AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166888 times)

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: Fai/Fye/Fay
« Reply #20 on: May 11 2005, 07:12 am »
***You say that there's a war going on in his country...but I wonder whether he accidentally did it after losing control of his powers. Maybe that's why he's so afraid to go back, and face Ashura....***

I don't think it's that, but rather maybe he was somehow forced into doing something BY King Ashura.
Being the King's Wizard (which I'm assuming he was) he would be very close to King Ashura. Maybe he was forced or Tricked. I don't know. I just feel like he isn't using his magic because of some great guilt.
Maybe he then realized how out of control King Ashura was and sealed him away with his magic.

Strangely enough, out of all the Tsubasa characters I like and relate to him the most.
Of course I love all of them. And Kuro-pi gets cuter and cuter, but this topic is about Fai, so let's hear more theory!

Offline Keruberus

• New Fan
  • Great Clamp Fan!!
« Reply #21 on: May 12 2005, 06:22 am »
I think that Fye is a cool way to spell the name. I really loved his fight with Primera in the Episode 5, the way he talked to her was so kawaii!
I think that everyone that transported the guys to Yuuko's place knew what they were doing, but as I read somewhere, they could do this only one time in life. Since Fye teleported himself, he knew where he was going to land.
Keruberus

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #22 on: May 12 2005, 09:57 am »
Well Faye and Fay and Fai sound the same but Fye wounds different. Like "die" or "fight".
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline windytree

• a Hundred Smiles for you forever and always
« Reply #23 on: May 17 2005, 01:47 am »
when i was watching episode one. Fye referred to Aschura as a "she" in fact like the other characters he meets her counterpart in the Kudan world! That wife lady who looks after Sakura. I also thought he got his tatoo from sealing Aschura, and she must have been quite important to him, but he sealed her with his own hands. So i thought maybe he was running from guilt? From her waking rage?

Anyway!! yeh I Like Fye!!! :okay: hes INTRIGUING, mysterious and so beautiful to watch! I also like Kurorin! And i agree that he develops feelings for Sakura! But he does for the entire group! HE is a grreat Character too! :lol: though all males who see Sakura smile seem to fall in love with her a bit anyway, but i reckon they all feel that Her and Syaoran is PERFECT!!! as they are destined afterall!!! :hello2:

!! ahhh wouldn't it be fantastic to learn more about Fye!
If i can take a star for everytime you've made me smile. Then all the stars in the sky will be in my hand. And if stars can really make dreams come true, i will give each and every star to you.

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #24 on: May 17 2005, 05:44 am »
Fye referred to Aschura as a "she" in fact like the other characters he meets her counterpart in the Kudan world! That wife lady who looks after Sakura.

Isn't that Arashi from X 1999? Not Ashura....anyway, I'm still going on a slight shonen-ai theme. Plus, if you think about this, it relates back to Yuki and Touya too. Like Yukito, Fai has a false smile to hide his pain, and has elements of magic....maybe Ashura is like Touya, and they were friends as King and magician...but let it develop into something more.

As to the sealing...if Ashura got wounded in battle, Fai may have sealed him to save his life. But Ashura may think that Fai betrayed him (like Inuyasha and Kikyo), which could be why Fai's afraid of him now.
« Last Edit: May 18 2005, 03:41 am by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #25 on: May 17 2005, 07:05 am »
***Fye referred to Aschura as a "she" in fact like the other characters he meets her counterpart in the Kudan world!***

Ashura is a man.
Maybe there was a mistake in the subtitle?

I don't know if Ashura was good or bad in R.G. Veda, but I have the feeling Fai had to seal him away because he feared what he would do.

Offline WheetWhoo09

« Reply #26 on: May 31 2005, 01:41 am »
I was wondering about the different spellings of his names too. Cuz Fye does seem different in pronunciation than Fai. Fai seems like the English way to spell it though, so is it maybe that Fye really is pronounced Faye in another language, and thats why they translated it like they did? ... i dunno if I make sense.

Anyhoo, I do love Fai sooo much. You can tell that under his playful face he has many secrets. Still, for such a mysterious background (and it seems so dark too), he can make so many jokes and be so lovable. <I especially loved when he gave everyone names in the Country of Oto> ...He's very sexy too, I think (creepy, but yes).

^_^  I havent seen him in the episodes though (because I havent seen any of them), is he different in them? Like, do they change his importance or role any?
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') I'll be Little Bunny, and Dan can be Big Bunny!!

~*^^  woot  ^^*~
"And there are days when I would be away"-S
"Where?"-SW
"Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain."-S
                                     -Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

I LOVE fAI d. fLOWRIGHT!!!!!

-Alex

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #27 on: May 31 2005, 01:44 am »
Hmm...to me, Fai seems less..real in the anime. That's a bad description, but that's all I can thikn of. He seems to have less character development, and you don't get as attached to him as you do in the manga.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #28 on: May 31 2005, 06:54 am »
***I was wondering about the different spellings of his names too. Cuz Fye does seem different in pronunciation than Fai.***

I don't think the pronunciation is any different. I think changing names from Kana or Kanji to Romaji can be kind of tricky sometimes.
In the books here in the U.S. it was first spelled Fye then changed to Fai.
So that's where those spellings come from. Looks like in Japan, the way to spell it would be Fay, but I'm not sure why really. Seems like they would be more likely to use the Fai spelling. I don't think I see too many words where they use a y in place of i.

***Hmm...to me, Fai seems less..real in the anime. That's a bad description, but that's all I can thikn of. He seems to have less character development, and you don't get as attached to him as you do in the manga.***

That's how I feel too, Ruby Chan.
I hope that we see more character developement for him in the anime soon.
Until then, I just fill it in myself, since I fell in love with him in the Manga first anyway! :O)

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #29 on: May 31 2005, 07:44 pm »
In the Anime they spell it Fye and I think that's sounds much better, or?
It's the right name for a so cool guy!!!

Fye-san 4-ever!!!^^
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline de cross

• New Fan
  • .: History Maker :.
« Reply #30 on: May 31 2005, 10:24 pm »
as far as i know [fai] is a spell from the original and i've never heard about spell [fay]
i prefer spell [fye] coz it sound coool !! XD

Thanks to bLuetopaz for the nice avatar & signature

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #31 on: June 01 2005, 02:29 pm »
***In the Anime they spell it Fye and I think that's sounds much better, or?***

Actually, in the anime they spell it Fay.
If you see the eyecatch for him in one of the episodes, they've spelled it Fay.
So I guess that's the Official spelling. I'm sticking to Fai though, it's so kawaii, and makes more sense to me. :O)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #32 on: June 01 2005, 02:30 pm »
I prefer the spelling Fai, as it's how I first got to know him.

Does anyone know if/when Ashura is def going to wake up and come after Fai?

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 01 2005, 03:27 pm »
I m a big fai fan and i prefer that spelling. won't Fay be read as Day.
Somehow fai's character seems somewhat similar to yuki's. both smile a lot and both had more to show than was told earlier. similarly toya is somwhat like kuropuu. Rarely smile, very serious.
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #34 on: June 01 2005, 03:29 pm »
I was just thinking that today! Although I thought about Fai and Yukito earlier, when I postend that up on a baord about similar aniem characters.

But yeah, Kuro-pii is just like Touya! And if you're a shonen-ai lover....

Yukito and Touya....SO
Fai and Kurogane!

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 01 2005, 04:01 pm »
Yes i thought that is where Fai+Kurogane fans got that idea coz there isn't anything like that in the anime or manga, is there?
Actually when i saw TRC poster for the first time i thought (just like many other ppl) that it was just a nicelly made fanart and in that for a long time i kept thinking that they were yukito and toya. Untill i joined this forum and got 2 know a lot more about TRC.
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #36 on: June 07 2005, 03:17 am »
I saw the scans of when the ganga drop into that world with Ashura-ou today...poor Fai goes so pale...and he shows a true side of him when he says about how Kurogane is more observant than he thought...he looks very shifty.

Gasp! Would Fai betray the gang to keep away from Ashura?

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #37 on: June 07 2005, 07:20 am »
***I saw the scans of when the ganga drop into that world with Ashura-ou today...poor Fai goes so pale...and he shows a true side of him when he says about how Kurogane is more observant than he thought...he looks very shifty.***

Ruby Chan, I LOVE that part!
I am reluctant to admit it, but Fai and Kurogane are probably what is making me the craziest about Tsubasa! I want to know what happens SO bad.

I knew that Clamp wouldn't let us down the moment I saw Kurogane pull out his sword on Fai. At that moment we know that Kurogane knows whats up with Fai, but isn't sure what to do about it.

***Gasp! Would Fai betray the gang to keep away from Ashura?***

Betray? I doubt it.
Run..maybe. I think Kurogane has his eye on him though.
Fai's obviously not afraid of what Ashura will do to him physically, but
mentally is another story.

I so wish I knew what happened between them.

And what about all that time Kurogane and Fai have spent together?
Those months alone.
Who knows if maybe they bonded?
Maybe that is time those two characters needed to become trusting of eachother.
Well, somewhat anyway.

And when Ashura comes, if Fai just gives himself up out of guilt or whatever, will Kurogane protect him?

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #38 on: June 07 2005, 07:34 am »
Probably....He got all upset before when Fai got hurt, didn't he? As for bonding...sad, but doubtful. They couldn't speak, remember?

Perhaps betray is too strong a word...but it's very likely that Fai would run, and the gang would have to search thatworld to find him...then when he's found, he could tell the stroy of what REALLY happened.

I agree...it's not the pyshical thing he's afraid of...more the mental, I'd guess.

Offline Pickthelock

• Writers are Liars...
« Reply #39 on: June 07 2005, 09:24 am »
Fai is love.  :haha: I wanna see more of him and learn more about him and care about him. ^^
Just be yourself. You'll be fine. ~Kyoko Honda
My Livejournal! Let's be friends!