AuthorTopic: chapter 132  (Read 73114 times)

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
Re: chapter 132
« Reply #180 on: October 23 2006, 06:43 am »
Agreed... Fay's hand is far more delicate... and while he has alot of power and a really good fighter.. I don't think he's strong enough to lift a sword that huge with one hand, AND stab it through some one... Fay like most wizards are very lacking in the department of physical strength.. and tend to be weak, with very low consitutions.

Well, according to Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons. It really depends on CLAMP, JRR Tolkiens Wizard wasn't weak nor did he have a low constitution.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline mellie

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #181 on: October 23 2006, 06:52 am »
Well, according to Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons. It really depends on CLAMP, JRR Tolkiens Wizard wasn't weak nor did he have a low constitution.
Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't think of a single instance when CLAMP has given one of their primary magic users a heavy melee weapon. Swords, even one handed swords, are very heavy. I don't know if you've ever tried to hold one, but it's nearly impossible to carry a sword of that girth with one hand.
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline kuromori

« Reply #182 on: October 23 2006, 06:53 am »

That is true to some degree, but when you look at Fay... he fits the sterotypical foundation of a classic RPG wizard. Wisdom, intelligance, and Charsima are the main things for them, and Fay carries them in abudance. However, he's shown a few times in the manga that when it comes to phsyical strength and stamina he's not  up for that. He has Kurogane do anything that requires any real labor, and he's content to sit back and be the mastermind.

Also like a true wizard, Fay manages to maintain distance in combat. There are a few times he has a staff, but otherwise he dodges or uses long range weapons... not wanting to get into close... (at least not trained that way... Fay's lack for caring about life might hinder that a bit) And of course this is all just my POV on his character.

Edit: I also believe that if Fay were to be one to kill Kurogane's mother...  that would seirously be the end of their relationship... it's too cruel!! Fay would never forgive himself for something like that, and poor guy as enough issues... killing his friend/lover/companion's mother.... would just... yeah.. be too much.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 23 2006, 07:08 am »
I'm fairly certain it was FWR that killed her.  After Syaoran tells Kurogane about the symbol on the sword it goes to FWR where he says that no matter how much blood is spilt that he wants his dream is fulfilled, and it shows his sword.  From chapter 100:

Also the way that the sword cut appeared when Kurogane's mother was killed was the same way that Kyle and C!Syaoran traveled dimensions using FWR's power, it's kinda like a slit in space.  Besides, didn't Fay say that he could only change dimensions once with all his power?

Offline mellie

• New Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 23 2006, 07:14 am »
I'm fairly certain it was FWR that killed her. After Syaoran tells Kurogane about the symbol on the sword it goes to FWR where he says that no matter how much blood is spilt that he wants his dream is fulfilled, and it shows his sword. From chapter 100:

Plus it's his sleeve. :D
I made my little avatar (and kuromori's too). Please don't steal them. I'd be sad.

Offline amyanimefan

« Reply #185 on: October 23 2006, 07:16 am »
but it doesn' tmean that fay didn't play a role in it :D
* just gessing*

Offline INU

• New Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 23 2006, 07:19 am »
head.... spinning.... *falls over* oh my god, I've GOT to catch up to the news.

CHAPTER 133, WE NEEEEED YOOOOU!!!!!

Seriously, I'm begining to realise that we're all really really eager for every new chapter, but the more we get, the more questions swim up. and it's like by getting what we want we just find new things to want.

it's a drug.

CLAMP have created a drug. By the name of Tsubasa.

(or maybe CLAMP themselves are the drug)

Forum Family
Zharou - Little sis

Offline Toge-chan

• Squuueeee.
« Reply #187 on: October 23 2006, 07:58 am »
Holy crap. The next chappie is going to be pretty good, fro  what I've read here.

Oh, btw, I don't really think that Fai killed Kuro's mom.

FAI'S PAST SHALL BE SAID IN NEXT CHAPPIE.... hopefully. ._.

And, yes. Tsubasa is a drug. XD;;
Avvie made by me. It sucks, I know. xD;

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #188 on: October 23 2006, 08:17 am »
i will not be surprised if CLAMP reveals us that Fai is in fact a traitor working for Fei Wong Reed,after all there are a lot of hints that make him look suspicious  :okay::

1) first he doesn't want anyone to come too close to him because he fears to create deep bonds with people who would be supposed to be his foes (to fulfill his mission he has to be insensible and indifferent  :shifty:)
2) next he always seems to know everything before everyone (the journey of the group is in major part leaded arbitrarily by Fei Wong Reed,so Fai could have secretly each time opened the gate to the next dimension according to his master order with his magic  :dodge:.)
3) then Fai is often telling to himself that he wants to change,like if the affection that he has developped towards the kids makes him realize what is truly important for him  :keke:
4) finally i have found weird that Fai let Clone Shaolan ripped out his eye without reacting,so maybe that since it was part of Fei Wong Reed's plan,he was forced to let himself be  :sweatdrop:

okay,i'm pretty sure that it isn't that at all,but at least it gives some reading to wait for chapter 133  :haha:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #189 on: October 23 2006, 08:41 am »
CLAMP is going to kill me... This is now 20 or so chaptires of straight angst and plot.
The next chaptire's spoiler makes me worry they're trying to rush TRC's ending, or something... :/

