AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166889 times)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: Fai - Tortured Soul
« Reply #60 on: July 17 2005, 02:06 am »
ano...I'm glad to help?  :sweatdrop:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #61 on: July 26 2005, 08:14 pm »
He actually does look quite evil there.....but then again, although I love Fai to bits, I can't help wondering if CLAMP will show an angry biter side to him one day...the smug smirks and lidded eyes kinda indicates that.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #62 on: August 05 2005, 02:54 pm »
Fai....what can I say..I LOVE FAI!!! I like the way he always has that optomistic additude and what not. Espicelly his eyes ^^ Go Fai!!

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #63 on: August 05 2005, 02:57 pm »
You know, I'd never have guessed, with a username like yours!

Hmm......I don't know what it is about Fai that intrigues me so. I started TRC fully expecting to have Syaoran as my fav character, like in CCS. But then we met Fai, and I fell in love on the spot.

In a way, I think Fai's happier when he's not smiling...do you know what I mean?

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #64 on: August 05 2005, 03:06 pm »
In a way, I think Fai's happier when he's not smiling...do you know what I mean?

I understand what you mean.
Many times his smile is only covering his pain.
Just a reflex to throw everyone off.
Only when he smiles for real........

Offline cardcaptor519

• Obsessed with CCS, TRC and S+S
  • Mega Fan
  • Syaoran Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: August 05 2005, 04:21 pm »
Fai is pretty cool, i like him...especially his hair!!
Love...Destiny...Faith...Hope...S+S Forever...
icon by me

image from http://www.suppi.net/slg/

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #66 on: August 07 2005, 03:02 am »
But I think he's a little bit happier since he met Syaoran and co and go with them...
Since Outo and his talk with Mokona his smile seems more real..
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #67 on: August 07 2005, 05:45 am »
Yes but he's still hiding. Even though Kurogane is figuring him out, he refuses to say anything about his past and Ashura. His smiles may be gaining relevance, but Fai still has a long way to go before he becomes a complete person again.

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #68 on: August 07 2005, 06:10 am »
I think that at some point there should just be at least one episode pertaining to Fai's past.  It may be a misprint, but volume one actually says that Fai is the ruler of Seresu (Celes).  Something else that may have been forgotten, is that he told Chi to infom him if Ashura wakes.  This leads me to believe that somethink will be revealed long before he has to return to his own world.

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:
Dragonia - Imoto-Chan, moonprincess18 - Imoto-Chan
moezy-chan - Onee-San, KawaiiHana - Itoko
KuroPuppy  - Onii-San, Tooya_Mizuki - Onii-San
Zeldi - Imoto-Chan, Starfire - Imoto-Chan
Okamirei - Imoto-Chan, Ralea - Imoto-Chan
OniiChanTouya-Itoko, princess_kakurine - Imoto-Chan, Moon Hime - Imoto Chan

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #69 on: August 07 2005, 06:18 am »
I think that at some point there should just be at least one episode pertaining to Fai's past.  It may be a misprint, but volume one actually says that Fai is the ruler of Seresu (Celes). 

Oh, Clamp won't forget about Fai.........we'll get more.
And I believe Chii calling Fai, "King" was a huge misprint. Among other mistakes
I am now being made aware of.
I got book six, and they garbled up the part where Fai and Kuro talk in the bar pretty badly.
They also changed part of what Kuro says when he has to share a room with Fai in Hanshin.

Hmm....I think I now like the online translations better.
At least they are making an attempt to keep the meaning the same.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #70 on: August 07 2005, 04:02 pm »
I do hope Chii returns to play a bigger part eventually. I find her relationship with Fai interesting... in a companion/pet type of way. I doubt there's any romance going on like in Chobits. But I think Fai may have an attachment to her, like she's the only real friend he's ever had (before Syaoran-tachi, of course). I also think it'd be cute to see the gang's (especially Kuro-chan's) reaction to seeing Chii. ^__^

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #71 on: August 07 2005, 04:18 pm »
I find her relationship with Fai interesting... in a companion/pet type of way.

That's what I think too.
I think she's like a friend/pet.
She seems more like a pet, how he pats her head and such and she doesn't seem to be
extremely bright in a normal human type of way. I also don't think Fai would have left
her there in danger if he had a deeper relationship with her.
I wonder about that part. He did leave her there, and I have the feeling when Ashura wakes up
she is going to be in danger.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #72 on: August 08 2005, 12:17 am »
I think that as she's blocking Ashura's exit, Chii will end up destroyed by the dark haired king...and that will add even more guilt onto Fai's shoulders. He may have a slight breakdown, or he could feel her injuries before she's destroyed.

Heh...anyone who's read a certain fanfic about Smiles will recognise that scene.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #73 on: August 08 2005, 04:21 pm »
I don't imagine Ashura being all that interested in Chii, but I think he would use her to get to Fai if he could. And I think Fai would feel guilty if she were hurt, like Ruby Chan said.

And this is totally random, but I happened to look up the name Fay on a baby names site, and it means "fairy" or "elf". Heh... I think it kind of suits Fai's lightness and mystery. I wonder if CLAMP knew that?? XD

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #74 on: August 08 2005, 06:06 pm »
I do hope Chii returns to play a bigger part eventually. I find her relationship with Fai interesting... in a companion/pet type of way. I doubt there's any romance going on like in Chobits. But I think Fai may have an attachment to her, like she's the only real friend he's ever had (before Syaoran-tachi, of course).

I hope to see Chii again too!

In an odd way, I sort of find Fai a little like Yue O_O. Okay, Fai and Yue's personalities are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, but both of them are hiding some sort of pain with something  else. In Yue's case, he covers up his pain with cold, emotionless expressions, and in Fai's case, he covers up his pain with tons and tons of smiles.

I really really want to know about Fai's past.
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #75 on: August 09 2005, 02:49 am »
And this is totally random, but I happened to look up the name Fay on a baby names site, and it means "fairy" or "elf". Heh... I think it kind of suits Fai's lightness and mystery. I wonder if CLAMP knew that?? XD

Probably....they put a lot of thought inot choosing their names most of the time, as it can alter how a story is told, or their background scenes (eg, cherry blossoms for Sakura). And I think that Fai really is elflike, so it sort of suits his personality.

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #76 on: August 09 2005, 04:22 am »
I definatly think the name is not an accident.  I also think that Clamp may have had a special reason for choosing Chii.  Somehow I am convinced that Ashura has the power to come after Fai.  I think that the next time we see him, it will not be in Celes.  As for Chii's fate, I think it depends on what Fai turned her into.  I really couldn't tell what she was.  (Maybe a fancy alarm system?)  :confused:

Avatar by Okamirei!! So Many thanks to her!  Sig is my first attempt, but it's really growing on me. ^_^
Forum Family:

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #77 on: August 09 2005, 04:28 am »
Fai turned her into a sort of net I think, that spread across the pool. She's probably a cross between a barrier, and an alarm to warn Fai that Ashura's waking up/escaping.

I think that this could be one reason why Fai, whilst running, doesn't seem to be so paranoid that he continually looks over his shoulder. He trusts Chii to warn him before danger comes in the form of Ashura.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #78 on: August 09 2005, 04:29 am »
I wonder how she's going to warn him...will it be like telepathy?

Offline Sayora Chan

• Great Fan
  • Fai-A-Holic
« Reply #79 on: August 09 2005, 04:35 am »
That seems very likely, since Fai was not sure of where he was going to be when Ashura wakes.

Forum Family: