AuthorTopic: CLAMP and the symbolism of eyes  (Read 14558 times)

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
Re: The Right Eye
« Reply #20 on: June 22 2006, 02:18 pm »
*pops out of nowhere* wierd how all this conects to a right eye *sneaks away*

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #21 on: July 09 2006, 07:04 pm »
one more connection to one eye-d characters, left eye losong
and another right eye referenced person:

[spoiler=ch 120/121]Fai gets his left eye stolen by evil syao,
Evil syao's right eye is now blue[/spoiler]

[heh. didnt notice smilefor me aready wrote one of these on the previous page ^^;;

Just realized something!!!!!
    Quote from: Smile_For_Me on May 06 2006, 03:12 PM                                           
   ~  The right Eye is to be, what I was told a long time ago, a gate way to ones soul, and the seer of truth, the left eye is to be that of the heart and streangth of a person.

Also found this:

The right eye - the eye of buddhi, of wisdom and of vision.
The left eye - the eye of mind, of the common sense and of sight.

Hope this helps~

If our syoran is blind in right eye that could sorta mean that he lost the gateway to his soul, and wisdon and vision......
 So the evil Syoaran does not have the left eye, the heart and strength of the person and also the eye of the mind commmon sense and sight!!!!!
                :dontknow:   It sorta makes sense if you think about it long enough.... I guess. :confused2:

ne ne!! you were right on the money about syoaran here!
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #22 on: July 09 2006, 11:48 pm »
I notice that in cases where it is the left eye that is lost, it relates to a transfer of power, while losses of the right eye don't.
Examples:
Show content
Fai's left eye is removed and eaten so that soullessclone!Syaoran can take his magical power. Real!Syaoran cannot use his left eye, since from that eye he copied his heart into clone!Syaoran's right eye. When Kokuyo gives his left eye to Hisui, he is giving her/him half of his power. Fuuma gives Subaru Seishirou's left eye, which gives Subaru the power of the Sakurazukamori.

Losing a right eye (Subaru, TB/X!Seishirou, TRC!Seishirou, clone!Syaoran, Doumeki, Watanuki, Yasha) doesn't cause a transfer of power. TRC!Seishirou and clone!Syaoran both have things "installed" in their eyes, though (the copied heart, the magical device to travel between worlds).

I'm not sure if there's anything to this pattern, but I find it interesting.
« Last Edit: August 18 2006, 11:19 am by Capella »
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #23 on: July 12 2006, 08:04 am »
OOOOH! Do you think then -that if the left  eye is of the mind - that Syaoran will now be able to see Fai's past? It's a crazy possibility, ne? But interesting, I thought.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 12 2006, 09:32 am »
OOOOH! Do you think then -that if the left eye is of the mind - that Syaoran will now be able to see Fai's past? It's a crazy possibility, ne? But interesting, I thought.
Yeah, good idea. Fai didn't want to talk about his past, but now Fai should have to talk with Kurorin, or Syaoran will talk about it with his eye...
poor Sakura, she'll see him half-destroyed if she wakes up...

err...doesn't Syaoran seem a siberian Husky with his eyes? (blue and ambar) XD  Xp

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
Re: CLAMP and the symbolism of eyes
« Reply #25 on: August 17 2006, 09:53 pm »
changed the title, but if you can think of something better pleasetell em
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #26 on: August 18 2006, 04:43 am »
Thats a good name, considering there are more then just one character in CLAMPS World thats missing or blind in one or both eyes
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #27 on: August 18 2006, 08:29 am »
cool. i was tired when i changed the name, so i was nt ure if it was a good one :lol:
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline MJ Walker

• I will be the godmother of AllenxRabi's baby <3
  • Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #28 on: August 18 2006, 03:21 pm »
*Thinks* You have a point right there *Goes and rereads TRC and xxxHOLiC and more thinking*

My first siggie on Photoshop! Yeay for me!!
Did System of a Down do the new DeathNote opening!?
Lol

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #29 on: August 19 2006, 07:34 pm »
i have noticed CLAMP has an obsession with eyes too.. whether it comes to eye gorging or being blind in one eye.. i can't believe that CLAMP is a group of female drawers and yet is obsessed with such stuff..

Prehaps they are trying to show that eyes are our windows to this world and losing them is equal to losing something very precious?! ok crap..

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline bearmoon

• I long for a wish that cannot be granted
« Reply #30 on: August 21 2006, 05:07 am »
Kinda random thought, but anyone notice thatall the characters who loose the eye are all male?

And I feel like we're forgeting another CLAMP character who lost an eye...it's on the tip of my tounge.

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 21 2006, 02:29 pm »
Hashimoto from Tokyo Babylon, she lost her left eye (one of the few who did).  She was a minor character, so most people forget about her. -_-

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #32 on: August 21 2006, 05:09 pm »
This issue was raised during anime expo 2006 ..
[SPOILER=taken from ANN]
Question: In most of CLAMP’s work there’s always a character who only has one eye, and I’d like to know what that means?

Ohkawa Ageha: In the stories, the one-eyed character or the characters loses sight in one eye...I think that I’m trying to visually show that there can be a very big traumatic experience/feeling and I’m basically trying to show the feeling of being lonely. From the stories there’s always some events or something that comes in later that supplements that vision. On a little different note, my right eye, the vision is not very good so maybe it’s just a personal thing that I can relate to such events personally. I think in the current works, Tsubasa and XXXHolic, there’s also a one-eyed character, so you might see that theme again. [/SPOILER]

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #33 on: September 21 2006, 04:40 pm »
I didn't forget about Hashimoto, I liked her alot. I wounder how she is doing now? Because in TB

Show content
Subaru gave her a hankerchiff??(is that what it is called) Before she lost her eye. After wards when he went to go see her, she didn't want to see him. She wanted to wait untill she was strong enuff to give the hankerchiff back to him one day.

Now in X, I'm still waiting for her to show up, knocking his but out of the drepressed state he's in, by giving him the hankerchiff, telling him that she is now strong enuff to face him. That is, when CLAMP starts X again, which I hope is soon..

Well know since Fai lost his right eye(?), I'm going to look up on some more info
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 21 2006, 05:16 pm »
I didn't forget about Hashimoto, I liked her alot. I wounder how she is doing now? Because in TB

Show content
Subaru gave her a hankerchiff??(is that what it is called) Before she lost her eye. After wards when he went to go see her, she didn't want to see him. She wanted to wait untill she was strong enuff to give the hankerchiff back to him one day.

Now in X, I'm still waiting for her to show up, knocking his but out of the drepressed state he's in, by giving him the hankerchiff, telling him that she is now strong enuff to face him. That is, when CLAMP starts X again, which I hope is soon..

Well know since Fai lost his right eye(?), I'm going to look up on some more info

That indeed would be interesting if she did show up, doubtful though.  I really liked that story, because it showed how reality isn't rosy.  Some things just can't be forgiven.  I really think Tokyo Babylon has more in common with xxxHolic than X with the lessons that are displayed in it.  At least looking at the individual stories it does.