AuthorTopic: Chapter 134  (Read 44255 times)

Offline Gîlwen

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: Chapter 134
« Reply #120 on: November 10 2006, 04:08 pm »
Well at least to me it seems so. Not looking at him.. Only speaking with Sakura.
I mean he also says that he only wants to continue travelling, because Sakura is there. Of course it could be something else, and I also think Fai is a little angry at Kuro because he let Sakura go, but somehow he really doesn't seem to want to talk him.

Offline Mairi

« Reply #121 on: November 10 2006, 04:42 pm »
Normally Fai would talk normally with Kurogane about the situation, but after waking up and establishing that distance ("Kurogane" - full name use stuff blah) the only talking he's done has been to get mad at Kuro for letting Sakura go on her own. He's focusing on other things so that he doesn't have to address the recent blood thing (and the being tied together for life unless he gets the eye back). Normally this seems like a topic worth discussing, right?

Fai's totally avoiding even looking at him.

Offline gene-chan

• Pu~! Fai-san!
« Reply #122 on: November 10 2006, 04:54 pm »
I feel liek a total noob asking this. But is Fai angry at Kurogane for saving him? thats the impression I get it.

I feel like a idot -_-
HYUU~!

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #123 on: November 10 2006, 04:58 pm »
I feel liek a total noob asking this. But is Fai angry at Kurogane for saving him? thats the impression I get it.

I feel like a idot -_-
in a sense, probably. but it might have more so for turning fai into a totaly dependant being, then actualy saving his life. when kuro said that promise "iof you want to die so bad, ILL be the one to kill you, untill then, LIVE" fai gave a small true smile, so its not really the point that kuro forced him to live, but mroe so that fai now has to stay with kuro untill he gets his eye back
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Mairi

« Reply #124 on: November 10 2006, 04:59 pm »
Fai said "I can't forgive him, or else I'll be even closer" so he's being mad technically about Kurogane saving him, although more because he needs to keep that distance to avoid whatever terrible thing happens when he gets close to people. He's too vague! xD

Offline gene-chan

• Pu~! Fai-san!
« Reply #125 on: November 10 2006, 05:02 pm »
Ah! Thought so! Arigatio!
HYUU~!

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #126 on: November 10 2006, 06:03 pm »
Mari, mizunotsubasa, thank you! :)
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline mizunotsubasa

• Good Fan
  • ny icon
« Reply #127 on: November 11 2006, 03:38 am »
Mari, mizunotsubasa, thank you! :)

you welcome.

I don't really think that fai is actually avoiding Kurogane, his mor worried about Sakura and her wounds. But I think sooner or later that Fai would be talking with Kuro. I think Sakura is going to ask fai to talk him kuro. I don't think fai would say no to sakura. I like the relationship that Fai and Sakura have *motherly and daughter type*, because we never get to meet Sakura's mother, so I think it's nice that they have that type of relationship and I think that's what Clamp is trying at.
I don't know if I make any sense.

Offline Aethelthryth

« Reply #128 on: November 11 2006, 03:39 am »
Just a random thought....After reading the chapter, I feel like TRC is still far away from ending...Because FWR & C!Syao hasn't made his appearance yet. If the gang leaves Tokyo next chapter, I really don't think CLAMP will be giving us a chapter full of info anymore, coz the last few chapters already contain a lot of talking. And the readers are expecting more actions. But after reading the new XXXHolic chapter (there are some bits of info in there), I really wouldn't mind some more information about FWR...

Anyway, I'm hoping  the next chapter would be either (a)The gang goes to a new world, or (b)FWR & C!Syao appear, or (c)CLAMP tells us what happenned with Kamui & co.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #129 on: November 11 2006, 04:35 am »
you welcome.

I don't really think that fai is actually avoiding Kurogane, his mor worried about Sakura and her wounds.

yeah,since Sakura has come back from her harsh ordeal totally beat up,Fai has really become overshielding towards her  :surprised:.
i think that one of the reason of this exaggerated attitude is that he is trying to make Kurogane jealous in some way  :keke:...
i mean that Kurogane is the one who has saved Fai,watched over him,and even compromised his own wish for him,since he thought at first that he may never had the opprtunity to return to his world because of his blood bond with Fai  :sweatdrop:.
so the fact that Fai has for now only eyes for Sakura while just after he had totally rejected Kurogane and didn't say any words of compassion about his biting wounds,is another diversion to express his detachment towards him  :sad5:...

now the question is to guess who between the mage and the ninja will be the first one to lose patience...
will it be Fai who has sent out all his affection on Sakura to try to compensate his heartbreak with Kurogane,or Kurogane himself who looks impassive while he is in reality burning inside  :okay:?

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Snow-chan

• Good Fan
  • Sometimes, when you fall, you fly!
« Reply #130 on: November 11 2006, 05:44 am »
My guess would be that Kurogane will cave in first, Fai has shown he can keep utter control over his thoughts and feelings, wearing a mask is what he is best at, and let's be fair - having been imprisoned as a child and evidently for a long time teaches you to be patient (or you would be dead already).
Sing me a song of seas and sun, chant me a spell of ice and fire!
"Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you!
Masquerade!"

~Phantom of the Opera

"No one gets himself blinded as a piece of strategy." ~Sign of the Unicorn, R. Zelazny
Or do they?! ;)

"It's all fun and games till somebody gets an eye put out." ~ A friend's uncle's saying that strangely enough describes every book I have read lately with the expansion of maiming of all other sorts.

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #131 on: November 11 2006, 05:52 am »
I think that after Fai's conversation with Yuuko, he has accepted the fact that he has gotten close to the group, and that his pain is theirs as well. To me, that conversation marked a "transformation" in Fai's actitute. Right after they finished talking and Yuuko told him about Sakura going on her own, he reacted in a completely different way he normally would. Under normal conditions he would wait, maybe say a thing or two, but never getting too involved in the situation, but instead he just went mad trying to look for Sakura and scolded Kuro for letting her go....

To me, that transformation was really noticeable

So what i'm trying to get to is that maybe he WAS mad at Kuro for saving his life, but not anymore. He just got pissed at him for letting Sakura go on her own to find that egg. When the time comes to drink his blood, I think he might hesitate and probably discuss, but in the end he will do it cause he has already accepted the fact that the gang is like a family to him. Is he avoiding Kurogane? I don't think so, he's just taking care about Sakura just now

Offline touchdown turnarou

« Reply #132 on: November 11 2006, 06:03 pm »
I think that after Fai's conversation with Yuuko, he has accepted the fact that he has gotten close to the group, and that his pain is theirs as well. To me, that conversation marked a "transformation" in Fai's actitute. Right after they finished talking and Yuuko told him about Sakura going on her own, he reacted in a completely different way he normally would. Under normal conditions he would wait, maybe say a thing or two, but never getting too involved in the situation, but instead he just went mad trying to look for Sakura and scolded Kuro for letting her go....

To me, that transformation was really noticeable

So what i'm trying to get to is that maybe he WAS mad at Kuro for saving his life, but not anymore. He just got pissed at him for letting Sakura go on her own to find that egg. When the time comes to drink his blood, I think he might hesitate and probably discuss, but in the end he will do it cause he has already accepted the fact that the gang is like a family to him. Is he avoiding Kurogane? I don't think so, he's just taking care about Sakura just now

No,  in his conversation with Yuuko, he was especifically talking about Kurogane and "crossing the line" and "getting too close" to Kurogane, not the rest of the group. And he's definitely not happy about Kurogane going against his wishes and letting him leave, chapter 130 made it pretty clear, when he addressed him coldly by his name instead of the usual nicknames. But oh well, people will never see what they don't want to see.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 12 2006, 08:18 am »
heeelp!!! where can I download scans??? sendspace's link doesn't work!

can you give me link, pleeeez???

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
  • Looking at you through the glass...
« Reply #134 on: November 12 2006, 08:28 am »
Did you try the Room of Requirement yet?

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 12 2006, 08:39 am »
arigato gozaimashita!!!!

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #136 on: November 12 2006, 10:01 am »
i was wondering what was the true nature of Fai's magic...
i mean that i found weird when Fai told to Sakura that he couldn't use healing magic,peharps that actually he has only got the ability to cast a certain kind of spells  :surprised:!

i'm not very skilled in this domain but i know there thare are at least three differents categories of magic :
- Black magic which gathers offensives magic
- White magic which gathers defensives magic
- Red magic which gathers conditions magic

i think that Fai's magic belongs to the first class,Black magic,because until now all his power's demonstration seem to be like attack  :keke: :
the first time was a teleporting invocation and the second time was a ray of thunder that he cast to protect Clone Shaolan's heart.
Moreover i'm sure that he would have done anything to cure Sakura's pain if he would have had the possibilty,so the reason may be because he is more a necromancer than a healer  :okay:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #137 on: November 12 2006, 10:05 am »
well the new scans for fai using his magic, it comes out of his fingers as a thuinnder bolt, but it turns into words as it grows and expands. fai was trying to cast a very powerful sealing spell to try to save syaoran. i wouldnt put it past fai to have offensive magic, but his seems more white, defensive. (IE: the dome he casted back in lecourt)
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #138 on: November 12 2006, 11:26 am »
No,  in his conversation with Yuuko, he was especifically talking about Kurogane and "crossing the line" and "getting too close" to Kurogane, not the rest of the group. And he's definitely not happy about Kurogane going against his wishes and letting him leave, chapter 130 made it pretty clear, when he addressed him coldly by his name instead of the usual nicknames. But oh well, people will never see what they don't want to see.

Yuuko actually referred to the whole group. She also referred to Kurogane for saving Fai's life. Also, when he addressed him by his name was BEFORE the conversation with Yuuko. Maybe he'll keep addressing to him that way, but I think he pretty much accepted that he got involved with the group. So, i'm seeing what's written in the manga, not what i don't want to see :)

Offline touchdown turnarou

« Reply #139 on: November 12 2006, 01:01 pm »
Yuuko actually referred to the whole group. She also referred to Kurogane for saving Fai's life. Also, when he addressed him by his name was BEFORE the conversation with Yuuko. Maybe he'll keep addressing to him that way, but I think he pretty much accepted that he got involved with the group. So, i'm seeing what's written in the manga, not what i don't want to see :)

Yuuko does indeed mention how he's become important to the group but after their conversation, in which Fay explicitly states that he cannot forgive Kurogane for if he does he'd risk getting closer to him. Visual proof:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/keepthescore/pwned1.jpg

(The forum resizes the images, grr.)

Notice the numerous "him", I don't see any "theys", which would mean he's talking about the group as a whole.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/keepthescore/pwned2.jpg

The famous line.. yeah, I don't see how he's using that line to refer to the entire group. He's still pretty much talking about Kurogane exclusively, is not until the next pannel that Yuuko brings up the group.

But, I guess we'll see in the upcoming chapters, if he indeed treats Kurogane as he use to do before the entire ordeal happened next chapter. Like he's treating Sakura and Mokona. Even if he's been shown acting cold towards Kurogane while normally to Sakura and Mokona, but that doesn't mean a thing. At all.