AuthorTopic: Ashura  (Read 31950 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Ashura
« on: May 02 2005, 02:59 pm »
Who exactly is Ashura? I know that no one knows anything about his Tsubasa character, but I'm sure I've seen him in another of CLAMP's works somewhere...

He's def in soemthing else! I have a wallpaper of him and Kamui that was released before Tsubasa came out! If anyone has any clue, I'd b very grateful. If not, what do you think of his TRC character? Good? Evil?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline pinklacus

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: Ashura
« Reply #1 on: May 02 2005, 03:33 pm »
He's a character from RG Veda. I read that manga before but it was quite confusing. Actually, there are 2 Ashura. One is the father Ashura who appeared in the 1st epsiode/manga with fye coming out of the water. The second one is the prince Ashura who appeared in book 9 of TRC. Not really sure but I think the prince Ashura should be a good person.
There is no such thing as coincidence. All that is, is inevitability.  -- Yuuko (TRC)

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #2 on: May 03 2005, 10:01 am »
I haven´t read the manga, but as a huge fan of Fai´s I´ve tried searching for info about him too and basically I found the same pinclaus said. Though I think Ashura (which in RGVeda is either girl or boy) is kind of like Kamui in X, meaning that he can either be good or bad in the ending. At least that was the idea I got.

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #3 on: May 03 2005, 10:16 am »
Ugh, yeah, the Ashura's are pretty confusing, it took me forever to find out which one was which.... >_<. But anyway, there's this girl who writes these really good essays about fai here: http://penny-dreadful.nu/blueskies/atlantis.php. I think their relationship was...a little romantic and if Ashura-ou (dude in water) wakes up...I wonder what Fai will do...

But anyway, I'm going to start a fanfic on FF.net saying my view about what Fai and Ashura were together before Tsubasa. ^.^

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #4 on: May 03 2005, 10:44 am »
:greengrin: love that page, it´s like the best Fai shrine I´ve seen, thanks ^^

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 03 2005, 02:18 pm »
One way to PHYSICALLY differentiate Asura and Asura- ou is that the Little Asura would always tie his/her hair back, while Asura- ou leaves it alone, plus Asura- ou has much more masculine feature on the face and is more serene- looking (He is also in the sleeping state in RG- veda, and suffers so much more than the he in Celes world.  CLAMP deserves an A in Biology for what they drew in RG- Veda).
And, yeah... I suspect that Fai and Asura- ou has some kind of "romantic" relationship, too... Asura- ou has always been portrayed with another man for some reason...

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 03 2005, 07:19 pm »
there's a second ashura in volume 9???? what was his character... ooooh...he was that god...

that's interesting...haha...maybe fye betrayed him
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #7 on: May 04 2005, 12:26 am »
off topic:
during the opening, there's a sleeping image of Ashura... it just reminds me of Elrond from LOTRs.. *lol*

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: May 04 2005, 03:48 am »
that's interesting...haha...maybe fye betrayed him

I was wondering if maybe this was a bit of CLAMP shonen-ai....afertall, Fye doesn't seem scared of Ashura, just pained by his memory...if they fought, and Fye had to seal Ashura to prevent himself being killed, then he might have wanted to leave his world so that he could try to escape the guilt....

I think that Ashura will def appear in TRC soon, and his past with Fye will be revealed....

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 04 2005, 06:39 am »
Whatever happened between them, it made Fye has a suicidal tendency... In RG Veda, Asura- ou asks Taiseiten (is that his name?) to eat him in order to prevent tragedy happening to Asura in the future, even if it means Taiseiten will become a dictator hated by thousands...
Maybe Asura- ou in Celes also asks Fai to seal him up underwater, despite that it means to betray the country and being written in history as a villain.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #10 on: May 04 2005, 06:41 am »
Suicidal tendency?

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 04 2005, 07:29 am »
Suicidal tendency?
In Outo, Kurogane said that he has killed those who tried to kill him, and he has also killed those who tried to kill the one he tried to protect with his life... He has killed too many, so he finds no need to sugarcoat the fact, but the kind of people he hates the most is the kind who still has a gasp of breath left, yet unwilling to live.
Fai says, "Then I must be the type you hate the most..."

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #12 on: May 07 2005, 11:15 am »
Nah, I don't think Fai has a suicidal tendancy. Otherwise, he wouldn't be in Tsubasa at all. He'd be dead. Ooh, if you want, I'l give you all a link to my story when I finish the first chapter. Grarr, I want to tell you all what my views are, but alas, that would take....most of the night...

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #13 on: May 07 2005, 02:24 pm »
I still find unclear Fai´s desire to live. If he really is suicidal then he would have killed himself in the first place intead of fleeing to Yuuko´s and asking for help to travel to other worlds, but also he doesn´t seem too willing to preserve himself unharmed when battles happen. I just see him as some angsty person I guess.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #14 on: May 07 2005, 07:46 pm »
I agree, I don't think Fai would actually kill himself....he is jusy a little relaxed about saving himself. He's kinda stuck in the middle...

But we're going off topic here. Perhaps someone should set up a Fai topic.....

This has been confusing me....in the first book, Chii refers to Fai as 'King'....but then HE refers to Ashura as king. So who, exactly is the king? Or is Fai lying when he says that he's just a magician, and he shared the throne with Ashura - if there really was a bit of shonen-ai between them, then they could have been like king and queen...

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #15 on: May 07 2005, 11:29 pm »
I haveno idea! Maybe Chii just though when Ashura went down to sleep, Fai was the new king. I can't WAIT to finish my story.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #16 on: May 15 2005, 11:57 am »
***Nah, I don't think Fai has a suicidal tendancy.***

I think he does somewhat, in that he won't really defend himself.
I think that's shown by the chapter opening picture where Fai is high up on the ledge of the clock tower, leaning forward.

I think Fai feels extreme guilt because of what happened in his country before he left. I'm thinking too that Fai was very close to Ashura. Maybe Ashura became too powerful as king and started abusing his power. Maybe the people of the country rose up against him and Fai defended the castle and Ashura even though he knew Ashura was wrong. He then felt such guilt that he sealed Ashura away as not to hurt anyone else.

Fai seems to be the most lonely and the most guilt ridden.
Thus, the last person he cares for is himself.

I'm wondering what will come of Fai and Kurogane's friendship.
Especially when Ashura wakes and comes after Fai.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #17 on: May 15 2005, 12:01 pm »
***This has been confusing me....in the first book, Chii refers to Fai as 'King'....but then HE refers to Ashura as king.***

Hmmm, I wondered that myself.
Maybe Fai displaced Ashura as king when he sealed him away?
Or at least in Chii's eyes.

Maybe Fai created Chii out of loneliness for company after he sealed Ashura away?
Hopefully we'll find all this out.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: June 07 2005, 03:21 am »
Hey, new Ashura! That king form the other world, Ashura-ou! You know, the one with the statue?

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #19 on: June 07 2005, 07:11 am »
***Hey, new Ashura! That king form the other world, Ashura-ou! You know, the one with the statue?***

Hmm?
You mean chapter 58?
I looked through RG Veda the other day and saw him as a baby.
It was cute. Haven't really read it though.