AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166826 times)

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #400 on: July 15 2006, 08:20 am »
Well, doesn't RealSyao need the right eye to be complete?  Which will leave cloneSyao with just Fai's left eye... what effect will that have?

No, Fai's left eye is now clone!Syaoran's right eye. So he'd be left with one normal eye if that eye were taken back, and it could cause him to fall apart, though maybe not.

Why do I get the feeling that Fai had some sort of inkling of what was going to happen, specifically? I bet he knew Syaoran'd want his eye. I think that's why he wanted to go with Syaoran instead of Kurogane. Maybe he wanted to try and stop it, even knowing that it was a risk. Though if that's true, Fai's lookin' like a total masochist.

I don't know, is Fai powerful enough to know the future? I thought that was only for really, really powerful people like Clow and Yuuko. He doesn't see to be a yumemi like Tomoyo and Kakyou, and I doubt he's a hoshimi...Maybe he has some kind of limited intuition? I don't think Fai wanting to get hurt himself in someone else's stead would really be masochistic. I don't think Syaoran would go after Kurogane's eyes though, since Kurogane...doesn't have magic in his eyes.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #401 on: July 15 2006, 08:33 am »
LOL oh yeah... I guess that's true. And I don't think he can tell the future either, I think it's just his intuition.

Though if the magic Syaoran used is any indication, Fai's magic is not that impressive to begin with. I mean, it didn't even stun Kurogane.  :hehe: Probably just a technicality, of course.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #402 on: July 15 2006, 09:11 am »
LOL oh yeah... I guess that's true. And I don't think he can tell the future either, I think it's just his intuition.

Though if the magic Syaoran used is any indication, Fai's magic is not that impressive to begin with. I mean, it didn't even stun Kurogane.  :hehe: Probably just a technicality, of course.
right, even from the looks of it, fai doesnt use a magic circle like all the other POWERful magicians use (yuuko, clow, ) he uses writing to usie his magic...does that make him more or less powerful?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #403 on: July 15 2006, 11:45 am »
right, even from the looks of it, fai doesnt use a magic circle like all the other POWERful magicians use (yuuko, clow, ) he uses writing to usie his magic...does that make him more or less powerful?

Might be neither. Maybe Fai's just different.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #404 on: July 15 2006, 02:58 pm »
He is more powerful with written words, because the magic circle is a power helper, and centers its powers in the mid section. So writen is the stonger magic
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #405 on: July 15 2006, 03:18 pm »
He is more powerful with written words, because the magic circle is a power helper, and centers its powers in the mid section. So writen is the stonger magic
so that would make fai more powerful than yuuko and clow and others. (which is rather cool, cuz Clow was always said to be the most powerful magician)
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline mini_flo

• We're so cute together, ne?
« Reply #406 on: July 15 2006, 03:45 pm »
I love fai...he's so funny all the time. like how he can't whistle and says ~hyuu!~ instead. the only sad part about him is the lastest manga. its...freaky. (trying not to say anything...)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #407 on: July 15 2006, 03:55 pm »
ahhh. your set...CHIBI FAI  :inlove:
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #408 on: July 16 2006, 12:23 am »
I don't think the way Fai writes his magic really affects how strong it is, and he can't be more powerful than Yuuko and Clow - he is powerful enough to be able to transport himself to a different world, but he doesn't have the power to travel between multiple worlds like Yuuko or Fei-Wang Reed. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed to ask Yuuko for that power, would he? Fai also says that Yukito must be quite powerful, to be able to transport two people (and Yukito is abel to see the future to some extent, as I forgot to mention in my last post). I think the magic circles have generally appeared for people with similar types of magic. Fai may have a different type all together - I wonder if that's why he needed the marking, because his magic was unlike more usual types of magic? I think it's just to be expected, that there are different sorts of magic in the different worlds, though. I mean, the magic in Koriyo is different, as is the magic in Shura/Yama (not sure about Rekord).

