AuthorTopic: Ashura  (Read 31969 times)

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
Re: Ashura
« Reply #20 on: July 12 2005, 12:31 am »
This has been confusing me....in the first book, Chii refers to Fai as 'King'....but then HE refers to Ashura as king. So who, exactly is the king? Or is Fai lying when he says that he's just a magician, and he shared the throne with Ashura - if there really was a bit of shonen-ai between them, then they could have been like king and queen...

AHA! you know in the relationships section on that Fai shrine from above? it does say that Fai could of been Ashura's rival for the throne... is this theory sinking in?...
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #21 on: July 12 2005, 03:48 am »
Hmm...I read it, but I didn't really like the theory. I can't picture Fai being anyone's rival. I think that if he was the king with Ashura, they shared the throne.

I've got a new theory about Ashura now. I think he was nicer when he was younger, so maybe Fai became close friends with him, then something more? But maybe when Ashura became king, the politics and strategies got to him, and he became horrible and cruel?

Maybe Fai's running because he helped dethrone Ashura in an uprising.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #22 on: July 12 2005, 06:57 am »
***I've got a new theory about Ashura now. I think he was nicer when he was younger, so maybe Fai became close friends with him, then something more? But maybe when Ashura became king, the politics and strategies got to him, and he became horrible and cruel?***

That's what I think.
He became horrible and then used anyone he could for whatever purpose.
Perhaps then a feather came to be in his grasp and he became even more powerful.
Perhaps Fai knows or suspects even now that somehow Ashura has a feather or that a feather will be what wakes him?

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #23 on: July 12 2005, 10:46 am »
I was thinking (bad idea, yes) and had a little theory. I've only read the first chapter of RG Veda, but I know there are 2 Ashuras - the king, and his son, who both have different appearances. The son was the one they met in Shurano country, yet from Fai's expressions, he recognized him. So it makes me wonder if both Ashura's weren't on Fai's world, and perhaps that's part of what happened. Maybe... the younger Ashura rebelled against his father to take the throne and Fai, either on purpose or by accident, killed him with his magic. And King Ashura got pissed at Fai for killing his son, so Fai freaked out and sealed him. But now he feels guilty and has vowed never to use his magic because of it. Or something... like that. *sighs* If I didn't have so many fanfics going right now.... *reads over the thread getting so many ideas* ^^;;

I don't picture Fai ever being a king... it doesn't seem to fit. I do think King Ashura became cruel and cold... that's just the impression I get, but in spite of it Fai still holds an attachment to him, out of either love or loyalty, but he's still afraid of Ashura and what he might do.

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 14 2005, 11:49 am »
meh... liast night i read the whole RG Veda series... and curiously, fai never appeared (if RG Veda is 10 vol.s long, then yes, he didnt appear). though the stargazer guy called kujaku reminded me of him...
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #25 on: July 14 2005, 11:54 am »
meh... liast night i read the whole RG Veda series... and curiously, fai never appeared (if RG Veda is 10 vol.s long, then yes, he didnt appear).

Fai is an original character not from any other series.
I've been checking out RG Veda too, I'm curious about that Ashura and how he may act.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #26 on: July 14 2005, 12:08 pm »
I'm really confused in RG Veda e-e ...is Ashura a girl or a boy? They used 'him', but Ashura looks like a girl...

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #27 on: July 14 2005, 01:15 pm »
I'm really confused in RG Veda e-e ...is Ashura a girl or a boy? They used 'him', but Ashura looks like a girl...

There are two Ashuras that I know of in RG Veda and both are boys.
There is the Ashura that Yasha finds as a baby. That's the same Ashura from the world in TRC (book eight and nine I think). The one that dresses girl-like.

Then there is Ashura-ou, the King.
That is the Ashura that is King in VG Veda and the Ashura that Fai has sealed away.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #28 on: July 14 2005, 01:22 pm »
ah, I see. The Ashura in RG Veda looks so much like a girl, in the 9th volume of TRC too!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #29 on: July 14 2005, 01:35 pm »
The Ashura in RG Veda looks so much like a girl, in the 9th volume of TRC too!

He sure does!
Hmmm, maybe he needs to be on my crossdressing list, lol!

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 14 2005, 09:32 pm »
but kujaku said 'ashura' (i dont know which) defied the heavens/path of the stars and was born genderless.

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #31 on: July 15 2005, 03:17 am »
Yes! He was definitely genderless in RG Veda, but his companions chose to address him as it.

Has anyone heard any rumours about the next appearence of an Ashura character in TRC?

And an idea here....maybe Ashura was the good guy, and it was Fai who was the bad guy? LOL
« Last Edit: July 15 2005, 04:27 am by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #32 on: July 15 2005, 04:20 am »
And an idea here....maybe Ashura was the good guy, and it was Fai who was the bad guy? LOL
That would be interesting! I have a feeling there will be several more shades of grey.

but kujaku said 'ashura' (i dont know which) defied the heavens/path of the stars and was born genderless.
CLAMP sure has a thing for those gender-ambiguous characters, don't they? Such as the angels and demons in Wish.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #33 on: July 15 2005, 06:31 am »
Yes! He was definitely genderless in RG Veda, but his companions chose to address him as it.

Ah, jeez, I must have missed that!
Gomen ne!

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #34 on: July 24 2005, 12:44 pm »
I think you guys kinda have it all mixed up.

The father is called Asura-ou, but the child was only Asura because by the time he wakes up from the illusory forest, the entire Asura has already been massacred.
Asura-ou foresaw that his son will become the god of destruction and hopes that he can defy fate and allows his son to be born without going to that path. 
However, in defying fate, Asura-ou brought about the end of his people as his son is cursed to be born genderless so there will be no more Asura after that.
The one in Fai's world is the father and the one in Shurano is the son.
CLAMP let Asura be Asura-ou's son, even though Asura is genderless (he's supposed to be a boy)... Ten-ou even called the genderless Asura "Onii-chan" when Heaven and Earth finally crumbled.

Offline ExMiraclelight

• New Fan
  • Card Captor Sakura & Tsubasa Chronicle Fan !!
« Reply #35 on: August 01 2005, 09:53 pm »
He is a good person ??

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #36 on: August 04 2005, 07:52 am »
Um... You can't determine if a guy is good or bad in most of the CLAMP work.  The only ones I've met and knew for sure was Sashi from RG Veda, but everyone else has his or her own problem, so readers can't put blames.  (Pleeeeease let me have a reason to hate Sei-chan for once, CLAMP, pleeeeease)
There's nothing being said about what Ashura-ou in Celes World did that makes Fai seals him up at the bottom of the sea.  Maybe it's just a promise they made together out of good intention like RG-Veda, or maybe it's Fai's emotional problem due to Ashura's abuse (? Not sure)
I think it's likely Fai's problem, but that's just me.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #37 on: August 04 2005, 08:03 am »
which Ashura are we talking about? the one in the 9 and 10th volume or the one in Fai's world?  :sweatdrop:

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #38 on: August 04 2005, 08:06 am »
Hira said Ashura-ou, so I'm assuming she means King Ashura from Fai's Land, not the Ashura with the long ears!

There's nothing being said about what Ashura-ou in Celes World did that makes Fai seals him up at the bottom of the sea.  Maybe it's just a promise they made together out of good intention like RG-Veda, or maybe it's Fai's emotional problem due to Ashura's abuse

Actually this has been discussed a ton in different threads.
My own idea is this:

Fai was the King's wizard and lover. Ashura had always been extremely controlling and
somewhat violent and such, but I think maybe he suddenly became worse, actually using
his power for evil, getting out of control. I believe he tricked Fai into doing many things that
he is now extremely guilt-ridden about, so doesn't care much for his own life at this point.
I think that Fai did love Ashura, hence the look on his face as he leaves Celes and Ashura behind.
I think too though, that Fai feared Ashura very much, and is afraid of what will happen when Ashura shows up. I don't think he's afraid of being killed, but perhaps something else.........perhaps controlled, or reminded or something along those lines.

The bodies of the men laying dead around Celes. I have a suspicion Fai may have had something to do with that. Perhaps trying to protect Ashura.
That could be one thing he's feeling guilt over. That he killed for Ashura, when in reality Ashura was becoming evil. Perhaps Ashura has a feather.
I also think Fai sealed away Ashura instead of killing him, perhaps not being able to kill him because of the feelings he still had for him, even after all he'd done, or sealed him out of self defence.
I'm not sure about that one though, because I think at that point Fai would have probably let Ashura kill him. And Fai's markings. I suspect they were put there by Ashura. But I don't know.

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 07 2005, 07:37 pm »
-clap clap clap- then where does chi come in?