AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 58749 times)

Offline Et3rnal x WiNGS

• Sakura and Syaoran FOREvER!
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #140 on: May 01 2006, 02:00 pm »
i just discovered about TRC about a year ago. my friend showed me manga for the first time! and i was like "ooh whats that?" and he lend me TRC's vol 1. and i read it and i fell in love with TRC!!! i kept on asking him for more and more and he gave me the series of TRC that he has and i got the rest up to vol 9 myself. yeah it was nice xD

Offline panda-chan

• there is no coincident in this world only hitsuzen
« Reply #141 on: May 01 2006, 04:07 pm »
i discovered TRC from my very very close friend, dakku-chan and she is a HUGE fan of clamp especially CCS. i astually get attracted by the cover of the manga which she brought from kino. s + s look sooo kawaii \^O^/ from that moment the love of CCS, chobit and xxxHOLiC grew to TRC!

Arigato dakku chan =bow=

This dream is the beginning
Of a journey carried on small wings
To the place where feelings disappear
The two of us...
Are crossing over the faraway sky and sea

Rika Iiyumi

« Reply #142 on: May 05 2006, 01:02 pm »
i was buying a mountain of CCS manga one day last year and as i was getting ready to go to the cashier i saw a picture on the spine of a book and noticed it looked just like sakura!!! (spine pic of first del rey volume, notice that all the other volumes have syaoran on the spine) i was like O_O and looked at it. that's basically how it got started ^^

Offline Rukia-chan

• Sodeno Shirayuki -- Beginning Dance, Tsukishiro
« Reply #143 on: May 05 2006, 02:49 pm »
I think I was still posting on the AnimeNation forums and someone posted a link to the first magazine cover with Syaoran and Sakura, and low and behold, it was TRC.

After that I read the first chapter online and lost track of it for a year or so until DelRey started publishing the translation.  I found the anime back in September when I remembered that I was really behind on Naruto and visited the Dattebayo site.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 14 2006, 07:47 am »
I discovered TRC surfing  Internet in a Cyber!!! :D

Offline Anna

• Kupo?
« Reply #145 on: May 14 2006, 08:07 am »
I first heard about it in "Kawaii Sakura shrine".  A few weeks later I went to Barnes and Noble, read the first volume,  and bought the second. Been a huge fan since.

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #146 on: May 14 2006, 08:12 am »
I discovered TRC when looking at one of my favourite websites, Syaoran's Bear Corner. Lovely screenshots. On the homepage, a pic of Syaoran and Sakura popped up, but "they looked different!" I was like, "what the heck is that anime and where can I find it!?!?!" A description of the series was written below, and I was like, "heck yeah am I going to fall in love with this series! It looks so awesome! Plus, it has Syaoran in it!!" That also rekindled my fangirl lovey-dovey-kawaiiness for Syaoran :)
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline gemini_sohma_chan

• Yondy-papa say "no!"
« Reply #147 on: May 16 2006, 10:39 am »
I saw the cover for the first book and thought it was a new type of CCS.

Offline cherrytree

• New Fan
  • He took my heart... again!
« Reply #148 on: May 17 2006, 10:33 am »
The Cardcaptors Syaoran and Sakura shrine informed me!

made by me :)

Offline Big Kitty

« Reply #149 on: May 23 2006, 05:08 pm »
I discovered TRC while surfing the net and looking for Sakamoto Maaya's songs at youtube.com. When I listened to "Loop", I noticed that it was Sakura and Syaoran in the video, but a more matured version of them unlike in CCS. And so, after much researching, I fell in love with TRC.

Thanks to Lonely Werewolf for this set! ^_^

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #150 on: May 23 2006, 05:10 pm »
Some friends who loved anime so much told me about TRC X.X

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Lias

• memories, friendship, and hope will make us live
  • ^_^ S+S
« Reply #151 on: May 23 2006, 05:36 pm »
I watch the anime in TV
As long as we have memories, yesterday remains..

As long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits..

As long as we have friendship, each day is never a waste

Offline PnaiAnimeLover

• Why Won't You Love Me?
« Reply #152 on: May 24 2006, 09:08 am »
found out bout it online.....i luv TRC  :inlove:

i won't take back my words, that's my way of the ninja
-Naruto [Naruto]

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #153 on: May 25 2006, 11:39 pm »
Well, my is kind of a long story.....and pretty funny. And people don't kill me on what I'm going to say, when I first saw the manga.

One day, I was looking for Cardcaptor Sakura pictures to make some blogs for neopets (this is a long time ago people). And I found some Images with Syaoran and Sakura older, and two other werid looking people, so I though it was just fanart.

A couple months later, I went into a book store to buy some chobits manga, but they didn't have my volume in (it took them  5 months to bring it in o.O), so I was looking for other manga to read, and I am across "Tsubasa (Reservoir) Chronicle". And it was by CLAMP. I love CLAMP, so I look into it. I saw Sakura and Syaoran in the glass, and I was like ok?? I didn't look anymore into the book. Well I read the part about  the cross over with xxxHOLic, so I look into xxxHOLic. And that me go crazy. Not the good way I mean. I didn't even look in the rest of the books. I thought someone stole Syaoran and Sakura. So I left it. I left with so many questions like. Is that really them? What happen to them?? what is with that glass thing?? Why did they go into xxxHOLic?? I never did look up any information. I was suc* into chobits, at the time  :sweatdrop:

So, a couple of months later (which was five, becasue chobits finally came in), I pick up chobits book I wanted, and the next book I needed wasn't there. So I had money for another book. So I look at a book I look at before. I pick it up, and I was like, "OH well", and I bought it

So now, months later, I'm a big, big fan of TRC, and even now a bigger fan of CCS. I found a new website, and met many new friends from all over the world. So, I'm happy that I bought the book. Now, I get about the xxxHOLic cross over but not about the glass thing, yet....but we are getting there soon clamp, will give it away...i hope..  :shifty:

So this is my story on how I found out about TRC. Isn't it funny how long it took me to buy the book. But now, I can't live with out it. >_> I'm a really weird person.
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Asuka

• The resident Orange Juice squeezer
  • New Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 30 2006, 10:27 am »
I think i might have written this alrady...I've forgotten...but I'll say it again anyway!
I read about it in Anime Insider (the article was tucked all the way in the corner so you couldnt see it!)
and thats how I discovered it XD

Older Sis~Cherry-Chan
Aunty~ Ralea

Offline gundamseedde

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #155 on: June 01 2006, 07:22 pm »
discover tsubasa ...at one of top ten anime list at one website... Rating 8.00++ ... So i give it a try.... and as a result , i found out that tsubasa really nice

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #156 on: June 02 2006, 09:30 pm »
Buy volume 1 of Tsubasa (Japanese one) in 2003 at Kinokuniya since I just love CLAMP work basically, and at first I thought this was the sequel for CCS, and when I read it, hey2...they have the same name, but the story so totally different...after that I kept buying 'til volume 5 for japanese one, and stop buying since I don't quite understand the story after all

then last year, when I'm at Kinokuniya (again) waiting for my friend, I just bored and try read tge english one of volume 5, then I found out that the story actually very interesting, so...I start collecting again... :tongue:, and now, I REALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :inlove:  :rotfl:

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline moko-chan

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #157 on: June 08 2006, 06:57 pm »
well...i'm an overly obsessed SakuraXSyaoran (CCS before, but now both CCS and TRC) fan... (my friends say so too... ^^) i even created a SakuraXSyaoran friendster account... :sweatdrop:

so anyway, all my friends in that SxS account were of course fans of CCS as well... so i was looking at the photos they have... and i stumbled upon this photo of TRC Sakura and Syaoran...

but my first impression was, "Hey! It's Sakura and Syaoran! And they're grown up!" so i got the photo... i got a couple of those TRC pics without even knowing it was TRC!
then i read the caption on it, it said 'Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle' so i was wondering, "what the hell is that?" and i was saying in my mind, "isn't it supposed to be CCS or something??" (i'm such a baka for that... :dodge:) anyway, i still thought of it as CCS... but eventually started to call it 'tsubasa something something." (seriously, i called it that). then I was doing some research on CCS and then found out that there was this crossover manga that had Sakura and Syaoran. so i was like, "So that's what it is." but I wasnt interested in reading it.

then my friend from school had the first volume of xxxHOLiC (and also of TRC, but that part comes later). my other friends said it was nice so I read it. then I got to the part of Syaoran appearing and asking Yuko-san "Can you help me save Sakura?" and there you go. i was hooked on both xxxHOLiC and TRC...

my grandma even scolded me once for going home late (my dismissal back then was 3:30 but I came out at around... 4:10)... i was reading TRC manga in the library with my other friend Pam... and when the librarian told us it was closing time for the library, that's when we noticed it was already late... :sweatdrop:

so that's my story of it...
"no matter how you say it... it still means the same. it still IS the same. it's the same section where you find the... angels/devils... the same section that brings you noise, and most importantly, the FUN. but never, ever forget... TOKI-TOKI. hahaha!"

"millions of worlds, millions of beings, millions of souls, millions of lives. there are billions of wishes out there, but how can they all be granted, when there is only... ONE dimensional witch? and only one branch of her shop too." ^_^

"four different people. four different lives. four different wishes. but only one....... MOKONA." hahaha LOL ^_^

Offline Katfreak

• Katfreaks' back and the claws are bared!
« Reply #158 on: August 10 2006, 06:32 pm »
I was in london in a huge book store when i found the first volume of TRC, i was hanging around the manga section when i saw the front cover and read the back, "Sakura and Syaoran are back, but not as you know them.." or something like that!
I thought i must have this and bought it! After the first volume i've been hooked!
With all opposites in life...one often wonders where we stand...

Offline Paccy

• New Fan
  • Kuro-puuuu<3<3
« Reply #159 on: August 25 2006, 12:24 am »
I just saw a lot of fanart on Deviantart and decided to check it out., because I didn't watch any particular anime at the time. The anime was, to me, pretty unspecial, but then I started reading the manga on BWYS through a google search, and I was hooked. *__*

Set made by me^^
Hyuu!~