AuthorTopic: Lord of Tsubasa - A Tsubasa Chronicle/Lord of the Rings Mashup  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
Alright, I know I haven't been here for a long time, but life's really been pushing me to the limit lately. I still haven't forgotten CapturedWings, or the many great things that Card Captor Sakura has brought to my life. I... sort of forgot about TRC, since admittedly, it's not really that great... but that's not the point. Point is I'm back, and I don't know how long for, but I definitely wanna show you guys something I've made while I'm gone.

- - - - -
Here are the links:

PutFile (High-Quality): http://media.putfile.com/Lord-of-Tsubasa
YouTube (Low-Quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2-MEWxkAA

The video is three minutes and three seconds long, and should be about 23.2 MB.

Do me and yourself a favor: If you're watching the PutFile version, when you watch the video, double-click on it to go into full-screen mode. Putfile by default squeezes the video's dimensions, so it looks all squished. That won't be a problem if you go into full-screen mode.
- - - - -

For those who aren't familiar with my first Lord of Tsubasa video (which was a rough draft), let me explain what it is.

Lord of Tsubasa is what you could call an AMV, but that term must be used lightly, as it's not a music video. It's footage from Tsubasa Chronicle timed to the dialogue and music of a Lord of the Rings trailer, specifically that of the Two Towers. Basically, you get the voices of Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, and even Gollum speaking out of the mouths of your favorite characters from Lord of Tsubasa.

There were lots of things involved in the creation of this AMV, and clearly it's not close to perfect, even though I could safely say it's a final, as it has no subtitles and is in high-quality widescreen, as well as the fact that many of the problems of my rough draft are addressed in the final.

In my first draft, lots of challenges arose as I strived to make this an aesthetically pleasing experience. First and foremost was, easily, the lip synching. Sometimes it's so darn impossible to match up voices! The second problem, however, was finding the right scenes to match up with the music. Now that was hell, and much more evident near the end of the video than at the beginning, as the pace increased.

Surprisingly enough, though, there were lots of things in my rough draft that pleased fans of both Tsubasa and LOTR. The first involves Mokona; you'll see. Also, apparently I didn't do as bad a job lip-synching the first time around as I thought.

So with that in mind, I knew it was important that the second one absolutely had to be better than the first in almost every way possible. One of my goals in making the final draft was to have people who saw the first one come back, watch this, and be just as impressed as they were the first time around. I'm hoping I accomplished that goal.

So for those who gave me the incentive to improve my video, this is dedicated to you, as well as the rest of the members of CapturedWings.net forums, for just being awesome people.
« Last Edit: December 17 2006, 07:35 am by Takeru ¥amamoto »
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
hilarious!!!!!!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
I'm guessing the lack of response is due to the lack of a simple, quick way to watch the video. Therefore, I will now provide the link to the already-uploaded YouTube version.

Keep in mind that the PutFile version is bigger, but much higher quality, and most importantly, it's streamed just like on YouTube so you do not actually have to download it to your computer to watch it.

Anyways, enjoy.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
it was very funny ^^

altough nothing beats Lord of the Yen!!! XDDDD
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
Yay, you finished it! As far as I remember however, nothing much seems to have been altered from the old video?
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.