AuthorTopic: Inuyasha  (Read 63455 times)

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
Re: Inuyasha
« Reply #160 on: May 31 2005, 10:07 pm »
any idea when the movie will b online?
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #161 on: June 01 2005, 08:39 pm »
Nope, sorry.

Does anyone else really hate the voices used in the english version produced by viz? Inuyasha's voice so doesn't fit him...and Kagome's isn't much better. By the way, I'm referring to the first epi especially here.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #162 on: June 01 2005, 10:31 pm »
Nope, sorry.

Does anyone else really hate the voices used in the english version produced by viz? Inuyasha's voice so doesn't fit him...and Kagome's isn't much better. By the way, I'm referring to the first epi especially here.

Funny thing about the dubbed voices...you watch them for so many episodes then you see and hear the original Japanese version and say to yourself "Their voice sounds weird in Japanese." Then you get used to hearing them in Japanese and finally you have the conclusion that the English dubbed voices are too different :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #163 on: June 02 2005, 02:17 am »
i loved the english voices, i think they fit the characters perfectly, :keke: definatly
i mean before i even saw the series i was thinking of what they would be and they basically sounded Exactly how i thought/wanted
so definatly, i loved them :D
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #164 on: June 02 2005, 04:43 am »
I don't know...Inuyasha sounds so bratty to me....and Kagome sounds like a kinda valley girl. Unles...soem sites use voice overs to dub in english...but I'm pretty sure this was the official dub....sigh.

I don't know whether I wnat to buy the DVDs now, with those weird voices.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #165 on: June 02 2005, 06:11 am »
they arn't wierd tho, i don't understand why people get so frustrated with english voices, yea were sorry we arnt all japanese. but the english voices is all your getting, an di don't care cos i'm happy with them, hence why i never whine about them

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #166 on: June 02 2005, 06:27 am »
Don't mean to whine...but I was really surprised when I first heard them. I'd always imagined Inuyasha's english voice to have attitude, yes - but something else as well. And I thought Kagome might sound a bit more in control. The other voices are ok, it's just those two that bug me.

And it's not that they're not japanese - in a lot of cases, I prefer dubbed voices over japanese originals (less squeakiness/deep booming thunder voices)

Just in this case, I found myself disappointed. Ah well.

Got up to book number 6 in the manga now...I'm slowly (very slowly) managing to buy all the collection! (although there's over 30 books now, I think)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #167 on: June 02 2005, 09:29 am »
Richard Cox, who does the English voice of InuYasha in the dubs does an excellent job IMO. (He also does other anime dubs including Gundam Seed...)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #168 on: June 02 2005, 10:04 am »
inuyasha's voice for the english is cool.. i find the english voices ok.. i mean like it's on tv EVERYDAY here.. so yea i get use to it.. XD

but i still like the jap voices so much more.. as for the 4th movie.. it's probably out whenever the dvd is out.. and i don't know when that is.. HAHA!!!!
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #169 on: June 02 2005, 10:14 am »
The english dub is good, its waaaaay better than how 'Cardcaptors' was portrayed.  [twitches]  xD  The only voice that annoys me is Shippou's.....a little too squeaky there.   :shifty:  lol
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #170 on: June 02 2005, 11:08 am »
Eeeehhhh....I don't like the english Dubs of any anime...I think it's crap compared to the originals...
Maybe I'm being too harsh... but I hear some of the voices for some characters and I just cringe.
I guess it's just pronounciation of names and some of the things they say....I mean, Kagome talks like a twink, in my opinion and there are a few other minor things that just make me twitch uncontrollably.
But all in all, I think Inu-Yasha is one of the better dubs...still has some flaws...but still, I can sit through an episode without throwing something at the TV in rage...
« Last Edit: June 02 2005, 12:26 pm by Endoh »
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #171 on: June 02 2005, 11:14 am »
Mhm...definitely.  Cardcaptors was the worse though out of all the dubs I've seen.  Oh yes, Pokemon, Sailor Moon etc.  The original japanese version is definitely better but the dubbed is ok except for a few flaws.
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #172 on: June 02 2005, 12:23 pm »
Eeeehhhh....I don't like the english subs of any anime.
oh ... dubs ?

but sure maybe the ONLY problem with the voices in Inuyasha is MAYBE Kagome's valley girl, but then again she is another School Girl (and most the school girls i know act like that anyway)

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #173 on: June 02 2005, 01:35 pm »
I actually like Inuyasha and Kagome's voice. Am I odd...maybe, but its rare when I do like dubs, and I can actually like them. Even in Inuyasha, they do pretty good, especially in the funny moments as well. I especially like Richard Cox and Kirby, the do excellent jobs!
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline DarkWolfYoukai

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #174 on: June 02 2005, 08:56 pm »
the only english voice i have a problem with is Kagome's.  to me, it's like her voice is louder and more annoying than the japanese voice.  that's my only complaint.  except, some of the dubbed lines annoy me, but only a few.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #175 on: June 02 2005, 09:28 pm »
Ah well....I think I could get used to Inuyasha's voice...but not Kagome's. She sounds like she's confused all the time (close, but not that true), and she sounds really stuck up and a bit selfish. At least, that's what the voice amkes me think about her.

It's a good idea I've read the manga and so many epi summaries, because that's what I might of thought of her.

Just a thought....if Inuyasha's still on book 30 odd.....has the anime ending appeared in it already, and they've gone on to fight a new enemy? Just wondering....

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #176 on: June 03 2005, 11:23 am »
Oh, the anime ended, don't if it will continue, and I think the latest enemy in the anime was mouryamu, at least, that's how I spelt, lets just say, he's the one who didn't like clothes very much. In the manga, I haven't read much lately, but I think they still haven't deafted moru--something, and they are on book 40 or something around there to my understanding.

I say, Kagome's voice is okay, I can stand it, its much better than CC/Pokemon/Digimon/One Peice, and much, much more. I think its one of those animes that are standable. But my all time favourite dub is Spiral, there voices fit perfectly, more better than the jap version at times.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #177 on: June 28 2005, 08:20 pm »
http://www.mystic-chambers.com/mainv3.php has links for Inuyasha Movie 4
to download in case anyone wants it.

Offline kagome

• New Fan
  • cute couple hehe
« Reply #178 on: July 01 2005, 02:15 am »
Inu-Yasha and Kagomes Voices r perfectly fine i accually like their voices.They really suit them. anyways im the number one fan of inu-yasha(DANG HE CUTE)   rotflmfao
Lei:I love you Sakura and I always will!!!!!!

Sakura:I love you too Lei!

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #179 on: July 01 2005, 04:43 am »
*jumps in up and down!!

OMG!! i just watched the best movie.. and what movie is that you guys might ask.. well it's the 4th inuyasha movie.. HAHA it's the best!!!!!! well i still like the 2nd one best because there's more inuyasha and kagome moment.. ie the KISS!! haha.. yup yup

i won't give away anything spoilers so i'll just say it was awesome!! haha
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal