AuthorTopic: Spirited Away  (Read 9836 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Spirited Away
« on: May 03 2005, 03:45 am »
This has gotta be one of my two fav anime films of all time, and I made sure to buy the collector's edition double DVD set of it...

It was the first anime film to make my cry (at the end, when she leaves), and I keep watching it again and again....

I love Haku so much...  :inlove:

But I wish there was a follow up movie to say whether Haku and Chihiro ever saw each other again.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
Re: Spirited Away
« Reply #1 on: May 03 2005, 03:50 am »
ME TOOOOOOOOOO!!! ^____________^

I got it for my bday last year.. well, christmas/bday ^__^ since they're only a day apart...

I think Haku rocks too! *fan girl swoon*

I agree... they need a follow up.. it just ends... and it gives a hint when she leaves ^__^
It's not supposed to feel this way,
I need you, I need you, more and more each day
It's not supposed to hurt this way
I need you I need you I need you
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: May 03 2005, 03:58 am »
And there's all that dust in the car....maybe it's been years since they entered the spirit world when they escape? It's been left so open, it would be a shame if Miyazaki didn't use those points to make a new movie. Like, Chihiro's parents could remember that nice old amusement park, and have a picnic there, despite Chihiro's pleas...

Then Chihiro could try to find her old friends, but..I dunno, find that Haku has disappeared?

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #3 on: May 03 2005, 04:00 am »
Yes... strange though... could introduce that in.

I think it would be good if they had Chihiro a few weeks later.. or something... thinking.. and one day, she bumps into him. ^__^
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: May 03 2005, 04:16 am »
yeah! She bumps into someone and falls to the floor. The stranger pulls her to her feet, and she sees that its Haku. She cries out 'HAKU!!' but he gives her a funny look, and says that his name's...oh I don't know...something else beginning with H.

He could be a transfer student in her class, but she doesn't undertsnad how he lost his memory and became human....

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #5 on: May 03 2005, 04:17 am »
Hmm... he could have 'wished' to be human.. to be with someone he cared about.. hint hint Chihiro ^__^ and then... as the thing/person says yes.. says he will lose memory of being spirit etc before he has time to object ^__^
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: May 03 2005, 04:25 am »
Mm hm...after all, as his river was destroyed, Haku had no purpose as a spirit anymore, did he? That would be a good follow up movie, what with Chihiro tying to gain his friendship (he could be quite cold and mean - personality chnage as well from the thing/person?) and trying to make him remember.

He could slowly become nicer, like protecting her from bullies or something, and then at the end, regain his memories...

But about the original movie...don't you think that the soot sprites are adorable?

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #7 on: May 03 2005, 04:27 am »
SOOT!!!! *squels* mesa love them ^__^ they are so distingushiable... (sp?) by the music... he he...

we should write a continue the story fanfic... about spirited away.... ^__^
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: May 03 2005, 04:30 am »
Yeah! I might just do that, as I have a fanfic.net account....but I'm pretty snowed under at the moment, as I have coursework, and I'm trying to write about 6 really long fanfics at the same time as well.....

The boiler man scares me a bit, even though he's nice....Kamuji? Is that his name?

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #9 on: May 03 2005, 04:33 am »
Yeah, thats his name ^__^

Coursework.. *shudders* I dread it when I get to yr10... ha ha... *sighs* i won't  be able to go on computer anymore!!!! ha ha. also tests this month...... ooooo... scary... ^__^

I think its hilarious when Chihiro goes down the stairs... its like 'OH COME ON ALREADY!' and she falls down and bangs head. *bang*

I think.. she hits her head about 6/7 times throughout... she will have serious brain damage... ^__^
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #10 on: May 03 2005, 04:38 am »
Does she have a brain? (kidding, I love her really)

Haku is so cool in dragon form....but he looks nicer as a boy.

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #11 on: May 03 2005, 04:44 am »
Yeah.... he does... I thought Zanaba was evil evil at first, but decided her point was ok... though... I CRIED FOR HAKU!!! *weeps*
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #12 on: May 03 2005, 04:47 am »
If you mean when he was dying...I felt upset, but I didn't cry. The ending, though did...Haku looked as if he was putting on a brave face for Chihiro, and I cried because I guessed that they might never see each toher again - Haku would effectively be alone again.

The music did it for me everytime...this was a typical scene;

Me; I won't cry. I've seen this sceen a thousand times, so I'm used to it.
(Sad music comes on, but gets a bit happier)
Me; See? I'm fine. Perfectly fine
(Music has that slwo tinkling bit that's so sad, because it reminds me of tears or something, and it just gets me)
Me; That's...so...so...saaaaad! *Bawls like baby*

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #13 on: May 03 2005, 04:50 am »
That reminds me of something out of Furuba... it has these extras where Takaya writes about video games... and her bear is commenting to her to get used to it... ^__^

he he.. i don't cry at the ending... only a few get me crying every time... that is... Fruits Basket.... and.... er... thats it ^__^
Tell me..
Why...

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #14 on: May 04 2005, 05:50 am »
i love Spirited Away too!! love Chihiro's name in chinese (because i watch it in mandarin).. its so nice!

initially i thought the no-face creature is good.. but in the end.. its a menace..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #15 on: May 04 2005, 05:55 am »
I liked the character, but I found it getting so crazy a bit weird...it really made me not like him as much.

Offline bLuetopaz

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #16 on: May 04 2005, 05:59 am »
yeah.. the initial part was ok..
then it started to act crazily..

Forum Family:
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
---

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #17 on: May 05 2005, 05:06 am »
Strange thing... hmm... though it seemed to like Chihiro.
Tell me..
Why...

Offline bLuetopaz

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #18 on: May 05 2005, 10:23 am »
yeah.. during the initial part.. but after that, it just went berserk?

Forum Family:
---

Offline kiri

• If the silence was a song, its rhythm grooves.
« Reply #19 on: May 05 2005, 10:41 am »
Great plot; amazing visuals as usual from Miyazaki.

Miyazaki said so himself that in the end, Chihiro does not remember what happened in the spirit world. That's why a lot of the fanfiction on fanfiction.net does not make sense.