AuthorTopic: Chapter 134  (Read 44118 times)

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
Re: Chapter 134
« Reply #140 on: November 12 2006, 01:20 pm »
Yuuko does indeed mention how he's become important to the group but after their conversation, in which Fay explicitly states that he cannot forgive Kurogane for if he does he'd risk getting closer to him. Visual proof:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/keepthescore/pwned1.jpg

(The forum resizes the images, grr.)

Notice the numerous "him", I don't see any "theys", which would mean he's talking about the group as a whole.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/keepthescore/pwned2.jpg

The famous line.. yeah, I don't see how he's using that line to refer to the entire group. He's still pretty much talking about Kurogane exclusively, is not until the next pannel that Yuuko brings up the group.

But, I guess we'll see in the upcoming chapters, if he indeed treats Kurogane as he use to do before the entire ordeal happened next chapter. Like he's treating Sakura and Mokona. Even if he's been shown acting cold towards Kurogane while normally to Sakura and Mokona, but that doesn't mean a thing. At all.

My point was never about who is Fai talking about. What i'm trying to get to is that in the end he seems to admit that he got involved with the group(Kuro involved), and that probably means that he won't treat him coldly again. Why do I think he changed? Cause of his reaction to Sakura, highly unlikely about him till this point in the series

So, maybe he's avoiding Kurogane at this moment, but everyone does that after having a discussion(which almost becomes a fight) with someone else. I think next time we'll see them interacting is when he has to drink Kuro's blood, where things might get a bit problematic, but maybe that actitude against Kuro will dissapear

Still, i'm just expeculating. I don't know what will happen, maybe he really is avoiding Kurogane, but I don't see it that marked in the manga

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #141 on: November 12 2006, 01:25 pm »
Yuuko does indeed mention how he's become important to the group but after their conversation, in which Fay explicitly states that he cannot forgive Kurogane for if he does he'd risk getting closer to him. Visual proof:

Notice the numerous "him", I don't see any "theys", which would mean he's talking about the group as a whole.

The famous line.. yeah, I don't see how he's using that line to refer to the entire group. He's still pretty much talking about Kurogane exclusively, is not until the next pannel that Yuuko brings up the group.

But, I guess we'll see in the upcoming chapters, if he indeed treats Kurogane as he use to do before the entire ordeal happened next chapter. Like he's treating Sakura and Mokona. Even if he's been shown acting cold towards Kurogane while normally to Sakura and Mokona, but that doesn't mean a thing. At all.

This whole post is made of so much LOL WIN that I had to cookie it.

And while Fai does acknowledge that he has gotten close to the group, he specifically singled out Kurogane as a particularly special case in terms of that closeness, which is why he flat out says he will never forgive him, because they'll be even closer if he does.

As for Fai avoiding and ignoring Kurogane to push him away... I don't know how much clearer CLAMP could have drawn all the tension in the air around Fai when Kurogane was speaking. Everyone else was looking at Kurogane when he spoke, but Fai never even turned around. The tension in the air between the two is so thick you could slice it with melted butter, and CLAMP is making it so obvious. You don't even have to think of them in a romantic way to see how far Fai is pushing Kurogane away and as a result how awkward everything has been.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #142 on: November 12 2006, 01:41 pm »

XDDD

Both this post and your icon wins so much.

Here, have a cookie.

I honestly think that Fai's not gonna be like "whoops, nevermind about that whole Kurogane thing, Kuro-puu, my bad!" because he's being all mushy with Sakura. Someone mentioned somewhere else that it's possible that by acting like Sakura's servant or protector by kissing her hand and being all "my princess" and stuff, Fai might be actually pushing her away too by making their relationship into more of a princess/dedicated servant thing.

I'm... actually not sure what to make of that, because obviously his concern for her is quite genuine, but... just throwing it out there.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #143 on: November 12 2006, 03:27 pm »
And while Fai does acknowledge that he has gotten close to the group, he specifically singled out Kurogane as a particularly special case in terms of that closeness, which is why he flat out says he will never forgive him, because they'll be even closer if he does.

As for Fai avoiding and ignoring Kurogane to push him away... I don't know how much clearer CLAMP could have drawn all the tension in the air around Fai when Kurogane was speaking. Everyone else was looking at Kurogane when he spoke, but Fai never even turned around. The tension in the air between the two is so thick you could slice it with melted butter, and CLAMP is making it so obvious. You don't even have to think of them in a romantic way to see how far Fai is pushing Kurogane away and as a result how awkward everything has been.

Of course Kurogane is a special case, we wouldn't have seen that conversation if he hadn't saved Fai's life to begin with. Still, he admits he has gotten involved with the whole group, Kuro in it

And let me point a few things out. Before you start saying i'm making things up and give cookies to some random bashing posts, send me a PM. I'm not stupid and I see you're turning this into some stupid KuroxFai discussion, which isn't the case to begin with. So if you got any problem with me or what i think about this matter, better deal with it personally

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #144 on: November 12 2006, 03:51 pm »
I agree with KratosAurion about people trying to say CLAMP is going to or going not to make KuroFai a couple or not, even though I do suport the pairing, I also Suports CLAMP's true pairings, so if Kurogane gose with Tomoyo, as in CCS I thought it was going to be Tomoyo and Eroil, Clamp pulled a fast one, will be ok with me, But people that like Fai and Chi, thats just wrong, Chi already has some one.

This is a place for people talk about the chapters, and unless CLAMP makes something speical like who knows what, then its official.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #145 on: November 12 2006, 03:54 pm »

may i use those images to help explain why fai wants ti distance from kuro? someone on the MSN group doesnt see why fai acted so cold towards kuro and yet semi-mushy towards sakura.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #146 on: November 12 2006, 04:01 pm »
And let me point a few things out. Before you start saying i'm making things up and give cookies to some random bashing posts, send me a PM. I'm not stupid and I see you're turning this into some stupid KuroxFai discussion, which isn't the case to begin with. So if you got any problem with me or what i think about this matter, better deal with it personally
Please don't accuse and bait members this way. From what I've seen, a polite debate was going on about what happened in the chapter, and I'd like to see it stay that way. If members are going to start taking things personally just because someone doesn't agree with their views, warnings are going to be given out. There's already been enough posts trying to stir up trouble this way by other members of this forum today. And last I checked, members are allowed to give cookies for whatever they happen to feel like.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #147 on: November 12 2006, 04:09 pm »
Thank you Pikari. I wasn't even trying to stir up trouble (and wasn't aware it could be interpreted as a personal attack).

Offline anbu moo

• oh hohoho! fear my unrelenting insanity! >D
« Reply #148 on: November 12 2006, 04:10 pm »
Agrees with KratosAurion and Smile for Me.

though kuroxfay is possible, fay most likely isn't acting with ONLY "i must distance kuro-chan kurogane from me!!!" in his mind. course, this probably isn't what everyone's saying, but still. :D

in that line where he says .. uhm... what does he say.. -goes to check- oh yeah, that he can't forgive HIM, it may be that he cannot forgive kurogane, but to me, it seems as if fay's starting to be aware of his relationship with not only kuro, but also the rest of the group (i mean, i would realize it if my partner ripped out my eye. - -) and so, becomes aware that he's too close to the rest of them too. though, he probably feels the closest to sakura right now, (cause let's not forget the mummy/daughter relationship and whatnot) and that may be why he's doting on sakura. not to mention the fact that she's bleeding to death on his lap. but that has nothing to do with anything cause everyone knows anime/manga characters have around 10x more blood than the average human being. yesyes.

and as to the fayxchii pairing... though it isn't likely, clamp didn't really insinuate that it won't happen.. though they didn't insinuate that it would happen... and knowing clamp.. well, knowing clamp, anything can happen. - - right. i will be silent now.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #149 on: November 12 2006, 05:18 pm »
I'm not stupid and I see you're turning this into some stupid KuroxFai discussion.

Dude, KuroFay is popular, especially here.  Perhaps this just isn't the place for you if you're bothered by all the KuroFay discussions because the fans here are not going to change their opinions and it's unhealthy to be so aggravated all the time.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline touchdown turnarou

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #150 on: November 12 2006, 06:07 pm »
Agrees with KratosAurion and Smile for Me.

though kuroxfay is possible, fay most likely isn't acting with ONLY "i must distance kuro-chan kurogane from me!!!" in his mind. course, this probably isn't what everyone's saying, but still. :D

in that line where he says .. uhm... what does he say.. -goes to check- oh yeah, that he can't forgive HIM, it may be that he cannot forgive kurogane, but to me, it seems as if fay's starting to be aware of his relationship with not only kuro, but also the rest of the group (i mean, i would realize it if my partner ripped out my eye. - -) and so, becomes aware that he's too close to the rest of them too. though, he probably feels the closest to sakura right now, (cause let's not forget the mummy/daughter relationship and whatnot) and that may be why he's doting on sakura. not to mention the fact that she's bleeding to death on his lap. but that has nothing to do with anything cause everyone knows anime/manga characters have around 10x more blood than the average human being. yesyes.

and as to the fayxchii pairing... though it isn't likely, clamp didn't really insinuate that it won't happen.. though they didn't insinuate that it would happen... and knowing clamp.. well, knowing clamp, anything can happen. - - right. i will be silent now.

You said it yourself, to you. The manga, and Fay's statement, contradict your interpretation. He is blatantly speaking of Kurogane. Saying "He" not "They". Had he said "I cannot forgive anyone..", then yes, it could be interpreted in any other way but he did not. But the way he stated it, leaves absolutely no room for interpretation.

Again with Fay distancing himself from everybody not only Kurogane, is he treating Sakura or Mokona differently? Uh, no. Is he treating Kurogane differently? Yes. So, unless I missed a pannel in which Fay addressed Sakura or Mokona coldly, I think it's fair to assume he's only applying that distancing rule to Kurogane.

They didn't say it wouldn't happen, indeed. However, they've made it pretty clear that they do not break up previously established pairings and Chii, whether you like it or not, is already paired canonically with a character. Whether he has appeared or not doesn't matter, the point is that she already has a soulmate and that soulmate is not Fay. Period. But that's an entire different discussion, not sure why it was even brought up.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #151 on: November 12 2006, 06:38 pm »
My, this looks unpleasently familiar. *sighs*

Attempting to go on-topic... *dodges tomatoes*
Sakura's eye is kind of mutilated after the whole egg-retrieval affair, yes? And then the Chaptire 133 splash page showed that eye as slightly off-color, more grey than green. Are we seeing partial blindness in that eye, or something, or is it just me? o.o
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline anbu moo

• oh hohoho! fear my unrelenting insanity! >D
« Reply #152 on: November 12 2006, 07:02 pm »
ah.. sorry.. my mistake. i guess i interpreted something differently.. well, whatever. everyone has their own opinion.

... partial blindless! poor sakura's becoming like syaoran! O_o

well, her eye was bloodshot for sure..

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #153 on: November 12 2006, 07:02 pm »
My, this looks unpleasently familiar. *sighs*

Attempting to go on-topic... *dodges tomatoes*
Sakura's eye is kind of mutilated after the whole egg-retrieval affair, yes? And then the Chaptire 133 splash page showed that eye as slightly off-color, more grey than green. Are we seeing partial blindness in that eye, or something, or is it just me? o.o

Perhaps... but it might just be because it is extremely bloodshot as well. Not saying that it isn't a possiblity, but it could be just because of how red the eye was after she went splat against that wall...

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #154 on: November 12 2006, 07:06 pm »
her eye will probably be swollen for a while. ithe eye itself wasnt damaged, only her head surounding it. alot of blood probably seeped into the eye and caused massive iritation and possible infection. itlle probably be off color for a while, but itle probably eventualy heal.

whichever syaoran takes her back to her home is going to end up feeling the wrath of a protective older brother. sure touya would be glad that his sister has returned with most of her memory, but the amount of damage...touya aint gonna be PERFECTLY happy :hehe:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline touchdown turnarou

« Reply #155 on: November 12 2006, 07:07 pm »
Super Sailor Yue, by the way, you're free to use the scans!

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #156 on: November 12 2006, 07:08 pm »
Super Sailor Yue, by the way, you're free to use the scans!
thanks/ i posted the message and i hope the person understands why fai was so cold.

anou...what happened to my loveley angst avatar that i worked very hard on?
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #157 on: November 12 2006, 07:30 pm »
Translations are put up on my site now.

All the mysteries of Fai's French Norwegian Latin random spouting crap solved! [/blatant lies] It's generic European, I tell you. Japanese people won't know the difference.

*goes to bed*

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #158 on: November 12 2006, 11:01 pm »
oh no,i can't believe it,some members were again arguing because of the pairing of KuoganexFai?
to begin this is not the right topic to talk about it,i think that there are enough thread about Kurogane and Fai to avoid this kind of leeway on the forum  :shifty:!
moreover this is totally pointless to fight for this pairing,no matter what arguments you will debate you will never change people's mind,those who love the KuroFainess will always support them and those who don't believe in this pairing will stay stubborn until the end,so the best thing to do is to let members think what they want,and those who are unable to understand what is the meaning of tolerance should just go to the "game board" topic to calm their nerves  -_-

so back to the topic before some frustrated members toss me tomatoes  :sweatdrop:

Sakura is really in a bad shape,i wonder how long it will take for her to recover fully her health,she is certainly going to be swathed with many bandages everywhere like a mummy .
it's incredible to see that with so much wounds she has still the strenght to stand up while at the beginning of the adventure she couldn't do two steps without falling asleep  :keke:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #159 on: November 12 2006, 11:20 pm »
Aaaah, thank you Pikari! That really cleared a lot of things up. *is convinced CLAMP is just making stuff up as well*