AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166854 times)

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #260 on: May 12 2006, 05:08 am »
Yes, please don't double post. You can use the modify button to add to your post. ^^

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #261 on: May 17 2006, 05:35 pm »
Hey, did you know Fai's langauge is Russian, now if only I could translate it and read it...look at this web site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_alphabet

What do you think, is it Russian?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #262 on: May 17 2006, 08:07 pm »
How did you find that out? That's Fai's language is Russian?
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #263 on: May 17 2006, 08:08 pm »
whered my post go?

it looks similar, but not quite...maybe its based off it?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 17 2006, 09:10 pm »
When Fai speaks in his... "native" language we really see russian letters. But some figures and other symbols are used there as well (like $<@#).
I think it's just another one way  to show the difference between the worlds, nothing more :keke:
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #265 on: May 18 2006, 07:02 am »
Hrmm...yeah. If I were to imagine Fai's language I'd imagine it was something like Russian or because his writing looks like Runes...maybe something of a celtic region?
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 18 2006, 07:44 am »
Actually last time i thought of it i finally understood what in Fai seems familiar to me. You may laugh but both his appearence and character remind me of elves :heh:. I mean he has light hair and blue eyes, he is tall and thin, elegant, graceful and quick and he prefers fighting in distance (using bow and darts), he is not fond of hard work which requires physical strengh... I think he cares of his appearence, especially when he choses clithes... what else? He is wise, (pretends to be) happy and optimistic, he is good at drawing and likes music.  So...

OK, it was just another crazy random thought, forget it :)
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #267 on: May 18 2006, 08:38 am »
Well Fai's other half of his language is that of magic symbols and other things, which I'm not to sure I should post the web site because of some bad things on it, I'll try to find a safer web site, but it is called the Malachim, as its a mixtrue of Greek and Hebrew wrighting.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #268 on: May 18 2006, 10:06 am »
Actually last time i thought of it i finally understood what in Fai seems familiar to me. You may laugh but both his appearence and character remind me of elves :heh:. I mean he has light hair and blue eyes, he is tall and thin, elegant, graceful and quick and he prefers fighting in distance (using bow and darts), he is not fond of hard work which requires physical strengh... I think he cares of his appearence, especially when he choses clithes... what else? He is wise, (pretends to be) happy and optimistic, he is good at drawing and likes music. So...

OK, it was just another crazy random thought, forget it :)

Fai does resemble a kind of Tolkien-esque elf, doesn't he? The name 'Fay' actually means 'fairy or elf'. Then again, it's listed as a girl's name on babynames.com. He's fair, elegant and has a sad beauty to him, just like the elves in Middle Earth do. And he uses a bow in Shurano! Hee!
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Mimie

• New Fan
  • i am KYUT!!!!!!
« Reply #269 on: May 18 2006, 12:54 pm »
Actually, a lot of fans think that Fai's origin is Russian. Well blame it on the eurasian look (blonde hair, blue eyes) and probably, because the climate in Celes is cold, just like Siberia (Russia).
CLAMP has good fashion sense.....e_e

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #270 on: May 18 2006, 10:28 pm »
Or Icelandic? I mean the sterotype of Russians isn't really fair skinned beautful blondes, is it? That's more of an Icelandic thing. Russians are like mad, dark, hairy vodka drinkers. No offence to Russians, here! It's the sterotype!

I don't really see much of a resemblance between Tolkien eleves and Fai to be honest. The elves in his books are mostly arrogant to way too "airy fairy". Fai is much more down to Earth and let's not forget that Tolkien usually makes his elves as perfection, Fai has many flaws. And they usually have long hair...and pointy ears....and are respectful...*listens as Fai screams "Kuro-puu!"*

I love Fai, he's so damn cute. I'm going to start RPing him.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #271 on: May 22 2006, 07:08 am »
If someone came to Fai and asked if he were particuarly loyal, what do you think he would say/react, I'm debating quite a few options, but I don't know which one to go for...
Maybe that it would remind him of Ashura, his smile would falter but then he'd fall back into his role again, or maybe he would be sneaky about answering or maybe he react the same way when Yuuko asked him for his tatoo, with that grin again? I just can't decide.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #272 on: May 22 2006, 08:26 am »
If someone came to Fai and asked if he were particuarly loyal, what do you think he would say/react, I'm debating quite a few options, but I don't know which one to go for...
Maybe that it would remind him of Ashura, his smile would falter but then he'd fall back into his role again, or maybe he would be sneaky about answering or maybe he react the same way when Yuuko asked him for his tatoo, with that grin again? I just can't decide.

well in the manga, he said he'd help Syaoran find the feathers so long as it doesnt threaten his life (he daid it i think in vol 1 or 2) but friendships grew and now he'd probably do ANYthing save for magic for his friends.
Show content
tho in ch 108 he used magic to save the gang, so yeah, he's loyal enough o save his friends
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline aveline

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #273 on: May 24 2006, 07:26 pm »
To me he seems quite Elvish; ageless, mysterious and magical, but he's also a lot more human in that he's quite a flawed character. I don't know about him being particularly loyal, I think if he was asked he'd say "of course"  and wonder why he'd been asked. I don't think any of his companions would ask that though, they have no reason to doubt him as far as they're concerned. Kurogane's scratched the surface the most, so I guess he'd be the most likely to ask, but then I don't think he totally trusts Fai anyway.

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 25 2006, 02:35 am »
I actually like his character, more than Syaoran or Kuro-pin. It's fun to watch him annoy the hell out of Kuro-pin to no end. His personality along with Sakura's gives humor to the series. And seriously, Kurogane would only be a boring extra without Fai at his side.

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 25 2006, 03:27 am »
I actually like his character, more than Syaoran or Kuro-pin. It's fun to watch him annoy the hell out of Kuro-pin to no end. His personality along with Sakura's gives humor to the series. And seriously, Kurogane would only be a boring extra without Fai at his side.
Hai! But the same sorta goes for Fai too - without Kuro he might be ..fairly ..bland.. ( I love Fai, but the humour of his relationship with Kuro is the best bit of the series for me and the source of most of the Fai!Humour. Without Kuro he'd just be  like.. 'happy' all the time until he got tired of it and then decended into constant Emo!Fai and left or died. Oh! And! It's like Kuro made him see the point of living his life properly again, ye? :3 ... ). So uhm. In short, neither of their characters would be half as awesome without the other (and I honestly think I woulda given up reading Tsubasa a while ago if there was no KuroFai).

Offline aveline

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #276 on: May 26 2006, 01:45 am »
Yeah, I love Fai and Kurogane, they're my favourites :) They're certainly the reson I read Tsubasa, if it was just s+s I don't think I'd bother

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 26 2006, 03:03 am »
Hai! But the same sorta goes for Fai too - without Kuro he might be ..fairly ..bland.. ( I love Fai, but the humour of his relationship with Kuro is the best bit of the series for me and the source of most of the Fai!Humour. Without Kuro he'd just be like.. 'happy' all the time until he got tired of it and then decended into constant Emo!Fai and left or died. Oh! And! It's like Kuro made him see the point of living his life properly again, ye? :3 ... ). So uhm. In short, neither of their characters would be half as awesome without the other (and I honestly think I woulda given up reading Tsubasa a while ago if there was no KuroFai).

If we talk of THAT, there's one interesting thing. A person i know (just a little) is interested in psychology and she is studiing it. And she made some character analysis using some tests. As a result Fai turned out to be INFP (don't ask what it is, i don't know all these termins), while Kurogane was ESTP. AND the type of their RELATIONSHIP is dual. To make it short this is the most perfect type of relationship, when two persons become one. Thanks to their difference the 1st gives to the 2nd what the 2nd lacks, and vice versa, so they make some kind of exchange and have a great influence on each other. They become essential part of each other's life, though usually they don't realize it until lose each other. Eh, I guess this post is more kuroxfaiish, then faiish :sweatdrop:... oh well!

(By the way Sakura and Sayo are different types of persons, but they also have THIS KIND of relationship - dual. So we have two perfect couples here :keke:)

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #278 on: May 26 2006, 04:24 am »
Fai is a INFP, here is a web site, it sounds a lot like Fai.
http://www.typelogic.com/infp.html
If you look some more you could find Kuro's and the others.

I never seemed to look at it in a psychology way.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #279 on: May 26 2006, 09:17 am »
Fai is a INFP, here is a web site, it sounds a lot like Fai.
http://www.typelogic.com/infp.html
If you look some more you could find Kuro's and the others.

I never seemed to look at it in a psychology way.
wow, that sorta describes fai's persona on the dime.
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi