AuthorTopic: The Official Syaoran x Sakura Thread v.02  (Read 42158 times)

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
Re: The Official Syaoran x Sakura Thread v.02
« Reply #60 on: July 29 2007, 12:19 pm »
If R!Syaoran does, in fact, have his own Sakura from whatever the world was that he came from then it makes you wonder.. who is the Syaoran that TRC Sakura is meant to end up with? It wouldn't be the clone as he did not originally come from Clow country.
Nowhere has it been said that Sakura can't end up with someone who wasn't originally from her world. She did spend much of her childhood with C!Syaoran afterall, which can't just be cast aside even though we've discovered he wasn't originally from  that world. It's like saying Syaoran Li couldn't be with Sakura in CCS because he was from Hong Kong. =\ We don't even know if there is a Syaoran who was born in the country of Clow; it could've been hitsuzen that C!Syaoran was to become Syaoran of Clow, even though he did not originate there.
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
  • Looking at you through the glass...
« Reply #61 on: July 29 2007, 12:57 pm »
Consequently, if KuroxFay do end in canon the whole idea of "in world soul mates" is kind of out the window anyways...

Offline redeternity

• "Your Sakura is waiting.."
  • Good Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 29 2007, 09:14 pm »
Nowhere has it been said that Sakura can't end up with someone who wasn't originally from her world.

Ah, ok, yeah, I dunno where I got the idea that soulmates had to be from the same world... Maybe from the anime or something *shudders* I just swear I heard it somewhere o.O
Oh and as for the CCS Sakura and Syaoran thing.. It is not really the same because they do come from the same world.. they just come from different parts of the same world - Japan and Hong Kong. Otherwise Syaoran would have needed to cross dimensions in order to get to Sakura and the clow cards.

Consequently, if KuroxFay do end in canon the whole idea of "in world soul mates" is kind of out the window anyways...

Oh yeah, good point, I never thought about KuroFai! They are pretty close to canon, I'd say.

Damn CLAMP, I really wanna know about Syaoran's past right now! What world he came from, exactly why he got locked up, his relationship with Watanuki.. everything! As much as I love Fai, I really want to know about Syaoran ^^
« Last Edit: July 30 2007, 12:40 am by redeternity »

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 30 2007, 04:55 am »
Damn CLAMP, I really wanna know about Syaoran's past right now! What world he came from, exactly why he got locked up, his relationship with Watanuki.. everything! As much as I love Fai, I really want to know about Syaoran ^^

I second that!  Or at least get him off the ground >.> Poor kid.

But!  I'm excited about the drama that's coming out in like a month!  Maybe R!Syaoran/Syaoran's twin will actually get a name!! =D  Plus, it's probably the only SxS love we're gonna see anytime soon.... Mou, I want the twin to get a girlfriend too~!

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 30 2007, 11:59 pm »
The sad thing is that after this next chapter (which has absolutely no Syaoran!) we have a three week break ;_; And then even after that we will probably still get more Fai/Kuro/Ashura.... oh, unless! ...Unless something unexpected happens like Clone Syaoran turning up to stick some feathers in Sakura's body and it will finally be safe to say that R!Syaoran is the uke because he's lying the ground (yay Syaorancest!) xD *shot*

Yes! Syaoran's twin on the drama CD! I hope we hear a lot about him! I wonder whether he is actually R!Syaoran or CLAMP are just teasing us... They probably wouldn't have spoilers on the drama CD would they?
« Last Edit: July 31 2007, 01:29 am by redeternity »

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #65 on: July 31 2007, 01:56 am »
About lovers from different worlds... There is obviously nothing stopping you from befriending people from different dimensions, so why would there be a difference when it comes to romance? If anything, seeing as CLAMP value "true love" so highly, the love between the characters would probably conquer any such rule. Not that I support reciprocated R!Syaoran/Sakura, but still.
« Last Edit: July 31 2007, 02:52 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 31 2007, 02:21 am »
Syaorancest >D  Lol.  I love how most of us SxS fans support it~ :3

Yea, I checked spoilers.  No Syaoran ;_;  The fake spoiler said there was supposed to be a cover of a naked Sakura with both Syaorans though....lol.  Instead it's of Kyle >.>

...I dunno.  Maybe...something will be revealed in the chapter before the Drama?  Or maybe in xxxHolic?

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 31 2007, 06:46 am »
@ Ando..
Yeah, that's true. As I say I think I must have read the whole "soul mates have to come from the same world" thing from some false source.. Or I just got the idea in my head for some reason.. I actually can't find it written in the manga so, sorry, my mistake ^^

Not that I support reciprocated R!Syaoran/Sakura

I'd say each Syaoran has about a 50/50 chance right now of ending up with Sakura. I know a lot of people still think that the clone will go back to how he was and have a happy ending with Sakura. I myself don't think this is likely to happen so easily - the "our Syaoran" that everyone loves is simply a cloned body with half of R!Syaoran's heart. Sounds kinda harsh but it's true. And I don't see how "our Syaoran" can come back since Syaoran has stated that his heart can never go back to the clone.

Personally (although this is completely my opinion), I believe that R!Syaoran and Sakura should end up together (I say "should" not "will") mainly for the reason that the person Sakura has technically been with all this time (through her childhood and on the journey for feathers) is R!Syaoran since it was his heart inside the clone's body (the clone didn't even have a heart until Syaoran interfered). Therefore it was his heart she fell in love with. The only way that this would not be the case would be if the clone had actually grown a heart of his own and that's the heart Sakura loves. However, I don't believe he does have his own heart right now considering the last we saw of him he was holding a feather in the middle of some random world he'd completely obliterated. And in Acid Tokyo we saw him forcefully put the feather into Sakura's body even whilst she pleaded for him to stop and then he just continued onto the next world.
Having said that I'm definately not throwing the opportunity of Sakura ending up with the clone out of the window. In fact, I think they have a slightly greater likelihood of ending up together than R!Syaoran and Sakura but yeah, it's about 50/50. But this is CLAMP we're talking about so nothing can be decided with absolute certainty until they tell us.

Ah sorry that came out longer than expected  :sweatdrop:

@ Mari..
Yeah I read about those fake spoilers! It's kind of dissapointing they're not true! haha. As for xxxholic, according to some spoilers I saw the next chapter is apparently just about (notreallythatmuchofaspoiler->)Watanuki and Doumeki going fishing o.O Oh and something about birds attacking everyone? So no Syaoran unfortunately :( Unless those spoilers are fake as well *hopeful*
« Last Edit: July 31 2007, 08:27 am by redeternity »

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 31 2007, 09:11 am »
The thing that I find going against  that whole Syaoran-kun's heart actually being R!Syaoran's is that Fay risked a bunch to save "that heart".  If he knew all that was going on then he could have very well made out that it didn't matter which body the heart went to.  Instead he used magic and tried to save that heart for Syaoran-kun because he said "that heart belongs to you" it was something he made precious with Sakura and all his loved ones.   Also Kurogane was telling R!Syao that although he's like Syaoran-kun the two are different....ermmm, but maybe that was more towards the fact he was taking the bad things Syaoran-kun did on himself....but then there was the line about seeing the Princess through only his eyes, not Syaoran-kun's....so yes.

CLAMP is evil and I swear sometimes it's like they just throw stuff together that doesn't make sense but since they wrote it we think it must make sense and so we make it out to be when really what we're thinking wasn't what was supposed to be thought of at all.....[/end nonsense run-on]

>>>I know!  I wanted those to be true too xDD
At least the WataxDoumeki fans get some love after so much neglect
Wish I could say the same from the SxS view >.>

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 31 2007, 09:28 am »
@ Ando..
Yeah, that's true. As I say I think I must have read the whole "soul mates have to come from the same world" thing from some false source.. Or I just got the idea in my head for some reason.. I actually can't find it written in the manga so, sorry, my mistake ^^

Oh, I wasn't trying to tell you off, just adding my two cents on CLAMPverse Rules of Love, so no need to apologise. Sorry if I sounded aggressive. I think the 'same world' argument has been used by countless of people as a way of denying any possible romantic relationship between our favourite magician and ninja since long before R!Syaoran came into the picture, so there's probably no telling from where the thought originated.

I agree with you that in the moment, it looks like the Syaorans have a fifty-fifty situation when it comes to Sakura, and I, too, am all for a bittersweet not all-in-all happy ending (gosh, I'm still trying to make up my mind on whether I want Fai and Kurogane to come and live in Clow country or if I want the little family never to be able to meet again after the journey is over), but I personally think that such an ending would be best achieved if Sakura ended up with the clone.

Let's assume that clone boy is destroyed and that in time, Sakura does accept R!Syaoran as being the person she fell in love with, and they go back to Clow country. Such an ending would only be possible if Sakura truly, with all her heart recognised R!Syaoran as her love and only thought of clonie as a machine. It's possible that she will, but wouldn't that result in a perfectly happy ending similar to if Our!Syaoran had never gone psycho on everyone and instead had stuck with Sakura all along?

I personally much prefer the scenario of C!Syaoran somehow regaining his heart (although Yuuko claims it's unmendable, she doesn't lift a finger - and nor does anybody else - to stop her when Sakura says she wants to retrieve it. I'm positive it's possible, but it probably comes at a great price), R!Syaoran suffering the martyr death to save Sakura - the dysfunctional little family return to Clow country; one with fractured memories, one one-eyed, one with mismatched irises and all remembering and grieving R!Syaoran for the rest of their lives. That, I think, also fits best with TRC's message of change.

But maybe it's not a bittersweet ending you want, but that it is Real Syaoran and no other that ends up with Sakura?

(do I dare posting this? I'm tired so this post is probably full of typos. Allow me to apologise beforehand for those)

Signifying nothing.

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 31 2007, 11:07 pm »
@ Mari

The thing that I find going against  that whole Syaoran-kun's heart actually being R!Syaoran's is that Fay risked a bunch to save "that heart".  If he knew all that was going on then he could have very well made out that it didn't matter which body the heart went to.

I saw this as Fai simply not wanting Sakura to get hurt because, obviously, she would be... and he was trying to prevent a "family breakup" I guess xD ..but.. um, failed.
I wonder, perhaps FWR asked Fai to do what he could to prevent the heart from going back to R!Syaoran.. I mean, he didn't seem very happy when Xing Huo (is that her name?) helped R!Syaoran out. And it would explain the whole "was he too late?" thing that I seem to remember FWR saying. "He" being Fai. Mind you, my memory on all of this now is quite bad.

CLAMP is evil and I swear sometimes it's like they just throw stuff together that doesn't make sense but since they wrote it we think it must make sense and so we make it out to be when really what we're thinking wasn't what was supposed to be thought of at all.....[/end nonsense run-on]

*confused* lol

And yeah, I'm not complaining about the DouWata-ness ^__^ Just didn't really expect that to happen. I was thinking there'd be more Sakura and Watanuki talking, and more Syaoran.. I will wait and try to be patient.. *taps fingers*

@ Ando..
Don't worry, I didn't think you sounded aggressive, and it's okay, your post makes perfect sense :)

R!Syaoran suffering the martyr death to save Sakura
Yeah thats the thing that worries me about R!Syaoran.. he seems like the kind of character to just give up everything and suffer in silence for Sakura (if he does love her or at least care for her enough - personally I do think he has feelings for her based on reasons I stated in another thread: "Who will Sakura's number one be in the end") It sort of reminds me of how in CCS because of Sakura's rejection from Yukito he was going to sacrifice his own chance of happiness with her by not telling her he loved her. Basically, I've loved Syaoran since CCS - he's my favourite anime/manga character ever so I really want him to have a happy ending.

Something that worries me about a Clone/Sakura ending would be if something really cliched happens like Sakura's love for him being so strong that it causes him to return to his old self - please, no!! But I have faith CLAMP won't do that.. If she does end up with him I want it to be good enough to convince me that they are meant to be together. But I will definately cry if this leaves R!Syaoran unhappy and he dies or something ;_; Poor guy, I can actually see this happening! I'd be alright if he died happy, but him sacrificing himself is definately not him being happy IMO.

It really depends who the Syaoran is in the tube - whoever it is will be the one Sakura loves and who loves her. But the thing is, the Syaoran in the tube from chapter one is wearing the clow country clothes and at the moment neither the Clone nor R!Syaoran are wearing these. In fact, doesn't Yuuko still have them?

I personally much prefer the scenario of C!Syaoran somehow regaining his heart (although Yuuko claims it's unmendable, she doesn't lift a finger - and nor does anybody else - to stop her when Sakura says she wants to retrieve it. I'm positive it's possible, but it probably comes at a great price)

What I think about Yuuko not lifting a finger to help Sakura is basically that - okay, I've only read up to volume 3 of xxxholic (plus some recent chapters) - but, with all her customers she seems to just warn them and then let them do what they want after that.. let "hitsuzen" happen. This may be the case with Sakura too. Whatever Yuuko says is always right so I think that Yuuko saying the clone can't get his heart back = fact!! Still, it doesn't necessarily mean the clone is doomed. There might be another way.. Just I/we (the readers) don't know it yet :/

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 01 2007, 12:29 am »
Just by saying "that heart belongs to you" is showing that he's thinking only of Syaoran-kun.  Every word in chapter 119 and 120 goes against the whole only for Sakura thing.  If he only did it for her then he wouldn't need to stand up to Kamui and say that Syaoran-kun was really a good kid.  Or that a fake heart can become a real heart.  He would simply try to shove the heart back in the clone, gift wrap him, and present him to Sakura xDD
Regardless, either idea supports the fact that the heart is not the same :/ Again, if it was, Fay would know Sakura would be happy with either body....it sounds morbid....lol.

I'm thinking FWR would not be too happy with the heart staying in his clone, since that was the thing R!Syaoran did that pissed him off in the first place xDD  In fact, trying to prevent it is almost going against what Fay's supposed to do for his wish.

Ermmm....I don't think that sentence of mine was made to make sense >.>

On a different note about you mentioning the tube scene and the clothes from Clow...if it really is only supposed to be souls that are allowed there then maybe the "soul" of the Syaoran in there takes that form.  The true Syaoran for Sakura.

And PS.  It's obvious that R!Syaoran's love for him is going to be so strong it will turn him back xDD
« Last Edit: August 01 2007, 01:53 am by Mari »

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 01 2007, 03:33 am »
*just re-read chapters 119-120*
I think Fai is wrong though. I mean, he says "even if it does belong to someone else, even if it is fake, to the person that recieves it that heart is the real thing" but really, what does it matter if the heart resides in the clone or in R!Syaoran's body? Either way the body is the same, and the only thing that is different is that R!Syaoran now has the whole full heart whilst the clone only had half. If Sakura is still pinning her hopes on returning the heart to the clone then I don't see why. What difference does it make whose body it is in? The heart she fell in love with is right in front of her (just in a different body.. that looks exactly the same anyway). The only thing is that she says they are different (which is true because R!Syaoran has the full heart so he would be) - but, based on that scene where she angsts on the bed to Fai IMO I think she is confused that she is having feelings for someone who looks like the one she fell in love with but isn't. She probably feels guilty - like, she shouldn't be having feelings for a "replacement". I just think that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her to be in love with "half a person" which is what the clone is, really.

And the whole thing about "that heart belongs to you. With Sakura-chan and your loved ones you have made it a precious thing".. Well, how could he have done, really? The "you" Fai is refferring to is a body.. a shell.. since the heart was never the clone's.. if you get me.. The clone's true self is a body without a heart. What I mean is that I don't see how a body could make a heart precious since it's just a body.. unless he had in fact grown a heart of his own.. only then. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense. I'm actually confusing myself! It makes sense in my head anyway ^^

'm thinking FWR would not be too happy with the heart staying in his clone, since that was the thing R!Syaoran did that pissed him off in the first place xDD  In fact, trying to prevent it is almost going against what Fay's supposed to do for his wish.

I'm not sure if FWR was annoyed that R!Syaoran interfered. He certainly looked surprised, but not so much annoyed. He said: "even though the heart of another resided in him, if the determination to gather feathers remained that was all that mattered". I've actually changed my mind - I don't think FWR asked Fai to prevent the heart from going back to R!Syaoran. I don't think it caused a hindrance to his plan either way so it doesn't bother him whether the clone has a heart or not. Although it probably took a hell of a lot longer for Syaoran to collect the feathers with a heart inside him than it would have done without. Since now that he's heartless, he's all: "Destroy obstructions.. Collect feather.. Next world.."

On a different note about you mentioning the tube scene and the clothes from Clow...if it really is only supposed to be souls that are allowed there then maybe the "soul" of the Syaoran in there takes that form.  The true Syaoran for Sakura.

Yeah I thought about that too. But then why isn't Sakura wearing her princess' outfit in the hourglass tube? Why is she wearing that dress instead? There must be a reason.

And PS.  It's obvious that R!Syaoran's love for him is going to be so strong it will turn him back xDD

Haha now THAT would be the best ending ever!

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 01 2007, 04:33 am »
And the whole thing about "that heart belongs to you. With Sakura-chan and your loved ones you have made it a precious thing".. Well, how could he have done, really?

Still, you have to remember that this is CLAMP we're dealing with, and that they seem to believe fully in the power of true love. That wouldn't be the first thought-to-be impossible thing that one of their characters have managed to do thanks to their strong feelings for someone else.

The "you" Fai is refferring to is a body.. a shell.. since the heart was never the clone's.. if you get me.. The clone's true self is a body without a heart. What I mean is that I don't see how a body could make a heart precious since it's just a body.. unless he had in fact grown a heart of his own.. only then.

That's another thing about CLAMP that you start to notice after reading some of their others works: they are very firm about that even if a character isn't a "real" person (for example, if they are a machine or created through magic), that still doesn't make them any less real. That was, among other, a running theme in Chobits, and many of the characters that appear in TRC shouldn't logically be able to exist in other dimensions since they, in their original manga, were created by someone else and thought of as having no soul/feelings. 
Signifying nothing.

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 01 2007, 04:58 am »
(just in a different body..

Body is not the same~ We saw all through the series that Sakura’s body is naturally inclined towards Syaoran-kun’s without her heart.  Why else would she reach out for him when she was asleep in Piffle?  Touch him intimately when she didn’t know him in Koriyo, Lake country, barely knew him then in Jade, Outo, etc--; while never doing the same to any of her other group?  Yet with R!Syaoran’s she shares nothing and always pushes back.   I think the body could start to develop a heart because back in Volume 9 Mokona said how everyone has both body memories and heart memories (not to be confused with Sakura‘s ability to store world memories..).  So why wouldn’t clonie have them too?  Right now his body is just like Sakura’s was at the beginning of the series, ne?  Which might be why he held her in such an intimate way back in Tokyo.  He could have just thrown the feather at her but he made a whole eye!sex scene out of it…….

And although R! was watching his body wasn’t there so Sakura’s body doesn’t relate to him like it does to Syaoran-kun’s.  He only has mind/heart memories with her.  R! could never have those body memories with her…

I don't think it caused a hindrance to his plan either way so it doesn't bother him whether the clone has a heart or not. Although it probably took a hell of a lot longer for Syaoran to collect the feathers with a heart inside him than it would have done without. Since now that he's heartless, he's all: "Destroy obstructions.. Collect feather.. Next world.."

Ummm….LoL.  I think you just stated both sides of that argument xDD
<3

As for Sakura bed angst scene…I saw it differently.  It was more like Sakura was trying to get into her head the idea that R!Syaoran was her most precious but although they looked the same and had the same steady gaze or whatever it was like something inside of her was going against that idea.  And I think she’s feeling more guilty because she wants R!Syaoran TO be her Syaoran but he just can’t be. because he belongs to Watanuki xDD

This will sound insane but….*blushes*….if Syaoran was meant to only be one person, then why would they even play with the idea of putting a twin in the drama CD….?

As for dress maybe all souls should look like that….while Syaoran-kun couldn’t be all nice and flowy and white because he had to create a heart of his own.  And I think it would be suiting because that was how he created himself to be…all covered in filth because his soul’s all dirty from killing and being psychotic.  I always found it highly symbolic that Sakura was clean and white while Syaoran was “of earth” (his outfit actually being from his life on earth) with torn up clothes and dirty flesh….both literally and psychically.  Like the poem “love bade me welcome, but my soul drew back guilty of dust and sin” Sorry.  *nerd* :P

Fact is nothing is set.  Everything is based on interpretation.  And seeing as I can only relate my ideas through translations that could never properly sub for what I would read if I was Japanese then my ideas are far from concrete.  Plus as Ando says….it’s CLAMP <3  If we're going into possible vs non-possible then we should start discussing how you program a lifeless body to only collect feathers O.o;

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 01 2007, 07:40 am »
That's another thing about CLAMP that you start to notice after reading some of their others works: they are very firm about that even if a character isn't a "real" person (for example, if they are a machine or created through magic), that still doesn't make them any less real.

Oh I didn't mean that he didn't deserve her because he wasn't "real" or anything like that. As long as he grows his own heart I guess I'm alright with the whole Clone and Sakura thing (even though I don't really like them as a pairing as of yet), however, I think it would be unfair for him to get back R!Syaoran's heart when it never belonged to him in the first place... And it would make me one very unhappy fangirl.

That was, among other, a running theme in Chobits, and many of the characters that appear in TRC shouldn't logically be able to exist in other dimensions since they, in their original manga, were created by someone else and thought of as having no soul/feelings. 

In the case of Chii though, wasn't she created by Fai in Celes? So that makes sense - even in a different dimension she was still a created thing.

We saw all through the series that Sakura’s body is naturally inclined towards Syaoran-kun’s without her heart.

Sakura never actually lost her heart, she just lost her memories.

Why else would she reach out for him when she was asleep in Piffle?

Uhh I can't remember.. When was that?

I think the body could start to develop a heart because back in Volume 9 Mokona said how everyone has both body memories and heart memories (not to be confused with Sakura‘s ability to store world memories..).  So why wouldn’t clonie have them too?

He could start to develop a heart but there is no evidence of this as of yet.

Right now his body is just like Sakura’s was at the beginning of the series, ne?

Sort of. But not really. Like I say, at the beginning of the series Sakura lost her memories, whereas Cloney lost his heart. But then again he didn't really lose it since it was never really his.

he made a whole eye!sex scene out of it…….

Really?? I thought that whole scene was just supposed to prove that even having a pleading Sakura at his feet didn't make a difference to him. Proof that he is now a heart-less being with no other objective than to collect feathers.

Ummm….LoL.  I think you just stated both sides of that argument xDD
<3.

Lol yeah :/ You do wonder though how FWR can sit in front of that TV-set thing watching the group 24/7. Doesn't he ever sleep? Why doesn't he have square-eyes by now? xD Actually, come to think of it, didn't his mother ever teach him not to meddle in other people's lives for his own selfish gain?

As for Sakura bed angst scene…I saw it differently.  It was more like Sakura was trying to get into her head the idea that R!Syaoran was her most precious but although they looked the same and had the same steady gaze or whatever it was like something inside of her was going against that idea.  And I think she’s feeling more guilty because she wants R!Syaoran TO be her Syaoran but he just can’t be.

Uhh well this is what I think about it...
Sakura says: "I know that even if he's the original he's like the ones we met in the other worlds - the same face but different persons. Still.. it's no good.." = I think by this she means basically that: It's no good, I still have feelings for the real Syaoran no matter how much I try not to.
Because why else would she say "Still.. it's no good" in that context?

Also she says: "Each time I come across him. It's hopeless. Why? The one right in front of me isn't Syaoran-kun is he?" = She is asking herself "why" she is falling for R!Syaoran and she is frightened of this because she believes she fell in love with Cloney.
But, yeah, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this ^^

This will sound insane but….*blushes*….if Syaoran was meant to only be one person, then why would they even play with the idea of putting a twin in the drama CD….?

Because CLAMP are evil and take pleasure out of teasing their fans  -_-

As for dress maybe all souls should look like that….while Syaoran-kun couldn’t be all nice and flowy and white because he had to create a heart of his own.  And I think it would be suiting because that was how he created himself to be…all covered in filth because his soul’s all dirty from killing and being psychotic.  I always found it highly symbolic that Sakura was clean and white while Syaoran was “of earth” (his outfit actually being from his life on earth) with torn up clothes and dirty flesh….both literally and psychically.

Very interesting theory but I don't know if it's likely to be as symbolic as that. I mean, at first I theorized that the whole tube was supposed to be symbolic.. but I was wrong.

If we're going into possible vs non-possible then we should start discussing how you program a lifeless body to only collect feathers O.o;

True, why I am trying to make logical sense out of something that has been labelled as being of the fantasy genre?  :sweatdrop:

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 01 2007, 10:47 am »
*pokes*  Are we reading the same series? In TRC it has been stated that memories ARE the heart >.>  That’s why Sakura would have died if Fay hadn’t (done as he was supposed to, shame-shame) and given her that feather.  Remember, we’re in the CLAMP-verse.  Things don’t necessarily make sense xD  That’s why the heart and the soul are different…bodies have memories…people can eat eyes and somehow make them appear as their own.

Uhh I can't remember.. When was that?

Tsk, tsk.  You dare ask on the SxS thread when that moment was?!  I shall have to poke you again *pokes*  Back in chapter 75 (-ish xD)  It happened after they were drinking?  And Syaoran-kun and the others put her to bed and then she reached out for him and he held her hand and then the next day she said she had a very happy dream about someone holding her hand.  Which goes back to her body knowing Syaoran-kun and the hand holding back in Hanshin.  Even if her body is asleep it’s still feeling and gaining memories and retaining them and reacting on them…

He could start to develop a heart but there is no evidence of this as of yet.

LOL!  Ouch.  I’ve never seen anyone so against poor Syaoran-kun having his own heart xD

I think it’s a stand in itself that C!Syao and R!Syao were both able to get into Syaoran-kun’s dreams.  If he wasn’t developing his own self then C!Syao wouldn’t have been harassing him back in Toyko.  And R!Syao wouldn’t have been appearing before him as a child…

R!Syaoran is even against it :p He said himself that Sakura being most precious comes from Syaoran-kun’s HEART, not his own.

Really?? I thought that whole scene was just supposed to prove that even having a pleading Sakura at his feet didn't make a difference to him. Proof that he is now a heart-less being with no other objective than to collect feathers.

If so, he could have just slammed her to the ground like he did with everyone else.  There’s no reason for a “heartless” being to be holding her and putting his cheek to hers.  If he was trying to stick it in that he was all pychotic-happy then it would have been worse to completely ignore her.  Wee~ we see things so differently :3

Lol yeah :/ You do wonder though how FWR can sit in front of that TV-set thing watching the group 24/7?

…because the p0rn store banned him from excessive over due fines….? xDD

But, yeah, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this ^^

Yea.  For that scene we can honestly make nothing of it.  Because that translation is different from the one I used, and I’ve read two others aside from this all which have her saying completely different words which just happen to contradict the other translations.  So *lol* discussing that scene is a little pointless unless the two of us go off and learn Japanese together xD

But!  The fact remains they’re both in the Drama!  ^___^

Lmao.  I know, I know about the tube.  I just thought it would be so cool <3
Hmmm, you're someone who thought it wasn't going to happen from the start....
Chances are more likely that  if he’s on the other side it has something to do with FWR’s mirror….

Ah, but it’s so much fun discussing the lives and ways of fictional characters brought up in a world with no rules until CLAMP makes or goes against them =3

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 01 2007, 10:41 pm »
*pokes*

Ow!

Are we reading the same series? In TRC it has been stated that memories ARE the heart >.>

Where does it say that? I checked the first chapter on msn groups and it definately says "memories" and nothing about a heart. Although like you said maybe the translations are different. I'm not sure exactly how reliable that translation was.. If only I had the tankoubons *shakes fist*

Tsk, tsk.  You dare ask on the SxS thread when that moment was?!  I shall have to poke you again *pokes*  Back in chapter 75 (-ish xD)  It happened after they were drinking?  And Syaoran-kun and the others put her to bed and then she reached out for him and he held her hand and then the next day she said she had a very happy dream about someone holding her hand.  Which goes back to her body knowing Syaoran-kun and the hand holding back in Hanshin.  Even if her body is asleep it’s still feeling and gaining memories and retaining them and reacting on them…

Oh right, I remember now.. Well that.. The body memories remember what the heart memories didn't right? But.. uh.. but.. oh, nevermind, I'm trying to make logical sense again.

LOL!  Ouch.  I’ve never seen anyone so against poor Syaoran-kun having his own heart xD

But psycho Cloney is sooo sexy! I like him how he is now!

R!Syaoran is even against it :p He said himself that Sakura being most precious comes from Syaoran-kun’s HEART, not his own.

I am SO glad you mentioned that! Haha, I made this little discovery a while back that I'm pretty proud of..  ;D
Where R!Syao tells C!Syao that: "the fact that you consider Sakura over there most important to you doesn't come from my heart. it's from you!" I think he is just lying here; testing the clone to see if he has grown his own heart (to decide whether or not he should destroy him). Notice how he clenches his fists just before he says it (lower left hand corner) and lookie! Even Kurogane noticed! Squee~:
http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga/chapter122.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2750
And then when he actually says it his face looks really emotional and pained:
http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga/chapter122.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2751

If so, he could have just slammed her to the ground like he did with everyone else.

He only seemed to do that when somebody got in the way. Kurogane tried stopping him, so he used Fai's magic against him. R!Syaoran tried stopping him, so he stuck a sword through his leg. Fai tried stopping him, so he--yeah.. Sakura didn't do that, she just lightly gripped onto his arm. Anyway, if Cloney had killed her then he would ruin his whole objective of bringing her feathers so he probably didn't hurt her for that reason.
(And besides, I thought it was pretty violent the way he slashed that bubble thing she was in - when I first read that I thought he'd killed her :surprised:)

There’s no reason for a “heartless” being to be holding her and putting his cheek to hers.

That bit was just fanservice xD

Wee~ we see things so differently :3

Yeah, I know! Actually I think the majority of the TRC fandom would disagree with my views lol but it's still really fun to discuss it.

Chances are more likely that  if he’s on the other side it has something to do with FWR’s mirror….

I'm interested.. what makes you think that?

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 02 2007, 12:21 am »
But psycho Cloney is sooo sexy! I like him how he is now!

Hey.  No one is denying that the blue eye is love xD

I think he is just lying here....

Ah , very crafty…using the manga for your evil purposes >D

But!   But, but, but my dear!  Even if he was using it as a fake out, that means he did believe that the clone DID have feelings!  If it wasn’t true at all he wouldn’t even be able to try that because it would be inconsequential! :p

Assuming that his Sakura IS/WAS this Sakura (as in disregarding the whole “even if that heart never returns” thing…) I think he’s more pissed/fist clenching because he knew he gave up Sakura the moment he decided to protect her.

But really, you need to have more faith in the characters xP  Fay was wrong, R!Syaoran's lying, Sakura in love with an imaginary person....

He only seemed to do that when somebody got in the way.

Just saying he could have totally ignored her instead of bringing her closer.  But meh.  Fanservice, subtext, substantial plot evidence, the closest Syaoran-kun will dare to kissing Sakura aside from fan fiction….we can think whatever we like until the end is known.

Well.
I did have this nice little theory, with pretty words and such…but then when I was looking back on a pic of the tube I also found this.  So…I don’t see either side being a mirror anytime soon or ever >.>
LoL.  There’s also the theory about FWR’s monocle being the glass that divides them xDD  But that’s not mine and I wouldn’t even know how to validate that.

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 02 2007, 02:45 am »
But!   But, but, but my dear!  Even if he was using it as a fake out, that means he did believe that the clone DID have feelings!  If it wasn’t true at all he wouldn’t even be able to try that because it would be inconsequential! :p

Maybe "lying" was the wrong word, I meant "testing"  ;D My guess is that he said it just to SEE if the clone had feelings because he wasn't sure. He hoped that the clone could have grown his own heart (thats why he gave him his own heart in the first place) but when the clone responded to his statement with a kick, he realised that he didn't. In the chapter after he says the whole "the love for Sakura comes from you" thing, R!Syao says that he promised before that "if you continued to be only a created thing who acted wildly and forcefully, I would eliminate you" and he prepares to kill him as he says this (that sword out of the hand thing is so cool! ^__^)

In fact, I think if Sakura had not screamed out "STOP! DON'T KILL SYAORAN-KUN" he would have killed Cloney since he had the upper hand at that point.

But really, you need to have more faith in the characters xP  Fay was wrong, R!Syaoran's lying, Sakura in love with an imaginary person...

In love with an imaginary person? What? Lmao!

Just saying he could have totally ignored her instead of bringing her closer.

You're right. Still think it's fanservice though  :lol:

the closest Syaoran-kun will dare to kissing Sakura aside from fan fiction

What about this beautiful coloured picture?

Well.
I did have this nice little theory, with pretty words and such…but then when I was looking back on a pic of the tube I also found this.  So…I don’t see either side being a mirror anytime soon or ever >.>

Oooh, I've never seen that pic before. Is it from the character guide? And I don't know why but I find the way Sakura and Syaoran are standing up in that tube kinda amusing.
Anyway, one thing I have noticed about the tube is that the two ends are slightly different.. I don't know if this is in any way significant to the plot or if it's just part of the design. And I'm kinda confused.. was your theory about the mirror supposed to be like, that Syaoran was not actually in the tube but reflected there by FWR or something?

LoL.  There’s also the theory about FWR’s monocle being the glass that divides them xDD

Wow, I love it! xD