Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 199442 times)

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #280 on: September 12 2006, 04:17 am »
She's either like Fai or Seishirou.  Fai's smiling face is a facade, but he deeply cares for others behind it.  Seishirou on the other hand, has no emotions.  Breaking a cup is the same as breaking an arm to him.  If the latter is true for her, then I can't really hate her.

But for the same token, she knew that she was bad for him.  When she did the pinky swear, she knew that it would cause him trouble, but she still did it either way.  In that sense, I lose some of my pity for her.

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 12 2006, 04:23 am »
She's either like Fai or Seishirou.  Fai's smiling face is a facade, but he deeply cares for others behind it.  Seishirou on the other hand, has no emotions.  Breaking a cup is the same as breaking an arm to him.  If the latter is true for her, then I can't really hate her.

But for the same token, she knew that she was bad for him.  When she did the pinky swear, she knew that it would cause him trouble, but she still did it either way.  In that sense, I lose some of my pity for her.

Agreed. Besides, I wouldn't like her to be like Fai. Fai's unique, he's like no other chracter I've ever come across in any series. He's special and one-of-a-kind and I don't want anyone else to be like him. (Especially not that b****, sorry!)
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 12 2006, 04:59 am »
I think what the little ghost girl in Tokyo Babylon said may ring true here, "Maybe all people who do bad things are just really lonely".  Perhaps Himawari wanted to hang around Watanuki despite the fact that she knew she was bad for him because she was lonely.

If I think about it, isn't Doumeki for the most part not affected by her?  The only harm that has come to him that was linked to her was because he got in the way for Watanuki.

Offline whatever

• Cuz Cursed Cat Dolls of Ultimate Doom are ppl too
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be pre
« Reply #283 on: September 12 2006, 05:28 am »

Show content
All her life she hasn't been able to get close to anyone, without fear of them suffering. Then she meets Watanuki and he sticks by her, despite the bad things happening to him. She must have been rather lonely and then, all of a sudden, she has a friend who REALLY seems to like her...

She's smiling all the way through, but she looks like she's smiling to stop herself from crying.

I feel so sorry for her. Not sorry enough that I want Watanuki to declare his undying love for her and promise to stick by her forever (Watanuki/Doumeki fangirl here!) but sorry enough that I hope Watanuki and Doumeki insist on remaining friends with her.

Imagine, all your life with only your parents for company...unless you want to put anyone else at risk...

Maybe she hoped that Watanuki and Doumeki would be different because of their own spiritual natures.

Exactly.

Show content
I can just imagine the girl running home from Yuuko's and crying her little heart out on her bed. Because she thinks that Watanuki won't have anything to do with her now that she's told him the truth. If she thought he wouldn't have anything to do with her after the first accident (with the woman being hit by a truck) that's got to be what she's thinking now.

Thank yous to -
renaya: for scans link
Znuese: for password
Jeannette: for translation link

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #284 on: September 12 2006, 05:48 am »
Well I've never liked Himawari very much, and seeing her tell all this to Watanuki with that big smile on her face..
Maybe, but I don't understand why she's been with Watanuki and Doumeki all this time. Was it just to see if Watanuki  would notice that all bad stuff happening was because of her and then she would just leave, and never see them again? Because when she said good bye it seemed like it...What was her intension?
well, she said she was surprised that watenuki stayed with her, even tho all sorts abd things happen...as for doumeki, his latent powers probably prtotected him from her...(maybe it was herself was a reaason she was always adamant in making those 2 hang out ^^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #285 on: September 12 2006, 06:08 am »
Yeah, but I wonder if she will still hang out with them after this, or will she just leave and never return...
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 12 2006, 07:22 am »
Show content
I was thinking, perhaps the reason why Haruka had told Watanuki to take the balloon with him wasn't too protect him from Himawari, but to keep him from going into that death dream.

Offline lynalar

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #287 on: September 12 2006, 09:08 am »
Show content
perhaps Himawari *was* one of the three that paid a price to save Watanuki and her price was to walk away from him forever

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #288 on: September 12 2006, 01:25 pm »
you really cant help but feel sorry for the girl tho :(
Show content
didnt she say that her first boyvfriend comitted suicide? thats terrible not being able to keep any friends ;_;
Show content
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #289 on: September 12 2006, 01:26 pm »
Show content
so..Himawari is just simply a bad luck for everyone, I thought that she just a bad luck for Watanuki only, since it doesn't have any effect on Doumeki (now, why is that..??). I'm guessing that Watanuki might ask Yuuko for a way to help Himawari with that, but the price must be very high for that

I agree what  you guys said that the way she smile is just like Fai or Seishiro, acting like that there is wrong with their life but actually the other way around. I think she already 'give up' for her 'curse', I mean where there is no way to cure that and she might knows that, that's why she acts always-smile-happy. And why Himawari always around Watanuki and Doumeki although she might know how it would affect them, I think that's because those two can handle all bad-lucks happened to them quite good, so Himawari can stick with them until the worst case happens-DEATH
Show content
that's why she says "Sayonara" to Watanuki at the end of the chapter??

ps. thanx for Znuese and Jeannette for the password and translation, really appreciate that !! ^_^

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #290 on: September 12 2006, 01:44 pm »
Show content
so..Himawari is just simply a bad luck for everyone, I thought that she just a bad luck for Watanuki only, since it doesn't have any effect on Doumeki (now, why is that..??).

Show content
doumeki has latent spritual powers. it nulls watenui's power, so why shouldnt it null himiwari's curse?
[
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 12 2006, 01:53 pm »
Show content
doumeki has latent spritual powers. it nulls watenui's power, so why shouldnt it null himiwari's curse?
[

owww...i see... that will explain it, how lucky Doumeki is, no wonder he will never need to enter Yuuko's shop . then again, still curios, why Himawari able to enter Yuuko's shop, does it means that she have some sort of wish that 'needs' to be fulfilled somehow.?

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #292 on: September 12 2006, 02:09 pm »
I know I said spoilers might be present but if you're going to use the tags, use them properly please. That's all I ask.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 12 2006, 03:01 pm »
owww...i see... that will explain it, how lucky Doumeki is, no wonder he will never need to enter Yuuko's shop . then again, still curios, why Himawari able to enter Yuuko's shop, does it means that she have some sort of wish that 'needs' to be fulfilled somehow.?

Show content
I think her wish is to get rid of the curse? Personally i think that's a high possibility. And that by the end of the manga, her curse will be gone. i hope so though because she's a very sad and poor girl.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #294 on: September 12 2006, 05:19 pm »
heh...i get to make the scanslation this week forthe msn group... heres the first page XP

http://tinyurl.com/kypdc

is it readable?
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline whatever

• Cuz Cursed Cat Dolls of Ultimate Doom are ppl too
« Reply #295 on: September 12 2006, 10:27 pm »
Yes, it's readable. The word "needed" in Yuuko's speech bubble is a little iffy for some reason. The rest is fine.

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 12 2006, 10:39 pm »
I know I said spoilers might be present but if you're going to use the tags, use them properly please. That's all I ask.

so sorry about that...>.<...it's just sometime I can differentiate which one is spoiler and which is not.....so maybe I jut put spoiler tag on everthing fo safer :tongue:.

Offline lynalar

« Reply #297 on: September 12 2006, 10:42 pm »
It is readble though on my computer the text is a little spotty.  But because I have a laptop with very high resolution, that happens sometimes.  Thanks for putting those out!  I cannot imagine the sheer amount of work that has to go into that.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #298 on: September 13 2006, 04:12 am »
thanks. i figured that if i shrink the image to below 700 hiegth (due to the tsubasabbs watermark) msn wont shrink the image ^^. im on page 8 right now :D
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #299 on: September 13 2006, 08:56 am »
Show content
Oh, I figured Himawari was the one causing bad luck to Watanuki, and I was right! I feel bad for Himawari, but she was all smiley which makes me want to scream "YOU'RE SO EVIL!!!"

Himawari just creeps me out.