AuthorTopic: The Official Wrestling Thread (now with more news and stuff)  (Read 474500 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: The Official Wrestling Thread (now with more news and stuff)
« Reply #200 on: May 03 2009, 07:43 am »
TNA Impact! Results: 4-30-09

Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Talon's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1. Amazing Red and Suicide defeated The Motor City Machine Guns in 6:00. Red has a brand new look with new tights and a new hairdo. He looks more professional than he once did. Shelley and Red exchanged hold with Red getting the upperhand. Tenay and West mentioned “The British Invasion” which is being lead by Brutus Magnus. Illegal interference gave the Machine Guns the upperhand. They followed with a huge hiptoss on Red. A low drop kick followed by a Hesitation Dropkick on Red who was hanging in the corner. Red hit a cool modified reverse DDT on Sabin then got a hot tag to Suicide. A Suicide roll on Shelley took the Machine Guns out for a second but Sabin and Shelley fought back. Minutes later Red hit the Code Red followed by a plancha outside. Suicide hit the Suicide Solution to pick up the win for his team…

Talon’s Take: Red is a step slower but he was impressive here. TNA needs to sign this guy as fast as they can. He could reinvigorate the X Division.

2. Brutus Magnus and Doug Williams defeated Homicide in 4:15. This was the second Team 3D Invitational Match tonight. Homicide was on his own on this one. Williams and Magnus worked over Homicide for the majority of the match. They hit a nice necktie neckbreaker on Homicide. Magnus went for a top rope move but Homicide rolled out of the way. Homicide was a house of fire on Williams and Magnus. Homicide went for a top rope move on Williams but Rob Terry interfered. This allowed Williams and Magnus to hit an Elevated European Uppercut type move on Homicide to win the match…

Talon’s Take: TNA has a new talent initiative going on right now. I was impressed by The British Invasion as the TNA Tag Team Division gets deeper. I hope Homicide goes after the X Title while Hernandez recovers. It was cool to see Williams return to TNA.

3. Awesome Kong defeated Madison Rayne in a Stretcher Match in 3:15. Apparently you have to incapacitate your opponent on the stretcher for a 10-count. Rayne was accompanied by Sky and Love. Awesome Kong brought a picture of Love with her to give her motivation in beating up her opponent. Rudy Charles sent Raisha Saeed, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love to the back. Kong destroyed Rayne. Every time Kong was about to win, she picked Rayne and continued the onslaught. Kong hit an Awesome Bomb. The fans chanted “one more time.” Kong appeased them and gave Rayne another Awesome Bomb. She put Rayne on the Stretcher and easily got the win…[C]

Talon’s Take: The rules to the stretcher match were weird. Usually you wheel your opponent across a line on the ramp to get a win in a stretcher match.

4. Abyss defeated Cody Deaner in 3:00. In this match Abyss couldn’t use weapons while Deaner could. Deaner came out to some very annoying music that had that redneck feel to it. Deaner kept hitting Abyss with weapons but Abyss no-sold them. Deaner went to hit Abyss with a Kendo Stick but Abyss caught it. After spitting whiskey in the face of Abyss, Deaner hit Abyss with a series of weapon shots. Finally after a chair shot, Abyss went down. Deaner got serious and turned his hat backwards. Deaner pulled a wrench from his fanny pack. Abyss connected with a big Black Hole Slam on Deaner…

Talon’s Take: This was strictly a comedy match. It was okay for what it was. Again, you either love or hate Deaner.

5. Kevin Nash and Booker defeated AJ Styles and Samoa Joe in 10:00. Nash and Booker were accompanied by Morasca and Sharmell. Samoa Joe never came out so AJ fought the match by himself. AJ Styles hit a big dropkick early on. Nash tagged in and Big Sexy botched a few moves. The MEM tried to double team Styles but AJ fought out. In the back Bobby Lashley was shown walking. Samoa Joe headed to the ring as we went to break.

We are back from the break as the MEM is in control. During the break Samoa Joe argued with AJ Styles allowing Nash to gain the upperhand. After a distraction from Jenna Morasca, Sharmell slid the Legend’s Championship into Booker who used it on AJ Styles to pick up the win. After the match Samoa Joe and AJ Styles began to argue…

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #201 on: May 03 2009, 07:55 am »
WWE Smackdown Results: 5-1-09

Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Shore's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1. John Morrison defeated Shelton Benjamin at 2:43. I had a weird synching problem during most of this match and the video froze several times. Morrison hit a springboard elbow followed by the Moonlight Drive for the win…The announce team hyped the fatal fourway match and Punk vs. Edge for later.

Shore’s Slant: Am I the only one getting a crappy feed? Every other channel is fine and the commercials are fine but Smackdown is terrible. Morrison seemed to be the face here which is cool. Smackdown is very heel heavy and he could be the arrogant face like The Rock was. This match needed more time so I could see part of it. I’m expecting big things from Morrison on Friday nights.

2. Jeff Hardy defeated Rey Mysterio, Kane, and Chris Jericho in a four-way elimination match to determine the Number One Contender to the World Heavyweight Title at Judgment Day at 17:31. Everybody attacked Kane to start, but he tossed Hardy and destroyed Jericho and Mysterio. He tossed Jericho to the floor beside Hardy who was selling the most destructive toss through the ropes in history. Kane picked up Rey in a gorilla press and tossed him onto Jericho and Hardy. He smiled in the ring as the three other men recovered into the break…

Back at 4:45, Kane came off the top rope and Hardy drop kicked him out of the air. Mysterio hit a leg drop off the top rope on Kane for two. Jericho reversed a Mysterio whip for a tilt a whirl back breaker for two. Hardy hit a flying clothesline of Jericho for two. Hardy tried a move and Jericho countered and tried a Walls of Jericho, but Kane broke it up. Jericho pulled Mysterio out of the ring and Hardy hit Whisper in the Wind and a Swanton on Kane. Jericho pulled Hardy out of the ring and covered Kane to eliminate him at 7:01.

Kane went nuts and tossed chairs into the ring. He tossed Rey in as well, who hit a dropkick on Jericho, setting him up for the 619. Rey hit the 619 and came off the top rope. But Jericho threw one of the chairs at him. The ref disqualified Jericho at 8:18 to eliminate him. Jericho argued and Jeff and Rey recovered into the break…

Back at 12:45, Rey and Jeff stared each other down. Rey hit a kick and whipped Hardy to the ropes and hit a drop kick for two. Rey whipped him again and Jeff grabbed the ropes to cause Rey to miss another dropkick. Jeff dropped both legs on the “mid-section” and hit a sitdown dropkick for two. Hardy hit a Sunset Flip, but Rey rolled through and kicked Jeff in the face. The two men ran the ropes and hit a flying cross body on each other. At 15:45 there were about 17 reversals in a row and ended with Jeff Hardy rolling up Rey for two.

Jeff dropped Rey in the corner and tried for his sitdown corner dropkick but Rey moved. The reversal of reversals happened again and Jeff got another near fall. Rey hit a drop toe hold and the 619 on Jeff. He came off the top rope with the springboard sitdown splash, but Jeff kicked hard on the pin attempt and rolled Rey over for the surprise win. Post match, Jeff and Rey hugged and then Jeff celebrated in the ring…

Shore’s Slant: If you think I didn’t get everything in this match, you’re right. I’m out of breath from watching it. Great, great match that was PPV worthy in my opinion. If we get something like this every week, Raw will quickly become the number two show. Jeff Hardy is requesting some time off, so I expect Edge to retain at Judgment Day (assuming he wins tonight), but still not a waste of time. I love when they go to MSG!

3. MVP w/Sherri Shepherd defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain the United States Championship at 3:55. MVP started out with three quick hip tosses. Ziggler tossed MVP to ringside in front of Shepherd. She checked on him but backed up when Ziggler came towards them. He kicked MVP a few times and then tried to introduce himself to Shepherd. MVP attacked him but Ziggler ducked and MVP ended up in Shepherd’s arms. Ziggler tried to turn MVP around but he elbowed him and went back to Shepherd. He told her to stay right there and went back in the ring. Ziggler took control and beat down MVP. Shepherd climbed up on the apron and Ziggler started harassing her. She slapped him and MVP hit the Playmaker for the win. Post match, the happy couple walked arm in arm up the ramp.

Shore’s Slant: The whole second hour has a surreal quality about it. That match was terrible and Shepherd was the best part about it. I’m glad MVP is on Raw after tonight so I don’t have to deal with her again. Punk/Edge better be awesome.

4. Edge defeated CM Punk in a non-title match 11:35. Punk picked up Edge immediately for GTS, but Edge grabbed the ropes. Punk went on the attack, kicking Edge a bunch of different ways. Punk went to the top and Edge climbed up as well. Punk dropped off and hit a hot shot on Edge on the top rope. He went back to the top and Edge swept the feet. He hung Punk upside down and speared his back. Punk fought back and tried a suplex, but his back wouldn’t let him. Edge picked him up and dropped him gut first on the top rope. He kicked Punk to the floor and fell down in the ring. Both men recovered into the break…[C]

Back at 6:27, Edge hit a knee lift on a running Punk. He continued to work on Punk’s back with strikes and kicks. Punk was in a 619 setup and Edge tried to splash him, but Punk moved. That looked like it hurt. Punk came back with a heel kick, followed by a number of kicks. He setup for GTS, but Edge slipped down and tried for a sunset flip. Punk dropped to his knees for two. Edge dropped Punk on his face for two. Edge setup for the spear. He charged, but Punk kicked him. Punk hit the kick in the corner and followed with a bulldog for two. Punk went to the top and jumped over Edge. Edge tried to spear again and Punk hit a powerslam for two.

Punk picked up Edge for GTS. Edge blocked the knee and locked in a Sharpshooter. Punk made it to the rope and Edge broke. He stood on the apron. Edge tried to suplex him back in, but Punk rolled out and hit GTS for the clean win. Punk went and got the briefcase. He talked to the ref who talked to Justin Roberts. Roberts announced that MITB was being cashed in and announced the title match. Punk turned around and Umaga ran in from the crowd and superkicked him before the bell rang. He picked up Punk and hit a spinning fall away slam. Umaga left and Edge picked up the briefcase. Jeff Hardy ran in and hit Twist of Fate and a Swanton on Edge. Jeff Hardy celebrated to end the show…

Shore’s Slant: Good match that had a surprising clean pin. The run in by Umaga was fine. I’m sure “Vickie set it up,” which is fine. This was the craziest show in a while. It was hot, then stupid, then hot again. Overall though, solid show that gets me excited to watch again next week. Storylines should clean themselves up next week, which will only make for a better show. Did I mention Morrison and Jericho are going to feud? I feel high just thinking about it.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #202 on: May 06 2009, 07:06 am »
WWE RAW Results: 5-4-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

n/a -- WWE champion RANDY ORTON vs. SHANE MCMAHON -- non-title match

WWE champion Randy Orton came to the ring to start the show for the match against Shane McMahon. Orton came out alone and took his sweet time in the process. After Orton's music stopped, Shane's music hit. No sign of Shane, though. Shane then ambushed Orton from behind like a cowardly babyface. Fight went to the floor, then into the stands. A little girl sporting an HBK hat nearly got involved.

The brawl moved into the stands, then to the ringside area. Shane wanted a top rope splash through the announce table, but Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes jumped Shane in the ring. Orton helped triple team them, MVP stormed the ring to try to help out Shane. MVP was beaten down, though. Orton then dumped MVP over the top rope to the floor. Shane was left alone in the ring to take a beating, then Batista stormed the ring. (Parks: the arena came unglued for Batista.) Batista cleaned house on Legacy as Orton took off running from ringside.

Raw GM Vickie Guerrero then interrupted the proceedings. She declared herself the GM of Raw in case we forgot. Vickie said she won't let them ruin her main event. She booked two singles match of Cody vs. MVP and Batista vs. DiBiase. If you win, then you join either Orton or Shane in the TV main event tonight.

1 -- MATT HARDY vs. KOFI KINGSTON

Announcers talked about everything Hardy can't do since his right hand is messed up. Can't eat. Can't sleep. Can't write. Matt tried to beg off early on, then Kofi surprised him with a small package for a two count. Matt started using his feet to work over Kofi before he slingshot him across the top rope for a two count. Kofi then countered a suplex into a neckbreaker before landing a standing dropkick. Kofi landed a turnaround splash, then he came up holding his hand. Kofi went into his offensive attack, including a boom-boom leg drop for a two count. Kofi then ducked a clothesline using the cast and he blasted Matt with the Trouble in Paradise buzzsaw kick for the pin and the win. Post-match: Kofi was celebrating the victory, then Matt surprised him with a cheap shot with the cast to the face. Kofi was KO'ed and Matt angrily walked away from the ring.

WINNER: Kofi at 4:22. Okay match. Matt was quite limited in the ring with the cast on. Kofi incorporated some highspots to keep the crowd involved. Post-match was good for Matt to get his heat back after taking a clean loss. (*)

2 -- U.S. champion MVP vs. CODY RHODES -- non-title match -- winners gets main event slot

Regal continued to complain about there not being order to the Raw pecking order as the match started with a series of nearfalls. Good start with neither man able to take control. Cody then took out MVP's knee from behind as they cut to a shot of Shane watching on a monitor backstage. MVP came back with a series of clotheslines, then he knocked Cody to the outside. MVP followed on the floor, then Regal snuck away from the table and took MVP's knees out from under him behind the ref's back. MVP tried to make his way back into the ring, but he couldn't get off his leg and he was counted out. Regal then stared down MVP, who was quite upset and selling pain.

WINNER: Cody Rhodes at 4:08. Good match to set up the MVP vs. Regal program. In-ring, good intensity. Cody continues to grow as a performer, although I'm not sure if he's ever had a clean victory. Ever. (*1/2)

3 -- Divas champion MARYSE vs. MICKIE JAMES -- non-title match

Match action moved to the floor early on. Maryse took control, then she put Mickie in a Camel Clutch back in the ring. If I'm Maryse, I'm upset with Show for stealing my hold moments before my match. But, perhaps it's not a grievance worth airing, but keeping to herself. Mickie then made her comeback and nailed an emphatic DDT for the pin and the win. Jared the Subway Guy then announced her as the winner.

WINNER: Mickie James at 2:40. Good to see an actual singles match without Hornswoggle or any other craziness. Still only a three-minutes-and-under match, but a good match for Mickie and Maryse. (3/4*)

In-ring: Ted DiBiase, Jr. was already in the ring ready for Batista. Batista came out for a full in-ring entrance.

4 -- TED DIBIASE, JR. vs. BATISTA

DiBiase tried to play cat and mouse with Batista early on, and he wore down Batista to take control back in the ring. Batista then came back with trademark shoulder thrusts in the corner before DiBiase fired off a slap that caught the ref more than Batista. Batista was angered, so he blasted DiBiase. Batista blasted him too much out of anger and the ref reached a five count on the attack as Batista wasn't paying attention. Batista then snapped and chucked his elbow pad down to the mat as DiBiase snuck away with a grin on his face.

WINNER: DiBiase at 3:58. Basic match to set up Shane with the stacked deck of having to face Legacy by himself in a three-on-one handicap match. Batista as the hot-head who is costing Team McMahon matches is a good way to plant seeds for that inevitable heel turn.

5 -- Unified tag champion CARLITO vs. THE BRIAN KENDRICK

Kendrick had about a second of offense, then Carlito nailed a codebreaker out of the corner for the pin and the win. Afterward, Carlito put his two title belts over his shoulders and sold pain from the belts being sooo heavy.

WINNER: Carlito at 1:18. Just a filler match that didn't do anything for Kendrick. Carlito was fine, although this match just didn't have much time to mean anything. (n/a)

6 -- WWE champion RANDY ORTON & TED DIBIASE, JR. & CODY RHODES vs. SHANE MCMAHON

Bell sounded and Shane fought Cody to start things off. Shane landed a clothesline, but Cody rammed him back into Legacy's corner to tag in DiBiase. Here's a non-wrestler cutting off DiBiase from making a tag to one of his partners. Announcers reminded us that Shane isn't a wrestler, but he's "fueled by passion and emotion." Shane then went up top for an elbow drop and he connected on DiBiase. He made a cover, but Cody broke up the pin. Shane came up holding his elbow, then he threw a wild elbow at Cody. DiBiase knocked him to the outside, continuing this clunky match.

On the outside, Shane grabbed a chair to blast Cody, but Orton smashed him from behind and rolled Shane back into the ring. Orton then made an official tag to stalk Shane and begin assaulting him. Cody then tagged in and missed with a top rope moonsault on Shane. Shane then made his huge comeback with SuperShane punches and kicks and clotheslines and such. Action moved to the floor where Shane put Orton on the announce table. He then went back into the ring for his top rope elbow. After milking the moment for all it was worth, Shane flew off the top and ate the table when Orton moved in plenty of time. Shane was KO'ed as Orton realized the opportunity.

DiBiase and Rhodes dragged Shane over to the corner and put his leg next to the ring steps. Orton grabbed a chair and screamed down at Shane that this is punishment for not staying out of his business. Orton took a deep wind-up and smashed the ring steps near Shane's ankle for a dramatic moment. Shane cried out in pain, then Orton set up Shane for Round Two of Ankle Torture. Orton measured Shane for a second blow as some of the ringside "smart" fans cheered Orton on to take Shane off TV. Orton then lifted up the top set of steel steps and smashed Shane's right ankle a second time. Shane writhed in pain on the floor as Orton crouched down from a distance. He slithered over to Shane before more refs showed up to push Orton away from the scene.

Suddenly, Batista's music hit and Batista stormed ringside. Meanwhile, Legacy took off running as Batista pounded the mat in frustration that Shane was taken out. Medics checked on Shane and put his leg in an anklecast to help him out. Shane was put on a stretcher as Orton took the mic and addressed Batista. He said Batista's Judgment Day is coming. Orton stared coldly toward Batista, who shook the ropes in frustration. Shane was then wheeled down the entranceramp as Orton and Batista had a staredown from a distance to close the show.

WINNER: No official decision, but presumably Shane via DQ when Batista came out at 11:45. Another one of those Shane matches where WWE had to balance the idea of Shane being a non-wrestler, but not making this completely one-sided to where there's no drama. Another injury angle for the McMahons means more heat on Orton and Co. to build them up as a ruthless heels. Desired result was accomplished even if the match wasn't that great to hold the interest of the audience. (*1/4)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #203 on: May 07 2009, 12:03 am »
ECW on SciFi Results: 5-5-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed to in-ring results only.

1 -- EVAN BOURNE vs. TYSON KIDD (w/Natalya)

Match started with some mat work, then Bourne blocked a whip to the ropes and caught Kidd with a standing dropkick. Kidd then knocked Bourne to the outside and Bourne tried to intimidate Natalya to back up. Back in the ring, Bourne slingshot himself off the apron to the corner, then into a head scissors on Kidd. I can't even describe how innovative that looked. Kidd needed a breather as they cut to break.

They returned from break with Kidd in control. Bourne then hit Kidd with a spin kick to regain control of the match. Bourne missed with a corner attack, then Kidd kicked him hard in the back of the left leg to instantly take control by working the leg. Kidd very aggressive working over Bourne as he went to the mat and screamed at Bourne. Kidd very verbal: "Ask him ref, I'll break his neck!" Bourne tried to fight back with kick strikes, then he landed an innovative leaping knee lift beneath the chin to break free.

Both men recovered, then Bourne kicked Kidd in the chest. He ducked an attempted kick from Kidd before leaping to the second rope for a turnaround back-kick that took Kidd down for a two count. Bourne landed a leaping left arm elbow for another close call. Bourne landed on the apron following an exchange, then Natalya got involved by yanking Bourne down onto the edge of the ring apron. Back in the ring, Kidd wanted a top rope move, but Finlay came down to ringside and scared Natalya into the ring. Ref was distracted, then Finlay smashed Kidd in the leg behind the ref's back with the shillelagh. With Kidd down, Bourne went up top for the Shooting Star Press for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Bourne in 14:00. Flashes of brilliance in this one. We're due a clean match between the two down the road, but a very nice first match between the two. The Kidd-Finlay program will have tremendous long-term benefits for Kidd as he matures on WWE TV just like Swagger went through Finlay to become a star. (**3/4)

2 -- KOZLOV vs. POOR JESSE

Crowd tried to agitate Kozlov with a "USA" chant, but Kozlov shoved Jesse into the ropes and took him down with a leg sweep. Striker with the 1980s-era commentary that Kozlov is "programmed" for victory. Kozlov with the modified Rock Bottom - the Iron Curtain - for the pin and the win. Post-match: Kozlov slipped to the floor and took the mic. He's annoyed. He said like six words. Kozlov dropped the mic and walked off.

WINNER: Kozlov in 1:30. Your basic squash to reinforce Kozlov's dominance. It's actually kind of interesting and fun when Kozlov takes the mic. You never know what he'll say and that unpredictability makes him more interesting than your average big man of few words. (n/a)

3 -- ECW champion CHRISTIAN vs. MARK HENRY (w/Tony Atlas) -- non-title match

Christian knocked the sweat off Henry's brow early on with some palm thrusts, but Henry knocked him down with a boot to the face. Christian came back with his signature pendulum kick out of the corner, then he tried a sunset flip, but Henry blocked. Henry tried to sit down on Christian's face, but Christian moved. Jack Swagger suddenly stormed the ring to attack Christian. Dreamer then made the save and they clotheslined Swagger to the outside. On cue, ECW GM Tiffany came out and said there's been some extra involvement, so let's have a tag match. Both sides talked strategy going to break.

WINNER: Christian via DQ in 2:00. Short, painless, fine set-up for the tag match main event. (n/a)

4 -- ECW champion CHRISTIAN & TOMMY DREAMER vs. JACK SWAGGER & MARK HENRY (w/Tony Atlas)

Action was joined in progress with Christian working on Swagger. Dreamer then tagged in and worked on Swagger while Henry waited for a tag in a reversal of tag team wrestling 101. Swagger accepted a boot to the gut, but he blocked Dreamer and landed a belly-to-belly suplex to finally get Henry in the ring to put the boots to Dreamer. Swagger tagged in and Atlas told Swagger to hold Dreamer down from making that tag. Striker said he's going on record that he wants Swagger to win back the ECW Title at Judgment Day.

On cue, Swagger lost control of the match and Christian tagged in to tee off on Henry, who also tagged in. Striker equated Christian's strikes to Manny Pacquiao, but Christian chopped Henry down with a chopblock and rolling kick for a two count. Henry then clobbered Christian mid-ring and Swagger tagged back in. Swagger landed a running Vader Bomb then he put a knee in Christian's throat to inflict more punishment. Physical confrontation between Christian and Swagger led to Henry tagging in to punish Christian some more.

Well, make sure you note on the DVR for future weeks that ECW is going back to the over-run period they enjoyed during the ECW brand's initial run in the 10:00 p.m. EST timeslot. Henry and Swagger continued to exchange tags to work over Christian before Christian nailed a reverse DDT out of the corner. Swagger cut off Christian's hot tag attempt with a front facelock, but Christian countered into a backbreaker across his knee. Dreamer then reached out for a tag and Dreamer went after Swagger before knocking Henry off the apron.

Dreamer landed a neckbreaker, then he did the full-arm-extension ECW pose. Dreamer with a bulldog out of the corner for a two count, then Dreamer put Swagger up top before hanging him upside down. Henry tried to break it up, but Henry accidentally smashed Swagger in the corner. Christian then dropkicked Henry to the outside and he wanted a splash, but Henry caught him in mid-air. No matter for Dreamer, who nailed a cannonball dive onto Christian's back to knock down Henry. Sweet move. It took too long, though, as Dreamer missed with a corner splash on Swagger, who used the distraction to remove the turnbuckle pad and send Dreamer into the exposed steel. Swagger then scooped up Dreamer and gave him the gutwrench powerbomb for the pin and the win. Swagger posed in the corner to close the show five minutes past the top of the hour.

WINNERS: Swagger & Henry in 10:00. Nice little tag match main event. A bit slow at times, but Swagger kept it interesting weaving in some impressive-looking matholds. Dreamer's cannonball dive onto Henry was unique and fit the storyline well of Swagger having a one-up on Dreamer, and in this case, Christian as well to set up their ECW Title match at the PPV. (**1/4)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #204 on: May 07 2009, 12:13 am »
Ring of Honor Results: 5-2-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed to in-ring results only (Note that this show marked the appearance of The Nature Boy Ric Flair)

1 -- CHRIS HERO (w/Shane Hagadorn and Sara Del Rey) vs. KENNY OMEGA

Hero was back in long trunks (with a Camo design) after experimenting with traditional black trunks. After a brief feeling-out process, Omega took Hero to the floor and nailed a dive to the outside. Back in the ring, Omega nailed a top rope cross-body splash for a two count. Hero then took the advantage and used a distraction from Sara Del Rey to smash Omega with the loaded elbow pad for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Hero in 5:00. Just a match to establish two characters since there wasn't an issue on the line. Focus was on Hero's heel tactics using the loaded elbow pad. Okay match, but not memorable since there wasn't an issue and they were only given five minutes. (*1/4)

2 -- BRODIE LEE (w/Jimmy Jacobs) vs. NECRO BUTCHER

Necro brought a chair to the ring. Obviously they went with the "no wrestling holds" pre-match discussion to differentiate the match from ROH's strict adherence to rules for regular matches. Match started on the floor with Necro blasting Brodie with repeat chair shots. Match eventually moved into the ring to officially start the match...with a wrestling hold. What gives?! Jacobs then hopped on the apron to run interference, but Necro bumped Lee into Jacobs on accident. Bell sounded early. Necro then rolled up Lee from behind for the pin and the win. Bell sounded again.

WINNER: Necro in 3:00 official minutes. They raised expectations too high by promising no wrestling holds. Instead, they tried to have a wrestling match. Ugh. (n/a)

3 -- ERICK STEVENS vs. SAL RINAURO

Prazak said in wrestle-speak that Stevens needs to stop facing jobbers and face tougher competition in ROH to prove himself. Stevens ran over Sal in the corner before he made Hogewood shout for joy with the Doctor Bomb for the win. So, I guess that's Aggressive, Unstoppable, and Runaway Train from the Buzz Words.

WINNER: Stevens in 1:00. Squash to establish Stevens's buzz words. Basic deal, but fine. (n/a)

4 -- AUSTIN ARIES vs. RODERICK STRONG

Neither man gained an advantage early on as they slowly built an even battle for the match. Aries had the first offensive flurry with a series of armdrags. Strong came back, then Aries offered a handshake truce, but Double-A slapped Strong across the chest when Strong nearly took the bait. Aries began his offensive attack with his heel mannerisms to keep the action interesting until Strong made his comeback with a dropkick for a two count. Strong ripped off a series of trademark chops before nailing a backbreaker for another nearfall. Action moved to the floor and Aries connected with a suicide dive on the floor to cut off Strong's momentum.

