Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 199496 times)

Offline Misfier

• I'm not crazy I swear~
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #420 on: September 26 2006, 07:14 am »
Show content
No DxW?! How can you leave it like that CLAMP?! And whats more is that its STILL about Himawari!
And then you dump this little pipsqueak on us!! GRRRRR-!!!!

*cheep*

>_>

*SQUISH*
« Last Edit: September 26 2006, 07:38 am by Misfier »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be pre
« Reply #421 on: September 26 2006, 08:26 am »
Show content
no d-w? TT_TT damn. cute...wierd little...thingy... stupid <_<

*goes to pout in the corner*
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #422 on: September 26 2006, 11:07 am »
Show content
This weeks xxxHolic will be a spoiler for Tsubasa?  I swear, Yuuko plans ahead for everything.  Subaru's water and now Himawari's bad luck.  So cute, now he has another pet to take care of.  Doumeki and Watanuki'll get their turn, just wait. Just keep in mind what that fortune teller said! :keke:

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #423 on: September 26 2006, 11:49 am »
aww......that little bird is so cute.....XD...will it follow Watanuki everywhere..? :keke:

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #424 on: September 26 2006, 12:55 pm »
Cute bird ^^
Actually I'm kinda gald Himawari and Watanuki moved foward. I know DxW is a much more popular pairing but I think what happened stays more true to the characters. Watanuki has liked Himawari since the start, he still gets all hanyan when he's around her. He's still got a big crush. I'm glad they didnt just gnore that because Watanuki learnt how to be civil to Doumeki.

Offline Roxx

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #425 on: September 26 2006, 03:37 pm »
Eh. It's obvious that Watanuki has certain feelings towards Doumeki. He may be all giggly around Himawari, but Watanuki's reactions towards Doumeki is like some elementary girl with a crush on a boy, but to cover up her feelings, she acts all bossy around rude around him. But personally, I think it's more that Watanuki is in complete denial about his feelings towards Doumeki. I just don't think he knows how to react to someone who really doesn't want him to 'disappear'

Anyways, for those who are bummed about the recent chapter... don't be =) DxW will get their moment. And they had tons of it before too =)

Kuroxfay<3

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #426 on: September 26 2006, 05:49 pm »
Eh. It's obvious that Watanuki has certain feelings towards Doumeki. He may be all giggly around Himawari, but Watanuki's reactions towards Doumeki is like some elementary girl with a crush on a boy, but to cover up her feelings, she acts all bossy around rude around him. But personally, I think it's more that Watanuki is in complete denial about his feelings towards Doumeki.

I completely agree.  The way Watanuki acts around Doumeki really does seem like he's covering up his true feelings as he's in denial.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #427 on: September 26 2006, 07:17 pm »
I don't understand CLAMP recently. First they hint like whoa about their slash couples, and now it seems like they're kind of backing out, both in case of holic and tsubasa. ..

We all have thought that Watanuki's accident will strenghten his bond with Doumeki, and it only moved forward the relationship between Watanuki and Himawari (up to this point, I really hope there will be some donuts in upcoming chapters).
I know that CLAMP has mastered  the art of teasing the fangirls to perfection, but still I'm seriosly worried about the latest developments in their mangas...
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
« Reply #428 on: September 27 2006, 02:29 am »
I shouldn't worry about all the Himawari development.  CLAMP spent several volumes of X working on the relationship between Kamui and Kotori and look what happened to her!  (Not that I want a Kotori fate for Himawari but Kamui/Fuuma is canon and Kamui/Kotori is not.)

Offline Bra-chan

• Ice-cream fan de~su =^.^=
« Reply #429 on: September 27 2006, 02:55 am »
CLAMP spent several volumes of X working on the relationship between Kamui and Kotori and look what happened to her! (Not that I want a Kotori fate for Himawari but Kamui/Fuuma is canon and Kamui/Kotori is not.)

yepp, that's true ^^

Watanuki just loves Himawari like a sister. They're friends, and we are speaking about Watanuki, it will be just not him, if he would leave alone Himawari with her bad luck.
I guess Himawari is a DouWata fan too  :tongue:

Anyway I am thankful cause I am not a girl character in a CLAMP story XDD

" You will be able to meet different people. And then one day You'll never see them again. "

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #430 on: September 27 2006, 02:14 pm »
Watanuki just loves Himawari like a sister
I disagree, I would say he definetly likes her,

watanuki: wait, himawari-chan, sorry
himawari: .....why?
watanuki: i scared you because i suddenly fell down like that as an apology, when i get better i'll make something to eat especially for you
page 2
himawari: what i said you heard it, didn't you.
watanuki: yeah but, i when i receive snacks from you, i'm extremely happy, if i see you then i'll feel great the whole day himawari-chan you call me "watanuki-kun", talk to me and laugh with me all of this is great being able to meet himawari-chan,

pg 5
watanuki: although there isn't anything to back it up, but no matter what i won't die because i like himawari-chan the most, i won't let you cry

pg 12
(His little finger wont move)
watanuki: it's... fine, but... about this please don't... tell himawari-chan i... like to see Himawari-chan's smile the most

I dont see sisterly love here, I know a lot of people really love DoumekixWatanuki but please dont be blind to whats going on because its against your fandom. I'm not saying that theres nothing going on between Watanuki and Doumeki but for now "i[Watanuki] like himawari-chan the most,"

Offline Roxx

« Reply #431 on: September 27 2006, 04:13 pm »
^

I dont see sisterly love here, I know a lot of people really love DoumekixWatanuki but please dont be blind to whats going on because its against your fandom. I'm not saying that theres nothing going on between Watanuki and Doumeki but for now "i[Watanuki] like himawari-chan the most,"

I'm not going to diss you, but obviously, you're the one who is blind to Watanuki's character. I like Himawari, compared to the hints we've gotten for DxW, how many hints are there for HxW?

As for Watanuki's character, note that he has lost both of his parents. Now, someone, Doumeki to be exact, is always by his side, saving his ***. Watanuki's acknowledges that Doumeki's cares about him. But has he came to accept that? No. Because the people that cared for him, died for him. He doesn't want that to happen with Doumeki. Therefore, you get his, "let's push Doumeki away" actions. To simply put it, Watanuki is in denial.

Yes, Himawari does care for Watanuki, and even Yuuko does, but it doesn't meet up to how much Doumeki cares for Watanuki.

Just because you got your one chapter that is dedicated to HxW, please don't be blind by the recent chapters. Also, "because i like himawari-chan the most," if you say that in Japanese, "Himawari-chan ichi ban suki dakara, nakasenai," That can also be meant for friendship. I mean really. Even if he says, "I like Himawari the best," and he had to choose between, never seeing Yuuko again, or never seeing Himawari again, he wouldn't be able to choose.

Also, Watanuki took a big fall. Sometimes people say exaggerate things when they're /that/ hurt.

But I do agree with the whole sisterly love. I think it's more like strong friendship.

Kuroxfay<3

Offline Ayune01

• Drowning in eternity..........
« Reply #432 on: September 27 2006, 04:16 pm »
Hi :wink:

Sorry to budge in like this, but could anyone help me please?. I'm trying to find english scanlation of xxxholic vol10 chapter 118, 119 and latest chapters.

i cant open Be With You url. I'm already at my end :shifty:

Offline xxxholic

• Good Fan
« Reply #433 on: September 27 2006, 04:21 pm »
Hi :wink:

Sorry to budge in like this, but could anyone help me please?. I'm trying to find english scanlation of xxxholic vol10 chapter 118, 119 and latest chapters.

i cant open Be With You url. I'm already at my end :shifty:

http://groups.msn.com/eXeXeXHOLICManga

You can try this site.

Offline Misfier

• I'm not crazy I swear~
« Reply #434 on: September 27 2006, 09:12 pm »
I'd forgotten that its modus operandi for most manga plots to have their pairing get together near the end of the manga. And seeing as how xxxHOLiC still has at least 2 volumes to go, they're taking their dear time in slashing Doumeki's feelings to ribbons. I have a feeling that its gonna be Watanuki who'll end up salvaging their relationship, well, seeing as how he's also the main character, its how it should be.

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #435 on: September 27 2006, 09:28 pm »
I'm not going to diss you, but obviously, you're the one who is blind to Watanuki's character
Sounds like dissing to me...

I like Himawari, compared to the hints we've gotten for DxW, how many hints are there for HxW?

As for Watanuki's character, note that he has lost both of his parents. Now, someone, Doumeki to be exact, is always by his side, saving his ***. Watanuki's acknowledges that Doumeki's cares about him. But has he came to accept that? No. Because the people that cared for him, died for him. He doesn't want that to happen with Doumeki. Therefore, you get his, "let's push Doumeki away" actions. To simply put it, Watanuki is in denial.

