AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166833 times)

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #360 on: July 11 2006, 09:40 pm »
Synesthesia is, simply put, combined senses. For example, letters have personalities, genders, colors and sometimes surfaces to me. Then I get mental images from music and so on. Look it uo here: www.mixsig.net

Hope to have helped you  :wink:
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Koushiro

« Reply #361 on: July 11 2006, 11:18 pm »
Well, i liked him ever since the 1st book. mystery shrouds him in all directions and he's always poking fun at Kuro-san.
~Tsubasa - The Ethereal World~

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #362 on: July 12 2006, 07:40 am »
Synesthesia is, simply put, combined senses. For example, letters have personalities, genders, colors and sometimes surfaces to me. Then I get mental images from music and so on. Look it uo here: www.mixsig.net

Hope to have helped you  :wink:

Thank you for the info! That actually sounds pretty cool.

So, about Fai...any of you care to offer speculations about the whole Celes affair? About Fai's magic? Other things Fai-related? I'm currently too stuck on the way Fai is looking at Ashura-ou before he leaves to come up with anything.  :heh:
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #363 on: July 12 2006, 08:03 am »
Code: [Select]
Thank you for the info! That actually sounds pretty cool.
No prob  :wink:

So, about Fai...any of you care to offer speculations about the whole Celes affair? About Fai's magic? Other things Fai-related? I'm currently too stuck on the way Fai is looking at Ashura-ou before he leaves to come up with anything.

I don't really have many theories... But since I saw the splash page of chapter 117, I'm quite convinced he and Ashura had a thing going. I mean, they're sitting together in a verrry intimate manner and since Fye actually rests his head in his lap (!) I think that really indicates a very close relationship, doesn't it?

By the way, I personally am hoping for a nice and angsty KuroFye moment after Syaoran turns back to normal, of course under the condition Syao ever really does. I mean, though he never was keen on using it (and do we really know he wasn’t?) he kept his magic as a precious thing, in my opinion. And that being taken away is like taking a part of his soul away. Fye and his magic, even if he doesn’t use it, is just a unit, something that can’t be separated. What would he be without it? So I think it would be great if there would be an angsty scene of him, Kurogane and Syaoran. (Though I just know CLAMP won’t do me this favour.)

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #364 on: July 12 2006, 10:18 am »
did somebody ask for a pirat fai? ^^:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4411/tek060711bf72555sv.png

^^
(its based of the avatar systam on gaiaonline.com
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Saoho

« Reply #365 on: July 12 2006, 11:35 am »
That's so cute!  :icon_pirat:

About Fye and his magic:
Show content
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in Chp 10 in the Hanshin Republic Syaoran says, when talking about Fye being used to fighting, "You can feel the power when you look into his eyes", and Kurogane replies with that "...." look of his and a "You are not as dumb as you look!". This made me think that maybe Syaoran unconsciously knew of the existence of power in Fye's eyes ever since the beginning,

Quotes from Be With You Scans ^^

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #366 on: July 12 2006, 11:50 am »
That's so cute!  :icon_pirat:

About Fye and his magic:
Show content
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in Chp 10 in the Hanshin Republic Syaoran says, when talking about Fye being used to fighting, "You can feel the power when you look into his eyes", and Kurogane replies with that "...." look of his and a "You are not as dumb as you look!". This made me think that maybe Syaoran unconsciously knew of the existence of power in Fye's eyes ever since the beginning,

Quotes from Be With You Scans ^^

Demo... I thought that just meant that Syaoran could see in Fai's eyes that he was an experienced warrior. People in manga and movies can always tell a whole load of stuff about you just by gazing into your eyes.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #367 on: July 12 2006, 11:59 pm »
I had an interesting idea over in The Rght Eye topic, someone there said that the left eye is supposed to be like the window to your mind or something, so what if now -because Syaoran now has Fai's left eye- he'll be able to see his past?
Although I think the only person Fai would tell his past to woudl be Kuro-muu...
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #368 on: July 13 2006, 12:55 am »
It would be such a disappointment if Fai's past wasn't revealed to the whole group... just
crazed!Syaoran. Just because I have a feeling that Fai's past is going to come back to haunt him and generally make trouble for the group.

Plus it'd be a major downer for KuroFai shippers (such as myself.)

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #369 on: July 13 2006, 02:58 am »
It would be such a disappointment if Fai's past wasn't revealed to the whole group... just
crazed!Syaoran. Just because I have a feeling that Fai's past is going to come back to haunt him and generally make trouble for the group.

Plus it'd be a major downer for KuroFai shippers (such as myself.)

Yup, it would! Who has the right to see or know about Fye's past if not Kurorin? He already made several attempts to get to know more about him, he's the one who cares most about Fye (if only by watching him very closely) and he's the one who pays the most attention to him. It would be so unfair if anyone else got to discover Fye's backgrounds first!

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #370 on: July 13 2006, 03:26 am »
Yeah, I think Kuro would find out about Fai's past 1st, considering what is happening, I think once this arc is over, its going to be about Fai for a while, wishful thinking.....hehe, CLAMP is so crule to their fans.....
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Rusty

• #1 Sexy Bishie Lover
  • Super Fan
  • if you keep bugging me i will eat you
« Reply #371 on: July 13 2006, 03:47 am »
i hope that Fye's past is something unimagineable
or something really that takes your breath away... because otherwise
all this anticipation might be a little wasted... :(

~~XXForum FamilyXX~~
<3 Big Sisters!! <3
S.Espoire
Fye-chan 
sofiacardcaptors

<3 Little Sister!! <3
Deathwish
<3 Cousin!! <3
Pretty/LSD

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #372 on: July 13 2006, 04:15 am »
Yeah, I think Kuro would find out about Fai's past 1st, considering what is happening, I think once this arc is over, its going to be about Fai for a while, wishful thinking.....hehe, CLAMP is so crule to their fans.....

Actually i think not only Kuro will be the first, i think he's going to the ONLY ONE who will find it out. I have a feeling that Fai's past is VERY... hard (?), so Kuro will just tell him to leave it behind, and both of them will keep it between just them & not traumatize the kids psychics :heh:
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #373 on: July 13 2006, 04:42 am »
Actually i think not only Kuro will be the first, i think he's going to the ONLY ONE who will find it out. I have a feeling that Fai's past is VERY... hard (?), so Kuro will just tell him to leave it behind, and both of them will keep it between just them & not traumatize the kids psychics :heh:

Awesome idea, Chiaki! Come to think of it, I don't think the group could ever be as before when everyone knew what's been going on in Fye's past. Fye isn't the kind of person who runs away from Ashura just because he betrayed him, as it's often portrayed in fanfictions, even though it would hurt him deeply. In fact, I can't think of anything bad enough to make Fye run away and break so thoroughly. So it really has to have been pretty nasty what happened in Celes.

And now imagine everyone (the whole group, this is) would know about the cruel things (and maybe what he himself did, judging by his aura of heavy, heavy guilt).

I don't think they would ever be able to travel together as they always did. Maybe they'd even see him as a different person; remember, not everyone can be Kurogane. It would disturb the precarious balance in their companionship.

No, I really think it'd be best if there was a nice and angsty scene between Kurogane and Fye, with plenty H/C and then a saucy little speech from Kuro just as we love it. After that, everything goes on as before, at least from Syaos and Sakuras point of view. (Though I'm convinced they would at least notice some subtle change.)

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #374 on: July 13 2006, 06:20 am »
Kurogane definitely deserves to be the one to know about Fai's past, since he's the only one who gives us the hints! Kuro's worked for it, he deserves some kind of payoff after all the digging and protecting he's been doing lately.

And yeah, I think Kuro's going to tell Fai to forget about the past. Because, I mean, Kuro's not a saint either. He's a ninja. He's killed a whole whack of people. So Fai's past might not be AS shocking to someone like Kuro.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #375 on: July 13 2006, 06:32 am »
Kurogane definitely deserves to be the one to know about Fai's past, since he's the only one who gives us the hints! Kuro's worked for it, he deserves some kind of payoff after all the digging and protecting he's been doing lately.

And yeah, I think Kuro's going to tell Fai to forget about the past. Because, I mean, Kuro's not a saint either. He's a ninja. He's killed a whole whack of people. So Fai's past might not be AS shocking to someone like Kuro.

Darn right you are! But I really am keen on Fye's past. I'd love it to contain some tragic love story, though it's such a cliché. Because I think this would be something Kuro could not wipe away so easily - I have the feeling in matters of romance and of the heart he's not quite as experienced as Fye. So maybe he won't be able to wipe it aside as easily as he would have done it if it had been a matter of violence and such. Maybe.
To be honest, now I'm completely clueless how everything will/cann/should be from thinking too much about it  :sweatdrop:

~*Forum Family*~

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Saoho

« Reply #376 on: July 13 2006, 11:22 am »
Demo... I thought that just meant that Syaoran could see in Fai's eyes that he was an experienced warrior. People in manga and movies can always tell a whole load of stuff about you just by gazing into your eyes.

Yeah, that's true, but the fact that Fye's eyes were mentioned in relation to 'power' makes me feel that, in a way, it might be Clamp's way of hinting that something is up with those eyes of his... Or maybe I'm just over-analysing everything, what with my eagerness to find out more about Fye  :toothy12:

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #377 on: July 13 2006, 12:00 pm »
i hope that Fye's past is something unimagineable
or something really that takes your breath away... because otherwise
all this anticipation might be a little wasted... :(
I hope his past isn't a major cliché...
I like the Fai pirate on page 19...*feels compelled to make an emo fai*
Yeah, that's true, but the fact that Fye's eyes were mentioned in relation to 'power' makes me feel that, in a way, it might be Clamp's way of hinting that something is up with those eyes of his... Or maybe I'm just over-analysing everything, what with my eagerness to find out more about Fye  :toothy12:
well, clamp has had some pretty odd hintings before like in Wish
Show content
when devils having crushes on the lead man meant he was going to die
(not the best example... buy Fai's eyes are possible...

Here's a question for the masses:
Will fai get a new eye? or an eyepatch, or a magic thing, or a glass eye, or what, go eyeless? (my friend's cat lived without an eye...it didn't look too bad, so fai could do that too) Or, he could be like Hatori from Fruits Basket, who is low vision in his left eye, and just grow his hair longer over the missing one. (hence emo fai)
What do you think?
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #378 on: July 13 2006, 01:15 pm »
Fai with an Eyepatch....hehehe..... i can see a fanfic in there somewhere, but then again, having a glass eye would be cool, as in he could do this.....read the off topic

off topic
Well I've known two people who have lost an eye, one was distant and have no idea how he lost it and always kept it quite, but the other, he'd pull it the glass eye out and freak people out over it laughing like a mad man, there was a time in school, the teacher would tell him to keep his eye's on the board, and you know what he did, he gets up, pops his eye out, put it on the board, sat back down and started talking to his friends again, after that the teacher let him be...
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #379 on: July 13 2006, 10:25 pm »
Well, whenever someone loses an eye in CLAMP (lol, I love how it's become commonplace for people to lose their eyes) CLAMP usually draws the eye in question as just a blank circle. Look at
Show content
Watanuki from XXXHolic.

Emiko's Forum Family