At 10:00, Aries went back on the offensive. Strong cut him right off, though, and landed an enziguiri kick in the corner for another close pin attempt. Aries blocked a clothesline attempt, then he slowly built his offensive advantage again. Strong caught Aries out of the corner for a gutbuster, though, and landed a trademark leaping kick before slapping on the Boston Crab. Aries reached the ropes for a break, then Strong slapped the hold on again. Aries broke again, then Strong wanted a butterfly suplex, but Aries countered into a clothesline. Strong tried to block a suplex attempt, but Aries executed his brainbuster suplex for the clean pin and the win to prove himself to Ric Flair.

WINNER: Aries in 15:00. Aries is such a great heel and he truly stands out in ROH for having a character that fans can relate to: either they like him for being a good character or can't stand him because he's a cocky, arrogant heel. The match itself was okay, but didn't move out of first gear. I've seen better Aries matches and I've seen better Strong matches. ROH still hasn't addressed the lack of crowd involvement on their TV broadcasts. The audience is so far removed from the action both vocally and visually inside the darkened arena that the action looks like it's occurring inside a studio box.(**3/4)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #205 on: May 08 2009, 05:03 pm »
WWE Superstars Results: 5-7-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- SANTINA & KELLY KELLY vs. BETH PHOENIX & ROSA MENDEZ

Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler took over commentary. Cole: "Beth said dating Santino was like dating a child, and I'm sure, King, you can see what Beth Phoenix is talking about." Lawler said, "Just because my wife had a marriage license before they had a driver's license, what are you talking about?" After getting kicked in the butt, Santina walked it off and got some laughs. A few minutes of decent action and more comedy spots ended with Kelly pinning Mendez.

WINNERS: Phoenix & Mendez in 4:00

2 -- ZACH RYDER vs. FINLAY

Josh Matthews and Matt Striker called this. Ryder debuted his new look here, which is going to make D.J. Gabriel upset. He acted like Brian Christopher of Too Cool fame with his body language and mannerisms. His gimmick is that he's worried about his spiked jelled hair being messed up. Finlay messed it up to make him angry. Then he slapped him after he mouthed off at him. Finlay caught Ryder in the ring apron when Ryder flipped over the top rope onto him. Striker said Ryder has gotten very cocky ever since his early success in WWE. He said his own face is his screen saver.

Ryder got control at 3:00 after some ringside action, but Finlay avoided a charge in the corner and then gave him a Celtic Cross.

WINNER: Finlay in 3:00.

STAR RATING: 1/2* -- Not a lot to it. Why give Ryder a make-over and new gimmick only to job him to a 50 year old mid-carder in his relaunch?

3 -- CHRIS JERICHO vs. JOHN MORRISON

This is an interesting match on a number of levels. Can Morrison look like a potential main event singles wrestler against one of the shortest WWE PPV headliners in Jericho? He looked smaller than Jericho all around, slightly shorter and definitely thinner than the thickish Jericho, but just big enough to look like he's in the same weight division. Morrison clotheslined Jericho over the top rope to the floor early. Back in the ring Jericho took over at 2:00. He slapped Morrison a couple times, so Morrison fired back with a barrage of punches. Jericho knocked Morrison to the floor as they cut to a break at 4:00.

Morrison made a comeback at 7:00, hitting a clothesline and a flying leg clothesline, then a running knee to the face for a two count. Ross touted how this match is a testament to how well Smackdown did in the draft. At 8:00 Jericho applied a Walls of Jericho, but Jericho quickly grabbed the bottom rope to force a break. He then tossed Jericho crotch-first into the corner and hit a split-legged corkscrew springboard moonsault. Spectacular. Near fall followed. Jericho came back briefly, but Morrison scored another near fall with a bodyblock. Jericho fired back with an enzuigiri for a two count of his own at 10:00. Morrison hit a springboard roundkick to Jericho's face. Shelton Benjamin's music interrupted. He appeared on the big screen and he said: "Remember me? Now that I have your attention, gotcha!" Jericho surprised the distracted Morrison with a Code Breaker for the win.

WINNER: Jericho in 11:00.

STAR RATING: **1/4 -- Okay match. It seemed a bit meandering early in that there was no sense of urgency in the early minutes, but it picked up into a solid match in the final minutes. It'd be nice to know if we're supposed to cheer for Morrison or not. Is Shelton heelish for distracting him? Or are fans supposed be glad Morrison was distracted into a loss? Casting heros and villains goes a long way.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #206 on: May 08 2009, 05:10 pm »
TNA Impact! Results: 5-7-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- CONSEQUENCES CREED (w/Black Machismo) vs. SUICIDE -- Non-Title Match

Don West made his case why he believed Suicide was Daniels. Tenay was less skeptical and accused West of buying into anything Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley say. Nice action in the early few minutes, which also counted as the "last few minutes." Suicide won with a double knee jaw jammer off the middle rope.

WINNER: Suicide in 3:00.

STAR RATING: 3/4* -- A nice three minute start to a full-fledged match.

2 -- MATT MORGAN vs. SAL E. BOY & BIG ROCCO

Morgan wiggled his pecs like it was 1989. He tossed the rotund Rocco across the ring and then chokeslammed him. West touted his raw power and said the Mafia might see this and want to utilize Morgan to watch their backs. Rocco jumped Morgan from behind. Morgan slammed Rocco off the top rope, then finished Sal with the Carbon Footprint in 2:00.

WINNER: Morgan in 2:00.

STAR RATING: 1/4*

3 -- BEER MONEY INC. (James Storm & Robert Roode) vs. JETHRO HOLIDAY & ERIC YOUNG

As the match began, Tenay said: "Recently well-known commentator Jim Ross that within the wrestling business today he does not see red-hot tag team wrestling returning anytime soon." Ray said, "If tag team wrestling is not a priority in the company that Jim Ross works for, then shame on them. Tag team wrestling is definitely a priority in TNA." It's good to see TNA accentuating a difference between them and WWE like this, and the mention of Ross directly certainly perked up some ears. Ray touted Rob Terry as a monster newcomer as part of the new British Invasion tag team. West said he backs Team 3D in this tag tournament concept. At 3:00 Beer Money double-teamed Holiday for a near fall. Ray said TNA is the one place in wrestling where tag team competition thrives. Young climbed to the top rope and hit a legdrop on Storm. Roode broke up the pin. Beer Money finished Young with their DWI (Driving While Investing) finisher. Ray and Devon stood up and applauded them for their win. Ray said they took the next step and they're proud of them. Beer Money looked at them skeptically. Not sure what's up with Team 3D being so supportive, in a borderline patronizing way, of Beer Money.

WINNER: Beer Money Inc. in 4:00.

STAR RATING: *

3 -- VELVET SKY (w/Angelina Love) vs. AWESOME KONG (w/Ryesha Saeed)

Tenay talked about Kong talking on Impact for the first time ever. The ref sent the seconds to the back. Kong gave Sky an Implant Buster. "Beautiful implants, by the way," West said. Kong gave her a second Implant Buster. West gave Kong a hard time for doing it two more times. She put Sky on a stretcher, but before the ref count count to ten, Kong gave her another Implant Buster, and another. She dragged her onto the stretcher and the ref quickly counted toward ten. At seven, Kongs tepped him and gave her an Awesome Bomb. Some fans chanted, "One more time!" The ref counted to ten.

WINNER: Kong in 3:00.

STAR RATING: 1/4* -- I know they want to build Kong up as a killer dominant force, but there's nobody else in the division being treated as being even in her league.

4 -- SAMOA JOE & JEFF JARRETT & A.J. STYLES & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & MICK FOLEY vs. KEVIN NASH & BOOKER T & KURT ANGLE & STING & SCOTT STEINER

West said this is the first time ever all five Mafia members have teamed together. Daniels opened against Steiner. Angle tagged in against Daniels at 1:00. Styles then relieved Daniels and took early control on Angle. Angle raked Styles's eyes to stop him, then tagged in Booker. West touted the trust the Mafia have in each other, unlike their opponents. He said people pay to see the Mafia, not anyone else. They cut to a break as Booker went for a pin on Styles.

Nash beat on Styles after the break. Sting tagged in seconds later. West touted the rapid tag strategy of the MEM. Steiner and Booker took turns, too. Joe broke up a pin on Styles, showing a sign of loyalty toward Styles. Angle held Styles center-ring and went for an Angle Slam. Styles ducked and hit the Pele Kick. Styles tagged in Foley, who gave Sting a neckbreaker. Angle surprised Foley from behind with a back suplex. Jarett jumped in and gave Angle a quick Pedigree. Nash went for a Jackknife on Jarrett. Joe broke it up with a running boot, knocking Nash to the floor. Joe dove through the ropes onto Nash. Styles and Daniels dove onto Steiner and Booker. Angle brought the barbed wire baseball bat into the ring. Jarrett low-blowed Angle. Foley then yanked the bat away from Jarrett. Jarrett shoved Foley and kicked him in the crotch, then gave him a Stroke on the barbed wire. Sting then covered Foley for the win, getting himself entered in the Sacrifice main event.

WINNER: MEM in 10:00.

STAR RATING: *1/2 -- Okay for what it was. It wasn't much of a ten-man tag when Styles was in 90 percent for one team and the MEM members were in for only a few seconds at at time. It served it's purpose, but they could have given it more time so it felt less like an angle disguised as a main event match. They heated up the Jarrett-Foley rivalry while giving the first hint that Joe might be a loyal teammate after all.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Okay edition of Impact. More good than bad, but nothing great or terrible (although Morgan vs. the security guys came close). It advanced some storylines effectively with a big announcement at the end, although I doubt many are going to buy that this will be Sting's final match.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #207 on: May 09 2009, 11:03 pm »
WWE Smackdown Results: 5-8-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Park's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1- R-TRUTH vs. MIKE KNOX

Ross said Truth enters the arena like Grisham enters catering- charismatically. I for one would like to see that. Grisham talked about when he broadcasted for ECW and how Knox, who was on the brand at one time, blew through the competition there. Did Grish even announce ECW while Knox was there?

Truth got the advantage for the first 45 seconds or so, then made the mistake of playing to the fans. Truth’s offense looked pretty good. Truth made a comeback, and he took Knox off his feet with a dropkick to the knee followed by a scissors kick. That got a two-count. The ref backed Truth out of the corner and Knox used the opportunity to hit a bicycle kick on Truth. Knox Out finished it.

WINNER: Knox, at 2:44. I thought this would pretty much be a squash, but Truth got a lot of offense in. Match was nice and crisp.

2- MICHELLE MCCOOL vs. GAIL KIM

I’m still not sure what the relationship between Fox and McCool is. McCool showed off for the fans after taking Kim down. Kim got the advantage and whipped McCool into the ropes, but Michelle slid out of the ring. Fox got knocked to the floor by Kim while she went after McCool. Michelle regained control inside the ring. Head-scissors applied by McCool. Kim built some offensive momentum and flung herself right into Michelle’s mid-section in the corner. Blockbuster (and call such by JR) by Kim off the top for two. Kim went for a hurricanrana, but Michelle hold on and hit the Faith Breaker (Styles Clash) for the win.

WINNER: McCool, at 3:14. One of the better women’s matches as of late. Still hate the name of her finisher though.

3- JOHN MORRISON vs. CHARLIE HAAS

Haas had the old WGTT theme and was accompanied to the ring by Shelton Benjamin. Shelton took a seat at the announce desk, but didn’t join the commentators. Haas hit some hard right hands as Shelton cheered him on. JR and Grisham talked about Haas’ previous gimmick of pretending to be other people. Springboard dropkick off the top by Morrison for two. Hard whip into the turnbuckle by Haas. Haas looks like he found a mean streak. Butterfly suplex by Haas for two. Textbook tilt-a-whirl backbreaker by Haas for another two-count. Morrison came back with kicks and punches. Knee to the face by Morrison, followed by a split-legged corkscrew moonsault for the win.

WINNER: Morrison, at 4:35. Fun little match. I’ve always been a Haas fan, but he hasn’t improved the main knock on him, which is his inability to get the crowd into his matches.

4- CM PUNK vs. EDGE

Punk worked over the arm of Edge and ended up dumping the champ to ringside. Punk hit a suicide dive onto Edge. Punk missed a move off the top but landed on his feet, only to get booted down by Edge. Full-Nelson applied by Edge. Punk got Edge on his shoulders for the GTS, but Edge rolled back and had both of Punk’s arms hooked. The two men both went for a cross-body and they collided in mid-air. Running knee-lift by Punk, then a heel kick. Springboard clothesline got the MITB holder a two-count. Punk missed a running knee though and Edge seemed to be looking for an electric chair. Punk rolled up Edge for two. Knee in the corner by Punk and he got Edge on his shoulders again for the GTS, but Edge held the rope. Edge missed a spear and went flying out of the ring. Edge opted not to return to the match.

WINNER: Punk, via count-out, at 6:23. Smart decision there by Edge- nothing for him to gain in this match and everything to lose.

After the match, Umaga came out of the crowd and gave Punk a superkick, then a spinning side slam. Samoan Spike put Punk out.

5- DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. THE GREAT KHALI

Ziggler tried to talk Khali out of the match. Ziggler tried a shoulder-block to no avail. He ran the ropes again and was met with a clothesline. Hard chop in the corner by Khali. Khali missed a kick and was hung up on the top rope. Ziggler kicked at Khali’s legs, but Khali shoved him off. Ziggler grabbed a steel chair from ringside and nailed Khali in the leg with the chair, drawing a DQ. He hit him a couple more times in the leg and back.

WINNER: Khali, by DQ, at 1:15.

-Edge came out to do guest commentary for the main event.

6- JEFF HARDY vs. CHRIS JERICHO

Jericho got the advantage to start, but Hardy speared him and pounded away. They continued the back-and-forth action. Hardy looked to put Jericho away early, but Jericho left the ring to take a breather. Rey Mysterio then came out and stayed at ringside to support Hardy. Jeff went after Jericho outside the ring and brought him back in. Jericho missed a dive in the corner and fell out of the ring. Hardy whipped him into the barricade, then propelled himself off the stairs. Unfortunately, Jericho moved and Hardy took a nasty-looking bump into the barricade. The ref started counting Jeff out and he got up to nine, but Hardy made it back in. Jericho immediately went for a cover but only got two, taking the show into the last commercial break.

Jericho was still on offense out of break. Edge seemed perturbed by Rey’s presence at ringside, even though both he and Edge were cheering for Hardy in this match. Short clothesline by Hardy as both men were down. Hardy went for Whisper in the Wind but slipped on the top rope. Jericho looked like he was going to trip Hardy up anyway on it, but Jeff slipped before he could get there. Then again, he did hit it after fighting off Jericho on the top rope, so who knows. Jericho applied the Walls of Jericho. Jeff reached the ropes, much to the relief of Edge on commentary. Face-first suplex by Jeff after he made it back to his feet. Hardy to the top, but he missed the Swanton. Lionsault by Jericho found the mark for two. Y2J missed an enziguiri, but Jeff missed a Twist of Fate and Jericho tried to lock in the Walls again. Inside cradle by Jeff, countered by Jericho and both got near-falls off of it. Jericho clotheslined Hardy over the top rope and both men went to the outside. Jericho threw Hardy over the announce table and into Edge. Jericho tossed Hardy back in to the ring, garnering a two-count. Edge got on the apron and had a few words for Jericho. Roll-up by Hardy for two. I thought it was over there. Hardy walked into a boot in the corner- Jericho rolled up Hardy and put his feet on the ropes. The ref didn’t see it, but Rey did, and he got the ref’s attention. Jericho yelled at Rey then was met with a Twist of Fate. Swanton finished Jericho off.

WINNER: Hardy, at 15:20. Good match and I liked the dynamic of Rey and Edge on the outside too. It actually added to the match rather than detracted from it.

After the match, Edge backed up the ramp as Hardy came toward him. Edge went to the back and Jeff stuck around to soak in the fans’ applause. Back in the ring, Jericho turned around and right into a Seated Senton by Rey. Rey celebrated to end the show.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #208 on: May 12 2009, 01:54 pm »
WWE RAW Results: 5-11-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- BATISTA vs. TED DIBIASE, JR. & CODY RHODES

Match was joined in progress with Batista working over DiBiase. Cody then tagged in and took control momentarily while Lawler filled us in that Shane McMahon is still at a medical facility with a crushed leg. Batista fired up a comeback with a clothesline on Cody before giving him a high back body drop. Batista booted DiBiase off the apron, then he booted Cody to the floor. Cody and DiBiase then ran interference and Cody slid a chair into the ring. Batista picked it up and swung wildly, but Cody moved. Ref saw Batista with chair in hand and called for a DQ. Batista was furious while Cody and Ted celebrated their victory by out-smarting Batista.

WINNERS: Cody & Ted via DQ at 4:05 of TV time. Predicable finish to set up Batista in a three-on-one handicap match later in the show. You can probably count on one hand the number of times Ted or Cody have won matches clean in WWE, but WWE has invested considerable TV time in the duo and given them "center of attention" status with Randy Orton, so their time will come down the line when WWE presents them as credible acts who are capable of actually winning matches. (*)

2 -- Divas champion MARYSE & JILLIAN HALL vs. MICKIE JAMES & KELLY KELLY

Match built to Mickie taking the hot tag to clean house on Jillian and Maryse, who she's gunning for the title. Jillian tried to sneak-attack Mickie, but Kelly knocked her to the floor and nailed a splash. Back in the ring, Mickie grappled Maryse and nailed her trademark DDT for the pin and the win.

WINNERS: Mickie & Kelly at 3:45. Good to see them given a decent amount of time tonight. Good program build for Mickie finally getting her Divas title shot against Maryse after two straight pins over the champ. (*)

3 -- Unified tag champion CARLITO vs. THE BRIAN KENDRICK

Carlito nailed a quick dropkick right off the bat. Cole filled in the blanks that TBK requested the re-match after his loss last week. Cole and Lawler said the tag champs have a "special clause" to be able to defend the tag titles on any of the three brands. If they lose, their services are returned to the Raw brand. Kendrick scouted a springboard smash and ran up behind Carlito to shove him into the ropes. Kendrick then blocked the backcracker and shoved Carlito hard into the ringpost. Kendrick suddenly rolled up Carlito from behind for a quick pin for the win.

WINNER: The Brian Kendrick at 1:44. Kendrick gets a win. Good to see that. Hopefully WWE has a decent partner in mind for Kendrick so investing TV time in this program doesn't become a total waste. Of course, WWE has invested a total of five minutes in this mini-feud over the course of two weeks. (n/a)

4 -- JOHN CENA vs. THE MIZ -- Special Exhibition Match

No referee for this one, so we start the clock with the official square-off between Cena and Miz. Cena took Miz down then shot Show a look. Miz made Cena pay for not keeping his eye on the ball, as he went right to the injured ribs. Miz screamed at Cena to look at him, then he pounded on him some more with kicks to the gut. Miz nailed a running clothesline in the corner, but he missed with a second clothesline. Cena made his traditional comeback with the clotheslines, sit-out slam, and Five Knuckle Shuffle. He then called for the end while staring down Show, but Vickie Guerrero came on screen and said she's putting an end to this exhibition. Vickie declared that it's obvious Cena has no chance against Big Show.

Post-match: Miz grappled Cena from behind and gave him a DDT in center ring. Miz declared himself the victor with a record of 3-0. Miz then ducked out of the ring and applauded himself for his efforts. Big Show then approached the ring, smiled, and walked away without doing anything.

WINNER: No Decision at 2:47. Just a segment to set up Cena vs. Show at Judgment Day. Good use of Miz, even if he wasn't in a position of control before Vickie ended things, but he was positioned well after the heelish sneak attack on Cena. I like Miz's first three weeks on the Raw brand. (n/a)

5 -- SANTINA MARELLA vs. BETH PHOENIX (w/Rosa Mendes)

Crowd chanted for "Santina" after the opening bell. Beth landed an abrupt elbow smash after a little posing from Santina. Beth then clotheslined Santina over the top rope to the floor. She followed with a press slam through the ropes back into the ring. Beth then slapped on an abdominal stretch before putting him/her in the Masterlock. Cole rhetorically asked how long this feud has been going on for, and he suggested two months. More like two years. Beth had enough and blasted Santina with elbow strikes, but Santina rolled her up for a surprise pin and the win.

WINNER: Santina at 2:40. Just an attempt at comedy to fill a slot on the show. So many other wrestlers who could be receiving TV time after the Draft and WWE continues to focus on this well-played-out storyline. (n/a)

6 -- U.S. champion MVP & KOFI KINGSTON vs. WILLIAM REGAL & MATT HARDY

Match was joined in progress with Regal working over Kofi. Meanwhile, Matt used the loaded cast from the ring apron to cut off Kofi's comeback attempt. Matt then tagged in and worked with jeans and white sneakers on before tagging out to Regal.

Kofi countered a Regal mat attack with a head scissors and made the hot tag to MVP, who unloaded on Regal with forearm smashes. MVP landed a big right hand before dropping him across his knee and firing up the crowd. MVP wanted the Big Ballin' elbow drop and he connected. Matt broke up a pin attempt, then Kofi kicked Matt in the cast. Kofi measured Matt for a splash, but Regal chucked Kofi over the top rope to the floor. MVP then tackled Regal in the ring. Meanwhile, Matt took off up the ramp and clear out of sight. Matt then delivered the Chono Boot and Playmaker on Regal for the pin and the win. Lawler played down the babyface victory, saying it was two men beating on one.

WINNERS: MVP & Kofi at 6:26. Babyfaces really didn't benefit since, as Lawler pointed out, they won with an unfair advantage. Overall, just a match to officially start the in-ring portion of the MVP vs. Regal feud, promote Hardy's whiny heel character, and allow Kofi to fly around the ring to show off athleticism. A bit sloppy at times trying to mix all of those elements together. (*1/4)

7 -- WWE champion RANDY ORTON & CODY RHODES & TED DIBIASE, JR. vs. BATISTA -- officially a handicap match

Bell sounded to start with a one-on-one match with DiBiase and Rhodes nowhere to be found. Batista clotheslined Orton to the floor, then Orton tried to "slither" away from the ringside area, but Batista pulled him back to the floor and tossed him into the ring for a spinebuster. Batista then went to the floor and grabbed a steel chair. Batista then smashed Orton with the chair to earn another DQ tonight.

Post-match: Batista went to work on Orton by smashing his ankle just like Orton did to Shane McMahon last week. Batista landed chair shots to the back some more, then he went to the floor and grabbed the ring steps. Well, they were stuck, so he violently kicked them to force separation. Batista landed another chair shot on Orton's ankle, stared down the ref, then chucked the chair out of the ring. Batista then lifted up the steel steps, but Cody Rhodes stormed the ring. Batista easily gave him the Batista bomb, though. Ted DiBiase then snuck into the ring from behind and attacked Batista. Orton tried to sneak back in with an RKO, but Batista flung him away. Batista speared DiBiase out of his boots, then Batista picked up the ring steps and chucked them at Orton, who dodged the steps on the floor while selling an ankle injury. "Batista has snapped!" Cole declared.

WINNER: Orton via DQ at 0:58. Conclusion of a wild storyline to set up Batista being in control leading to the PPV with Orton in jeopardy of losing the title. It means a very strong probablity Orton is retaining on Sunday, but a good way to plant seeds of the heel champion being in jeopardy to encourage WWE fans to potentially become PPV buyers to see Orton get his full comeuppance for his dastardly deeds the past few weeks. (n/a)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #209 on: May 13 2009, 04:23 pm »
ECW on SciFi Results: 5-12-09

1 -- TOMMY DREAMER vs. MARK HENRY (w/Tony Atlas)

Henry went right for the back to begin his attack. He squeezed the life out of Dreamer before putting a boot on his throat to squeeze the air out of his lungs. Announcers were snoozing on the job as Henry continued his methodical attack. Dreamer blocked a corner splash with a boot, then went to the second rope, but Henry caught him in mid-air for a bear hug that he turned into a brick wall splash. Henry measured Dreamer for an elbow, but Dreamer moved and dropkicked Henry in the knees to take him off his feet for the first time. Dreamer then landed a running dropkick in the corner and nailed a DDT. He made the cover, but Henry put his big ol' foot on the bottom rope to block a three count. Dreamer tried to follow with a small package, but Henry blocked by sitting down on Dreamer's forearm. He followed with the World's Strongest Slam for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Henry in 5:00. Dreamer had his standard "moment of brilliance" to look half-way credible against Henry, but we knew how this was going down with Henry taking the victory and Dreamer's quest to the ECW Title continuing to be derailed. Announcers took a nap on this one. (*)

2 -- TYSON KIDD vs. FINLAY

Finlay started on the offensive, then Kidd applied an ankle hold. Finlay suddenly came back with a crazy-looking double ankle lock hold where he snapped Kidd's back off the ground across his knee. I don't know what that was, but it was awesome. Kidd tried to recover on the outside, then Finlay gave chase and Kidd smashed him into the apron. Finlay then pulled the trick by catching Kidd inside the ring apron. He took too long rolling Kidd back into the ring, so Kidd dropkicked him through the ropes. Nice back-and-forth action with them going to break with Kidd in control.

Back from break, Kidd was still on control with a mat hold looking for a submission. "Ask him, ref, ask him!" Put it on a t-shirt already. Kidd worked the left shoulder. "Ask him. Ask him, ref. I'll break his arm!" So great watching and listening to Kidd work a mat hold. Kidd then took his shoulder hold into a twisting drop across his knee. Nice. Finlay was apparently fired up from being one-upped in the innovative hold department, so he fired off a round of clotheslines. He hit the Rolling Hills drop, but Kidd kicked out. Finlay then wanted the Celtic Cross, but D.H. Smith jumped into the ring and smashed Finlay for a DQ.

Post-match: Here we go. They're calling him David Hart Smith, by the way. Smith looking huge. Not in a steroid-huge looking way, though. A more "physically-imposing heel" kind of a way. He beat up on Finlay and beat him up some more before Finlay tried to make a comeback. Kidd then snuck in behind with the shillelagh and smashed Finlay in the knees. Smith then chucked Finlay to the floor and sent him head-first into the announce table. Back in the ring, Smith and Kidd set up the Hart Attack old school combo from Bret and Neidhart. Natalya then showed up and raised the arms of Kidd and Hart to officially announce the new Hart Foundation. Crowd booed them heavily. Good to see them generating heat for this. Hart Foundation v.2 then walked out of the ring in celebration.

WINNER: Finlay via DQ in 10:00. Solid TV match leading to the excellent post-match angle to give ECW a new stable and a new program they can really work with to create compelling TV. Smith looked very good, but we'll see how he looks in the ring in future weeks. (**)

3 -- KOZLOV vs. CHAD COLLYER

Plenty of "Cold War" references to Kozlov from Striker to bring us back to 1982. Striker said Russian PM Vladimir Putin is a huge Kozlov fan. He then threw in a line about U.S. president Obama, calling him "the Communist in the White House." He followed by muttering something under his breath about having to say it. Kozlov easily finished off the punching bag with the Iron Curtain slam for the win.

Post-match: Mathews entered the ring to interview Kozlov. What sets you apart from the other WWE stars? Kozlov said he's trained by Russian Sambo fighters, which makes him superior with great comb-in-a-tion skills and disc-i-pline. He said Russians always dominate inter-nat-ional comp-e-tion. He will eliminate everyone in E-C-double-u. And that darn punching bag better not show up next week.

WINNER: Kozlov in 1:00. Just a squash to establish Kozlov as a threat to the American way of life and all that patriotic business from 1982. Holding pattern for Kozlov before he's pushed into the ECW Title picture. (n/a)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #210 on: May 15 2009, 11:57 am »
WWE Superstars Results: 5-14-09

1 -- IC champion REY MYSTERIO vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN -- non-title match

Shelton and Rey locked up and Shelton tossed Rey to the outside. Morrison said Shelton could be great if he got his head on straight. Back in the ring, Shelton kicked Rey in the gut, but Rey switched a waistlock into chucking Shelton to the floor. Rey then flew off the apron with a huracanrana taking Shelton clear down to the mat. Morrison liked the athleticism. Back in the ring, Rey wanted a finish, but Shelton blocked with a gutbuster across his knee. Rey's ribcage took the worst of that.

Shelton then knocked Rey to the mat to help him some buy some time. Back in the ring, Shelton grabbed a waistlock back in the ring, then Rey fought back with elbow strikes after catching his breath. Rey then set up Shelton for a 619, but Shelton came to his feet and kicked Rey right out of the ring to the floor. Grab a break with Rey in jeopardy.

Back from break, Shelton was stretching Rey mid-ring. He then chucked Rey high in the air and covered him for a two count. Shelton then slapped on a seated ab stretch to continue working on Rey's mid-section. At 10:00, Rey kicked back with a strike to the stomach before Shelton ran him over with a knee to the gut. Shelton continued to work the mid-section as the fans tried to rally behind Rey. Rey came up holding his right knee following that previous gut to the knee, by the way, then he tried going up top, but Shelton hung him upside down.

Shelton tried to charge for a splash, but Rey back-flipped out of the way and positioned himself up top for a sentaun splash. Rey then nailed a twisting press off the second rope for a two count. He wanted the wheel barrow, but Shelton blocked with a German suplex for a close call. Rey then nailed a sweet Tornado DDT off Shelton's shoulders before setting up the 619 and connecting. Rey then sprung to his feet and nailed the springboard splash for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Rey Mysterio in 14:00. Looks like that bad knee crept up on Rey again, as he was favoring the knee at the end of the match. Excellent TV match, though. Great action and athleticism. Both men really delivered a stand-out performance and Shelton continues to look better and better when given more "multiple-segment" matches to complete stories in the ring. (***)

2 -- ECW champion CHRISTIAN vs. MARK HENRY (w/Tony Atlas) -- non-title match

Henry shoved Christian down after their initial lock-up, then Henry smiled down at Christian. Henry drove Christian into the corner before stomping him down. Henry continued to assault Christian, who finally dipped out of the ring to make Henry exert energy going in and out of the ring. Christian then dropkicked Henry through the ropes and they cut to break.

Back from break, Henry was back in control working over Christian on the mat. He then slapped on a bear hug until Christian broke free, only to have Henry squash him in the corner. Striker said Jack Swagger must love what he sees with Christian being softened up for J-Day. Henry missed with a second splash attempt, then Christian fired up with clotheslines that rocked Henry but didn't knock him off his feet. Christian went up top for a second dropkick and Henry finally fell, but Henry press-slammed Christian out of a pin attempt. Love that kick-out spot. Christian tried the Killswitch, but Henry blocked and clotheslined him inside-out.

Battle moved to the top turnbuckle where Christian attempted a Tornado DDT, but Henry pulled him down to the mat. Henry then missed with a sit-down butt splash and ate the mat. Christian followed with a turnaround splash from the second rope and covered Henry for a pin and the win.

WINNER: Christian in 10:00. Really nice match, actually. They had good chemistry and the announcers really did a nice job of selling the idea of Henry softening up Christian for the ECW Title match against Swagger. Good team work all-around. (**)

3 -- BIG SHOW vs. HORNSWOGGLE -- Exhibition Match

Bell sounded. Ref was in the ring for this Exhibition Match unlike Cena's on Raw. Show walked right up to Hornswoggle and milked the impending destruction. Show then lifted up Horny and teased press-slamming him to all four corners of the ring. He then opted just to place Horny on the top rope. Show then went down to the mat and invited Hornswoggle to nail the tadpole splash. Horny didn't know what to do, so he slowly positioned himself and went for the finish, but Show moved out of the way and stared down Hornswoggle. He then put Show on the top rope again and Show teased the big right hand strike.

Suddenly, Goldust's music hit. Wha? Goldust made the save and went after Show for a DQ. Oddities v.2? Show thwarted Goldust' save and nailed a chokeslam in center ring. Horny was on the floor by now. Show then put Goldust in a Camel Clutch and wrenched down on his back. Horny couldn't do anything about it before Show finally dropped the hold and left the ring. Hornswoggle then entered the ring and checked on Goldust, who sold a back injury. Show dominant going into J-Day against Cena. One last shot of Hornswoggle agonizing over Goldust to close the show.

WINNER: Big Show via DQ in 3:00. Could have used a cameo from Cena to reinforce the Show-Cena match, but an okay effort to promote J-Day. Goldust and Hornswoggle together ... Well, it is WWE. (n/a)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #211 on: May 16 2009, 09:27 am »
TNA Impact! Results: 5-14-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (dorect link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- CHRIS SABIN (w/Alex Shelley) vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

Lots of high-flying early on. No real build-up to the moves, though, as they were surely rushed with only a few minutes of TV time allotted to the match. Sabin in control early, and West said Daniels must be worn out doing double-duty as Daniels and Suicide. Ask.com question: "What name did A.J. Styles first wrestle as?" Two minutes in, Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed came out on stage for a closer look. West accused Daniels of fraud by trying to pick up two paychecks. Well, just check the address on Suicide's tax return.

West started complaining about Jeff Jarrett overload while Daniels made a comeback. He knee-stomped Sabin to the mat before landing an STO. West snapped to attention that they just saw the STO on Impact last week from Suicide. Daniels wanted Angel's Wings, but Shelley broke it up. Incompetent ref wasn't paying attention. Sabin then nailed a springboard clothesline for a two count. Sabin tried a Tornado DDT, but Daniels blocked. Daniels knocked Shelley off the apron, then he hit a modified Rock Bottom to set up the Best Moonsault Ever on Sabin for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Daniels in 5:00. Daniels not quite as crisp as I remember him back in the day. Perhaps it's the long pants instead of the biker shorts he used to wear. Nice build-up to the Big Reveal of Suicide as Daniels...or not. (*)

2 -- SAMOA JOE vs. ERIC YOUNG

Bell sounded and Joe smashed Young. West said Young is going to learn a valuable lesson about keeping his mouth shut. Match moved to the floor where Jiggly Joe smashed Young into the ring apron before placing a chair down ringside. Joe then smashed Young by chucking the chair into Young's face. West said he has love for Joe driving the Frontline crazy. Is there still a Frontline? Back in the ring, Joe slapped on the rear naked choke and Young fought the hold. Joe finally locked it in full and Young passed out in the hold. Shady Hebner called for the bell. Tenay got around to plugging Joe vs. Kevin Nash at Sacrifice. Post-match: Joe scooped up a lifeless Young and hoisted him on his shoulders to leave the Impact Zone.

WINNER: Joe via TKO in 2:00. Squash for Joe. He seems like just another generic mid-card thug right now. Waiting for the Taz reveal to bring him back to life... (n/a)

3 -- CUTE KIP (w/Knockouts champion Angelina Love) vs. AWESOME KONG (w/Raisha Saeed)

After an initial feeling-out process, they locked up and did battle. Kong introduced a chair and cracked the chair over Kip's head. She then put the chair on Kip's head as he was on the mat and landed consecutive big splashes that freaked Angelina. Kong then put Kip on the M*A*S*H stretcher and ref Rudy did a very fast ten count to give Kong the win. Security then hauled Kip away from the ring.

WINNER: Kong in 3:00. Continuing to re-build Kong for her title match against Angelina. Standard booking and just fine. (*)

4 -- X Division champion SUICIDE & AMAZING RED vs. BRITISH INVASION (DOUG WILLIAMS & BRUTUS MAGNUS w/Rob Terry) -- Team 3D tag team tournament semi-final match

West said tongue-in-cheek Suicide looks a bit sluggish after having to change into his outfit after wrestling in the opening match. Tenay said apparently LAX lost their Feast or Fired briefcases when BI took them out of action. Well that sucks. Speaking of sucks, West ripped Jarrett for the "Day in the Life" video feature on the show. He said it's been the longest day of his life. BI was in control of the match early on, then Red snapped off a swinging front-slam to make the tag to Suicide. Match broke down with some confusion among BI that wasn't edited well. Al four men in the ring before Red took out Magnus on the floor. Back in the ring, Williams shoved Suicide down. Guns then stormed the ring and hit Suicide with a superkick combo behind the ref's back. Williams with a double knee drop on Suicide for the win.

Post-match: Guns grappled Amazing Red and gave him a double-team neckbreaker combo to send a message to Suicide. Sabin said they're going to de-mask Suicide. Suddenly, Lethal and Creed stormed the ring to square off against Guns. Who is Suicide? All four men held down Suicide, who tried to escape. They tried to take the mask off, but suddenly Christopher Daniels stormed the ring and fought off the four X Division kiddos. West said he's still convinced Daniels has been in the Suicide outfit. Tenay was so mad: "You're such an idiot. You can never admit when you're wrong." Daniels gave Creed the Angel's Wings before Daniels and Suicide had a stand-off alone in the ring. West said he will spare no expense figuring out this mess with his own investigation.

WINNERS: British Invasion in 5:00. Finals are Beer Money vs. British Invasion. Match was just there and no one will remember it. Not exactly a great example of tag wrestling TNA keeps promoting the heck out of. (3/4*)

5 -- KEVIN NASH vs. NO LIMIT -- handicap match

Bell sounded and No Limit tried to double-team Nash with some wacky moves and gestures. Nash was knocked off his feet with a missile dropkick, but Nash came back with a chokeslam. Kevin "Kenny Rogers" Nash then used the elbow brace as a weapon. He then took his time taking off the Bonds gear and gave Naito a Jackknife Powerbomb. He made the cover for the easy win.

Post-match: Nash took the mic and looked deep into the camera. He said this world runs on one thing: violence. Nash said we need it. He said there's a Nation of Violence running around TNA, but at Sacrifice, there's going to be violence all right. It's name isn't going to be Samoa Joe; the name will be Kevin Nash. Oh yeah, there's a PPV to promote. Tenay and West were too busy complaining to each other to promote Joe vs. Nash at the PPV.

WINNER: Kevin Nash in 2:00. Just a squash to give Nash some work in the ring before facing Samoa Joe next Sunday. (n/a)

6 -- JETHRO HOLLIDAY vs. BOOKER T (w/Sharmell) -- I Quit match

Bell sounded and Booker fired off a round of chops that Jethro no-sold before knocking down Booker with right hand blows. West picked up the rip-on-Styles's promo sentiment by sarcastically saying Styles doesn't have to keep playing that card about being "down and out, pull myself up by the bootstraps." Booker knocked Jethro to the outside as Jethro started to sing instead of saying I Quit. Jethro refused to Quit again, then he fought back with right hand slaps to the gut, then the chest. Booker came back with a spin kick, though. He then pounded on Jethro's forehead before Jethro talked trash about Sharmell instead of saying he quits. Booker missed with an axe kick, then Jethro hit a big boot that knocked Booker down.

Jethro returned the favor by pounding away on Booker's forehead. Booker refused to give up. "Hell no!" he shouted. Booker raked the eyes, but Jethro ran him over with an inside-out clothesline. Suddenly, Sharmell slipped a chair into the ring before running interference. Booker then popped Jethro over the head with a chair shot. Another chair shot to the head tonight. Goodness. Booker followed with an axe kick before threatening to pound him with more right hands to the forehead, but Jethro said he's done. Booker wins.

WINNER: Booker in 5:00. Actually a good TV match. Jethro looked sharp and Booker showed off his "flashes of athleticism" when needed. Jethro quitting after an axe kick was lame, but there was no way out of the finish. One of the better TV main events they've had in a while. (**)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #212 on: May 17 2009, 11:04 pm »
WWE Smackdown Results: 5-15-09

1 -- C.M. PUNK & JOHN MORRISON vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN & CHARLIE HAAS

Grisham said Morrison gave tips on having abs like his: fruit the morning, protein at night, and about a thousand sit-ups in between. Back and forth action in the early minutes. Morrison and Punk fended off a double-team attempt by the heels and knocked them to the floor as they cut to a break at 5:00.

The heels settled into offense after the break. Morrison made a comeback with elbows and then hot-tagged Punk at 12:00. Punk threw a barrage of kicks and clotheslines at Shelton. He grazed Benjamin with a kick, but Haas tagged in and overhead suplexed Punk from behind. Haas settled into a chinlock. Ross said this is the best version of Haas & Benjamin he's ever seen. When Shelton tagged in, Ross said he shouldn't go into cruise control. That may have been more than a storyline-oriented comment. Shelton stayed in control and then tagged in Haas quickly. He settled into a chinlock. Punk broke out of it by elbowing Haas, even though a ton of light was showing before he threw the elbows and he could have just backed out of it. Really lazy looking application. The pace picked up as Morrison got a hot-tag. Morrison gave Hass a knee to the head and then climbed to the top. Shelton met him at the top, but Morrison shoved him down. Punk clotheslined him to the floor and then Morrison finished Haas with a springboard corkscrew moonsault.

WINNERS: Morrison & Punk in 16:00.
STAR RATING: **1/4 -- Should have been better. Haas and Benjamin just aren't sharp or flashy relative to the more motivated, contemporary styles of Morrison and Punk. They wrestle like it's a 1992 house show.

2 -- JEFF HARDY vs. RICKY ORTIZ

During his ring intro, Ortiz said you beat half of your opponents through hard work, the other half through believing in yourself. He said to beat Hardy, he needs the crowd to "Rally Up!" for him. Ross said he sounds like a motivational speaker. Ortiz headbutted Hardy to the mat early, then went for an early pin after checking him to the mat. He got a one count. He followed with a couple flying knees and scored a two count. Ortiz settled into a chinlock. Ross said Ortiz will really be sounding his own horn if he beats Hardy tonight. Hardy caught Ortiz with an elbow as he charged at him, then hit a quick Twist of Fate and the Swanton. It was a sudden turnaround for the win.

WINNER: Hardy in 3:00.
STAR RATING: * -- Short, but good. Ortiz looked good on offense, and the sudden decisive comeback was well done.

3 -- ALICIA FOX & MICHELLE MCCOOL vs. GAIL KIM & MELINA

Has there ever been a WWE women's tag match with a Caucasian, Asian-American, African-America, and Hispanic all in the match at once. At 3:00 McCool interfered by yanking Kim off the ring apron and banging her head against the apron. The ref didn't see it. Fox broke up Melina's attempt to finish of McCool at 5:00. Kip shoved Fox into the ringside barrier. Kim powerbombed and cradled McCool center-ring for the win.

WINNER: Melina & Kim in 6:00.
STAR RATING: *1/4

4 -- JIMMY WANG YANG vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER

Ross said Wang is his favorite Asian redneck. Grisham agreed. Wang wouldn't shake Ziggler's hand, so he shoved him. Wang retaliated with a snap armdrag into an armlock. Ziggler came back with a gut-wrench slam and then a headlock. Ziggler dominated for a couple minutes, including a full nelson. He predicted Wang would tap out. He's really vocal in his matches, something Ross noted. At 4:00 Wang came back and hit a spin hook hook. He flipped off the top rope, but Ziggler moved. Wang landed on his feet, but Ziggler gave him his finisher for the win.

WINNER: Ziggler in 5:00
STAR RATING: *

5 -- R-TRUTH vs. MIKE KNOX

Ross again said Knox is a different kind of WWE athlete. He said he wears glasses and is a different person in the back and transforms in the ring. Not sure where they're going with this, if anywhere. Truth slingshot himself onto Knox on the floor at 1:00. He threw Knox back into the ring. Grisham said Truth wants championships in WWE is looking to stack up some victories. You don't hear talk of mid-carders winning matches for the purpose of earning title shots often enough. It is a little touch that gives meaning to a match like this beyond the "personal rivalry" angle. At 3:00 he scored a clean win over Knox with a spinning corkscrew elbow.

WINNER: Truth in 3:00.
STAR RATING: * -- Not a lot to the match, but what there was was solid. An interesting finish; certainly it was a vote for Truth over Knox on the totem pole of mid-carders on the rise. It's tough to push Knox as a rising killer heel if he's doing a three minute clean job to Truth. He's instead in that Snitsky category.

6 -- CHRIS JERICHO vs. EDGE

Ross said all roads on Smackdown should lead to the World Title. If that's not where you're trying to go as a wrestler, why are you even around, he said. At 3:00 Jericho tossed Edge to the floor and celebrated as if it were just a matter of time to victory.

When Jericho pursued Edge, Edge reversed him into the ringside steps. Ross said the match is a battle of egos and momentum. Edge dropped Jericho over the security wall and then rolled him into the ring and scored a two count. Jericho climbed to the top rope. Edge met him. They fought and knocked each other to the floor. They cut to a break at 5:00.

Edge scored a near fall as they returned from the break. Jericho came back and settled into a keylock into a hammerlock. Jericho slammed Edge into his arm Tully Blanchard style. Jericho shouted, "Who's show is it? Come on!" Jericho tried to score a pin with his feet on the middle rope for leverage. The ref saw it. Jericho argued with the ref for stopping his count. Edge scooped Jericho into a pin and put his lets on the middle rope, too. The ref saw that, too. Edge applied a sharpshooter. Jericho reached the bottom rope to force a break at 12:00. Jericho came back with a Boston Crab mid-ring. Ross wondered if Edge would decide to save himself for his title match on Sunday. He managed to grab the bottom rope. As Jericho argued with the ref, Edge speared him and Jericho tumbled to the floor. The ref counted to six before Jericho rolled back into the ring. Jericho grabbed a chair seconds later and brought it into the ring. Edge kicked the chair into Jericho's face. The ref called for the bell, DQing Jericho for bringing it into the ring.

WINNER: Edge via DQ in 14:00.
STAR RATING: **3/4

-Edge then picked up the chair. Jeff Hardy charged to the ring and ducked an Edge chairshot. He gave Edge a Twist of Fate onto a chair. Then he climbed to the top rope and dove onto Jericho on the floor. C.M. Punk then walked out with his briefcase and decided to cash in his briefcase. Umaga, though, went after Punk again before the bell rang. Punk knocked him out of the ring with two briefcase chots, then slingshot himself onto Umaga on the floor. Punk showed fire on the floor, but Umaga got up and gave him a chop to the throat. Hardy then went after Edge in the ring again with a spear. Edge rolled to the floor. Hardy followed and tore off his shirt as he pursued him into the crowd. Meanwhile, Jericho stood on the stage looking on. Rey attacked him from behind and pounded on his head and kicked him in the face. Grisham and Ross tried to call the chaos as they plugged that these wrestlers would all be facing each other on Sunday night. Good finish to the show, really giving a sense of intensity to the key Smackdown matches at Judgment Day.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #213 on: May 18 2009, 12:56 pm »
WWE Judgment Day PPV Results: 5-17-09

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's real-time report)

1 -- C.M. PUNK vs. UMAGA

Bell sounded and the crowd opened with a loud "C-M-Punk" chant. Ross said Punk is having a nice family reunion tonight, but the annoying neighbor is crashing the party. Ross so great at illustrating a point with a good ol' story. Umaga blocked a turnaround splash early on and whipped Punk down hard to the mat. Match went on for a while with Umaga in control trying to wear down Punk, who teased comebacks including a scoop slam attempt that back-fired. Ross said Punk has a tendency to be confrontational according to his peers. Confrontational Punk tried to make another comeback, but Umaga nailed him with a clean uppercut. Umaga missed a dive from the second rope, then both men recovered to their feet.

Punk landed an elbow strike, then he pulled the top rope down and Umaga flew over the top rope to the floor. Punk then landed a plancha on the floor. Back in the ring, Punk blasted him with kick and knee strikes. Umaga was not knocked down, then Punk landed a running knee in the corner, but Umaga blocked the bulldog with a corner splash. No matter, Punk came off the second rope with a bulldog for a two count. Punk up top for a lariat splash and a close nearfall. He tried to set up the G2S, but Umaga countered with a Samoan Drop for a close two count. Umaga then teased the Samoan Spike, but Punk ducked and landed kick strikes to the head. He wanted the G2S again, but Umaga slipped out and nailed a crescent kick, then running butt bomb, and Samoan Spike in a matter of seconds for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Umaga at 11:55. Decent opener. Interesting finish with Umaga picking up the win, as it shows who WWE will be placing more emphasis on going forward. Certainly seems like a Rey vs. Umaga program for the IC Title is in the works based on this clean PPV win for Umaga.  (**)

2 -- ECW champion CHRISTIAN vs. JACK SWAGGER

Match moved to the floor early on and Swagger rammed Christian stomach-first into the ringpost. Swagger then stood on Christian's ribs for added effect before rolling him into the ring to begin an attack on the mid-section. Christian came back with double pendulum leg kicks out of the corner before going up top and missing a diving headbutt. Swagger tried to follow with a gutwrench powerbomb, but Christian blocked and made Swagger run into the top turnbuckle. Story of the match being Swagger a dumb oaf who runs into brick walls chasing the roadrunner. They went down at 7:30 with a double clothesline before recovering to their feet. Swagger wanted the electric chair, but Christian blocked, only to have Swagger victory roll him for a two count. Swagger then tried a small package with a handful of tights, but ref saw it and stopped his count. First time ever. Swagger teased the gutwrench, but Christian blocked and ripped down Swagger's singlet straps. Christian then rolled up Swagger and grabbed a handful of the singlet straps in between two and three to score the pin and the win.

WINNER: Christian at 9:35. Disappointing match. Just didn't have a flow and they were a bit off at times. Backlash match was better. Just an off night for both men. (*1/2)

3 -- SHELTON BENJAMIN (w/Charlie Haas) vs. JOHN MORRISON

Shelton aggressively went on the attack with a t-bone suplex that dropped Morrison square on his head. Morrison then dumped Shelton to the floor and teased a highspot or two. Shelton walked away, then Morrison went for a sick 450 double-flip splash, but the spot looked off because Shelton had to run into harm's way to take the blow and not let Morrison break his neck crashing to the mat. Crowd came to life for the spot, though, so it worked out well live. Shelton then regained control when Morrison was distracted by Haas ringside. Shelton grounded Morrison with mat holds before they rammed heads mid-ring. Morrison made a comeback before bringing the crowd to love with a multiple revolutions head scissors into a Russian legsweep. Beautiful move. Morrison then landed a running knee strike to the head for a two count. Morrison then tried a springboard spin kick, but Shelton caught him in mid-air and tried to chuck him across the ring into the turnbuckle. Looked awkward. Morrison then smashed Haas off the apron and avoided a corner splash. Morrison followed with the Flying Chuck springboard kick, then a corkscrew split-legged splash onto Shelton for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Morrison at 10:12. Had its moments. Some were quite brilliant. Otherwise, crowd wasn't into 90 percent of the action. Tough to gauge match quality when the story of the PPV thus far has been a typically hot Chicago crowd being un-typically quiet tonight. (**1/2)

4 -- Intercontinental champion REY MYSTERIO vs. CHRIS JERICHO -- IC Title match

Bell sounded and crowd with a loud "Y2J" chant. Jericho dominated early after blocking a top rope attempt and smashing Rey knee-first into the top ringpost. Rey tried to gather himself on the floor on that bad wheel. Jericho then knocked Rey to the floor and smiled for everyone to see how pleased he was with himself. Rey suddenly came back with a kick to the head to set up the 619, but Jericho popped up and tossed Rey across the ring. Rey then tried to come back with a head scissors, but Jericho had a sweet counter with a spinning backbreaker for a two count. So fluid. Jericho then hung Rey in the ropes and whipped him hard into the middle rope for another close call. Jericho teased a de-masking, but Rey fought him off and hit a seated splash. He followed with a crossbody for a two count.

At 8:30, Jericho and Rey had a great counter/re-counter exchange leading to Jericho nailing a backbreaker for a two count. Rey then set up Jericho for the 619, but Jericho moved. Rey tried to follow with a huracanrana, but Jericho caught him mid-air for the Walls of Jericho. Rey blocked, then corkscrewed Jericho to the middle rope for the 619, but Jericho grabbed his legs and slapped on the Walls of Jericho this time. Rey managed to escape and turn it into a small package for a two count. Rey tried to come back with a rana, but Jericho blocked with a powerbomb and a two count. Such great action. At 12:00, Jericho talked trash before eating the middle turnbuckle. Rey then nailed an abrupt 619 around the ringpost ala WM22 in Chicago. Rey then popped up to the top rope for the big splash for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Rey at 12:30 to retain the IC Title. Excellent PPV match. Really wish it would have gone another five minutes and been a true show-stealer. They really picked up the intensity of the show right there with some amazing action, great counters, and highspots the audience really bought into. Rey was awesome, Jericho was awesome, and they were awesome together from start to finish. (****)

Continued in next post...

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #214 on: May 18 2009, 12:57 pm »
5 -- WWE champion RANDY ORTON vs. BATISTA -- WWE Title match

Bell sounded and the announcers said Batista was involved in an altercation earlier this weekend. Lawler said he had eight stitches in his eye as a result. Also, Orton dipped to the floor when the bell sounded to make Batista wait a bit longer for initial contact. Orton took a rest on the floor again, then Batista ran out of the corner with a clothesline. He kicked Orton in the back before sitting down on his lower back. Orton gained control at 4:00, then stood over Batista and did the old-school arms-extended pose from 2005. Crowd booed that heavily. Orton grabbed a basic chinlock and Batista escaped with elbow strikes before Orton nailed the fallaway backbreaker for a two count. Orton went back to the chinlock, then Batista escaped, and Orton re-applied. Batista escaped and Orton snapped off a nice dropkick. He then picked up the crowd intensity with that trademark horizontal DDT from the second rope.

At 8:30, Orton stalked cough-and-wheeze Batista for the RKO like a snake, but Batista remained on the ground. Orton then re-thought his plan to nail The Punt, but Batista was playing opossum and nailed a spear as Orton charged. Both men then came to their feet and they traded punches with crowd doing yeah/boo. Batista then scooped up Orton for a standing powerslam and a two count only at 10:00. Orton then rolled to the floor told the ref to start his ten count. Batista was not going to stand for Orton trying to get counted out, so he chased Orton around the ring. Orton tried to hug the ringpost, but Batista broke him off and tossed him into the ring for a clothesline and a two count.

Tree-hugging Orton then tried to grab a steel chair ringside, but Batista blocked. Batista then went up top (wha?) and nailed a nice-looking flying shoulder tackle for a two count. Batista teased the Batistabomb, but Orton blocked and rolled to the floor once again. He then grabbed his WWE Title belt and tried to run away clutching the belt, but Batista pursued him and tossed him back into the ring. Batista ducked a belt shot and nailed a spinebuster. Orton freaked as Batista grappled him for the Batistabomb, but Orton punched out. Batista blocked the RKO, then Orton moved out of the way of a spear in the corner. Orton, enraged, wanted the RKO, but Batista shoved him away into the ref. Orton and ref had a stop-and-collect-themselves moment, then Orton reared back and slapped ref Chioda. Ref called for the bell for a DQ and Batista put his hands on his head in disgust that he won, but Orton kept the belt. Classic Orton storyline.

Post-match: Legacy stormed the ring to help Orton with a three-on-one beating on Batista. Suddenly, Ric Flair's music hit. Oh snap. Flair stormed the ring in dress clothes as the announcers freaked about Flair being here. Flair looked to be in great shape as he fought off Legacy. Batista then dropped Orton with the Batistabomb before Flair ripped off a round of chops on folks. Flair then helped Batista up and they had a stare down with Legacy with Batista smiling. Six-man tag with Triple H next month?

WINNER: Batista via DQ at 14:45. Really nice storyline-driven match. Not the most aesthetically-pleasing at times, but both men put in a really nice effort and Orton played the snake heel role very well. Flashes of great wrestling storytelling at times in this one. Flair's surprise return was a memorable moment, but not as memorable since he was just on WWE TV a month ago. (***)

6 -- JOHN CENA vs. BIG SHOW -- Don't call it an Exhibition match

They danced around the ring without locking up as Show simply maintained that smile. Crowd with a dueling "Let's Go Cena / Cena Sucks" chant. "Cena Sucks" part could have passed for "C-M-Punk." In any event, Show finally got his paws on Cena and punched him in the stomach to work on the injured ribs. Show then went into a methodical wear-down on the ribs as the fans picked up another dueling chant. Show went from smiley to scowling as he continued to beat down Cena. Cole said he lost his smile. Anyways, Cena lost an armband in the corner and Show tossed it away before missing with a big splash. Cena wasn't going to stand for wasted merch, so he fired up with a running chopblock at 10:00. Cena then dropped the Five Knuckle Shuffle and Show came to his feet. Cena clutched his ribs and approached Show for the FU, but Show blocked with a chokeslam attempt, only to have Cena counter into a DDT. He then tried to slap on the STFU, but he couldn't wrap it on.

Show pounded Cena back to the mat before going to the corner for a Vader Bomb ... and connecting. Ref made the count, but Cena kicked out. On the opposite end of the ring, Show wanted another VB, but Cena moved. Show kicked Cena away trying to follow with another STFU, then Cena came back with a running boot on the apron and top rope guillotine drop. Cena tried the STFU a third time, but Show shooed him away like a fly. Show then kicked Cena in the gut and wanted a powerbomb, but he then dumped Cena back over his head with a front-stomach drop. Innovative. Show called for a Five Dollar Footlong before clutching his right fist for the Big Turkey & Cheese Blow. Cena wanted an Italian BMT, though, as ducked The Punch to transfer right into the FU. Announcers came out of their seats as Cena followed through with the FU for the pin and the win. After the match, Cena went over to Alfonso Soriano ringside and hugged it up with him. They then did the "You Can't See Me" for the camera and hugged it up again. Nice moment.

WINNER: Cena at 14:59. Really nice finish. Something Pat Patterson would have booked to put the babyface in jeopardy of taking the heel's decisive finisher before the babyface avoids it and nails the super-human finish for the win. Classic Cena booking. Strong conclusion to an otherwise slow match for about 10-12 minutes. (**1/2)

7 -- World Hvt. champion EDGE vs. JEFF HARDY -- World Hvt. Title match

Jeff took initial control with a series of arm drags before Edge landed a knee to the gut in the corner. He then knocked Edge to the floor and landed a splash on the outside. Back in the ring, Jeff wanted the Whisper in the Wind a little too early in the match and Edge moved out of the way. Edge then shoved Jeff to the apron and knocked him to the floor with a running smash to the back. Back in the ring, Edge went to work on Jeff's lower back. Jeff fired back with a series of clotheslines at 9:00, but missed with a dropkick when Edge grabbed the ropes.

Suddenly, Jeff came back with a Sharpshooter in center ring. He had a unique overhand grip to maintain the hold as Edge fought the hold to reach the bottom rope for a break. The action moved to the top turnbuckle where Jeff nailed a nice sunset flip powerbomb for a two count. Jeff knocked Edge off the apron to the floor before clearing the Smackdown announce table and part of the guardrail padding. Jeff sent Edge into the exposed guardrail before ramming him head-first into a TV monitor. Jeff wanted to run off the guardrail onto Edge, but Edge speared him in mid-air right into the ground. Ouch.

Jeff recovered and crawled over to the ring before jumping into the ring at nine. Edge, frustrated, picked up his attack on the lower back. Jeff blocked a spear off the apron, though, and gave Edge a Twist of Fate across the middle rope. Jeff had a pin, but Edge got his foot on the rope. Jeff followed with a Whisper in the Wind that connected, but Edge kicked out. Action moved to the floor and Jeff re-positioned the ring steps to run off the steps with a big splash on Edge right into the lap of a family of five ringside. Jeff tossed Edge back to ringside, then Matt Hardy suddenly ran down the arena steps and blasted Jeff from behind with the cast. Ref didn't see the action on the floor, then Edge took Jeff back into the ring for a cover, but Jeff kicked out.

Edge wanted the spear, but Jeff moved and sent him head-first into the middle turnbuckle. Jeff slowly collected himself for a Swanton Bomb attempt, but he couldn't get in position soon enough, allowing Edge to grapple Jeff up top. Edge then nailed a superplex/edguctioner combo from the top rope for a big gasp from the crowd. Edge made the cover for the win. Afterward, Edge took his title belt and celebrated the victory while catching his breath. They replayed the finish, then closed with a shot of medics tending to Jeff Hardy in the ring. Selling the effects or he was legit KO'ed on that top rope finish.

WINNER: Edge at 19:55 to retain the World Hvt. Title. Would have been a show-stealer and more memorable in the fifth or sixth slot. In the main event slot, it was just a pretty good, but not great PPV title match. Had some high moments and they changed the pace of the match to keep throwing new things at the viewers to hold their interest, but not at the level of Edge-Cena from Backlash. (***1/4)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #215 on: May 19 2009, 10:36 am »
What happens when the NBA goes up against the WWE?!!

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to be at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday night.

Problem is, so are John Cena and a bunch of wrestlers -- and they called it first.

World Wrestling Entertainment said it is booked at the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw, the same night the Nuggets are slated to host the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

WWE chairman Vince McMahon told The Associated Press he doesn't believe there was "any malice, just ineptness," on the part of Kroenke Sports, which owns the team and the building, but can't tolerate the company "just simply throwing us out on our ear."

Without a quick resolution, McMahon plans to send his trucks to Denver.

"That's what we intend to do," he said. "We're going to show up."

Pepsi Center officials told the ABC television affiliate in Denver that the Nuggets game will be played as scheduled and that they are working with the WWE to reschedule or move its event.

WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman said the organization secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15 and has already sold more than 10,000 tickets for the event. He says the organization expects a sellout, with tickets ranging from $20 to $70.

McMahon blamed Kroenke for not believing his team was good enough to still be playing in mid-May.

"The fans in Denver had a lot more faith in making the playoffs than the owner," he said in a phone interview from Louisville, where Raw was taking place later Monday night.

Denver is usually done with basketball by now. The Nuggets had lost in the first round five straight years, but as the No. 2 seed in the West are in the conference finals for the first time since 1985.

The Nuggets referred comment to the NBA, which handles scheduling during the playoffs. Kroenke Sports also had no comment.

However, the league is leaving it up to the team and the WWE to figure things out.

"The Nuggets and the WWE understand that the date of Game 4 of the Western Conference finals cannot be changed," NBA senior vice president Mike Bass said. "We are confident that the Pepsi Center and the WWE will resolve their scheduling conflict."

Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with the WWE that the organization wanted to keep the May 25 date, and sent a contract on April 15 -- the final night of the regular season -- which WWE signed and returned. Tickets went on sale April 11.

The conflict didn't arise until Sunday, when the Lakers beat the Houston Rockets in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals. Had the Rockets won, Denver would have had home-court advantage in the next round, hosting Games 1 and 2 and putting the May 25 game in Houston.

As of Monday afternoon, the schedule on the Pepsi Center's Web site listed WWE for 6:30 p.m. local time and Western Conference finals Game 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the wrestling event could still be purchased online.

McMahon said he couldn't guess how much he would make from the show, but that canceling wasn't easy because of how much is involved in moving his equipment, plus filling its obligated time slot on USA Network. Litigation is likely -- but he plans to be putting on a card.

"When you do have a date, you plan everything around it," he said, adding, "we may be holding an event in a parking lot somewhere."

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #216 on: May 19 2009, 02:43 pm »
WWE RAW Results: 5-18-09

1 -- DIVAS BATTLE ROYAL -- #1 contender match to Divas Title

Mickie and Beth were the final three with Kelly Kelly kind of hanging around in the background. Kelly then tossed Beth, who was not pleased with the deal. She tried to yank Kelly out of the ring in disgust, which allowed Maryse to spray Mickie in the eyes with the Rick Martel gimmick. Mickie was KO'ed, so Kelly just kind of walked over to Mickie and pushed her out of the ring to win and earn a future title shot.

WINNER: Kelly Kelly at 2:40. Well, continues the Maryse-Mickie feud leading to an inevitable title match down the road. Interesting decision for Kelly to win. We'll see how this plays out. (n/a)

2 -- SANTINO MARELLA vs. CHAVO GUERRERO

Santino sold a leg injury a minute into the match, so he asked for some in the corner. He then comically "walked it off" by bouncing off the ropes with a stiff-legged gait. Chavo then ran him over with a clothesline to end it. Chavo put Santino in a seated stretch, then Santino did a comical "I'm going to explode or break the Masterlock!" expression as he tried to escape. Chavo started slapping Santino, who then started to Hulk Up. "You ah make me ah so mad!" he shouted. Santino landed an elbow smash and discovered he had actual ability to wrestle. Santino landed a clothesline and was shocked at all of these offensive moves working. He was gaining confidence before running into a boot in the corner. Chavo then went up top for a frog splash, but Santino rolled out of the way. He then ducked a corner splash and grappled Chavo with a jackknife pin for the win.

Post-match: Chavo took the mic and said this isn't a joke or funny. He told Santino to tell his sister, Santina, to go get dressed because she's defending the Miss WrestleMania crown tonight against her aunt, Vickie. Santino took it in stride and said she can beat her.

WINNER: Santino at 3:36. Nice match featuring Santino greatness. Very interesting to see if they actually turn him into a legit wrestler who discovers his own super powers week-by-week before becoming unstoppable. Great development with Chavo continuing to book without Vickie's consent out of frustration, this time leading to Vickie actually being in the ring. (*)

3 -- Unified tag team champions CARLITO & PRIMO COLON vs. THE BRIAN KENDRICK & GOLDUST

First blow to the Denver Nuggets a minute into the match. I didn't catch the exact quote, but Jerry Lawler threw a line out about Goldust's early match ineptness being similar to Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke. Kendrick got tired of Goldust screwing up, so the Colons took advantage and Carlito easily pinned Kendrick with the backstabber for the win. Afterward, Kendrick blamed Goldust for screwing up. Hornswoggle suddenly showed up behind TBK's back and bit him in the leg to fight off Kendrick and make the save for Papa Goldust. Cole called them the Odd Couple.

WINNERS: Carlito & Primo at 2:25. Okay tag match. Focus was just on the challengers being in no position to win due to Kendrick's mismanagement. (1/2*)

4 -- U.S. champion MVP vs. MATT HARDY -- United States Title match

Matt did a run-around with the top turnbuckle pad to distract the ref, allowing Matt to take out MVP's knees from behind. Matt worked on MVP's legs before MVP made a comeback with a flying hair-toss. MVP set up the Ballin' elbow drop and connected center ring. MVP couldn't score a three count, though. Matt then grabbed MVP by the Power Ranger trunks and flung him to the outside. On the outside, MVP came back by tossing Matt broken-hand-first into the ringpost. Back in the ring, MVP stomped on the hand as Matt begged him off. MVP then delivered the Chono Boot in the corner before nailing the Playmaker center ring. MVP with the cover for the win.

WINNER: MVP at 5:17 to retain the U.S. Title. Not a surprising finish since they had the MVP vs. William Regal feud going before this week. Match was pretty good for five minutes. Ross back on Raw was a sound for sore ears. (*3/4)

5 -- VICKIE GUERRERO (w/Chavo Guerrero) vs. SANTINO(A) MARELLA

Bell sounded and Santina took the mic to say something. She (he) knows Vickie is jealous because he/she has a body like this and she has a body like that. Vickie slapped Santina and reminded her that she's a lesbianio. They shared an unfortunate liplock and Chavo stormed in not amused by this. Chavo then re-booked this as a No DQ match. Santina acted shocked. So, how would Spike TV handle this potential half-man on woman violence? In any event, Chavo stormed the ring and beat down Santina from behind. Chavo pounded on Santina, who fought back with some manly right hands. Crowd did the "booh/yay" for when they switched control. Santina then dumped Chavo over the top rope to the floor. Suddenly, William Regal jumped into the ring and beat the crap out of Santina. Regal landed a huge knee smash, then Vickie pounced on Santina for the pin and the win. Vickie howled and screamed in delight for winning the new Miss WrestleMania. Chavo then brought out the sash and crown to give to Vickie, who paraded around the ring.

WINNER: Vickie at 3:03. Just a buffer match to the main event to incorporate some absurd comedy and apparently begin a William Regal vs. Santino program. Or, Regal just isn't a fan of bad TV storylines and did something about it. (n/a)

6 -- WWE champion RANDY ORTON & TED DIBIASE, JR. & CODY RHODES vs. BATISTA & JOHN CENA

Cena started with a collar-and-elbow tie-up with Cody, then Orton tagged in. Cena tried to make a quick tag to Batista, but Orton went right over to his corner to make a tag to DiBiase. Nice heel move. Batista and Cena then double-clotheslined Legacy over the top rope. Orton slithered into the ring from behind as the audience screamed in horror, but Cena and Batista turned around to slowly scare Orton out of the ring. Orton did his snake-like glare toward the babyfaces as they cut to break. Hot main event.

Back from break, Orton was working on Batista on the floor before he rolled him back into the ring. Orton did the Orton Stomp as crowd was red-hot with a "Batista" chant. DiBiase cut Batista off with a drop toehold before landing a series of elbow drops for another two count. Cole and Ross talked up Rhodes & DiBiase improving week by week as they hang around Orton. DiBiase and Batista then butted heads leading to the tease of a hot tag. Cena took the hot tag at 8:00 and exploded on Cody, who was the legal man. Cena did the You Can't See Me in Orton's direction before dropping the Shuffle on Cody. Cena wanted the FU and he delivered it, but Cody made a blind tag to Orton while on Cena's shoulders. Orton came in and hammered away on Cena, who teetered on the middle rope before DiBiase kicked him in the head. Apparently didn't quite have the Orton finesse to KO Cena for five weeks. He'll learn.

Match continued with Legacy cornering Cena and cutting him off from the hot tag. Fans did a "Let's Go Cena" chant, but there was no dueling "Cena Sucks" echo this week. DiBiase kept working on Cena before bringing Cody back in. Soccer Dad Orton shouted instructions to Cody to maintain control. "Don't let him breathe!" Cody tried a top rope moonsault and he connected. Whoa. He made a cover, but Cena kicked out. Orton then took a tag and kicked Cena in the gut to work him over. Cena tried to make a comeback, but Orton cut him right off with a clothesline.

At 13:00, Orton slapped on a standing headlock to wear down Cena. Cena tried to drag himself over to Batista and he finally reached out and touched Batista to get Batista his target of Orton for revenge from last night. Crowd exploded as Batista went after Orton. Meanwhile, Cena cut off Big Show on the entrance ramp and knocked him to the back with a chair. Batista cleared Cody and Ted. Suddenly, Ric Flair showed up off camera and shoved Cody off the top turnbuckle. It looked like Cody just kind of fell down. They cut to a shot of Flair to show why Cody fell off the top. Batista then found Orton and gave him a mid-ring spear. Batista made the cover for the win.

Post-match: Batista and Flair celebrated while they replayed what the heck happened. Apparently Flair ran a chair down to Cena, who bashed Show and then Flair went to ringside to KO Cody. Flair and Batista celebrated one more time in the ring while Legacy regrouped on the stage, not pleased with the finish.

WINNERS: Batista & Cena at 14:45. Excellent TV main event. Chaotic, action-packed, hot crowd, good storyline development for Extreme Rules and Flair's confrontation with Orton next week. Just felt like an old-school, star-power-filled main event with an exciting round of action to conclude the show. Good start to the next PPV build. (***1/2)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #217 on: May 20 2009, 10:08 am »
The Nuggets owner really dropped the ball on this whole thing. When the Nuggets began the playoffs, the NBA created the playoff schedules and usually have different senerios mapped out in case of conflicts. In many arenas as pointed out in an earlier posts, the pro teams do at times create schedules so to aid in certain bookings (in Phoenix, there's things like the circus, Disney on Ice and even the WWE that the Suns, Mercury, Rattlers and the late RoadRunners work around). There's not much going on here in Phoenix since they kept the arena dates open in case the Suns made it into the post-season (they didn't).

The Nuggets could've done a better job with this and while there is no doubt the Lakers-Nuggets playoff game will go as planned and the WWE will go somewhere else, the publicity over the whole thing makes not so much the WWE look good but the Nuggets owner and the Pepsi Center bad.

Yeah...Vince McMahon, being Vince will milk this for all its worth and after a month or so, life will be back to normal for the WWE and the NBA.

Last note...the Arizona Cardinals did almost the same thing this year when the NFL scheduled the final game of the season the day before the Fiesta Bowl, a breach of contract between the Cards and the Fiesta Bowl Committee. Cardinals officials took full responsibility for the mistake, saying they failed to notify the NFL when the schedules of the 2009 season was being made but like with the NBA, the schedule is final and cannot be moved to a different day though they decided to make it an early game.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #218 on: May 21 2009, 12:00 am »
ECW on SciFi Results: 5-19-09

1 -- ECW champion CHRISTIAN vs. PAUL BURCHILL (w/Katie Lea) -- non-title match

Christian was still selling the left knee, so Burchill kept trying to go after the knee in the early going. Christian shooed him away in the early going, then went to a mat hold to keep Burchill away from his lower body. Action moved to the floor and Burchill finally got the knee by smashing him into the guardrail. Burch then whipped him knee-first into the ring steps and took Christian back into the ring to work the knee. Burchill became frustrated with his inability to put away the champ, but he went back to work on the knee as the announcers sat quietly apparently studying the interaction in the ring. Christian blocked a running charge and followed with a tornado DDT out of the corner for a two count. Burchill tried to make another comeback run, but Christian fought valiantly and nailed the Killswitch for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Christian in 9:00. Good finish after some not-exciting action featuring Burchill on the offensive. We just don't know anything about Burchill out of the ring to make the audience care while he's in the ring. (*1/2)

2 -- ZACK RYDER vs. ADAM GREEN

Ryder very aggressive in the early going. Ryder landed a kick to the gut, then re-adjusted his headband and hair before landing a neckbreaker. Striker with a line toward the Nuggets that he would like to see Carmelo Anthony pull off a move like a leaping leg smash from Ryder. Ryder with a sort of reverse rocker-dropper for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Ryder in 2:00. Just a squash to get Ryder some TV exposure and an actual victory. Not feeling the ring entrance music, though. (1/2*)

3 -- DAVID HART SMITH (w/Natalya and Tyson Kidd) vs. FINLAY

Finlay dominated early on as Natalya asked him what's wrong. Complete domination by Finlay to start, then Smith rolled to the floor to take a breather. Announcers tried to talk up Smith as being bigger, stronger, and more vicious than Bulldog ever was. Means absolutely nothing to about 80-90 percent of the audience that has no idea who Davey Boy Smith is, unfortunately. After five minutes of first-gear mat wrestling, action moved to the apron where Smith landed a running powerslam off the apron to the floor for his first piece of offense of the match. Cut to break with KiddNat clapping it up for Smith.

Back from break, Smith was in control working the back with a submission hold. Kidd, thankfully, checked in with his "Ask him ref!" scream to add some life to this. Finlay tried to mount an attack at 13:00, but Smith cut him right off and went back to work on the back. Crowd tried to rally behind Finlay as he fought an abdominal stretch, then Finlay fired off a round of punches on Smith until Smith landed a big boot to the face. Announcers asleep, specifically Mathews. After the quick highspot from Smith, he went back to working on the back before settling into a chinlock.

Finlay finally came back with an escape of the powerslam before ramming Smith into the corner turnbuckle. Finlay made his full comeback as the crowd came to life. Finlay tried a Rolling Hills, but his back went out after Smith's work. Finlay then clotheslined Smith over the top rope to the floor. Natalya then slapped Finlay, but Finlay rammed Kidd into the guardrail. Kidd, upset, tried to run after Finlay, but ref stopped him. Meanwhile, Smith used Natalya's shoe to smash Finlay right in the head. Ref came back around as Smith landed a rolling side belly-to-back suplex for the pin and the win. Post-match: They replayed the finish and the Hart Foundation celebrated the victory as Finlay recovered in the ring to close the show.

WINNER: Smith in 19:00. Very slow pace to this one. Perhaps it would have been more tolerable if there was a high-flying match on the undercard this week to balance out the "Finlay style" of ECW wrestling. But, Evan Bourne was nowhere to be found for the second week in a row, Tyson Kidd wasn't in action, and Jack Swagger was sent to the principal's office. Having to sit through a Paul Burchill match was tough, but couple that with 20 minutes of slow-paced action in the main event, and you have a channel-changing night of action.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #219 on: May 21 2009, 11:10 am »
WWE moving Monday show from Denver to Los Angeles

Vince McMahon claims he’s being thrown out. His opponent insists McMahon is the double-crosser.

It’d make a good story line for a wrestling feud—but it won’t take place in Denver.

World Wrestling Entertainment is moving its Monday night show to Los Angeles because of a conflict with the Pepsi Center in Denver, which had booked two events for the same night.

The Nuggets are scheduled to host the Lakers on Monday in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals, but WWE had previously secured the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw.

The WWE chairman criticized Kroenke Sports, which owns the Nuggets and Pepsi Center, for not being more helpful when the conflict arose over the weekend.

“They bumped us right out of the building, hardly an apology,” McMahon said Wednesday. “They didn’t do anything for us at all, and the media was talking about someone has to write a check. They didn’t want to write anything and they wanted to give us a Sunday night. And the name of the show is Monday Night Raw.”

However, Kroenke Sports claims McMahon had previously agreed to a deal to shift the event to Sunday.

“We negotiated in good faith with Vince and believed we had a deal in principal as of Tuesday,” Kroenke Sports executive vice president Paul Andrews said. “In fact, it was so clear to us that we did that we asked Vince to do a joint press release. He said, ‘Paul, I have no problem with a joint press release.’ Then, he asked us if he could get five tickets to the Denver Nuggets’ game on Monday night so he could apologize to Mr. Kroenke in person.

“That was Tuesday. We find out by a press announcement today by Vince, who I believe is the master of propaganda, that he’s moving the event to the Staples Center. He didn’t even contact us to tell us he hadn’t accepted the deal we negotiated the night before, so we’re quite shocked, frankly.”

WWE executive vice president Shane McMahon, at a press conference at Staples Center, said the Kroenke offer came too late.

“They tried to be amicable but we’re really at such a loss of words because we were expecting a capacity crowd. Had sold 11,000 as of last week,” he said. “We’ve been on sale since August so everyone knew we were coming. We built everything around it. That’s what we do. We promote and build the event.”

Vince McMahon said Staples Center called and offered use of its building and that his organization will return to Denver for an event at the Coliseum on Aug. 7. McMahon said many arenas, including Madison Square Garden, called and offered to host Raw. He chose Staples Center, which also was available Tuesday night for its second night of programming.

McMahon said it was important to have Raw be shown live on its normal Monday night slot on USA Network—where it will go head-to-head against the Nuggets-Lakers game on ESPN. He previously vowed he would hold the event in a parking lot if need be.

McMahon added the Monday show would include a 5-on-5 match pitting “Lakers” against “Nuggets” and his character would likely confront a character of Stan Kroenke, who owns Kroenke Enterprises, in the ring.

But while he said that’s entertainment for the fans, he remains angry at Kroenke and the terms he said were requested in the press release to complete an agreement.

“They would not even talk about making a deal other than paying our expenses basically unless we signed some sort of joint press release,” McMahon said. “You would not believe what these people were attempting to make us do. I guess maybe running over us and throwing us out unceremoniously on our ear was not good enough. They want to trample us.”

WWE said it secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15 and had already sold more than 10,000 tickets for the event. The organization said arena officials confirmed the wrestlers were still coming and sent a signed contract on April 15, the last night of the regular season.

Then the double booking was set Sunday, when the Lakers beat Houston in Game 7 to reach the conference finals. Had the Lakers lost, Denver would have had home-court advantage against the Rockets, making the Pepsi Center available for wrestling on Monday.

The conflict has provided some great press for WWE, but McMahon said his preference was to do his show as planned.

“I didn’t want this publicity,” he said. “They threw me out and so what are we going to do? We have to garner some degree of publicity.”

Kroenke Sports said WWE preferred the publicity to a compromise.

“They haven’t returned any of our calls for over a 24-hour period since we had what we believed to be an agreement Tuesday night,” Andrews said. “We’ve reached out to them all day for feedback and then we get an announcement they’re going to L.A.

“The sensationalism and media attention were more important than the fans of Denver.”