AuthorTopic: Chapter 133  (Read 64183 times)

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
Re: Chapter 133
« Reply #220 on: November 05 2006, 05:44 pm »
Here's a fun game, can you find Fai's language?

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/alphabets.htm

http://www.subliminaldragon.com/Luminaries/Alphabets_used_in_Magick.htm

Kurogane's is that of Japanese and Chinese mix,

Character Map on Windows XP will help you find some his language, to bad I can't understand it.....
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #221 on: November 05 2006, 06:45 pm »
I finally (laziness) went to check the second volume and the symbols of Fai's language - it IS Russian Cyrillic (that does not mean a thing, there is only one vowel used three times) mixed with universal symbols of #@!$and so on. I've learnt Russian for 9 years at school and even if I have forgotten a lot due to lack of use, I can tell the only symbols of a definite language Fai speaks are the Cyrillic ones.
"My only princess" would be in Russian something like "maja odna printsessa" or "odna printsessa maja" if written with latin letters.
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #222 on: November 05 2006, 10:14 pm »
"My only princess" would be in Russian something like "maja odna printsessa" or "odna printsessa maja" if written with latin letters.

French people have got a very fine education, so that's why Fai is able to speak differents languages from all over the world...(what a addled theory,i' m saying nonsenses just to prove that i'm right  :haha:)
anyway i have changed my personnal text above my avatar,now i'm a true supporter of Fai being French...and i sure i'm the only one to believe that but it doesn't matter,i won't give up  :wink:!

so back to the topic,it seems that new kind of relationships arestarting to deploy between Kurogane,Fai,sakura,and Shaolan ... :
at the beginning there were mostly the couples Kurogane/Fai and Shaolan/Sakura,but since the past events this balance has been turned upside down  :surprised::

Kurogane and Shaolan are now two loners,because Fai has rejected Kurogane and Sakura only thinks about her missing Clone Shaolan.Kurogane will certainly keep his distance for while,not knowing how to deal with his feelings,and in order to forget his pain he seems to have decided to only concentrate his mind on the true reason why he is here,which is his wish to kill Fei Wong Reed and return to Nihon  :(.
About the real Shaolan he hasunderstood that he will never replace Clone Shaolan in sakura's heart,so as Kurogane he has made vacuous around him and is trying to only focalise his attention only on his future  :sad5:.

Fai and sakura are the two who has been betrayed since Kurogane has forced Fai to live and that Clone Shaolan has left Sakura behind,and they seem to be the two only one to be able to understand each other and so to comfort each other  :sweatdrop:.

so i think that for a while Kurogane and Real Shaolan are going to be separated mentally from Fai and Sakura  :okay:
« Last Edit: November 05 2006, 10:27 pm by Tatasenko »

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #223 on: November 05 2006, 10:19 pm »
^ i just hope that doesnt spawn more yaoi kuro-syao fics >_<
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #224 on: November 05 2006, 11:17 pm »
Off-topic, but thanks a whole bunch for those links, Smile_For_Me! *linguist nerd*
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #225 on: November 05 2006, 11:31 pm »
Sweet, I've always wanted to visit France's floating castles and the vast French tundra.

All sarcasm aside. I really don't think he is French. Or anything on this Earth. He is from Celes.

Offline INU

• New Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 06 2006, 01:19 am »
I agree with the fact that he's simply from Celes.

^_______^'' I'm nativly russian, and I can speak it fluently, and from the time when we did get some random characters of his language, I can tell you that while they do match the Russian ones, the words he said made no sence in russian. (I know it cuz I remember being confused at the time as well)

So maybe he's some odd mix. I personally like the idea of him simply being the complete yin to kurogane's yang. There's nothing much more to it. And besides, wizards are supposed to be well educated, correct? Everyone knows how fun it it to stick different-language phrases into english for no reason whatsoever.

Mommy and daughter are just having a heart-to-heart moment. Sakura's incredible ability to heal people's hearts is needed for Fai right now. He's confused, because he has jsut been jerked away from his original plans of dying. So maybe he's scared because he's rejecting the growing warmth towards Kurogane? Didn't he say he got too close in the earlier chapter?

Forum Family
Zharou - Little sis

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 06 2006, 02:07 am »
I too am in the camp of "simply from Celes", in a way I would be even disappointed if it was otherwise since I like the disattachment to our world.
As to why the Cyrillic characters were used, my reasoning would be that even if he is not of this world, to represent his language still you'd use characters familiar to the readers that are; let's admit that Russian letters are cool-looking while also foreign-looking enough to most readers to be accepted for someone from a world away, while they are also used in a place (or better put in Russia's case part of a place) that has climate similar to Celes. And that's all the connection there is.
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline CLAMP-yuuko

« Reply #228 on: November 06 2006, 04:09 am »
don't forget that Fai is after all a manga character,his physical features has nothing to do with his origins,it is only his way of life and personnality that matter :okay:!
for instance in CCS Sakura has got brown hair and green eyes which is not very common for japanese,but her school life is typically nippon.but Shaolan has got more physical similarities with japan people while he is in fact chinese and his difference is displayed by the fact that he is very awkward about japan cultures,so it means that CLAMP don't consider the appearance but rather the behaviour :keke:!

so even if Fai doesn't look like french he really acts like a french (and personnally i can tell that blond hair and blue eyes are very standard in my country :surprised:)

... i don't know why but i feel like if some members are going to strike me down because they want Fai to share a bond with their country :sweatdrop:

I always thought that Fay was norwegian;) And blue eyes and blond hair is very common here, and it's so cold too! Ah I guess I just want Fay to have something to do with my country. I think all of us those. But still... I am still voting for the scandinavia norwegian origin:D Maybe the spoiler's are diffrent from the actual chapitre drawings.

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 06 2006, 04:35 am »
I bring you: the ultimate reason why Fai can't be from any of your countries - his language. Looking at Fai's delicate, etheral appearance, his fine clothing and the symbols of his magic, his mother tongue just have to be the most melodious one ever, with lots and lots of crisp vowels flowing like honey from the speaker's lips - in short, perfect for singing - don't you think? And while the Scandiniavian languages sure are melodious, they aren't smooth enough, whereas Russian is too harsh, and French varies between being too nasal and too throathy for Fai.

Bwahahahaha. Try to argue against that.
Signifying nothing.

Offline CLAMP-yuuko

« Reply #230 on: November 06 2006, 04:42 am »
That is a good argument indeed. I kind of agree. Fay's language must be the most beautiful of all. And scandinaian language is nothing near the most beautiful:D

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 06 2006, 04:58 am »
I agree with my dear brother, he's totally right :wink:

But, you know - I have synesthesia and I once started inventing new words which match the meaning as well. For example, my word for blue is made entirely of blue (okay, okay, the i is white... but it matches as well) letters and in my opinion, it sounds like something that could be from Fai's language. Blue is "fluil". Violet is also matching, as it's "yl".

Btw, can someone Japanese-speaking tell me what "suki dayo" means? I've seen it translated as "I love you" and "I like you", so what's right? Is it more of a romantic thing to say?
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 06 2006, 05:19 am »
I agree with my dear brother, he's totally right :wink:

Thank you. :) Where have you been hiding lately? I haven't seen you around.

But, you know - I have synesthesia and I once started inventing new words which match the meaning as well. For example, my word for blue is made entirely of blue (okay, okay, the i is white... but it matches as well) letters and in my opinion, it sounds like something that could be from Fai's language. Blue is "fluil". Violet is also matching, as it's "yl".

So L can be both blue and violet, then? I, too, think that different letters can be differently coloured depending on the coulours of the letters surrounding them... but for me, i and L are yellow when standing separately. Your words do give a feeling of their respective colour, though, especially "fluil".

Btw, can someone Japanese-speaking tell me what "suki dayo" means? I've seen it translated as "I love you" and "I like you", so what's right? Is it more of a romantic thing to say?

"Suki" literary means "to like", but it can be translated to "love" and is sometimes used in a romantic sense as well. When Shaoran (the CCS one must be spelled with a h, according to my brain) finally confesses his feeling for Sakura, he tells her Ore wa omae suki da yo!, obviously with the meaning "I love/I'm in love with you".

For yet another example, "daisuki" is a verb that can be translated as "to like very much". Tomoyo tells Sakura at one point "Watashi mo Sakura-chan daisuki desu wa" (I too like Sakura-chan a lot"), to which Sakura, oblivious as always, replies "Watashi mo!" (Me too!"). Tomoyo says that the two of them are talking about different kinds of "like/love". So everything depends on context. You understand?
Signifying nothing.

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 06 2006, 05:21 am »
I bring you: the ultimate reason why Fai can't be from any of your countries - his language. Looking at Fai's delicate, etheral appearance, his fine clothing and the symbols of his magic, his mother tongue just have to be the most melodious one ever, with lots and lots of crisp vowels flowing like honey from the speaker's lips - in short, perfect for singing - don't you think? And while the Scandiniavian languages sure are melodious, they aren't smooth enough, whereas Russian is too harsh, and French varies between being too nasal and too throathy for Fai.

Bwahahahaha. Try to argue against that.
I agree (even if I have never understood why languages with lots of vowels are considered beautiful, coming from a country with such a language, I do not consider it exceptionally lovely myself), the closest in sound I can imagine is Tolkien's Quenya (which was inspired by Finnish that is very very similar to my own, Estonian ;)) but even more melodious.
Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrinen,
           Yéni únótimë ve rámar aldaron!
           Yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier
           mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva
           Andúnë pella, Vardo tellumar
           nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
           Ã³maryo airetári-lírinen.
~JRRT, FOTR
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

Or do they?! ;)

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #234 on: November 06 2006, 06:59 am »
of course Fai's voice is melodious,after all he is an amazing singer  :haha:!

but i think that you have a little misunderstood me,i was not talking about Fai's nationalty but Fai's affinity!
evidently he isn't born in France and hasn't took a plane to go to Japan to meet Shaolan Sakura and Kurogane,CLAMP's world is timeless and immaterial!
Fai comes from Celes,a country which has his own customs,rules,and civilisation,but netherveless CLAMP's brainwaves are naturally always based on reality if they want to create credibles characters!
Kurogane has definitely been created as from japanese features and personnality,and Fai clearly seems to share similarities with europeans,so he has been elaborated according to a anthology of all the countries that compose this continent  :okay:!

but to my point of view Fai really has got french attitude because of his name,his flavours,his way of thinking,his conception of life,and his poetic way of speaking!
he is like a PRINCE  :haha:!
Fai is not french but he ACTS like a french so for me it means that he is in some way french!
(sorry i'm too stubborn to change entirely my mind  :sweatdrop:)

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #235 on: November 06 2006, 07:34 am »
I think Fai is Celesian. Pure and simple. Yes, if you were to base him in a real world situation, he would be Western, or European I believe, but the point is the worlds in Tsubasa are not real worlds.

In all honesty, this is getting stupid. O_o Fai is not French, he is not German, nor Scandiavian, Norweigan, Dutch, Estonian, British (he doesn't have a monocle like all us Brits do. *BRICKED*) nor is he American. You can't even use Syaoran and Sakura as examples of real world things, as I am 90% sure Japanese cities and towns are not surrounded by desert.

And unless someone can prove to me that France is never ending tundra with a floating castle (with shiny wing things 8D), I will never believe Fai is French. ._.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 06 2006, 07:52 am »
Thank you. :) Where have you been hiding lately? I haven't seen you around.

So L can be both blue and violet, then? I, too, think that different letters can be differently coloured depending on the coulours of the letters surrounding them... but for me, i and L are yellow when standing separately. Your words do give a feeling of their respective colour, though, especially "fluil".

"Suki" literary means "to like", but it can be translated to "love" and is sometimes used in a romantic sense as well. When Shaoran (the CCS one must be spelled with a h, according to my brain) finally confesses his feeling for Sakura, he tells her Ore wa omae suki da yo!, obviously with the meaning "I love/I'm in love with you".

For yet another example, "daisuki" is a verb that can be translated as "to like very much". Tomoyo tells Sakura at one point "Watashi mo Sakura-chan daisuki desu wa" (I too like Sakura-chan a lot"), to which Sakura, oblivious as always, replies "Watashi mo!" (Me too!"). Tomoyo says that the two of them are talking about different kinds of "like/love". So everything depends on context. You understand?

I'm sorry, I haven't really been in the mood to discuss about TRC lately... My grandmother died and everything's been a little messy. (The funeral is on Tuesday.) So I hope everything will settle soon and I'll post more often again :)

L actually isn't violet, it's blue as well. But y influences it quite a lot so it doesn't really change the word's colour :wink:

Weeh, thanks for explaining! You know, there's this anime, Wolf's Rain, and Tsume and Toboe are just so... couple-ish >/////<! When Toboe said "Suki dayo" to Tsume, I of course wanted it mean "I love you" XD~
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #237 on: November 06 2006, 08:38 am »
Kjesta, sorry about your grand ma

I think Fai is Celesian. Pure and simple. Yes, if you were to base him in a real world situation, he would be Western, or European I believe, but the point is the worlds in Tsubasa are not real worlds.

In all honesty, this is getting stupid. O_o Fai is not French, he is not German, nor Scandiavian, Norweigan, Dutch, Estonian, British (he doesn't have a monocle like all us Brits do. *BRICKED*) nor is he American. You can't even use Syaoran and Sakura as examples of real world things, as I am 90% sure Japanese cities and towns are not surrounded by desert.

And unless someone can prove to me that France is never ending tundra with a floating castle (with shiny wing things 8D), I will never believe Fai is French. ._.

Fai is Celesain, nothing else , and since when did we get to what race Fai is? Over the french words he said? Ohh and about the all Brits have Monocles, not true, have you seen Weiss Kruez Gluhen, the American has one, haha, I love joking around....
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #238 on: November 06 2006, 08:43 am »
Ohh and about the all Brits have Monocles, not true, have you seen Weiss Kruez Gluhen, the American has one, haha, I love joking around....

*LOUD FAKE GASP* LIES. Only the British are pemitted to wear monocles!! How dare THEY?! *FAINT*

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #239 on: November 06 2006, 08:51 am »
Speaking of monocles, dosn't Fei Wang Reed have one, or dose he have any other wardrob for that matter, he must smell by now.....

Who else has monocles?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME