AuthorTopic: The Official Wrestling Thread (now with more news and stuff)  (Read 474428 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: The Official Wrestling Thread (now with more news and stuff)
« Reply #500 on: August 08 2010, 02:37 am »
WWE Superstars Results: 8-5-10

Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Shore's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1. Layla (w/Michelle McCool) defeated Tiffany at 5:12. Tiffany worked some early offense and Layla rolled to the floor. McCool checked on her and Tiffany shoved McCool to the floor. She rolled Layla back in the ring, and McCool kicked the leg from behind. She apparently had on steel toed wedges because Tiffany sold like she had been shot. Layla worked heel moves on the leg and locked in a modified Indian Death Lock. She rolled it up for a near fall, and Tiffany went berserk. She hit several strikes on Layla and then a bulldog for two. She went to the second rope for a high crossbody. She missed, and Layla hit a Rude Awakening for the win…

Shore’s Slant: Tiffany was much better this time. But she’s still a turd sandwich. I appreciate the effort, but she’s just not interesting as a character or good enough in the ring to hold my attention any longer than her skirt. And LayCool desperately needs to split. You know, I could have gone roughly forever without seeing that video again and I would have considered myself lucky.

2. Vance Archer and Curt Hawkins defeated The Dudebusters at 9:21. Archer and Baretta started. Archer ran the ropes and slapped Baretta. Baretta snapped and attacked. He tagged in Croft, and Hawkins drove Croft back to the corner and tagged in Archer. Archer beat one Croft, but Croft fought back and tagged in Baretta. They tried for a double clothesline, but Archer blew right through it. They hit a double dropkick to the knees instead. Baretta tagged Croft back in after a near fall and Croft ate a big boot. Archer whipped Croft to the corner and charged. Croft got the foot up and hopped to the top. Archer pushed him to the floor…

Back at 5:33, Hawkins kicked Croft in the back and covered for two. A video showed Hawkins whipping Croft into the railing during the break. Hawkins hit a big slam and tagged in Archer. Archer kicked Croft in the head and covered for two. He hit a “trapped over the head belly to belly,” according to Matt Striker, for two. Hawkins tagged in and worked a rest hold. Croft escaped and got the hot tag. Baretta cleaned house with Hawkins using some innovative offense. Baretta rolled up Hawkins, but Archer got the blind tag. He kicked Baretta in the head, and they followed with their combo finisher for the win. Post-match, Hawkins cut a promo and said they wanted gold. He said if the Harts didn’t come to them, they would find the Harts…

Shore’s Slant: Never in my life have I prayed for a tag team squash, but I did here. Surprisingly though, I really enjoyed the match. As much as I despise the Dudebusters gimmick, I do think they can wrestle. And Archer and Hawkins have looked good together too. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but I was. And the right team one too. Their feud with the Harts could be very good if done right. Here’s hoping it happens on Smackdown so the Raw creative team stays away.

3. Evan Bourne defeated Zack Ryder at 13:05. Ryder broke the first tie-up dirty, but Bourne came back with a drop toe hold and low dropkick for two. Ryder came back and hit a knee to Bourne’s gut for two. Bourne battled back and hit a dropkick and flying head scissor. He clotheslined Ryder to the floor and went to the top. He dove off, but Ryder moved and Bourne hit the railing. Both men recovered into the break…

Back at 7:33, Ryder worked a rest hold on Bourne. The announce team reintroduced themselves in case you are turning into WWE for the first time…with five minutes left in the least important show they do. Wow. Ryder hit a neckbreaker for two and went back to the rest hold. He laid Bourne in the corner and hit a running kick for two. Bourne hooked a small package for two. Bourne ran the ropes on a whip and hit a spinning heel kick.

He hit a running knee of Ryder and covered for two. He started for the top, but Ryder grabbed his foot. Bourne kicked him away and charged. Ryder reversed into a powerbomb for two. Ryder went to the top, but Bourne ran up and hit a backdrop from the top rope. He followed with AirBourne for the win…

Shore’s Slant: The announce team showed us how important this match is by talking about team Raw and all of its problems instead of the match. It was a typical Bourne match, but with fewer hot spots. I don’t know, it just kind of bored me. It was the opposite of the tag match, really.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #501 on: August 08 2010, 02:38 am »
WWE Smackdown Results: 8-6-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Park's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 – MATT HARDY vs. “DASHING” CODY RHODES

Rhodes went right after Hardy in the corner, but Hardy turned things around. Corner clotheslined, then a running bulldog from Hardy. First cover of the night for a two-count. Hardy went for a Twist of Fate, but Rhodes ducked out of the ring as they went to break.

Hardy was working the arm of Rhodes out of break. Double leg-drop to the mid-section for two. Springboard kick to the back of the head by Rhodes, and a beauty. He’s got that move down pat. Sunset flip by Matt for a near-fall. Rhodes came back with a suplex attempt by Hardy got an inside cradle for two. Rhodes got to his feet first and kneed Hardy in the head. Front suplex by Rhodes. Right hands by Cody after he worked a face-lock on the mat. Neckbreaker variation from Hardy, followed by a few clotheslines. Side Effect for two. Twist of Fate, but Rhodes rolled Hardy up for two. Side Russian leg-sweep, but a knee-drop missed from the Dashign one. Hardy to the second rope, but Rhodes tried to pry him off for an Alabama Slam. Instead, Rhodes dropped Hardy’s face on the top turnbuckle. Cross-Rhodes from Cody for the win.

WINNER: Rhodes, at 10:15. Good win for Cody, and a nice little match. Nothing terribly unique about it, just a well-worked bout.

2 – DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. KOFI KINGSTON – INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Ziggler went to ringside following an aggressive start by Kingston. Take-down by Kofi, but Ziggler elbowed out of a rear waist-lock. Ziggler threw Kingston out of the ring but he landed on his feet. He climbed back into the ring and dove at Ziggler. He pounded away and Ziggler again tried to go outside. But Kingston met him out there with a clothesline. Kofi looked like he didn’t know what to do with Ziggler, and ended up driving him head-first into the apron. Back in the ring, Ziggler took over on offense. Todd Grisham said that many folks feel that Ziggler is the most talented superstar to not have won a title. Kingston fired back with rights to the torso of Ziggler, followed by a dropkick and a clothesline that sent Ziggler over the top and out of the ring. He dove through the ropes and onto Ziggler; they had a wide shot of it as it was happening, and it looked even more

They showed what happened during the break where Ziggler turned the tide on Kofi. Vickie provided the distraction to allow Ziggler to take over. Dolph worked on the left arm of Kingston, kicking and punching at it. Series of elbowdrops by Ziggler found the mark on Kofi’s chest. Dolph worked the neck and arm of Kingston, stretching him in the middle of the ring. Arm-stunner by Ziggler, as called by Striker, for a two-count. Guerrero got on the apron and applauded Ziggler, blowing kisses to him. Out of nowhere, Trouble in Paradise by Kofi. Vickie came into the ring and got in the face of the referee, Aaron “Goose” Mahoney. That provided enough of a distraction for Ziggler to Zig-Zag Kingston for the win and the title.

WINNER: Ziggler, at 10:46. Fine match, but I didn’t like the finish. Seemed like Ziggler popped up too quickly from the Trouble in Paradise.

3 – THE STRAIGHT EDGE SOCIETY vs. JTG & CHRIS MASTERS & MVP

This can’t be a good sign for MVP. MVP was worked over by the Society in the heel corner as Striker compared the SES to the Freebirds as far as six-man combinations go. Hard uppercut, then a splash by the former Festus for two. MVP fought out of a chin-lock and was elbowed down. Another tag to Mercury, who hit a neckbreaker for two. Gallows tried to prevent a tag, and even attacked both of MVP’s partners to make sure he couldn’t do it. MVP looked ready for a comeback, but when he hit the ropes, Punk got his foot up and kicked MVP in the back of the head. Big boot by Gallows, that showed a bit of light, but got the pin anyway.

WINNERS: The Straight Edge Society, at 3:02.

4 – REY MYSTERIO vs. DREW MCINTYRE

McIntyre locked up with Rey and shoved him into the corner. Mysterio, though, proved too quick for McIntyre, frustrating the Scotsman. Mysterio took his eyes off his opponent and McIntyre caught him with a clothesline. McIntyre stomped away at Mysterio’s mid-section in the corner. Drop-toe hold by Mysterio into the turnbuckle, then hung up in position for a 619. McIntyre rolled out of the ring and Mysterio dove onto him. Back in the ring, springboard attempt missed but he landed on his feet, only to be clotheslined by McIntyre. Short-arm clothesline. Crowd chanted in Spanish for Mysterio. He low-bridged McIntyre out of the ring and hurricanrana’d McIntyre down at ringside.

McIntyre was back on offense out of break, though he was holding his back in pain. Mac powerbombed Mysterio into the corner and went for a cover, getting two. McIntyre stretched Mysterio’s body around the ring post on the outside. Mysterio then found himself being dropped onto the announce table. He was able to pull himself back into the ring at the count of nine. McIntyre was all over his foe as soon as Mysterio crawled back into the squared circle. Rey fought out of a rest-hold and tried to go for a bulldog, but it was snuffed out by McIntyre, who sent Rey to the mat face-first. He put Rey on his back and dropped him on his knee for a gut-buster and a two-count. Top arm-bar by McIntyre, but Mysterio again connected with a few knees. Tilt-a-whirl into a DDT for Mysterio. Mysterio with a seated senton, then a springboard cross-body for a near-fall. Both men tried to recover and catch their breath at this point. Another tilt-a-whirl, this time in McIntyre’s favor, a back-breaker. Shoulders to the gut in the corner by Drew, followed by forearms to the face. He didn’t seem to know how to end the match, though. Well duh, he hasn’t even gone for the Futureshock DDT yet. Oh, there he goes setting up for it, but Mysterio slid out. 619 missed, but he rolled McIntyre up for the three away.

WINNER: Mysterio, at 14:31. Solid TV main event.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #502 on: August 09 2010, 01:19 pm »
TNA Hardcore Justice PPV results are now posted on my Wrestling Blog at TOKYOPOP. Click the link below my signature picture for all the details.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #503 on: August 11 2010, 01:07 am »
WWE RAW Results: 8-9-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- U.S. champion THE MIZ vs. EVAN BOURNE -- non-title match

Miz was aggressive early on, looking much different than working with Randy Orton on last week's show when he looked timid and intimidated by the main event opportunity. Miz continued to take it to Bourne, who fiught back with kick strikes until Miz side-stepped a knee strike and flung him to the mat. Bourne rolled to the corner to recover, then Miz measured him for the running clothesline corner spot. Miz continued to sell aggressiveness after the move, with the camera focusing on his facials to sell the moment. Miz attempted a suplex, but Miz landed a knee strike to the head. It's worth noting there's been no discussion of Miz as U.S. champion or confirming it's a non-title match.

Bourne pulled off a spectacular snap huracanrana for a two count, then Miz came back with an aggressive clothesline for a two count. Miz then stalked Bourne and measured him with the Skullcrushing Finale, which he connected with. Miz with the pin for the win. Cole said he believes Miz will soon be WWE champion. They replayed highspots from the match, then Miz took the mic. Miz said he doesn't care of it's Orton or Sheamus that wins the "title" this Sunday; he's ready to cash in his contract. Miz did his "awesome" catchphrase to heel heat, then Cole continued to talk up Miz.

WINNER: Miz at 4:03. Much, much better performance from Miz this week after looking intimidated on the big stage last week on Raw. Miz got over his aggressiveness, mean streak, and used his facial expressions effectively. Bourne had his moments to look somewhat decent coming out of the match, but it's clear he's slipped down a peg or two since that big push with Cena two months ago. (*1/2)

2 -- Divas champion ALICIA FOX vs. MELINA -- non-title match

In-ring: Melina came out to the ring with her full paparazzi ring entrance. Divas champion Alicia Fox then came out and we have a . The match moved to the floor early on and Alicia smashed Melina with a hard clothesline, with Melina's head bumping off the floor. Back in the ring, Alicia hit a spinning backbreaker across his knee for a two count. Alicia then followed with a backbreaker submission. Melina then countered with a sweet Canadian Destroyer-style counter and scored a pin for the win. Melina celebrated, winning her first match back in WWE. "I'm back," she mouthed to the crowd.

WINNER: Melina at 3:43. Fine return match for Melina. It's good to have a strong babyface back on the women's roster. (*1/4)

3 -- PERCY WATSON & KAVAL & LUCKY CANNON vs. JOE HENNIG & ALEX RILEY & HUSKY HARRIS

Watson started things off and took a beating from the heels. Sheamus was shown sitting down ringside still PO'ed about being shown up by Orton. Watson made a comeback and tagged in Kaval, who came in with a strong reaction. Kaval landed kick strikes on Riley before applying a neck vice in the ropes. Kaval then hit a springboard martial arts kick for a two count. The action then broke down with Lucky trying to make an impression with a plancha on the outside. Back in the ring, Harris blind-tagged into the match and cut off Kaval before landing a flying plancha. Harris grazed Kaval, but made the cover for the win.

Post-match: Sheamus tore apart the NXT Rookies to get his heat back. He smashed Hennig and Cannon on the outside, then entered the ring to clear away the other Rookies. Poor Kaval was left alone in the ring. Sheamus picked up the scraps by landing a running Outsider's Edge, the High Cross, on Kaval. Sheamus then grabbed the mic as Watson helped Kaval out of the ring. He said it's a message to the GM, the fans, and especially Randy Orton. Sheamus guaranteed he will still be WWE champ this time next week. He threw the mic down, then stormed out of the ring.

WINNERS: Riley & Harris & Hennig at 3:06. Solid use of the NXT Rookies for Sheamus to get his heat back ahead of Summerslam. Proper use of scrubs if they're going to be featured on Raw. (*)

4 -- ZACK RYDER & WILLIAM REGAL vs. JOHN MORRISON & R-TRUTH

Ryder and Regal worked over Truth early on. Ryder then showboated and ate the turnbuckle for his trouble. Morrison took a hot tag from Truth, then followed with a high leg whip and a flip-over facebuster. Unique move. The action broke down as Morrison nailed Ryder with the Flying Chuck. Morrison then followed up with Starship Pain, and they went to a different camera angle in case he airballed it. Morrison with the cover for the win. Morrison and Truth hugged it out as Cole said this was big for Team WWE's unity.

WINNERS: Morrison & Truth at 2:13. As expected here. Fine match with an eye on Summerslam. (n/a)

5 -- BELLA TWINS vs. GAIL KIM & EVE vs. MARYSE & JILLIAN HALL -- Santino and Kozlov special referees

The action broke down early on in this as various beach-appropriate props became involved, including an inner tube. The Bellas eventually scored the pin for the win. Post-match: Tamina of the Usos group randomly entered the ring. She was out of place not dressed for the beach. Tamina walked up to Santino and gave him a once-over. Santino and Kozlov then walked out of the ring and Tamina sold that she was enthralled with Santino.

WINNERS: Bellas at 2:42. Odd. In a lot of ways. (n/a)

6 -- BRET HART & JOHN CENA vs. EDGE & CHRIS JERICHO -- Nexus as lumberjacks

Cena was knocked to the outside early on, so Nexus beat him up a bit before rolling him back into the ring. They repeated this after Jericho rolled Cena to the outside. Jericho mocked the "Cena, Cena" chants before Cena bought some time throwing Jericho to the floor. Nexus gave Jericho some space and Jericho sold fear over what they might do, but they didn't touch him. Jericho confidently re-entered the ring, then Cena and Jericho exchanged holds. Cena found himself on the outside, but he got in a blow on Barrett. Cena then caused Jericho to bump Barrett before knocking Jericho to the floor. Jericho told Nexus to get them, but Nexus jumped Jericho on the outside. Edge then took a beating. Gabriel rolled into the ring where Hart decked him, then Nexus regrouped on the outside with a discussion.

Nexus slowly circled the ring as the match apparently came to a halt. Annoying non-finish here. Suddenly, Morrison and Truth hit the ring to back up Cena and Hart. Nexus then entered the ring as Edge was shown leaving. Jericho then joined Edge on the ramp. They sort of looked at each other and Jericho motioned for them to leave. Edge then motioned back the other way and they charged the ring to stand next to Team WWE.

They cut to a shot of the hard camera showing both sides squaring off against each other itching for a fight. They had the shaky hard cam for this and a hot crowd, then a big fight broke out in the ring. Barrett hightailed it out of the ring and Nexus followed him out of the ring. Skip was shown running stadium steps to the top of the lower level. Nexus joined them in the stands as Edge stood tall in the ring. Nexus was shown standing at the top of the lower level seats with Team WWE standing together in the ring. Cena's music hit and the announcers were silent as the camera cut back and forth between Team WWE and Team Nexus staring at each other. Cena was shown standing tall in the ring as Nexus shot him hand gestures. "It's on Sunday at Summerslam" was the message to conclude the show ten minutes past the top of the hour.

WINNER: No decision at no time. The annoying non-finish habit continued here, as expected with the final angle needing to be Team WWE strong and united going into Summerslam. A seventh slot remains to be filled. Perhaps they can have Miz, Henry, Bourne, Khali, and DiBiase in a PPV-opening battle royal. Overall, good final hype for Summerslam. Never underestimate the power of the shaky hard cam. WWE hopes renewed interest in Raw via the Nexus angle, the audience believing Nexus is a legit threat, and a strong front by Team WWE to conclude the final sales pitch will be enticing enough to order a PPV where a wrestling match likely won't settle anything, if we're being realistic here. It will be interesting to see if WWE translates increased viewership into increased PPV buyers on Sunday. (n/a)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #504 on: August 11 2010, 01:08 am »
ROH on HDNet Live Results: 8-9-10

Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Mathieson's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1. Rasche Brown defeated Necro Butcher in a Butcher's Rules match by DQ in 3:55. Necro is now sporting a shaved head, but still has the hobo beard. Brown dominated briefly and ripped Necro's shirt off. Necro rolled to the floor and Brown tried a dive, but ran head-first into a steel chair. The camera cut late so I couldn't tell if Brown got his hands up, but it sounded like he did.

Necro controlled the action for a bit before Brown suplexed him to the floor. Brown grabbed a chair and Necro got one of his own. They faced off with the chairs in the ring but Erick Stevens ran in and attacked Brown to cause the DQ. The rest of the Embassy attacked Brown but the locker room, led by the Dark City Fight Club, came down and ran off the Embassy.

Joe's Judgment: I wonder if this feud will ever progress. It seems like it's at the same place it was a year ago, only the names have changed and some have switched sides.

2. Colt Cabana defeated Alex Anthony in 2:20. Anthony's gear looks like "a cross between Little Richard and Sabu" according to Dave Prazak. Some comedy early on with Cabana backing Anthony into the ropes with a collar and elbow tie-up, then somehow getting Todd Sinclair to switch places, then counting five for Sinclair. As Colt admonished Sinclair, Anthony tried a rollup, but couldn't get Colt down.

Colt dominated with his European style stuff, then won with a Flying *******, bionic elbow, and Billy Goat's Curse for the submission. As Colt's music played, Kevin Steen walked out with a chair and hit the guardrails a couple times, distracting Cabana while Steve Corino ran out with a chain and hit Cabana in the head. Corino then started to choke out Cabana and a student ran down to stop him, but was thrown out of the ring by Steen. El Generico ran down with a chair to make the save and Steen grabbed Anthony and the student as a human shield.

Joe's Judgment: From the use of the chain I'm guessing we might get a dog collar match of some sort at Glory By Honor. The squash was entertaining and while it was a bit strange to see Colt clowning around, he flipped the switch to serious quickly enough.

3. Tyler Black vs. Christopher Daniels went to a time limit draw in 20:00. Daniels didn't shake hands with Black, which they could have made a big deal out of given Daniels' history, especially considering they were talking about how he helped found ROH at the time.

Daniels worked the arm for the first minute and a half before they traded athletic reversals and Tyler scored with a kick to the back for a nearfall. There was a pretty sick series of reversals of basic moves about two minutes in and Daniels ended up going back to Black's arm. At 6:00, Daniels held a hammerlock and drove Black shoulder-first into the turnbuckles.

Black backdropped Daniels onto the apron shortly thereafter, and when Daniels tried a suplex Black hit a Pele kick, then a tope con hilo. Black set Daniels up on the apron and hit a running knee strike that got two after he pulled Daniels back in the ring.

Black stomped on Daniels' face and went to work on the neck. Daniels connected with a couple right hands but Black hit a backdrop and another running knee. Black got two with a side slam and then got in the face of Todd Sinclair.

At 12:45, Black whipped Daniels into the ropes where he caught himself as Black backflipped in the middle of the ring. Daniels caught him with a kick and a Blue Thunder powerbomb for a nearfall. Daniels got two again with a DVD and went for the Angel's Wings, but Black fought out and kicked Daniels in the head.

Black went for the bucklebomb, but Daniels reversed and drove him headfirst into the second turnbuckle and hit the Fall From Grace for two. Daniels pointed at the corner for the BME but as he stepped over Tyler, Tyler rolled him up for a nearfall. Tyler got two again with a leaping lariat and went for the Phoenix Splash, but Daniels prevented it.

Black hit a superkick and then Paroxysm for two. Black clubbed Daniels' back and then went for the Pele kick which Daniels dropped down to avoid and then immediately locked in the Koji Clutch. Oh wow. Black picked Daniels up and ran him into the turnbuckles. Both men exchanged pinning combinations until the bell rang for the time limit draw.

Roderick Strong came out and said that now that Daniels has shown he couldn't get the job done, he wanted the shot he earned in Toronto. Davey Richards followed (with new tights) and said Strong had to go through him to earn his shot. Daniels said that they were too narcissistic to realize that the only one of them who Black hadn't pinned was him, and the camera closed with the four of them arguing in the ring and a video hyped next week's Strong/Richards main event to close the show.

Joe's Judgment: Awesome action. Some of the reversals, particularly the Pele kick into the Koji Clutch, were beautiful, and even the more pedestrian ones were nice. The arm work was kind of forgotten by the end of the match, but the action more than made up for it. Fantastic match.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #505 on: August 12 2010, 12:10 pm »
WWE NXT Results: 8-10-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results and elimination sequence.

1 -- LUCKY CANNON & KAVAL & PERCY WATSON vs. HUSKY HARRIS & JOE HENNIG & HUSKY HARRIS

This would be the perfect spot to show a pinfall can happen at any moment, which was a key part of the discussion on the Livecast today. Cannon almost succeeded with a quick pin attempt on Harris that resulted in a nearfall. The re-match from last night's Raw included Kaval looking just fine and healthy on the babyface team. That seems to undermine the WWE champ, Sheamus's, finishing move and offense if Kaval is fine for a match the night after Sheamus destroyed him. Cannon and Watson tagged in and out for the babyfaces, leaving Kaval on the outside, as the announcers said Lucky needs to find an edge or he could be eliminated. Lucky then measured Riley and took him out with a suicide dive on the outside. After the spot, Lucky sold his shoulder and Riley sold a blow to his face as they cut to break.

Back from break, Lucky was selling in the ring after Riley regained control of the match. The heels tagged in and working over Lucky as Mathews quizzed Cole on who he voted for in the NXT poll. Miz said he voted for Alex Riley. It was a trick question - he was supposed to say Linda McMahon...or his integrity as a broadcaster meant he did not want to show favoritism and opted not to vote. Or not.

Kaval eventually tagged in at 10:00 and worked on Hennig with kick strikes. He then applied a unique submission hanging on Hennig's back, but Husky broke it up. The action totally broke down, then Kaval and Hennig were left in the ring. Hennig went for a neckbreaker, but Kaval moved and landed a big double foot smash in the corner. Kaval then went up top a big cheer and landed his Warrior's Way double foot smash to the chest. Kaval with the pin - with the crowd shouting one...two...three - and the win. Cue up Lay-Cool with the big celebration. Cole said that was huge for Kaval, who he said has been the favorite of the "Internet folks." Mathews said Kaval might have swayed some votes from the Pros. The babyfaces celebrated in the ring while Kaval smiled at the heels retreating on the outside.

WINNERS: Team Kaval in 11:00. Decent tag match. Lucky's role was pretty apparent - take the crowd down, then set them up for a big high when Kaval tagged in and started executing his offense. Nice showcase for Kaval, who has certainly been over with this crowd tonight. (*1/2)

2 -- U.S. champion THE MIZ vs. JOHN MORRISON -- non-title match

Miz took control of the match as Cole attempted to shoot down the team chemistry concept considering Chris Jericho and Edge are now part of Team WWE. Morrison then came back with a corner attack before executing a nice corkscrew plancha onto Miz on the floor. They cut to break with Morrison in control.

Back from break, Miz had Morrison in a reverse chinlock back in the ring. They replayed the corkscrew plancha from during the break as Morrison tried to break free of the chinlock, but Miz cut him off with a yank of the hair. Miz continued an aggressive attack, including his signature running corner clothesline. Cole tried to make himself relevant on Madden 2011 day with a "Miz is like the John Madden of NXT" reference. Morrison fought back from his knees against Miz, then executed a roll-up for a two count. Morrison landed a kick thrust, then an explosive clothesline, followed by a pancake. Morrison fired up the crowd before nailing the springboard Flying Chuck for a two count. Morrison attempted a running knee strike, but Miz ducked and kicked J-Mo in the head for a two count.

They went to the finish where Morrison teased Starship Pain, but Miz moved out of the way. Morrison then attempted a leaping enziguiri kick, but Miz ducked. Morrison sold smashing his knee into the ropes and hobbled out of the corner where Morrison executed a Skullcrushing Finale. Miz with the pin for the win. Cole said Team WWE doesn't need another injury before Summerslam. He added an odd line that this didn't accomplish anything other than Miz winning yet again. They replayed the finish as Miz held the U.S. Title belt and MITB briefcase in Morrison's face. Cole suggested Miz controls the fate of Team WWE come Sunday when he decides whether to join the team or not.

WINNER: Miz in 11:00. Good TV match with some good back-and-forth. A Morrison match is always subject to a mistimed spot or two, but he kept a pretty clean sheet here. (I miss the World Cup.) Nice emphasis on Miz heading to Summerslam to reinforce his heel persona. (**)

Kaval is back to #1. Lay-Cool celebrated in fine fashion. Hennig is #2, dropping from #1 in the last poll. #3 is Percy Watson, who leapfrogged Alex Riley, surprisingly. Husky Harris was #4, so he's out of the danger zone for the first time. So, it's Riley or Lucky. Striker asked them to step forward to see how this is going down. And #5 is Alex Riley, who breathed a sigh of relief. Actually, Miz breathed a deeper sigh of relief. #6 is Lucky Cannon, and he's gone.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #506 on: August 12 2010, 12:10 pm »
TNA News: Eric Bischoff refutes claim Hulk Hogan & Bischoff are leaving TNA

Eric Bischoff is refuting claims made by an apparent Hulk Hogan imposter on Twitter that Hogan and Bischoff are leaving TNA.

There has recently been talk of Hogan creating an official Twitter page. Eric Bischoff linked to the apparent new Hogan page earlier today, which followed Hogan's close friend, Bubba the Love Sponge, linking to it on his Twitter page last night.

The apparent imposter "Hogan" posted today that Bischoff and he are departing TNA "on a mutual basis." Bischoff followed by saying on his Twitter that the Hogan account he linked to was fake and the claims were not true.

"The Hulk Hogan twitter posts are fake. Hulk IS in the process of setting up a page, but has not as yet. The rumors of us leaving TNA are bogus," Bischoff said after the posts were made.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #507 on: August 15 2010, 01:22 am »
All of this week's shows (WWE Superstars and Smackdown plus TNA's Whole F'n Show!) are posted on my TOKYOPOP Blog link below my signature picture. Some are extra-long so I would't be able to post them here without some issues. You can also go to Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread Post #10413 and posts thereafter for results and news about a wrestler dying yesterday.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #508 on: August 16 2010, 01:15 pm »
WWE SummerSlam PPV Results: 8-15-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's ongoing report).. Results posted here cover the next three posts.

1 -- Intercontinental champion DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. KOFI KINGSTON -- IC Title match

Kingston quickly showed off his new aggressiveness and Cole noted he can't win the IC Title via DQ tonight. Kofi knocked Dolph to the outside, then attempted a plancha, but Vickie yanked Dolph out of the way for the save. Kofi barely made it back into the ring, then Dolph went on the attack with right hands. The announcers continued to focus on Vickie and Dolph's relationship as Dolph slowed things down. Striker acknowledged the attempt to "create levity" and they re-focused on calling the match with Dolph working over Kingston's back and upper neck. Dolph missed with a corner splash to finally lose control of the match and Kingston fired off a round of chops. Kingston drew the ref's ire with a succession of right hands from a mount position, then hit the Boom Drop.

Dolph and Kofi traded nearfalls in rapid-fire fashion. Dolph then "made Kofi famous," as Striker said, with the Rocker Dropper for a two count. Kofi tried to come back with the Trouble in Paradise kick, but Dolph ducked and slapped on the sleeperhold. Suddenly, Nexus stormed the ring from out of nowhere and ambushed Kingston. Dolph was clotheslined to the floor, leaving Kofi alone in the ring. Nexus circled around him and Kofi tried to fight out, but Nexus gang attacked him. Darren Young got the spotlight to hit a spinning facebuster, then Barrett picked up Kingston to give him his trademark overhead slam.

Nexus stood over Kingston's fallen body and Barrett took the mic. He said this is a little taste of what's going to happen tonight. Barrett said Team WWE is looking for a seventh member right now, but it won't make a difference because the roster is so fragmented and so divided that they won't be able to get together long enough to sign a birthday card. Great line. On the other hand, Barrett claimed Nexus is the most destructive force in WWE history. He said they're united behind a common purpose. He put WWE...and the world on notice that they're either Nexus or against us. Barrett dropped the mic and left the ring.

WINNER: No Decision at 7:05. Another annoying "no decision announced," but they accomplished an important goal establishing Nexus as a major threat right off the bat. The match to this point was just okay with the strong points being the nearfalls at the end. (*)

2 -- Divas champion ALICIA FOX vs. MELINA -- Divas Title match

Divas champion Alicia Fox came out first to defend the title, followed by Melina returning to her hometown wearing...well...something perhaps from the Lady Gaga collection. Melina struggled to remove the elaborate wardrobe, causing a delay before the opening bell. They had a back-and-forth opening exchange before Melina began selling a knee injury by hobbling around the ring. Alicia then worked over Melina, who came back with a Thesz Press and did a primal scream to set up her comeback. Melina then finished off Alicia to score the pinfall to re-capture the Divas Title she never lost before going down with an injury in December. They stayed with the moment for a while as Melina celebrated the victory.

In the post-match, Josh Mathews tried to get an interview with Melina, but Lay-Cool interrupted, with Layla holding the Women's Title. Lay-Cool slowly made their way into the ring and tried to verbally tear her down while also circling around her. A catfight broke out with Melina trying to fight off Layla, but McCool clobbered her from behind. They knocked Melina to the outside, then trash-talked her. McCool followed with a big designer-shoe kick to the gut, knocking Melina into the guardrail.

WINNER: Melina at 5:25 to capture the Divas Title. An awkward match at times, but the bigger story being perhaps a little foreshadowing for unifying the two women's titles? It's reasonable considering the lack of roster depth, injuries, and overall de-emphasis on women's wrestling in WWE. (*)

3 -- BIG SHOW vs. STRAIGHT EDGE SOCIETY (C.M. PUNK & JOSEPH MERCURY & LUKE GALLOWS w/Serena) -- handicap match

Punk tried to form a conference to discuss their strategy, but Show knocked all the pins down early on. Punk went for comedy grabbing the tag rope while standing on the apron as Show cleared the ring. The match moved to the floor where Punk tried to smash Show's hand into the ring steps, but Show side-stepped him. Show tried to follow with the big frying pan-like chop, but Punk moved and Show's injured hand ate the ring steps. SES quickly seized an opportunity to smash Show's hand before taking him back into the ring to do some more damage.

Big Show made a comeback with a fired-up attack, but Punk cut him off and landed a high knee in the corner. Punk and Mercury then combined for a double bulldog, with Show kinda rolling on top of Mercury, who tried to avoid being squashed. Punk tried to capitalize with elbow strikes to the arm, but Show lifted Punk in the air. Mercury attempted a top rope dive, but Show guzzled him. Luke then kicked Show in the gut, sending Punk over the top rope, then Show double-clotheslined Luke and Joey. Serena helped Punk to his feet on the floor. Meanwhile, back in the ring, Show chokeslammed Joey on top of Luke and made the double cover for the pin and the win. Post-match: Punk and Serena stood on the stage staring back at Show, who glared at them from inside the ring.

WINNER: Big Show at 6:50. Show gets the win, but Punk survived Show to continue the program. Basic booking here. Not exactly exciting stuff, though. (*)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #509 on: August 16 2010, 01:15 pm »
4 -- WWE champion SHEAMUS vs. RANDY ORTON -- WWE Title match

The stipulations are that anyone who outside interferes will be suspended indefinitely. No word on whether that applies to Nexus, which has been favored by the anonymous Raw GM. Also, if Orton loses, he goes to the back of the line. Sheamus did a lot of showboating early on, prompting Orton to kick him and stomp him into the corner. Orton then clotheslined Sheamus over the top rope to the outside and rammed him head-first into the announce table. Orton took him over the guardrail to the front row as the ref applied a ten count. Orton continued to attack Sheamus, then realized the count situation and took him back to ringside and back into the ring.

Orton did his classic stomp before knocking Sheamus to the outside again. Sheamus is taking a beating early on here. Orton then tried to whip Sheamus into the ring steps, but Sheamus reversed and Orton ate the steps. Orton sold a shoulder/elbow injury to the right arm before rolling back into the ring. Sheamus then went on the attack with rapid-fire right hands as the crowd tried to rally with a "Randy, Randy" chant. Orton tried to come back with his spike DDT off the middle rope, but Sheamus countered with a back drop clear over the top rope to the floor. And the match moved back to the outside. Sheamus rammed Orton into the guardrail two deliberate times before taking him back into the ring. Sheamus landed a Polish Hammer, then made a cover for a two count.

At 10:00, Sheamus settled into a rear chinlock. Orton came to his feet and tried to fight back, but Sheamus countered with a drop toe hold into the middle turnbuckle. Nice counter. Orton tried another comeback, but Sheamus cut him off with another Polish Hammer. Sheamus went back to work on the neck with a submission hold and Orton teased another comeback before hitting a back drop suplex to escape. Orton and Sheamus came together and started trading right hand bombs to energize the crowd with boo / yeah chants. Orton entered full babyface comeback mode with the snap powerslam before cocking his head to tease the RKO. Not yet, though, as Orton took Sheamus up top and executed a superplex. Orton made a cover, but Sheamus kicked out in time.

Orton slithered across the ring, then stalked Sheamus. He tried to hit a clothesline, but Sheamus ducked and hit the Irish Curse backbreaker for another nearfall. Sheamus teased the Brogue Kick, but Orton was slow to get to his feet against the ropes. Sheamus, impatient, tried the kick anyways, but Orton ducked and Sheamus spilled to the outside. Sheamus tried to get back into the ring, but Orton snapped to attention and dropped him with the spike DDT off the middle rope. Orton then snapped and "went into that place" grabbing his face with his hands. Orton pounded the mat to tease the RKO, but Sheamus shoved Orton off just in time to avoid the RKO. Sheamus made a cover, but Orton kicked out. Nice nearfall.

Sheamus tried to follow up with the Celtic Cross powerbomb, but Orton slipped out. Orton teased the RKO, but Sheamus shoved off and nailed the Brogue Kick for a close nearfall. They finally have the crowd fully engaged here. Sheamus teased ripping his hair out after the nearfall, then he rolled to the outside and grabbed a chair. Sheamus tried to enter the ring with the chair, but ref Jack Doane fought him for control of it. The ref was flung to the outside in the process, and the ref called for a DQ. Yep, they pretty much gave away the DQ finish on Raw last Monday. Sheamus smiled down at the ref after he called for the DQ.

Post-match: Still in the ring, Sheamus measured Orton for a chair shot as Orton slowly made his way to his feet. Orton ducked, though, then kicked Sheamus with a deliberate strike to the groin. Orton then slowly picked up the chair, but dropped it on the mat and rolled Sheamus to the outside. Orton's IED kicked in and he started clearing the announce table. Orton put Sheamus on the announce table and stared down at Sheamus. He shot him a sinister smile, then RKO'ed Sheamus onto the announce table. No table break. Orton's music hit and that was that. He walked away from ringside after being declared the victor, then his music stopped. Roberts announced Sheamus as still being WWE champion, which drew a smattering of boos. A medic helped Sheamus recover after taking the RKO on the table. Sheamus sold and sold and sold before flinging the medics away to try to stand up on his own. No Miz cash-in?

WINNER: Orton via DQ at 18:56; Sheamus retained the WWE Title. Methodical ten-minute opening, then a strong second-half finally getting the crowd engaged. The DQ finish was expected based on the Raw hype and Orton's chase for the title continues. It likely wasn't the finish most WWE fans were looking for, though, after a so-so first hour. (**3/4)

5 -- World Hvt. champion KANE vs. REY MYSTERIO -- World Hvt. Title match

Kane landed early offense, but Rey won a cat & mouse game on the outside, including a running splash off the apron. Back in the ring, Kane took control with power offense overcoming Rey's speed. Back on the outside, Kane rammed Rey back-first into the ringpost before rolling him back into the ring. And back inside the ring they went where Kane went to work on Rey trying to wear him down. Striker channeled Jesus's speech to the disciples about Rey's spirit being stronger than his flesh taking Kane's punishment to enhance the story of the match. And back to the outside they went where Rey gained a brief advantage. He rolled Kane back into the ring before going to the top turnbuckle for a flying head-first dive. The result was a two count. Kane then went back to work on Rey and continued to wear him down. Kane was pretty humorous channeling Tyson Kidd and Chris Jericho talking trash in the middle of a submission hold telling Rey to give up and avoid further punishment.

At 9:20, Kane went up top, but Rey cut him off. With the crowd dead quiet, tone-deaf Cole said the crowd is on the edge of their seats here. Striker corrected him that they're in an "uncomfortable hush" anticipating what's going to happen. The match reset with Rey going up top with a sentaun that connected. Rey followed with a spinning DDT for a two count. Rey then hit a springboard guillotine leg drop to the back of the head for another two count. Rey followed with right hands, followed by a kick strike to the face for another two count. Rey went up top, but Kane countered with a mid-air uppercut for another nearfall.

Kane walked over to the casket and opened the lid. He teased a chokeslam, but Rey blocked and set up the 619. Kane grabbed him to block, though, and teased a chokeslam, but Rey fell into the casket. Rey fought out of the casket, then missed with a second 619 attempt. He connected on the third 619 attempt, though. Rey tried a springboard splash, but Kane blocked. Rey tried a roll-up anyways, but Kane kicked out. Kane then blasted Rey with a boot to the face. He proceeded to drop Rey with a chokeslam and he made the cover for the win.

WINNER: Kane at 13:30 to retain the World Hvt. Title. Sluggish match, uninterested crowd, and a solid final two minutes was the story here. The casket was a decent prop to include in the match to enhance the finish. (**)

Post-match: Kane took the mic and talked down to Rey, who was on the mat selling. Kane told Rey he will pay for what he did to his brother with eternal suffering. Kane leaned in close to Rey to tell him he will be surrounded by darkness within the casket. Kane tried to put Rey in the casket, but Rey fought him off. Kane landed another chokeslam, then a third in total. Kane followed with a Tombstone Piledriver planting Rey into the mat. Kane then dragged Rey across the ring, opened the casket, and there was The Undertaker. The crowd popped.

Kane freaked out, backed up, and Taker slowly sat up. He looked very aged sans make-up, selling the "vegetative state" bit. He looked very "Mean Mark" here. Taker stumbled into the ring like Frankenstein, still selling the effects, apparently. Taker stared at Kane, who smiled and told him it was Mysterio. Taker leaned down and gave Mysterio a message, with some coughing. He asked Rey why he did it. "I swear, I swear, it wasn't me," Rey quietly said. Taker said he believes him. He then grabbed Rey around the throat and pulled him up. Kane smiled in the background, not privy to the conference in the corner.

Taker did the throat slash toward Rey, then turned around and shot Kane "the look." Kane shook his head that he didn't do it. Taker did a Hogan point, then grabbed Kane around the throat. Kane met his grip, though, and grabbed Taker around the throat. The "brothers" had a struggle, then Kane overpowered Taker, who Striker noted has been in a vegetative state. Kane landed a Tombstone Piledriver on Taker to win this particular battle. His pyro shot off, then he took the World Title and walked off, leaving Taker in the ring struggling to collect himself. Kane did his maniacal laugh on the stage as the announcers suggested this confirms Kane took out Taker. Striker asked what revenge Taker will seek on Friday's Smackdown.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #510 on: August 16 2010, 01:15 pm »
6 -- TEAM WWE vs. TEAM NEXUS -- Elimination tag match

After everyone settled down, Danielson and Darren Young started things off. Striker noted it's Daniel Bryan and Darren Young in the main event of Summerslam. Danielson slapped on an early Crossface and Young, the weak link in the group, tapped out less than one minute in. Hot start for Danielson. Team WWE started trading tags in and out as Cole continued to try to knock the Danielson decision. Morrison then hit Starship Pain on Michael Tarver and eliminated him at 3:34. Team WWE up 7-5.

Nexus regrouped on the outside and Wade Barrett talked them up trying to get their heads back in the game. Skip Sheffield was next in there for Nexus against Morrison. Skip dominated Morrison as the crowd chanted for Bret Hart. J-Mo then fought back, but Gabriel smashed Morrison from behind on the ring apron. Skip then nailed his signature clothesline to score a pin on Skip for the win. R-Truth was in next and Skip quickly eliminated him with another big clothesline. And they're even at 5-5.

Chris Jericho entered next and Sheffield tagged in Barrett, who worked on his NXT Pro. Good focus on Skip in this sequence. David Otunga then tagged in and worked on Jericho a bit before Nexus began tagging in and out. Jericho broke free and made his way to Bret Hart, who tagged in. Heath Slater also tagged in for Nexus. Hart looked sharp early with right hand punches, then some serious rapid-fire blows in a corner mount. Hart landed a punch to the gut, then a classic elbow. He followed with a scoop slam, then another classic elbow drop. Hart picked up Slater, then a classic atomic drop into a clothesline. Hart teased the Sharpshooter in front of Nexus, then a chair was suddenly slid into the ring. Hart picked it up and cracked the chair over Slater's back, prompting a DQ. Hart blamed Barrett for rolling the chair into the ring. The ref wouldn't take the excuse and Cena watched with concern as Hart walked out of the ring. Overall, strong performance from Hart. Well done.

They reset with Skip taking the Codebreaker from Jericho. Edge then measured Skip for the Spear and he connected. Skip is gone and they're even at four. Justin Gabriel tagged in next and Edge worked him over. Gabriel then came back with a step-up kick and made a cover for a nearfall. Slater was in next and he stomped away on Edge. Wade Barrett then tagged in and pounded on Edge, who took a beating for a few minutes. Edge broke free from Barrett with a kick to the head and Cena begged for a tag from the apron. Barrett cut him off with a neckbreaker, though, and Nexus resumed control. David Otunga begged for a piece of Edge and Otunga entered the ring. Otunga wanted his dominator finisher, but Edge countered with a faceplant.

Edge crawled over to his corner and tagged in Jericho, who came in fresh with offense for Otunga. Jericho landed a running bulldog, Otunga positioned himself, and Jericho landed a Lionsault across the ring. Jericho pumped the crowd, then slapped on the Walls of Jericho. Jericho nearly dropped the hold trying to apply it, but he re-synched it and Otunga tapped out at 19:15. WWE up 4-3 now. Slater was in next. Jericho took control, but then accidentally bumped Cena off the apron when Slater shoved him. Slater followed with his finisher on Jericho and he was gone at 20:05.

Edge and Cena proceeded to yell and scream at each other due to the Jericho situation. Edge shoved him, but Cena backed up to the ring apron to avoid a fight breaking out. Edge kept trying to yell at him, so Slater rolled up Edge and scored a pin at 20:40. Afterward, Edge and Jericho trash-talked Cena and beat him on the outside, blaming Cena for their eliminations. Cole proceeded to cut a promo on Daniel Bryan, with it down to Cena and Bryan vs. three Nexus members. Cena was rolled into the ring and Nexus began picking apart Cena. Cena then fought back and teased a comeback, but Barrett cut him off with a clothesline for a two count. Cena teased another comeback on Gabriel, but Gabriel cut him off. The crowd started a dueling chant of "Let's go Cena" and "Cena sucks" as Nexus continued to work on Cena, Cole continued to rip Bryan, and Bryan continued to look for a tag from the apron.

Cena made a comeback as Striker hyped Daniel wanting this opportunity to defend WWE. Cole said the entire future of WWE could be resting on Bryan's shoulders. Cena teased a tag to Bryan, but Nexus cut off Cena again. Cena then exploded out of the corner with a clothesline and Slater responded with a clothesline. After the double knock down, Cena teased another tag to Bryan and finally got the tag in. Bryan came in hot with flying offense on Slater, followed by a German Suplex. Bryan nailed a big dropkick before landing multiple kick strikes in the corner. Bryan then knocked down Slater, showed fire, and charged the ropes with a big flying suicide dive. Decent response from the audience thus far. The males chanted, "Daniel Bryan," as he re-entered the ring with a top rope missile dropkick on Slater. Daniel knocked the Nexus members off the ring apron. Slater then tried a roll-up, but Daniel rolled out into a Crossface. The crowd popped and Slater tapped at 29:00.

After the fall, Daniel called for one of the remaining two members of Nexus. The ref was occupied with Slater, though, and Miz stormed the ring with briefcase in hand. Miz blasted Daniel from behind with the MITB case and Barrett pinned Daniel for the elimination. There's your set up for Miz vs. Bryan on Raw. So, it's Cena vs. Barrett and Gabriel. Cena was selling on the outside, so Barrett rolled Cena back into the ring for Gabriel to go to work. Cena avoided a corner attack, though, and made his big comeback. Cena hit the sit-out slam, then set up the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena connected, then Barrett blind-tagged in from behind. Barrett pounded on Cena with right hand blows before kicking him in the head.

At 32:00, Barrett and Gabriel began trading tags in and out working on Cena. They're nearing the top of the hour and Barrett knocked Cena to the outside. Barrett and Gabriel then removed the ringside padding to expose the concrete on the floor. The crowd was "hushed" as Barrett slowly picked up Cena. Barrett smiled before executing a DDT on the floor. Barrett seemed to take the worst of it, coming up holding his back. Barrett then picked up Cena and rolled him back into the ring. Barrett placed Cena in the corner, then he tagged in Gabriel to hit the trademark 450 Splash. In came Brad Lidge for the close, but he blew the save with Cena moving out of the way. Cena then made the cover at 34:52 and Gabriel is gone. Barrett tried to come right in with a roll-up, but Cena countered into an STF. Barrett fought the hold, but he eventually tapped out, giving Cena the win for Team WWE.

Post-match: Cena held his head to continue selling before he came to his feet. They replayed high points from the match, including Bryan's big night. Of course, Cole blamed Bryan for getting himself eliminated. They cut back to Cena in the ring celebrating. Cena did the big "pump up the crowd" celebration before leaning on the ropes to celebrate the victory. They went off the air at 9:58 CST.

WINNERS: Team WWE at 35:18. Very strong main event that pushed the PPV to a very mild thumbs up. They established Daniel Bryan as a star in his return, showing off his offense and setting up a likely U.S. Title feud with The Miz. As for the booking, it was surprising to see WWE play the "Daniel Bryan return" card when they could have stretched it out longer. Also, it was curious booking to see Team WWE get the first win in the battle with Team Nexus. At this point in the PPV, they almost had to end with a babyface victory after Rey lost, Orton didn't win the WWE Title, and Dolph kept the IC Title. It will be very interesting to see how WWE gets Nexus's heat back after this. (****)

Order of Elimination:
(1) Darren Young via Danielson at 0:42.
(2) Michael Tarver via Morrison at 3:34.
(3) John Morrison via Sheffield at 7:31.
(4) R-Truth via Sheffield at 7:58.
(5) Bret Hart DQ'ed at 12:05.
(6) Skip Sheffield via Edge at 13:12.
(7) David Otunga via Jericho at 19:15.
(8) Chris Jericho via Slater at 20:05.
(9) Edge via Slater at 20:40.
(10) Slater via Danielson at 29:00.
(11) Danielson via Barrett (w/Miz assist) at 29:32.
(12) Gabriel via Cena at 34:52.
(13) Barrett via Cena at 35:18.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #511 on: August 18 2010, 02:07 am »
WWE RAW Results: 8-16-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- CHRIS JERICHO vs. WADE BARRETT -- If Barrett loses, he's out of Nexus

The bell sounded and the crowd started a "Y2J" chant. Jericho then took the attack to Barrett early on. Cole recapped Daniel Bryan re-joining WWE last night at Summerslam and said they'll have more on that development later tonight. Wait for it, wait for it...wait, no promo from Cole on Bryan. Jericho went up top for a high-risk attack, but Barrett big-booted him off the top to the floor. Barrett pounded on Jericho, then took him back into the ring and slapped on a submission hold. Lawler noted the odd aspect of this match with the crowd cheering for Jericho, who made a comeback at 3:30. Lawler also noted if everyone on Nexus lost, the group would be wiped off the mat.

Jericho teased the Walls of Jericho, but Barrett countered with a leg whip. He tried to follow with his finisher, but Jericho rolled to the ground and slapped on the Walls of Jericho. Barrett made it to the bottom rope, through, for a break. Jericho complained to the ref, giving Barrett an opening for a big boot for a two count. Jericho then tried to come back with the codebreaker, but Barrett grabbed Jericho around the legs and pulled him into overhead slam position to execute his finisher. Barrett quickly made the cover for the win. They cut to the locker room to show Nexus nodding their approval with the victory. Barrett, holding his head, left the ring with a smile on his face as he stared back at Jericho in the ring.

WINNER: Barrett at 5:20 to remain leader of Nexus. Nice match. Barrett is definitely a star and Jericho helped make him look good during their five minutes in the ring. Good start to the WWE vs. Nexus individual matches. (*1/2)

2 -- DANIEL BRYAN vs. MICHAEL TARVER -- If Tarver loses, he's out of Nexus

The crowd opened with "Daniel Bryan" chants. Cole cut a promo on Bryan, saying he spent ten years on the minor leagues. Lawler defended Cole that he headlined in front of 50,000 in Japan. Cole continued his anti-Bryan spiel as Bryan executed some strong offense on Tarver. Bryan landed kick strikes, then a rapid-fire series of kicks in the corner. Bryan then ducked underneath Tarver and executed a dropkick. He went up top and landed a double-foot missile dropkick before firing himself up. Suddenly, Miz and Alex Riley stormed ringside to taunt Bryan. Apparently that didn't count as outside interference. Tarver then rolled up Bryan from behind and scored a pin.

Post-match: Bryan came flying through the ropes with a suicide dive taking out Miz and Riley. Bryan pounded on Miz with right hands until Riley got from behind. Tarver tried to join in and Bryan fought him off. The numbers game caught up to Bryan and they rammed him into the guardrail. Miz then placed the MITB briefcase on the floor and he nailed the Skullcrushing Finale into the case. Miz and Riley talked trash and Bryan sold face-first on the mat. Cole, Miz, and Riley talked trash in various forms as Bryan sold to draw sympathy to conclude the segment.

WINNER: Tarver at 2:09. Good booking. Tarver won to push Nexus to 2-0 tonight, they got heat on Miz and Riley as a unit, Bryan got in some fired-up offense, they built up Bryan as a sympathetic figure, and set up a program with the audience ready to see him be the one to give Miz his comeuppance. (*)

3 -- RANDY ORTON vs. JUSTIN GABRIEL -- If Gabriel loses, he's out of Nexus

They came face-to-face after the opening bell and Orton glared down at Gabriel, who shoved him in the chest. Gabriel landed a few kick strikes, but Orton began dominating the match. Orton was in control, ready to take it home, but, suddenly, WWE champion Sheamus showed up ringside. Orton rolled to the outside and they started fighting on the outside before taking it over the guardrail to the front row. The ref reached a ten count and Orton was counted out, giving Gabriel the win. Meanwhile, Orton and Sheamus continued to brawl among the fans. Roberts then announced Gabriel as the winner, giving Orton pause.

Orton, having taken out Sheamus, then charged the rung, spun Gabriel around, and dropped him with the RKO. Orton wasn't done, as he left the ring to find a chair to his liking. The crowd was hot for Orton, who blasted Sheamus over and over across the back with the chair. Refs tried to intervene as Orton shouted to let out his frustration from not winning the WWE Title at Summerslam. "Randy Orton has snapped here tonight," Lawler said. The crowd chanted his name as he rubbed his face on the way out. Orton then stopped and decided he wasn't done. Orton sprinted to the other side of the ring by the announcers and dropped Sheamus with an RKO on the padded floor. Orton pounded the announce table, shot a sinister grin to the crowd, and his music played. Orton looked at his hands and Cole said something at Summerslam sent him off. He posed on the entrance ramp to conclude the segment.

WINNER: Gabriel via count-out at 2:53. The needed emphasis was on Orton back on the WWE Title chase taking his game to the next level. Although these non-finishes are coming too frequently lately, this one served a bigger purpose. The crowd was hot for Orton, which really added to the segment. Meanwhile, Nexus goes to 3-0. Sure, it was no thanks to Gabriel's effort, but that fit the group being heels distorting the truth and the match story was more about Orton-Sheamus. (*)

4 -- R-TRUTH & JOHN MORRISON vs. DAVID OTUNGA & SKIP SHEFFIELD -- Otunga and Skip are out of Nexus if they lose

They cut to a shot of the Nexus watching things from backstage while licking their wounds from various matches earlier in the show. Cole and Lawler drew attention to the crawler on the bottom of the screen noting the "historic international tour" coming up this week, including a first-ever trip to China. Morrison took a hot tag from R-Truth and worked on Otunga. Skip blind-tagged in for Otunga, though, and clubbed Morrison from behind with a clothesline. Skip then wanted his big running clothesline and he connected center ring. Skip with the cover for the win. Backstage, Nexus nodded approvingly as Skip shouted to the camera, "It's my time." Skip and Otunga then stood tall in the ring before they replayed high points from the match. Cole announced Heath Slater has Edge tonight. Back to Skip and Otunga celebrating in the ring.

WINNERS: Skip & Otunga at 2:55. Smackdown is probably looking like a pretty good option for Morrison right now, unless this recent de-emphasis is part of a story to eventually rebuild him. Skip is certainly being built up as the next Dave Batista on the roster. They're limiting his exposure in the ring, which is a good thing, and just emphasizing the strengths of his character. And they kept Otunga in the background, which was safe for everyone involved. Fine booking as it relates to Nexus. (*)

5 -- GAIL KIM & EVE TORRES & Divas champion MELINA vs. ALICIA FOX & MARYSE & JILLIAN HALL

Gail and Maryse looked like they were having a legit fight to open things up, which set an aggressive tone for the match. The action proceeded to break down with Melina and Alicia brawling on the outside. Gail and Maryse took their fight to the outside as well. Back in the ring, Eve dropped Jillian in the corner and wanted a moonsault, but Jillian countered with a powerbomb from the second rope for the pin and the win. Afterward, Jillian celebrated a very rare win. Maryse and Alicia joined in the "celebration," which turned into more bickering amongst the heels.

WINNERS: Team Jillian at 2:50. Melina-Alicia continues, Gail-Maryse picks up, and they're apparently back at square one. Good energy from the Divas trying to audition for more TV time on Raw. (*)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #512 on: August 18 2010, 02:07 am »
6 -- EDGE vs. HEATH SLATER -- If Slater loses, he's out of Nexus

Edge pounded on Slater with kicks and stomps in the corner before running to center ring to gauge the crowd reaction. The crowd was pro-Edge, but not nearly as behind Edge as they were for Jericho in the "heel playing a babyface" role. The match moved to the floor where Slater baited Edge into taking a dive into the guardrail. Back in the ring, Slater focused on the upper back that Slater softened up in the backstage segment pre-match. Edge fought back from his knees before Slater yanked him down to the mat by his hair. Edge made a comeback, but Slater cut him off with a modified spinebuster for a two count. The match moved to the corner, then to the floor where Edge ducked a clothesline and dropped Slater with a big boot.

On the floor, Edge slowly backed up to the guardrail and measured Slater for a spear as the referee applied a very fast ten count. Edge then went for the spear, but Slater ran into the ring to avoid the move. The ref reached ten and Edge was still standing on the floor, giving Slater a count-out win. Back in the ring, Slater celebrated, turned around, and Edge dropped him with a spear for the final word. Cole said Nexus is showing there's no hangover from Summerslam. Lawler said they've been lucky. Cole and Lawler gave a plug for Cena vs. Darren Young still to come.

WINNER: Slater via count-out at 4:31. Slater held his own in the ring as one of the better wrestlers in the group. It didn't make sense for Edge to lose clean here, so the finish made sense on paper. So many non-finishes, though, is adding up. Nexus has to be able to get on the mic to get heat distorting the truth on their wins because the audience won't buy them as a credible threat right now with the "lucky" wins combined with the loss at Summerslam. (*1/2)

7 -- JOHN CENA vs. DARREN YOUNG -- If Young loses, he's out of Nexus

Lawler suggested there's an "uneasy feeling" hovering over the match due to Nexus being able to re-establish dominance tonight with all victories thus far. Lawler, as the babyface color commentator, should have noted that not all of the wins were due to Nexus's efforts, but because of extenuating circumstances. That wasn't brought up due to WWE needing to distort the truth to re-build the group as a threat in the eyes of the fans. Cena and Young exchanged holds early on as the audio picked up some mid-ring chatter talking through the match. The crowd started dueling chants of "Let's go Cena" and "Cena Sucks." Cena powered out of a chinlock and Lawler noted Cena can "seem like Superman" at times. Young methodically worked on Cena before chucking him to the floor. They reached the top of the hour with Young following Cena to the outside and ramming him head-first into the ring steps. Cole reset the show as they cut to a shot of Nexus standing on the stage watching intently. Young then dropkicked the ring steps into Cena and re-entered the ring. Ref Jack Doane did a very slow ten count, exposing the lack of consistency following the super-fast count during Edge vs. Slater. Doane reached nine, then Cena hopped up and baseball slid into the ring. Naturally, Cena started his big comeback routine and gritted his teeth to suggest he was just fine. Cena set up the Five Knuckle Shuffle and connected. Young then walked into the Attitude Adjustment, but Young elbowed out. He tried a sunset flip, but Cena countered into the STF. After a few moments, Young tapped out, giving Cena the win. Young is gone from Nexus.

WINNER: Cena at 7:58. Pretty much a repeat from Cena's Superman routine at Summerslam where he quickly recovered from a beating on the outside, did the full routine, and slapped on the STF for the win. It's pretty comical at this point, but WWE's PG audience eats it up. (*1/2)

Post-match: Nexus ran down to ringside to surround the ring. Cena looked around as Nexus collectively hopped onto the ring apron. Cena had a back-door exit out of the ring and he opted to take it. Cena hopped down to the floor and watched as Nexus stared back at him. Nexus then walked into the ring and circled Darren Young, who pulled himself up and apologized to Barrett. David Otunga then jumped Young from behind and they mauled him. Lawler slipped and called him Daniel Bryan. Cole didn't take the bait for a Bryan promo and focused on the beat down.

Nexus pounded on Young with forearms, leading to Skip hitting his trademark lariat. Barrett picked up jelly-legged Darren Young and dropped him with a big overhead slam. They dragged Young to the corner, then Gabriel was instructed to finish him off. Gabriel paused, then hit the big 450 splash. Gabriel stared down at Young, somewhat remorseful for having to take out a former member. Tarver put his hand on his shoulder, as if to say it was necessary. The six remaining members of Nexus then stood tall in the ring with the camera focused on Wade Barrett to close the show.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #513 on: August 19 2010, 12:32 pm »
WWE NXT Results: 8-17-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results and eliminations.

Striker said most of the WWE wrestlers are on a tour of Asia, but they have sent in their absentee ballots. So, now the first elimination. They did the WWE Draft style rapid-fire picture slide before stopping on...Percy Watson. He's gone. They cut to a shot of MVP puzzled over this decision. Watson took the mic and said he can't be angry or bitter because he's worked hard to get to where he is. Watson gave a shout-out to MVP and said he's going to continue to have fun if you have the time. He closed with his catchphrase and Cole disingenuously said, "Very classy." Striker reminded the remaining Rookies there's one more elimination to come tonight.

1 -- JOE HENNIG (w/Kofi Kingston on the ring apron) vs. ZACK RYDER

Ryder tried to talk trash to Hennig to start the match, so Hennig answered with a clothesline. Ryder heeled it up by ducking his head underneath the corner turnbuckle to call for a "time-out." Cole said that immediately after this match, they'll re-visit Summerslam to focus on Rey Mysterio and Kane. Hennig landed another clothesline that knocked Ryder to the outside. Hennig tried a baseball slide, but Ryder yanked him to the outside and landed right hand blows. "Are you serious, bro?!" Ryder shouted. Back in the ring, Ryder dropped a knee for a two count. Ryder slowed things down working on Hennig as the announcers talked about their surprise that Percy was eliminated after he was in the middle of the pack last week.

Kingston shouted instructions at Hennig to watch Ryder's attack, giving Hennig an opening to make a comeback with a series of knock-down clotheslines and elbows. Hennig followed with a big corner splash, followed by right hand blows. The ref pulled Hennig off Ryder before he was DQ'ed, then Hennig followed up with a back body drop. Ryder then caught Hennig with a slingshot across the top rope and Ryder capitalized with the Rough Ryder to score the pin for the win. Kofi sold disdain on the loss before entering the ring to check on Hennig. Ryder celebrated on the way out as the announcers speculated on Hennig's future on NXT.

WINNER: Ryder in 5:00. Fine match. Ryder needed a win, even if it was against a Rookie, and they told a decent story on Hennig trying to impress if he's on the cut line for the second elimination. (*1/4)

2 -- KAVAL (w/Lay-Cool) vs. HUSKY HARRIS (w/Cody Rhodes)

Kaval tried an early submission hold, but Husky made it to the ropes for a break. Husky then knocked down Kaval with a clothesline for a two count. Harris played to the crowd to draw some heel heat before Kaval came back with a rolling heel kick. Cole actually popped for the kick strike. Kaval, with a bloody lip, landed more kick strikes into a springboard enziguiri kick for a two count. Kaval then rolled to the apron and went for a springboard kick, but Husky moved and followed with an aggressive belly-to-belly suplex. Husky then made a cover for a two count. Husky lost his place a bit and tried a power move, but Kaval countered with another kick strike before going up top. Kaval nailed the Warrior's Way double foot stomp and he scored the pin for the win. The crowd responded favorably, as did Lay-Cool with screams and shouts and shrieks. Lay-Cool then got Kaval out of the ring to celebrate as Cody checked on Husky.

WINNER: Kaval in 4:00. Another impressive in-ring showing from Kaval, whose offense is over. Husky also looked solid with his power/brawling offense, but there always seems to be one point in the match where Husky loses himself for a few seconds. He's on his way, though. (*1/2)

3 -- ALEX RILEY vs. KOFI KINGSTON (w/Michael McGillicutty)

Aggressive start to the match, with Riley taking control. He made a mistake going to the second rope for a double axehandle, which Kofi blocked with a kick. Kofi made a comeback with high-flying offense before warming up the crowd to hit the Boom Drop. Kofi called for the end and started doing his hand clap to set up the Trouble in Paradise, which Riley walked into. Kofi with the cover for the win. Cole then asked whether Riley's loss will hurt...or help him tonight facing elimination. How could a loss help? Mathews, playing up the animosity scripted into the show, called him on the comment. Cole replied, "Well, he was impressive." What's the purpose of having a match on this show? WWE's presentation is completely absurd at times.

WINNER: Kingston in 3:00. Short match. Dumb comment from Cole. Your typical NXT match. (*)

Ringside: Striker was with the four remaining Rookies - Kaval, Hennig, Riley, and Harris. As all four stood around awaiting the latest NXT Poll, Striker stretched things out by reminding everyone that the winner of Season Two will receive a PPV championship match. He also said the season finale will be in two weeks. No Rookie poll, as they went straight to the video game generator screen. After the pictures flashed across the screen, the generator stopped on...Husky Harris. Harris is gone. The crowd popped as Harris paced around ringside.

Harris yanked the mic from Striker, but Cody Rhodes talked first. "How dare you!" he shouted at no one in particular. Rhodes went down the line of Pros, telling them they're not real Pros. He stopped at Ryder to tell him good luck in his future endeavors. Rhodes told Layla she's too busy making out with the Rookies to be a Pro. Rhodes joined Harris on the stage and Harris said it's time to talk, but Cody cut him off and said he's got this.

Rhodes walked down to ringside to Alex Riley that Miz is awesome, but he's awful. Rhodes told Hennig the reason why he doesn't go by Mr. Perfect is because he doesn't deserve it. Rhodes then walked over to Kaval and kicked him in the gut. Husky and Cody tried to attack Kaval until MVP and Kofi stormed down to ringside to make the save.

Kofi and Harris suddenly picked up a fight before MVP, in street clothes, came off the apron with a forearm to the back. MVP and Kofi then rammed Harris into the guardrail. The crowd started cheering as the cameras tried to keep up with the action. Suddenly, Kaval was up top and he landed the Warrior's Way double foot stomp on Harris on the floor. Kaval did his classic bent-over pose glaring down at Harris.

Lay-Cool joined the scene checking on Kaval before screaming down at Harris that he doesn't mess with their Rookie. MVP and Kofi stood in-between Kaval and Harris, who recovered a little too soon. Husky glared back at MVP standing a few feet away from him - a great piece of manufactured TV - then he marched away from ringside to the stage. Cody joined Harris on stage and Riley waved him good-bye while Hennig talked trash to Harris. Cody and Harris stood on-stage calling out to everyone in the building and ringside, drawing good heat. They closed with Cody & Harris vs. everyone in Bakersfield.

Again, they saved the good stuff for the over-run. That was some great TV, especially Cody Rhodes's mic work in a "realistic situation" using his instincts to cut a promo. MVP taking charge of the situation was a good spot for him to be in looking like a top star via juxtaposition standing next to everyone else involved. So, with two episodes remaining, they're down to Kaval, Riley, and Hennig. No announcement on whether there will be an elimination next week.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #514 on: August 20 2010, 12:25 am »
ROH on HDNet Live Results: 8-16-10

Results courtesy of ProWrestling.net (direct link to Mathieson's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1. Jerry Lynn defeated Rhett Titus (w/Austin Aries) in 7:30. This match got started right after the opening video with Titus jumping Lynn before the bell. They brawled on the floor for a bit and came back in the ring. Titus controlled the match until Lynn hit an inverted DDT at 2:50.

Lynn continued to maintain the advantage until Aries grabbed his foot and Titus capitalized with the Muff Driver. Lynn got two with a rollup a bit later but Titus came back and got two with a weird-looking elbow drop. At 6:45, Lynn countered the Super Sex Factor into a swinging DDT for two.

Aries got up on the apron and Titus poked him in the eyes, then went for some sort of a crucifix powerbomb type of thing. Lynn countered into a sunset flip for the three count. As Lynn walked up the entranceway, Kenny King hit him from behind and he, Titus, and Aries beat down Lynn until Delirious made the save.

Joe's Judgment: That was absolutely awful. No heat, the crowd was dead, and Prazak and Hogewood were robotic on commentary. Plus there were several botches and it nearly put me to sleep. So, not a good way to start off tonight's show.

2. El Generico defeated Erick Stevens by DQ in 5:45. Stevens dominated for about a minute but Generico came back with his usual offense. Stevens hit a Samoan drop for two and worked a waistlock, then got two with a powerslam.

Generico hit some forearms and at 4:00 a Blue Thunder powerbomb. Stevens hit some Necro Butcher-esque chops and forearms in the corner and called for the Choo Choo but Generico hit a Yakuza and hung Stevens up in the Tree of Woe. He signaled for his flipping version of the Van Terminator when Steen and Corino ran out and beat on him with a chain until Colt Cabana made the save.

Joe's Judgment: This would have meant so much more if Stevens wasn't a glorified jobber. The run in DQs are getting old really fast by the way.

3. The House of Truth (Josh Raymond and Christin Able w/Truth Martini) defeated Mike Sydal and Aiden Chambers in 1:40. Sydal is the brother of former ROH and current WWE wrestler Evan Bourne, aka Matt Sydal. Bobby Cruise read a long introduction for Truth. Sydal hit a double crossbody but that was about all the offense the babyfaces got as the HOT won with their double-team finisher.

4. Roderick Strong defeated Davey Richards in 19:39. Strong went with a headlock and Davey backed him into the ropes and slapped him at 2:00. Dave Prazak went over their history in the No Remorse Corps. They exchanged holds and reversals for another couple minutes and Davey hit a leg lariat and sent Strong out to the floor at 5:00. Richards hit a running kick on the apron to Strong on the floor.

Richards continued with some stiff kicks on the floor before rolling Strong back in the ring. They exchanged forearms and Strong got the better of it, sending Richards to the floor where he chopped him a few times. Strong applied a reverse bearhug in the ring but Davey fought out.

At 8:15, Richards hit a diving headbutt and only got two. They went back to the floor and Strong hit a dropkick through the ropes and a backbreaker on the guardrail. At 11:00, Davey hit a bunch of slaps and then a handspring enzuigiri. Strong met Davey coming in for a running forearm with a big boot. Davey hit a missile dropkick for two.

Strong reversed a suplex and hit a gutbuster for two at 12:50. They fought on the apron and Davey hit some kind of an arm variation of a dragon screw and went to a Fujiwara armbar. Strong went for a powerbomb but Davey countered right back into the armbar.

Davey signaled for the shooting star press at 15:00 but Strong kicked him while he was on the top rope and then connected with a backbreaker onto the top turnbuckle. Strong went for the Stronghold but instead slingshotted Davey into the turnbuckle. The fans chanted for Davey as he hit a sunset flip powerbomb off the top.

Davey hit a sick running kick and a bridging German for two followed by a release German and a pin into another armbar. Strong got to the ropes and locked in the Stronghold. Davey reversed into a pin and Strong kicked out at two. Davey went for a lariat but Strong ducked and Davey hit Todd Sinclair. The crowd went crazy and chanted "Thank you Davey". Nice.

Shane Hagadorn walked out and held Strong for Davey. Davey pushed Strong aside and shoved Hagadorn off the apron. They argued and Davey turned around into a running boot from Strong, who covered for the pin. Strong celebrated with Truth Martini to close the show.

Joe's Judgment: Good match that would have been better if Strong had showed even the slightest interest in selling his arm. I mean, Davey kept going back to it and Strong never showed any effects except when Davey was physically attacking it. The finish was a bit weak, although I was expecting a time limit draw so I guess it's not a big change. Overall I'd probably put this behind their Chicago match and one they had in PWG in April, but ahead of their HDNet match earlier this year on a list of best Strong vs. Richards matches from this year.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #515 on: August 25 2010, 06:21 am »
WWE Superstars Results: 8-19-10

1 -- YOSHI TATSU vs. PRIMO COLON

The match opened with Primo scoring some offense, then he gloated to the crowd. Meanwhile, the announcers talked up the elimination match at Summerslam that went back and forth and ended with Team WWE defeating Nexus. Cole made an admission Daniel Bryan looked good during the match. Yoshi came back with a hard chop to the chest before executing an arm drag into an armbar. Cole still managed to work in the jabs on Bryan. Meanwhile, Yoshi knocked Primo to the outside before hitting a plancha on the outside. Yoshi rolled back into the ring to get his shine as they cut to break.

Back from break, Primo was in control working on Yoshi. Of note, it sounded like Cole was trying to experiment with his voice doing play-by-play, with a little more straightforward, single-breath approach. Yoshi made his comeback at 8:00 with a running knee strike. He tried to follow with a sweeping kick strike, but Primo ducked and school-boyed Yoshi for a two count. Yoshi then caught Primo with a kick to the side of the head before going up top for his signature spinning heel kick. Yoshi with the cover for the win.

WINNER: Yoshi in 10:00. Fine singles match delivering a dose of athleticism at times. But, with virtually everyone on the roster wrestling the same basic style, the match didn't really stand out. (*1/2)

2 -- MVP vs. VANCE ARCHER (w/Curt Hawkins)

MVP and Archer started with a basic standing exchange as the crowd chanted for MVP. MVP took Archer off his feet and landed a boot to the head before settling into an armbar. Grisham noted Archer's background as a quarterback at Texas State. Around these parts, it will always be known as Southwest Texas. Grisham said football didn't provide enough physicality for Archer. The match moved to the floor a few minutes in and chaos broke out when Hawkins tried to get involved. JTG then stormed ringside to back up MVP. JTG and MVP regrouped in the ring as the party-starters retreated on the outside. Teddy Long then stepped out and said since everyone wants to fight tonight, they should have a good old fashioned tag match. It's after the break.

2b -- MVP & JTG vs. VANCE ARCHER & CURT HAWKINS

Back from break, JTG and MVP were well in control of the situation working on Hawkins. Archer then tagged in and resumed his fight with MVP. Hawkins threw a brief interruption MVP's way, giving Archer an opening to land a big boot to the face. Archer and Hawkins traded tags working on MVP, then JTG took a hot tag. After JTG hit the Mug Shot for a nearfall, the action broke down with men fighting in and out of the ring. Archer then caught JTG in the corner and the party-starters combined for a combination powerslam on JTG. Archer with the pin for the win.

WINNERS: Hawkins & Archer in 4:00. Fine continuation of Archer and Hawkins's perceived rise to the top of the tag division looking for a title shot against Hart Dynasty. (*)

3 -- JACK SWAGGER vs. CHRIS MASTERS

Swagger started off with an amateur take down, then a paint brush of Masters's head. Masters took exception and told him to bring it. Grisham noted Swagger's rough summer as Masters landed a hard chop in the corner. Masters backed up for a charging Stinger Splash and he connected. Masters tried to follow with a running powerslam, but Swagger slipped out and rammed him shoulder-first into the ringpost. Swagger then went to work on the shoulder with mat holds as the announcers talked up Swagger's resume. Swagger then bounced off the ropes and walked into a sidewalk slam from Masters.

Masters landed a big boot, then moutned a comeback with clotheslines using his good arm. Masters followed with a spinebuster, but Swagger kicked out of a pin attempt. Masters then went to the second rope and hit a flying shoulder tackle. Masters wanted the Masterlock, but Swagger fought the hold, with Swagger struggling after the shoulder work. Swagger eventually countered into an anklelock center ring. Masters tried to grab the ropes, but Masters was forced to tap out, giving Swagger the win. They replayed the finish, then cut to Swagger staring back at Masters, who was selling the ankle work to close the show.

WINNER: Swagger via submission in 6:00. Brief TV main event, but it told a fine story in a match-up based on two signature submission holds. Swagger just needed a TV win. (*1/2)

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #516 on: August 25 2010, 06:22 am »
TNA Impact! Results: 8-19-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Wilkenfeld's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

(1)ROB TERRY vs. JEFF HARDY
World Title Tournament Match

How did Rob Terry go up in the rankings? Unless that means they did take out Abyss. That would be surprisingly rational. Hardy runs down and starts firing. He dropkicks out Terry's knee, but when he goes for a Cross Body Block Terry catches him and plants him with a Power Slam. Terry goozles Hardy. Hardy backs up to the middle rope, from which Terry yanks him down and half-way across the ring. Terry thrusts some shoulders, then whips Hardy across the ring. When he tries to follow him, Hardy drops him into the bottom turnbuckle with a Drop Toe Hold. He hits a couple delayed dropkicks, then Whisper in the Wind. He comes off the middle rope for something, but this time runs right into a clothesline from Terry. Terry "hits" his spin kick, missing by a visible amount. He does it again, and this time connects. Terry looks for a Running Power Slam, but Hardy slips out and nails a Twist of Fate. He hits the Swanton (catching Terry with his legs this time) for game.

WINNER: Jeff Hardy in 4 minutes.

(2)JAY LETHAL vs. MR. KENNEDY

Is this the 2 vs. 7 match? How did Lethal drop to 7? Or maybe 3 vs. 6? Or are the brackets totally random? They lock up to start. Anderson takes over with a side headlock. Lethal shoots him off, but he comes back with a shoulder block. Lethal shoots him off again, but when he tries to follow up Anderson catches him in a Fireman's Carry. Lethal slips out and shoves Anderson into the ropes. Anderson catches himself, so Lethal handsprings back. Anderson charges. Lethal looks for a Lethal Combo, but Anderson elbows him off. Anderson goes for an early Mic Check, but Lethal throws him off with a Snapmare. They share a stare-down. The crowd is fairly split. Lethal gets a side headlock. Anderson shoots him off and goes for an Arm Drag, but Lethal lands on his feet, knocks him down, and cartwheels into a dropkick for two. Lethal tries to shoot Anderson into the corner, but it's reversed. Lethal then tries to float over, but that in turn is reversed by the Green Bay Plunge for two. Anderson shoots Lethal into a back elbow for two. He cinches in a front chancery, but Lethal powers him into an Inverted Atomic Drop. Lethal then runs right into a big clothesline for 2. Lethal ducks a second attempted clothesline and hits a Handspring Elbow. He slams Anderson's head into the corner turnbuckle. He charges right into a Back Body Drop, but lands on the apron. He slugs Anderson and tries to come in with a Slingshot Dropkick. Anderson sidesteps and nails the Mic Check for the win.

WINNER: Mr. Anderson in 5 minutes. That was pretty good, but never really kicked into top gear. Also, I was pulling for Lethal, as a Lethal main event at BFG would have been a more interesting possibility than an Anderson main event.

(3)ANGELINA LOVE (c) (w/VELVET SKY) vs. MADISON RAYNE (w/MOTORCYCLE LADY)
Knockouts Championship Match

Oddly enough, Sky goes after Rayne as Love goes for Motorcycle Lady. Love is about to take off her helmet when Rayne finishes with Sky and pulls her into the ring. She hits her between-the-legs face smash thing, but a cover only gets two. She hits a couple of knees, but when she goes for a Neck Breaker it's reversed into Love's modified Stunner. Love gets up swinging. She hits a front Power Slam, but Motorcycle Lady grabs her before she can follow up. Sky then pulls off Motorcycle Lady and grabs Rayne, who turns around right into the Botox Injection. That's enough for three.

WINNER: Angelina Love in a bit under 3 minutes. Again the women's title gets short shrift. Remember when Kim-Kong main-evented a big Impact?

(4)DOUGLAS WILLIAMS vs. KURT ANGLE
World Title Tournament Match

Interesting fact—I suggested this match to people when we were at a live show. Angle takes down Williams with a headlock. Williams powers to his feet and backs Angle into the corner. He goes for a cheap shot but Angle blocks it. He whips Angle into the corner. Angle tries to get a leg up, but Williams catches it, drapes it over the rope, and kicks it. Angle gets up firing, but Williams flings him out of the ring. Willaims brings him back in and drops his knee onto Angle's face three times. Angle gets a foot on the bottom rope. Angle gets up firing again, but Williams stops him with a European Uppercut and takes him over with a Gut Wrench Suplex for two. Williams works a standing neck vise, but Angle quickly flings him off and hits a series of forearms. He Back Body Drops Williams and takes him into the corner. Williams gets a boot up, but then runs right into an Overhead Belly-to-Belly Suplex for two. Angle goes for a German, but Williams tosses him into the corner and hits a high knee. He goes to the top rope, and hits a European Uppercut off the top for a long two count. Williams goes for a German Suplex, but Kurt gets a standing switch and nails three of his own. A cover gets two. Kurt drops the straps. He goes for the Olympic Slam, but Williams slips out. Williams runs him into the corner turnbuckle and nails the roll-up to start the Chaos Theory, but before he can hit the Suplex part Angle stops his momentum and picks an ankle. He quickly grapevines the leg and gets the tap out.

WINNER: Kurt Angle in six minutes. That was very good, but these two really need more than six minutes to build something special.

(5)MATT MORGAN vs. "THE POPE" D'ANGELO DINER

If I had my way, Pope would win this whole thing. I have to admit that the people answering rankings poll do not seem to agree. Incidentally, not that I mind, but what did Pope do that justified him leap-frogging Hernandez? Pope nails a forearm to start. He ducks a clothesline and hits another. He ducks a couple more punches, so Morgan just shoves him into the corner. Pope sidesteps again and beats Morgan down in the corner. He hits his beautiful hesitation elbow, curtseys to the crowd, then goes for a cover that gets none. He goes to the top rope, but leaps right into a goozle. He slips out of that, but gets floored by a Decapitator Clothesline. Morgan takes him into the corner for a choke, some back elbows, and a big charge. Morgan lifts Pope up, but then decides it's not time and just drops Pope. The crowd comes alive for him. He crawls up in the corner. Morgan charges, but Pope gets a boot up. Pope goes to the top rope and comes off with a Sunset Flip, but Morgan keeps himself from going over and grabs Pope by the throat. He hits a Two-Handed Choke Slam, but trash talks instead of going for the cover. Pope pulls himself up by the ropes, so Morgan hits his float over leg choke. Pope rolls to the outside. Morgan follows him out and shoves him against the apron. Pope is against the corner ring post. Morgan looks for the Carbon Foorprint against the ring post. Pope quickly sidesteps and nails the DDE out of nowhere. He yanks Morgan into the ring and gets a cover. Morgan grabs the rope before one, but Pope pulls his hand away before the ref sees it.

WINNER: D'Angelo Dinero in 7 minutes. He'll be ready for the big win in October, if they're ready to give it to him.

(6)AJ STYLES vs. TOMMY DREAMER

The crowd is behind AJ to start at least 70-30. AJ hits a quick round kick to Dreamer's left knee. Dreamer catches the next kick attack and knocks AJ down. AJ shoots Dreamer into the ropes, but he catches himself. AJ charges, and Dreamer elevates him over the rope and onto the floor. Dreamer goes to the apron and hits a running somersault onto AJ. He bangs AJ into the barricade and then Body Slams him into the mat. He takes AJ back into the ring, where AJ quickly retakes control with an eye poke. AJ hits some chops in the corner. Dreamer reverses a whip into the opposite corner; AJ tries to float over, but Dreamer catches him in a Power Slam. Dreamer nails a T-Bone Suplex, but AJ gets his foot on the rope at 2. AJ hits a chop to the throat as he gets up, then a standing Ensuguri. AJ rains down punches, and Dreamer is busted open. AJ hits a Body Slam and his high knee drop. He punches Dreamer in the head and chokes him against the middle rope. He informs us that he's going to kill Tommy. Tommy gets a Sunset Flip for two, but AJ takes him down with a high dropkick as he gets back up. Dreamer looks out, so AJ naturally goes for a chin lock. Huh? Dreamer powers out with a Back Drop. Dreamer's dangling something that might be a band-aid but might also be skin. AJ nails the Pele as he gets up. He goes to the apron, then lets Dreamer get up for the Flying Forearm. Dreamer blocks it with an Inverted Atomic Drop and nails a DDT. Fortune start to come down to the ring, but they're ambushed by EV 2.0. While the ref is trying to get rid of all of them Abyss comes out from under the ring and nails a Black Hole Slam. Referee Earl Hebner turns around just as AJ gets the cover for three.

WINNER: AJ Styles in 7 minutes. Dreamer looked really good here, though that might just have been AJ's magic.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #517 on: August 25 2010, 06:23 am »
Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Park's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 – KOFI KINGSTON vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER – INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Forearm by Kofi after a tie-up sent Ziggler immediately to ringside. Back in the ring, Ziggler took over, slamming Kofi’s head off the mat and getting a one-count from it. Neck-breaker by Dolph for two. Grisham wondered aloud how much damage Nexus did to Kingston last Sunday. Guerrero grabbed Kofi’s leg when he was near the ropes, and Ziggler ambushed him with a running forearm, sending Kofi through the ropes and to the outside. They went to break a little under 3:00 into the match.

Back with Ziggler controlling Kingston with, what else, a chin-lock. Kingston came back with a jaw-breaker. However, he couldn’t capitalize and Ziggler splashed his foe in the corner. “Vickie Guerrero puts Megan Fox to shame,” said Striker. I’m convinced he tries every week to come up with the biggest lie or most ridiculous statement and sell it with a straight face. Kingston was slammed in the corner for another two-count. Ziggler then went to work on the arm. A second splash in the corner did not find the mark. Unique roll-up for two by Kofi. Double chop to the chest and a high dropkick. Thesz Press and he fired away with rights. He was going for the Boom Drop but Ziggler rolled out of the way. Kofi went to the top after his flip kick in the corner, but Vickie got on the apron and shoved him off in full sight of referee “Goose” Mahoney. That drew the disqualification.

WINNER: Kingston, via DQ, at 8:45. Not a particularly inspired effort here.

Ziggler tried to continue the assault, but Kingston knew it was coming and they went to the outside. Ziggler ran away while Vickie blocked Kingston’s route, screaming the entire time. They she got confident, saying Kingston couldn’t hit her anyway. From behind, Ziggler attacked Kofi and stomped away at him. In the ring, Zig Zag from Ziggler. As soon as Kingston sat up, Ziggler locked in the sleeper hold. Ziggler looked as if he was done, but then went back for some more. He lifted his boot over Kofi’s head and held it there a while before bringing it down hard on Kingston’s jaw. They replayed the finish of the match and parts of Ziggler’s post-match attack.

2 – SERENA & LUKE GALLOWS vs. KELLY KELLY & THE BIG SHOW

The announcers noted that this was Serena’s first match in WWE. Gallows found Show immoveable to start, so he immediately went to Serena and tagged her in. Kelly Kelly whipped Serena in to the buckle and tried her cartwheel elbow, but Serena knocked her with an elbow in the back of Kelly’s head. Knees to the back by Serena. Kelly got out of a hold with a jaw-breaker. Serena missed a splash and a Thesz Press by Kelly ensued. Headscissors take-down. X Factor by Kelly, but Gallows pulled her off on a pin attempt. Show plowed him over and sent it to ringside where the two big men battled. Kelly went for the K2, but Serena turned it into a gut-buster for the win.

WINNERS: Serena and Gallows, at 3:07. A good idea to keep Serena and Kelly in that for most of it, actually. Action was okay.

3 – CHRISTIAN vs. DREW MCINTYRE

Before the match, Cody Rhodes walked out in a suit. He took a look at himself in his mirror on the Titan-Tron. The bell rang to start the match before Rhodes had walked to ringside. He eventually joined the commentators at ringside. Hurricanrana from Christian, then McIntyre ran to ringside and slammed his hands on the announce desk in anger. McIntyre pulled Christian off the apron when Christian came after him, then threw over the barricade and into where the announcers sit. Christian stood on the top of the barricade to jump onto McIntyre, but McIntyre pulled him down and his arm went over the exposed metal of the barricade. McIntyre went into the ring to break the count and Drew threatened to snap Christian’s arm. Mac whipped Christian’s arm into the ring post. Back in the ring, McIntyre got a two-count. Key-lock by McIntyre on Christian, but he tried to elbow out of it. McIntyre lifted him up and slammed him onto the mat. Christian was half out of the ring in terrible pain, holding his arm, as they went to break.

McIntyre was still working on the arm out of break. Christian tried to get to the ropes to get away from McIntyre’s onslaught. It didn’t work too well. McIntyre put his foot in Christian’s back and pulled back on the arm. Christian jumped off the middle rope and DDT’d McIntyre, who was standing in the ring. That looked absolutely vicious. Christian continued his comeback and backed McIntyre into the corner, then fired away with right hands. Running dropkick to the face of a seated McIntyre. That was a beauty, too. Striker said that Orlando Bloom was mistaken for McIntyre on a flight recently. Dropkick off the top for two by Christian. Rhodes was being very understated on commentary. To the middle rope, his jumping European uppercut missed. Codebreaker on the arm by McIntyre, and he got a two-count off of it. Christian got up and tried a Killswitch, but it hurt his shoulder. McIntyre had Christian up for a powerslam, but Christian turned it into a crucifix pin and pulled out the win.

WINNER: Christian, at 12:26. Really solid match, especially after the break.

After the match, Rhodes and McIntyre cornered Christian and went on the attack. Matt Hardy ran out to even the odds. He had a boot on his foot and while he got the advantage at first, McIntyre stepped on his foot to stop his momentum. McIntyre gave the Future Shock to Hardy. Cross-Rhodes then on Christian.

4 – ALBERTO DEL RIO vs. REY MYSTERIO

Del Rio started things off with a hard kick to Mysterio. Del Rio missed a corner charge and was taken down with a headscissors. Then he missed a dive and went over the top and to the outside. He regrouped out there as they went to break.

Mysterio was pounding on Del Rio in the corner upon return. Del Rio took things to the outside and stood on Rey’s arm as it was draped across the steel steps. Del Rio worked the arm in the ring, but Mysterio came back with kicks. Enziguiri by Del Rio put Rey back down, and a replay revealed it connected with the shoulder of Mysterio. To the top, he missed a back splash. Rey fought with Del Rio, who had gotten to his knees. Kick to the back of the head for a two count. Mysterio set up for a 619, but Del Rio caught him. He tried to flip Rey into the corner, but Rey landed on the turnbuckle and put Del Rio down. He went to the top, but Del Rio tripped him up. Both men were down. Nice cross arm-breaker applied by Del Rio, and he picked up the submission victory. Crowd did not like this result.

WINNER: Del Rio, at 10:04. WWE did Del Rio a favor by putting him in the ring with Mysterio, who can make a lot of people look good.

Del Rio applied the move again after the match, and his personal ring announcer announced him as the winner. He celebrated on the top of the ramp as Grisham asked what the future holds for Smackdown’s newest superstar.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #518 on: August 25 2010, 06:29 am »
WWE RAW Results: 8-23-10

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). or check out my TOKYOPOP blog for results since the report exceeds maximum allowed length of 10000 characters.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #519 on: August 26 2010, 12:00 pm »
ROH on HDNet Live Results: 8-23-10

1. The Briscoe Brothers defeated Bobby Shields and Alex Anthony in 5:01. The crowd was absolutely dead silent as Shields held a headscissors on Mark Briscoe. The Briscoes continued to dominate and got two on Shields with a elbow drop sideslam combination. Jay then hit the Jaydriller on Anthony and a Doomsday Device on Shields for the win.

Joe's Judgment: Don't let the length fool you, this match was not all that competitive. The crowd popped a little for a few spots but overall was just completely dead.

2. Kevin Steen (w/Steve Corino) defeated Jerry Lynn in 12:37. Lynn got a couple armdrags and Steen dropped to the floor to converse with Corino. Lynn hit a headscissors and was immediately tripped up by Corino. Todd Sinclair kicked Corino out of ringside and Lynn got a rollup on Steen while he was protesting but Steen kicked out at two.

At 7:00, Lynn hit a rolling eye poke and then rolled Steen up for two. Steen countered the Package Piledriver into a Sharpshooter which Lynn countered into a rollup for another two count. Steen hit a Codebreaker and his pump handle neckbreaker over the knee.

Steen went up top but Lynn followed and hit a huracanrana and followed with a TKO for another nearfall. Steen hit a powerbomb and transitioned it into a Sharpshooter but Lynn made it to the ropes. Lynn got another two count at 10:20 with a top rope powerbomb.

Steen got to his feet first and hit an Alabama Slam and went for the Swanton again but Lynn got his knees up. Steen rolled to the floor and Lynn hit a swinging DDT on him there. Lynn put Steen back in the ring and went up to the top, but Rhett Titus ran out and Lynn crossbodied him instead. Shortly thereafter, Steen sat down on a sunset flip and grabbed the middle rope for the three count. Titus celebrated at ringside

Joe's Judgment: The match was pretty good. The finish was mind-numbingly bad. First, the Aries/ANX vs. Lynn feud is done. Second, why can't Steen go over Lynn clean? Does Lynn really need to be protected? For that matter, does losing to Steen after twelve and a half minutes really make Lynn look bad at all? Just an awful, awful finish to what had been a very good match.

3. The Embassy (Erick Stevens, Shawn Daivari, Necro Butcher, and Ernie Osiris w/Prince Nana) defeated Rasche Brown, the Dark City Fight Club (Jon Davis and Kory Chavis), and Grizzly Redwood in 10:36. Osiris started the match for the Embassy and Chavis beat him down for a bit, then tagged in Grizzly. Grizzly got the upper hand on Osiris and the Embassy went to the floor to converse with Nana, but Brown threw Grizzly onto all four of them.

Stevens tagged in and dominated Grizzly for a while, the highlight being throwing him into a Necro punch on the outside. Grizzly tried to make a hot tag at 8:00, but the Embassy knocked all the babyfaces off the apron. Stevens continued to dominate Grizzly, who finally made the hot tag and everything broke down.

It looked like Paul Turner was going to call the match as all eight men brawled inside the ring, but the babyfaces Irish whipped all four Embassy members into each other and then all of them ganged up on Necro. Eventually everyone except Rasche was at ringside and Rasche dove onto everyone.

The finish came when Daivari and Chavis were in the ring and Nana gave Chavis a low blow from behind, allowing Daivari to roll Chavis up with a school boy for the pin. The Embassy celebrated up the ramp and a video announced Tyler Black vs. Steve Corino for next week to close the show.

Joe's Judgment: The crowd was hotter for the big brawl part of that match than anything else on tonight's show. In fairness, the heat segment was really well done and it built to a pretty satisfying brawl, but I just don't care about the Embassy or any of the guys they're feuding with. Apparently some people do, though, so whatever. Maybe if they would win clean once in a while I might get interested.