AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 166751 times)

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #600 on: October 23 2006, 08:38 am »
Hmmm. Well, seeing as magic-users have long lifespans, the age difference might not be that much considering how long Fai and Ashura are ACTUALLY set to live. Also, in the splash page Ashura looked about the same and Fai looked around the same age as in Tsubasa. Though if Ashura is Fai's father (O_o;;) then that splash page might be a little inappropriate, lol. Seriously, though, they look nothing alike. I wonder if Ashura, like adopted him or something?
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #601 on: October 23 2006, 08:56 am »
Hmmm. Well, seeing as magic-users have long lifespans, the age difference might not be that much considering how long Fai and Ashura are ACTUALLY set to live. Also, in the splash page Ashura looked about the same and Fai looked around the same age as in Tsubasa. Though if Ashura is Fai's father (O_o;;) then that splash page might be a little inappropriate, lol. Seriously, though, they look nothing alike. I wonder if Ashura, like adopted him or something?

Maybe father-son type relationships that turn figuratively incestuous are an Ashura family kink, or something? I doubt they're actually father and son (the Celes scene makes it seem like they're more distant than that), though of course I could be wrong. I could see Ashura-ou treating Fai like his son just because - Ashura-ou seems to like kids. Then again, we don't know the context of the image at all, so maybe it's not that significant.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #602 on: October 23 2006, 09:44 am »
i support the theory of Ashura being Fai's adoptive father,because this kind of relationship is based on pure confidence,affection and complicity,so according to the fact that Fai seems totally broken by his past,it may means that he has really been betrayed by his most important person,the one he has always admired through his child's eyes,and who has given him everything he had like happiness comfort and a shelter  :(!

Fai was maybe a abandoned child who was rescued by Ashura,and at the beginning we can suppose that Ashura was a very caring father,but that when he has discovered the magical power of Fai he has changed and has decided to exploit it for his own purpose  :surprised:...

i don't think that Ashura was evil,he has certainly been in contact with a devil aura which has bewitched him,and so that's why Fai was forced to seal him to put an end to his madness  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #603 on: October 23 2006, 11:01 am »
Cool theory Tatasenko, I like this one best. Cause I still don't see Ashura as being Fai's past lover. I see him more as someone Fai cared for deeply. What if Ashura created Fai? (this was a past theory, no?

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #604 on: October 23 2006, 03:19 pm »
those images are just what the doctor ordered to cheer opople up form the anime poison!

kawaii chibis, and the sketch of faiashura :X

cant wait for the omake!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/ayaxxx/GB2.jpg
um.....corect me if im wrong...that arm sleeve behind kuro's head...that would be from FWR's wardrobe, would it not? does tht mean w'll see thtt fat ugly guy in chibi form O_o...thats both funny and wrong. but still, most mangakas when they make chibis, they include everyone. in sailor moon, chibi queen beryl was quite a cutie.

also, if im not mistake, yuuko will be in the image too, cuz only one person wears a headdress wilike that ^^
« Last Edit: October 23 2006, 03:36 pm by Super Sailor Yue »
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #605 on: November 01 2006, 07:23 am »
I'm home sick.. so I could finally finish with this lineart <3
Comments make a sicky artist fell better ^^

Full View: http://pics.livejournal.com/elenatha/pic/0001a1rb

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #606 on: November 01 2006, 08:02 am »
So pretty! Fai's hair being all shiny and lovely... But I do think you might have overdone it a little bit - his hair looks more like it's full of olive oil rather than highlighted by the surrounding magic. Try lessen or even removing the shines on the parts of the strands of hair that - from our point of view - are not "facing" the magic. Ehum, I'm tired, I can obviously not form conprehendable sentences... Do you see what I'm getting at? Treat the magic more like a light source, and adjust the shines - and darken the shadows - with that light source in mind. That, I think, would also add to the dark feeling of the picture.

The magic itself looks really nice, as does its transition from Fai's body. I see no anatomical misstakes neither on Fai nor Ashura, but... what's with the guy, really? He looks like he just discovered there was a camera there, and is now posing for all he's worth while Fai's suffering in the background.

Overall, me likey! :)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #607 on: November 01 2006, 08:22 am »
WAOUH,your naked Fai makes me blush Elenath,you shouldn't show beautiful boy to a girl like me when it's night  :rotfl:!

Fai looks so desirable,totally submissive and confined by the chains of his past which seem to be represented by the spherical shell of his tatooing that is surrounding him  :okay:

moreover i don't know if it was intentional but Fai's hair are half long,exactly like if he was teared open between his past with Ashura when he has got long hair,and his present life where he is travelling with Kurogane  :wink:

i give you a sushi cookie without hesitation (i know that Fai love it  :haha:)

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #608 on: November 02 2006, 10:07 am »
Something interesting in the 2nd character guide. This is Mokona's storyboard for the 1st anime opening she would have liked
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/Senefen/0208.jpg
Fai knew Ashura when he was young....

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #609 on: November 02 2006, 02:14 pm »
Something interesting in the 2nd character guide. This is Mokona's storyboard for the 1st anime opening she would have liked

So that's the context for that image! I wondered what it was for. I can't tell anything from it, but it's good to know!
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Sabbe-chan

• cRAzY fan
  • "L, do you know?..."
« Reply #610 on: November 02 2006, 08:21 pm »
This pic really make me wonder....... *thinking*
I want to know more about Fai's history!
Can't help being a hopeless manga/anime lover....

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #611 on: November 15 2006, 10:01 am »
Copy paste from KuroxFai board:

UGH I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT FYES PAST
Yeah.. so! I was at work, on a break and decided to be an idiot and draw some.... child!Fye doodles, inspired on a scene of my (in-progress) fanfic featuring child kuro and Fye.
Seems tomoyo not only likes to dress Saklura up xD

http://elenatha.livejournal.com/6419.html?mode=reply

o __ o; ..... *gets bricked*

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #612 on: November 19 2006, 09:44 am »
I just noticed a thing about Fai's coat. On the pic in my banner the pattern on his sleeve is yellow but in the anime it's blue. Do anyone know which colour it is supposed to have??
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Mairi

« Reply #613 on: November 19 2006, 10:24 am »
I think Clamp just used whatever colors they felt like for the image in your banner. XD *has that poster* The other color image they've done of Fai has those designs as blue (although the coat is fancier - the picture with the designs all over the coat). They aren't really consistent with their stuff sometimes.

The anime just makes up their coloring, so...basically I have no answer for you. u_u Sorry.

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #614 on: November 19 2006, 03:31 pm »
CLAMP really isn't consistent with colors.  They just go with what works well for the picture.  That's why the eye color of so many of their characters change from picture ot picture.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #615 on: November 19 2006, 03:49 pm »
what poster is that from?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Mairi

« Reply #616 on: November 19 2006, 11:09 pm »
The poster is a Nintendo DS Tsubasa game advertisement. There's a Tsubasa Chronicle videogame for that handheld system, and while it's based on the anime, Clamp did the artwork for the ad.

The game game out last year, in October. It's been out for a while, but I guess since the posters were only in Japan they didn't really get noticed over here.

There's a download for it in the tsubasarc LJ community as well.

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #617 on: November 19 2006, 11:56 pm »
So no one knows? Too bad  :sweatdrop:
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Mairi

« Reply #618 on: November 20 2006, 12:13 am »
I don't think it's so much that no one knows, but it's more like Clamp themselves don't know. XD

There are only 2 color images by them of Fai with that coat. One is blue (and fancy) and one is that gold color. The anime has nothing to do with Clamp, but I guess it could be taken as official. There really isn't any other answer, unless someone happens to be friends with Clamp and can ask them (that would be nice).

Offline Girlies_Royal_Ed

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #619 on: November 20 2006, 11:50 am »
fai and kurogane became my favourite characters the second I saw them. :)