Yes, Himawari does care for Watanuki, and even Yuuko does, but it doesn't meet up to how much Doumeki cares for Watanuki.

Just because you got your one chapter that is dedicated to HxW, please don't be blind by the recent chapters. Also, "because i like himawari-chan the most," if you say that in Japanese, "Himawari-chan ichi ban suki dakara, nakasenai," That can also be meant for friendship. I mean really. Even if he says, "I like Himawari the best," and he had to choose between, never seeing Yuuko again, or never seeing Himawari again, he wouldn't be able to choose.

Also, Watanuki took a big fall. Sometimes people say exaggerate things when they're /that/ hurt.

But I do agree with the whole sisterly love. I think it's more like strong friendship.

As I said I'm not saying that theres nothing between Doumeki and Watanuki but the fact is Watanuki still gets all hanyan around Himawari. Sure he may have a deep passionate unspoken love for Doumeki, but at the same time he has a serious crush on Himawari and you cant treat it like its nothing. I think its clutching at straws to say Watanuki was exaggerating when he said those things to Himawari, I dont think CLAMP write like that *shrug*.
As for lack of HxW hints? I agree there are no little hints.
We have Watanuki getting mad whenever he's going out with her and Doumeki comes along too, walking around with this ->^_^ expressions whenever he's near her, collapsing with joy when ever she compliments him, blushing when the ghost-lady asked if he like her and thinking he's going to have a good day whenever she talks to him. While you have to rely on hints for him and doumeki its blantantly obvious he likes Himawari.
He likes her. Close friend? But they never spent much time together, Himawari avoided him a lot because she was scared he'd get hurt. When Yuuko asked what he likes about her he couldnt be specific.

To be honest I dont think they'll end up together in the end, I think CLAMP would have focused more on her character if they intended that. All I'm saying is that he likes her in a more than platonic sence, I'm not saying he doesnt feel the same way about Doumeki or anything. I'm just saying he sees her as more than just a good friend.

Offline Roxx

« Reply #436 on: September 27 2006, 09:36 pm »
Lol, sorry if it sounded like dissing. My post wasn't meant to be harsh or anything.

No, I know what you mean. I'm just comparing the two, that's all. I'm not going to deny the fact that Watanuki acts all cheerful around Himawari. After all, she's adorable. But I act the same as Watanuki when I see one of my girl friends, who is absolutely cute, and I get all cheerful around her. Though I don't really have a crush on her. I think she's cute, adorable, and whatnot, but... Hmm. How do I explain this? It's more like an admiration kinda way? That's how I see it suppose. I'm sure Watanuki has a crush on her, but I don't think it's anything real real deep.

Anyhoo, once again, I apologize if my earlier post offended you.

Kuroxfay<3

Offline lynalar

« Reply #437 on: September 27 2006, 10:19 pm »
This is just my opinion, but here goes:

Clamp usually hints at relationships. Out of all the manga and anime they have produced, how many couples are truly canon?  Even the ones that are considered canon, they often have been subtly shown to be a couple rather than outright.

Do I like D x W ?  Sure I do.  But I can also deal with it if they make it H x W.  Not my chosen pairing, but hey.  The pairing I really can't see is Watanuki and the Vetal Sprite...and that's for a number of reasons.
   I could also see clamp doing something along the lines of making Doumeki, Watanuki, and Himawari being very close friends along the lines of Buffy, Willow, and Xander from BtVS. Let's face it...the people with extraordinary powers or abilities often don't get into serious relationships or stay in relationships if they do.  Not just Clamp universe but in a lot of sci fi and fantasy stories.

Whether Watanuki and Doumeki become a canon pairing or not...well, I'd love it and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  But the anime isn't finished yet, we know Clamp likes lovely twists and turns to keep us guessing, and who knows how it will end.  No matter what, Clamp gave plenty of fodder to us D x W people and even if they don't end up canon in the manga or anime...that's what we have fan fiction for!  :)

Offline Misfier

• I'm not crazy I swear~
« Reply #438 on: September 27 2006, 11:09 pm »
I'm willing to accept if its gen or someotherpairing. I have faith in CLAMP's story telling skills.

But you really have to ask. Why does Doumeki do the things he does for Watanuki? Also I think Watanuki was the only one to make him smile.

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #439 on: September 27 2006, 11:38 pm »
EDITED BY ARCADEMAN:

Post deleted. Please use the spoiler tag system. Your only warning.

I'm sorry, won't happen again.
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^