As to when clone!Syaoran used Fai's magic, I think it wasn't effective because a) clone!Syaoran only has half of Fai's magic, which could mean all spells would be at half power, b) clone!Syaoran doesn't actually know how to use Fai's power, he's just twistedly mimicking Fai's earlier spell which wasn't meant injure anyone, so he doesn't know how to create any really destructive spells, d) Kurogane is just ridiculously strong, or c) CLAMP just found it more convient.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #409 on: July 16 2006, 12:35 am »
I agree with you, Capella. I don't think CLAMP would make such a fuss about his great hidden powers to show them being not even able to scratch Kurogane. That's just not typical for them. If they build up such a tension and expectation about them, they won't disappoint as all who anticipating to actually see them!

Besides I'm convinced Fye could have managed to at least transport himself to another world once more, but it surely takes a lot of energy and he simply can't afford to get so worn out on his flight from Ashura, can he?
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #410 on: July 16 2006, 01:56 am »
It could be true that Fai did need Yuko's help to transport himself to other wolrds- but maybe not because he did not have enough strength/power or because his magic isn't as strong.

Remember that he tries not to use his magic- probably because if he does, Ashura will wake?
So if he uses his magic to constantly travel between dimensions and wolrds, the great ammount of power will not go unnoticed by the sleeping king.
So Fai says that he swore not to use his magic, not even to save himself.
So these are my theories:
1) Fai's magic is too powerful and has a destructive nature and he wishes no one else to die by his hand.
2) The constant use of his power will wake Ashura.
3) Not wanting to use magic to protect himself from other bad crowds (FWR)
4) Using his magic only brings memories of war and death (since most of us believe that Fye DID in fact battle for Ashura)

That's what I think- we musn't underestimate Fye's character. Just because he's all goofy and happy does not mean that under that mask lies some horrid truth.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #411 on: July 16 2006, 02:37 am »
@Elenath

You can rule at least point 1 and 2 out from your list. :wink: Since
Show content
he did use his magic in Lecourt to save himself and, most significant, Syaoran-tachi and neither did it seem he couldn't control it (didn't seem so to me when he used it in chapter 120, either) nor was there any sign of Ashura waking up. And he would have known it because Chii would contact him.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
« Reply #412 on: July 18 2006, 05:18 pm »
I still stand up for point #3
Fai does not wish to die, true- but he wouldn't use his magic to save his live alone.
I believe it was in Chapter 118 where Kurogane and Fai have talk and he mentions that he used his magic to save everyone else, but taht he wouldn't mind being killed by himself, with none of the gang involbed.
That's why Fai wishes not to get "attached" emotionally to anyone of the TRC gang. He fears taht they would get involbed and get hurt someway.

Offline Koushiro

« Reply #413 on: July 18 2006, 11:06 pm »
@Elenath

You can rule at least point 1 and 2 out from your list. :wink: Since
Show content
he did use his magic in Lecourt to save himself and, most significant, Syaoran-tachi and neither did it seem he couldn't control it (didn't seem so to me when he used it in chapter 120, either) nor was there any sign of Ashura waking up. And he would have known it because Chii would contact him.

Well, Personally i don't think his Theory is all that bad.... I thought that his waking Ashura one was quite Probable.
~Tsubasa - The Ethereal World~

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #414 on: July 18 2006, 11:56 pm »
It could be true that Fai did need Yuko's help to transport himself to other wolrds- but maybe not because he did not have enough strength/power or because his magic isn't as strong.

Remember that he tries not to use his magic- probably because if he does, Ashura will wake?
So if he uses his magic to constantly travel between dimensions and wolrds, the great ammount of power will not go unnoticed by the sleeping king.
So Fai says that he swore not to use his magic, not even to save himself.
So these are my theories:
1) Fai's magic is too powerful and has a destructive nature and he wishes no one else to die by his hand.
2) The constant use of his power will wake Ashura.
3) Not wanting to use magic to protect himself from other bad crowds (FWR)
4) Using his magic only brings memories of war and death (since most of us believe that Fye DID in fact battle for Ashura)

That's what I think- we musn't underestimate Fye's character. Just because he's all goofy and happy does not mean that under that mask lies some horrid truth.

