AuthorTopic: Gundam Wing  (Read 16677 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Gundam Wing
« on: May 30 2005, 08:18 pm »
I noticed another Gundam topic, so I decided to start this one up, as I think Gundam Wing is the best Gundam series of them all! Heero Yuy has gotta be the best character ever! His past is so sad, and you feel sorry for him, having been brought up to be the Perfect Soldier.

What do you guys think?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
Re: Gundam Wing
« Reply #1 on: May 30 2005, 09:28 pm »
I'm biased of course, since I've only seen Gundam WIng

But its a very good series.

And Heero, so sad :( (whats the point of living if you are brought up like that - reminds me of Syaoran from CCS)
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: May 30 2005, 09:41 pm »
Hmm....yeah...I get what you mean about Syaoran and Heero...but Heero had such a crummy past..homeless, then brought up like that...I mean come on, he was taught to self-destruct every time he was in danger of losing!

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: May 31 2005, 06:41 am »
HEERO!! i love you.. hehe my first gundam series.. LMAO!! it's wicked.. i love this and the songs.. and heero and relena pairing..

they don't show them together though which sucks.. AH!!!! and i actually love the MS in this series. o.O haha i love all the 5 mobile suit people.. i don't remember what they're called.. haven't watched in a LONG time.. lmao..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: May 31 2005, 07:28 am »
Umm...these are the gundams...

Wing Gundam
 Gundam Deathsythe
 Gundam Heavyarms
 Gundam Sandrock
 Shenlong Gundam
 Wing Gundam Zero
 Deathsythe H
 Altron

These belong to OZ

Tallgeese
 Leo
 Aries
 Tragos
 Cancer
 Pisces
 Taures
 Vayeate
 Mercurius
 Epyon

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #5 on: May 31 2005, 07:46 am »
o.O you sure know your gundams.. haha.. i only most of them.. not all of them though.. lolz.. i'm not a big fan on the mecha..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #6 on: May 31 2005, 09:23 am »
I love Gundam Wing, its the best show, poor Heero, at least Reelana was there to make him better! I love 1 X R! *sqeeues*

I love the music in that show though, that's some real j-pop in that one! *nods* The movie was good too, I had the unfortunate time to watch the dub version.

But the anime rocks, my very first mecha anime! W00t!
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: May 31 2005, 12:03 pm »
hehe you know what's surprising.. i have never seen the jap version.. HAHA!! i only watched the dubbed.. *nods.. yes yes.. *hear GW fans booing me.. *GLARES!!

well it's true.. gundam wing is pretty old and i loved watching it on tv.. hehe.. i like the dubbed well i have never seen the jap so yea.. XD

poor heero?? what you talking about?!??! ?__?

i don't really remember gundam wing well.. i downloaded it like a few times but i deleted it everytime.. LMAO!! i don't think i got the story line that much but i got the main things.. like relena is a pricess.. a peacecraft.. o.O and that her bro is that zechs guy.. LMAO!! and his real name starts with a M.. haha.. and.. umm i can't think of anything right now.. LMAO!!

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #8 on: May 31 2005, 12:08 pm »
One of the most debated of the series.

It's also the second most mocked series by old-school Universal Century era Gundam fans.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #9 on: May 31 2005, 01:38 pm »
hehe you know what's surprising.. i have never seen the jap version.. HAHA!! i only watched the dubbed.. *nods.. yes yes.. *hear GW fans booing me.. *GLARES!!

well it's true.. gundam wing is pretty old and i loved watching it on tv.. hehe.. i like the dubbed well i have never seen the jap so yea.. XD

poor heero?? what you talking about?!??! ?__?

i don't really remember gundam wing well.. i downloaded it like a few times but i deleted it everytime.. LMAO!! i don't think i got the story line that much but i got the main things.. like relena is a pricess.. a peacecraft.. o.O and that her bro is that zechs guy.. LMAO!! and his real name starts with a M.. haha.. and.. umm i can't think of anything right now.. LMAO!!

When I say poor Heero, i mean, he had a sad past, he doesn't have a family, he was brought up as a ruthless killer. I found it pretty sad, at least to me.

Yes, Relena Peacecraft, she always reminds me of Lacus...cept she isn't a coordy....and doesn't sing....and doesn't have pink hair...kay, at least morally! The way she helped Heero is very similar to the way Lacus helped Kira, in my eyes anyway. Cept, Kira wasn't a killer, brought up horribly.