And, did I read right? Syaoran has absolutely no significance, other than to be the Real one's eyes? I just can't accept that... ><; Too many volumes of... their lives have happened for it to go to waste, or something...
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #190 on: October 23 2006, 08:41 am »
i will not be surprised if CLAMP reveals us that Fai is in fact a traitor working for Fei Wong Reed,after all there are a lot of hints that make him look suspicious  :okay::

1) first he doesn't want anyone to come too close to him because he fears to create deep bonds with people who would be supposed to be his foes (to fulfill his mission he has to be insensible and indifferent  :shifty:)
2) next he always seems to know everything before everyone (the journey of the group is in major part leaded arbitrarily by Fei Wong Reed,so Fai could have secretly each time opened the gate to the next dimension according to his master order with his magic  :dodge:.)
3) then Fai is often telling to himself that he wants to change,like if the affection that he has developped towards the kids makes him realize what is truly important for him  :keke:
4) finally i have found weird that Fai let Clone Shaolan ripped out his eye without reacting,so maybe that since it was part of Fei Wong Reed's plan,he was forced to let himself be  :sweatdrop:

okay,i'm pretty sure that it isn't that at all,but at least it gives some reading to wait for chapter 133  :haha:

I agree with you on #2, but not #4. He letting C!Syaoran rip off his eye was more related to Syaoran's heart, although i don't remember the details right now(it was explained shortly after he lost his eye). About #3, i think Fai already started to care for them after talking with Yuuko in chapter 130, he seemed to admit that he has gotten close to the group and that they care for him. #1 seems more related to his past rather than being a traitor

All in all, I starting suspecting about Fai when I saw he always knew what was going on, specially in LaCourt(or wharever you spell it). I'm still not 100% sure about him being a traitor or not though...

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #191 on: October 23 2006, 08:42 am »
Point number 4 seems good, maybe that's why he didn't wanted that Kurogane saved him, maybe he felt guilty for letting C/Syaoran get his way and wanted to die. But I would be inshock if they reveal that Fai worked with Fei Wong Reed.

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #192 on: October 23 2006, 08:45 am »
2) next he always seems to know everything before everyone (the journey of the group is in major part leaded arbitrarily by Fei Wong Reed,so Fai could have secretly each time opened the gate to the next dimension according to his master order with his magic :stare: .)

But why would Fai be so distraught about how everything has been going *on? o_O;
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #193 on: October 23 2006, 08:47 am »
CLAMP is going to kill me... This is now 20 or so chaptires of straight angst and plot.
The next chaptire's spoiler makes me worry they're trying to rush TRC's ending, or something... :/

And, did I read right? Syaoran has absolutely no significance, other than to be the Real one's eyes? I just can't accept that... ><; Too many volumes of... their <i>lives</i> have happened for it to go to waste, or something...

I don't think they're really rushing TRC. These recent chapters have been like a plot twist to me, and it usually comes with many key events for the plot. It feels more like we are halfway through the series rather than approaching the ending O.o

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #194 on: October 23 2006, 08:54 am »
Yes, we still don't know where C/Syaoran went to, Fai's past is unkown, how do Sakura and Syaoran end up in that capsule thingy (1st page in Vol.1) and many other things.

Like KratosAurion said this is the part where the plot twist is involed in the series. :keke:

Embrace and kiss me

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 23 2006, 10:48 am »
All in all, I starting suspecting about Fai when I saw he always knew what was going on, specially in LaCourt(or wharever you spell it). I'm still not 100% sure about him being a traitor or not though...

Considering how opposed Yuko is to Fei Wong Reed I'm sure she wouldn't have let Fai continue along with the group if he was a traitor. From that little conversation the two of them had it seems that Yuko already knows all about Fai's past.

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #196 on: October 23 2006, 10:58 am »
Maybe he onced worked whit Reed but turned into the good side.

Embrace and kiss me

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 23 2006, 11:06 am »
Maybe he onced worked whit Reed but turned into the good side.

Perhaps. It's almost certain that Fei Wong has had influence in Fai's past. CLAMP likes symetry. :)
I wonder if Fei Wong had contact with Ashura. Maybe Fei Wong will be the one to awaken Ashura from Fai's spell...

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #198 on: October 23 2006, 11:07 am »
真小狼の視線には彼が気にかけている人物が。そう、侑子の背後で眠る四月一日である。
真小狼が、百目鬼が、ひまわりが、支払った対価と彼を思う心が彼を消さずにいる。
Glancing at this line quick, the 'real Syaoran line', I'd say it says that real Syaoran gets a worried glance in his eyes seeing Watanuki sleeping behind Yuuko, and thinks about how he (real Syaoran), Doumeki, and Himawari paid a price so that he wouldn't disappear. (as we've already learned in xxxHOLiC, apparently)

EDIT:
もちろん黒鋼が飛王の意思に加担する気なぞないことは知代姫も信じている
And this looks like more like, "Naturally, Tomoyo-hime trusted Kurogane not to want to[?] take part in Fei Wang's plans". Or something. Not Kurogane trusting in Sakura.

But I'm too lazy to look it over for real and figure everything out... I'll wait for the chapter to come out for that. These spoilers can't always be trusted, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 23 2006, 11:36 am by Pikari »

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 23 2006, 11:11 am »
Glancing at this line quick, the 'real Syaoran line', I'd say it says that real Syaoran gets a worried glance in his eyes seeing Watanuki sleeping behind Yuuko, and thinks about how he (real Syaoran), Doumeki, and Himawari paid a price so that he wouldn't disappear. (as we've already learned in xxxHOLiC, apparently)

Ooooh. I'm really curious as to Watanuki's role in furture TRC events now!