In my opinion...
1) I don't Fai's magic is destructive in and of itself, as so far we've seen him use it to transform Chii, transport Fai to Yuuko's, sense things, protect the group in Rekord, and try to stop Syaoran's soul from leaving him (also to seal Ashura-ou and create Chii). All of these, whether when Fai had his marking or after he gave it to Yuuko, were controlled and non-violent. The only time we've seen Fai's magic used destructively was by soullessclone!Syaoran. So I don't think his magic could be inherently destructive.
2) I know a lot of people believe that, but I don't see any evidence for it in the story. I mean, why would using magic break the seal on Ashura-ou? Unless Fai needs all his magic to be stable and focussed on maintaining the seal, which also doesn't make sense because then wouldn't it have broken when he transported himself to Yuuko's? That used a fairly large amount of power. I just don't see any support for the theory.
3) Possibly. He could not really have the will to defend himself, though he'll use it to help Syaoran, Sakura, Kurogane, et al.
4) I like that theory. Fai was a warrior of some sort, and he could be averse to continuing in that vein, for reasons related to all those dead people.

As to Fai's power, he says that if he used all his magical powers, getting from one dimension to the next would be all he could do. So he could have done it, but it sounds like it wouldn't have been worth it. The power to traverse multiple dimensions is a big deal - the price to gain it is more than one person can pay. Four people had to sacrifice what was most important to them for it. This is significantly larger than the price of godhood. Not to mention that we haven't seen anyone with the ability to do so other than Yuuko, Fei-Wong Reed, and people who were give the power by the former two. Clow probably also had the power. So Fai is very powerful indeed, but not on that level. (I wonder if this means Ashura-ou will have to go to Yuuko if he wants to chase Fai. Hm, I wonder what he'd have to pay. His right eye?)
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
« Reply #415 on: July 19 2006, 07:39 am »
Hmm I guess you could be right, but it's fun to just brainstorm on some theories and probable outcomes of the character's background.
It's also interesting how people have different representations on the manga and character. The more variety, the better.
I can't wait until CLAMP reveals Fye's side and story. I bet it will be something that will leave the reader with mouth agape.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #416 on: July 19 2006, 08:42 am »
Hmm I guess you could be right, but it's fun to just brainstorm on some theories and probable outcomes of the character's background.
It's also interesting how people have different representations on the manga and character. The more variety, the better.
I can't wait until CLAMP reveals Fye's side and story. I bet it will be something that will leave the reader with mouth agape.
definalty. even tho it wouldnt be TOO surprisong, it will still make our brains melt O_O
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #417 on: July 19 2006, 09:40 am »
definalty. even tho it wouldnt be TOO surprisong, it will still make our brains melt O_O

Probably just out of sheer excitement.

I dunno, CLAMP have a habit of coming up with totally original plots and weird idea so who knows what the hell is gonna come from Fai's past.  They've already shot down a few ideas, but who knows when we'll actually get to find out. Kuro's was pretty sudden and all at once really. I don't think Fai's will be like that at all.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 19 2006, 01:15 pm »
I dunno, CLAMP have a habit of coming up with totally original plots and weird idea so who knows what the hell is gonna come from Fai's past.  They've already shot down a few ideas, but who knows when we'll actually get to find out. Kuro's was pretty sudden and all at once really. I don't think Fai's will be like that at all.

You're so right. I enjoyed learning about Kurogane, but it was trully out of the blue, really.
I kinnda hope they don't rush Fye's.. even though I am clearly dying to know more of him.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #419 on: July 19 2006, 11:42 pm »

Yeah, different opinions/ideas are what make discussion fun. If we all agreed, we wouldn't have much to say, would we?

I also hope Fai's backstory is something unexpected, though...not too out there. As in, I hope it doesn't involve aliens. (Great, now I'm imagining the aliens from Duklyon descending on Celes...) And I wouldn't mind some romance, though I'm content to just imagine it if CLAMP doesn't make it canon. Other than that, I'd like to be surprised.

CLAMP's already let this sit around along time, so I don't think they can really rush it at this point. Besides, they like hanging it over our heads.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster