so soon after another does actually mean Fai's past will be revealed soon. I mean, it's about flipping time.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 22 2006, 01:36 pm »
Aw, so no one else is going for the Syaoran idea. Sadness.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 22 2006, 08:37 pm »
Aw, so no one else is going for the Syaoran idea. Sadness.

I guess we're all just hoping that it's Fai. We already know that Syaoran was held captive, so that's nothing new. If it's Fai however, it means we'll finally have some definate information about his past, which we're all pretty desperate for. ^^

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #170 on: October 22 2006, 09:30 pm »
I guess we're all just hoping that it's Fai. We already know that Syaoran was held captive, so that's nothing new. If it's Fai however, it means we'll finally have some definate information about his past, which we're all pretty desperate for. ^^

it's better be the case or else i will start thinking that CLAMP has really NOTHING to say about Fai and that in fact he is just a happy cheerful mage travelling across dimensions just for fun  :dodge:...

or maybe that Fai is just a mythomaniac like Cloud in Final fantasy 7 and that he has created all his past just to look cool  :haha:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #171 on: October 22 2006, 10:43 pm »
it's better be the case or else i will start thinking that CLAMP has really NOTHING to say about Fai and that in fact he is just a happy cheerful mage travelling across dimensions just for fun  :dodge:...

or maybe that Fai is just a mythomaniac like Cloud in Final fantasy 7 and that he has created all his past just to look cool  :haha:

LOL! That WOULD be a twist in the story! :rotfl:
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 23 2006, 01:35 am »
No no no, what I meant was that it might be Syaoran that Fay helped seal, not Ashura-ou, especially since they've heavily mentioned FWR. Meaning HE COULD BE A SEMI-TRAITOR OH NOES!

ETA: Ah, never mind. The other thread's changed the wording of it, so my theory is null.
« Last Edit: October 23 2006, 01:45 am by Spoonful »

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #173 on: October 23 2006, 02:02 am »
Trying to figure out Fai's past is really hard, hope it will be revealed pretty soon!

I think back to last year when I bought the third Del Rey book, before I knew of the existance of scans, and saw Ashura being mentioned during the acid fight. I remember thinking, "oh, I guess his past will be revealed soon!" >_>;;;;;;;

When I read that I thought it woundn't take this long either. But it seems like clamp want him to be a mysterious character a little while longer...
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #174 on: October 23 2006, 02:32 am »
I think Fai's past is related to the ending of the series, so maybe it will take a while more to know what's going on with him

CLAMP will probably focus more on what's going to happen with R!Syaoran, Sakura and what are they going to do next. I'm sure there will be more Fai and Kuro conversations, but they'll be interrupted all the time(it's CLAMP's way)

Offline Sabbe-chan

• cRAzY fan
  • "L, do you know?..."
« Reply #175 on: October 23 2006, 02:47 am »
CLAMP will probably focus more on what's going to happen with R!Syaoran, Sakura and what are they going to do next. I'm sure there will be more Fai and Kuro conversations, but they'll be interrupted all the time(it's CLAMP's way)
Yeah, or they'll focus more on Fai and Kuro just to make everyone wait for the answers about C and R Syaoran and Sakura until we're about to die from lack of knowledge. :tongue3:
Can't help being a hopeless manga/anime lover....

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 23 2006, 05:29 am »
Fay being the one to kill Kuro-hahaue would make me so happy.

What?  It would be an extremly cool twist to the story and force them to confront each other and their feelings!  Fay is currently angry at Kuro and this would make Kuro angry at Fay.  Before you know it they would be shagging each other senseless against a wall (heh heh).

Fay being forced to kill Kuro-hahaue by Fei Wong Reed would be such a CLAMP thing to do.  I'm not sure how they would work through it, but it would be wonderful to see the angst it brings.

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #177 on: October 23 2006, 06:11 am »
I think it was Fei wang reed who killed Kuro's mother not anyone else especially not Fai.

Does this look like Fai's hand to you?
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline kuromori

« Reply #178 on: October 23 2006, 06:29 am »
I think it was Fei wang reed who killed Kuro's mother not anyone else especially not Fai.

Does this look like Fai's hand to you?

Agreed... Fay's hand is far more delicate... and while he has alot of power and a really good fighter.. I don't think he's strong enough to lift a sword  that huge with one hand, AND stab it through some one...  Fay like most wizards are very lacking in the department of physical strength.. and tend to be weak, with very low consitutions.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #179 on: October 23 2006, 06:34 am »
Yep that's definetly not Fai's hand.
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^