I love GW, even though it is considered to a bad anime to some, I like it anyways. It introduced me to mecha animes, which I adore, by the way.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #10 on: May 31 2005, 01:48 pm »
yup yup.. i mentioned in the GSD topic.. that lacus reminded me of relena from GW and kira of heero.. XD hehe..

oh ok.. i get it now.. yea he did have a sad past.. and he keeps making it like that... why didn't he just stay with relena.. that would have made my life so much more easier... happy endings for anime is hard to come by.. or i'm never satisifed.. HAHA!!!

all my favourite episodes of GW would have to be the relena and heero episodes.. HAHA!! i remember i use to only download those first.. HAHA!! i was funny back then.. i think it was episode 27 that was an episode based on talking about heero and relena's relationship?? i think.. i don't remember clearly.. hehe

i want to see the jap version now.. now that i think about it.. the english voices sound too deep... for everyone.. even relena. maybe i'll buy the whole GW series.. hehe

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: May 31 2005, 09:55 pm »
Heero was also homeless until he was taken in by Doctor J.....this was my first mecha anime too, unless you count that weird Astroboy....

o.O you sure know your gundams.. haha.. i only most of them.. not all of them though.. lolz.. i'm not a big fan on the mecha..

I don't like them that much, but I mangaed to remember their names.

Funnily enough though, I'm not a big fan of Relena....oh, and that Zechs guy is def her brother...his assistant watches out for Relena for him, to make him happy.

I prfer a shonen-ai gundam wing though, so for me, Heero goes with Duo, and Quatre and Trowa go together!
« Last Edit: June 01 2005, 08:05 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #12 on: June 01 2005, 08:01 am »
O.O i'm not a big fan of yaoi AT ALL!!! so i don't support those pairings.. lolz

duo is funny.. hehe he's cool with heildi?? is that her name.. O.O haha i don't remember too well.. lolz

quatre is such a sweet guy.. i love him.. he was my favourite character for a while and then i started understanding more of GW.. then i loved heero and relena more.. XD YEA!! trowa goes with catherine right?? whooo o.O i remember the pairings lolz.. i don't think quatre had a female person he would go with.. that dorothy girl keeps me out.. LMAO!!!!

and then there's umm that last guy.. what's his name.. umm wu-fai?? O.O is that it?!?!? lmao.. i don't remember his name.. o.O whoo.. he goes with umm some commander girl right?? the one with the 2 pigtails.. hehe.. and then zechs/ or bro of relena (don't know how to spell his name.. hehe) goes with uh that short hair girl.. HAHA!!

i don't remember most of the name.. o.O..

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: June 01 2005, 08:10 am »
Wufei Chang - is that who you mean? He seems to go with Meiran. And Duo's normally coupled with Hilde, yes.

Quatre has to be my second favourite character...although I will always prefer Heero! Not the Perfect Soldier - just perfect!

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 01 2005, 12:13 pm »
One of the most debated of the series.

It's also the second most mocked series by old-school Universal Century era Gundam fans.

Hm, I guess that the number one slot either falls to G Gundam or G-Saviour. ^^
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #15 on: June 01 2005, 12:24 pm »
I like gundam Wing though, maybe because its my first, and like a good series in my opinion, even though the gundams looked sucky sometimes >_>
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #16 on: June 01 2005, 01:38 pm »
it was a confusing series in the beginning for me but i still loved it.. i would miss like all the episodes on tv and get pissed off but that was when i didn't know about downloading.. o.O HAHA!! and then i watched it again and got it.. hehe.. YEA! go me..

this gundam series has a more confusing story line than gundam seed i think.. lolz.. i mean like a secret princess??? a secret brother?? whoo.. o.O and then relena becomes a queen!!! O.O WHOO!!! haha.. and then the 2 main charcter guys are called something too because they have specail MS right?? but i don't remember what??

and in GW, they use mobile DOLLS!!! where there are no humans operating INSIDE THEM.. but they have a control room somewhere and they can control them all in there. like dorothy.. *shiver.. i still don't like that girl.. LMAO!!

Offline Shinigami Zero

• Mega Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 01 2005, 01:43 pm »
Ah, yes. The AI suits were always fun. I liked the G-Bits from Gundam X better, though. >_>

Mainly because they had the Satellite Cannon system. And believe me when I say that makes Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifle look like a toy. O_o
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: June 01 2005, 02:09 pm »
O.O WHOO!!! haha.. and then the 2 main charcter guys are called something too because they have specail MS right?? but i don't remember what??

Do you mean like Duo and Heero? All I know is, Heero is Pilot 1/Perfect Soldier, and Duo is Pilot 2/Shingami - god of death

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #19 on: June 01 2005, 02:11 pm »
I absolutely love this series.  <3  One of the first Gundam series I've ever seen.  I love Heero but I feel so sad for him.  ;_;  The Yaoi pairings in G Wing are so cute.  lol  [is a Yaoi fangirl and also a het]  ;P  The plotline at first was confusing to me too.  x.X;  I didn't get it until I rewatched it 2 times.  I'm kinda slow.... :haha:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics