AuthorTopic: Chapter 133  (Read 64197 times)

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
  • Looking at you through the glass...
Re: Chapter 133
« Reply #200 on: November 05 2006, 06:17 am »
Celes isn't anywhere in this world anyways  :keke:

I'm personally leaning more towards it's just a turn of phrase.  Though random French is always fun....and random. ><

Show content
"Real!Shaoran has something he wants to get back, and even if he can't get it back, he still wants to protect it..."

I wonder what it is that R!Syaoran wants returned...?
Something to do with Watanuki....?

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #201 on: November 05 2006, 06:31 am »
I don't know why people are jumping into conclusions about Fay and Sakura after one chapter of hand-holding and this 'my only princess' line.

To me the relationship between Fay and Sakura is now (motherly feelings aside) very much like Kurogane's and Tomoyo's. Fay declares that he will continue the journey only for Sakura's sake, he calls her 'his only princess' and thus vows to be her protector. He's somehow like a knight offering his loyal support to the queen. And with her Syaoran gone, I think that she really needs this kind of reassurance from her friends.
Appart from that, come on! CLAMP will never break their canon couples

btw. after reading the spoilers we discuss Fay's random usage of a French phrase. it's really sad, because it means that nothing really happens in the newest chapter... CLAMP, get it over with!!!
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline Aethelthryth

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #202 on: November 05 2006, 06:36 am »
I've also been wanting the group to move on, coz the mood in this world has been so dark, so angsty! I mean, it would be better if we can read all the way, but waiting a week for 1 chapter (and sometimes 2 weeks!) makes me feel that I'm in an extended angsty mood! The tension that we have to suffer while waiting for the chapter to come out is sometimes unbearable.

But I'm just wondering whether CLAMP will tell us what's gonna happen with Kamui, Subaru, Fuuma & Seishiro.

I also like to think that R!Syao wants to "go back" to meet his Sakura! I always get this feeling that R!Syao is reminded of his Sakura whenever he sees our Sakura...

And about Fai speaking in French...I think it's just an expression...I mean, although we use English in this forum, sometimes we insert some Japanese words (like "Sugoi!" or "kawaii" or something) just for fun. I can't be sure though, because he's been in a sad mood lately, but for now, I'll just assume that he uses that expression to lighten up the mood (a sign that he's going back to his old self?) We definitely need to see the scans to be able to interpret what he really means.

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
  • Looking at you through the glass...
« Reply #203 on: November 05 2006, 06:53 am »
I know it seems like they've been sitting around for awhile, but that's more the feeling we get because we wait chapter by chapter.  I think people who read the series as a whole in the future would think it lacking in something if they were to suddeny jump to another world right now.

...is it Wednesday yet....? ^^;;

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #204 on: November 05 2006, 06:58 am »
Yeah, but still I hope that they won't stay in tokyo for too long. It's time for them to find C!Syaoran.
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #205 on: November 05 2006, 07:13 am »
WAOUH,it's amazing to read two pages about France  :haha:!
of course one single sentence doesn't prove that Fai is french,but at least it gives a clue about CLAMP's acknowledgement of sources for this character  :wink:!
for instance his way of life is very similar to french people,he is often speaking like a romantic poet,he is a love dreamer,he is a fine cook who loves sugar flavours,and he is addicted to milk and alcohol which are french reputation...but it is just my opinion since i am in the best position to talk about it  :keke:

anyway,it's far from being important for the progress of the scenario (we can just assume that Clone Shaolan definitely doesn't like french  :sweatdrop:)

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Giraffe-o-Life

• New Fan
  • Pink is Manly
« Reply #206 on: November 05 2006, 07:25 am »
To me the relationship between Fay and Sakura is now (motherly feelings aside) very much like Kurogane's and Tomoyo's. Fay declares that he will continue the journey only for Sakura's sake, he calls her 'his only princess' and thus vows to be her protector. He's somehow like a knight offering his loyal support to the queen. And with her Syaoran gone, I think that she really needs this kind of reassurance from her friends.
Appart from that, come on! CLAMP will never break their canon couples

Exactly. I've been torn between cooing over how sweet they've been to eachother, and being horiffied with the sudden burst of FayxSakura shipping. I thought it was supposed to be a joke. D:

I'm reserving my judgement on the alleged French, but I've never thought Fay was especially French-looking. I'm glad to hear Kurogane is still planning to get back to Nihon, that means Nihon!Tomoyo still has a chance at meeting Sakura :D Plus Fay has somewhere to live happily ever after with his big strong ninja.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #207 on: November 05 2006, 08:20 am »
Ok is nice that Fai knows some words in french, but, the one who put the spoiler of chapter 134 have images or something like that it would be nice and ilustrative for all the doubts.

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #208 on: November 05 2006, 08:27 am »
I'm reserving my judgement on the alleged French, but I've never thought Fay was especially French-looking.

don't forget that Fai is after all a manga character,his physical features has nothing to do with his origins,it is only his way of life and personnality that matter  :okay:!
for instance in CCS Sakura has got brown hair and green eyes which is not very common for japanese,but her school life is typically nippon.but Shaolan has got more physical similarities with japan people while he is in fact chinese and his difference is displayed by the fact that he is very awkward about japan cultures,so it means that CLAMP don't consider the appearance but rather the behaviour  :keke:!

so even if Fai doesn't look like french he really acts like a french (and personnally i can tell that blond hair and blue eyes are very standard in my country  :surprised:)

... i don't know why but i feel like if some members are going to strike me down because they want Fai to share a bond with their country  :sweatdrop:

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #209 on: November 05 2006, 08:44 am »
Translation, thanks to Neither-san at TC.net

Chapitre 134
The only existence

Yuuko: Of course there are things that disappeared too,
but the things that were born are also numerous.
That's why it should be all right for you to make choices about what's to come.

Sakura: ... The journey
we'll continue it
for the sake of returning Shaoran-kun's heart.

Fai: It'll be okay even if I go too.
My only princess (vi la princia). [T/N: I -think- the half-width katakana here is Fai saying it in his native language. A few entries down in the BBS/blog thing this came from, someone put up ways to say "princess" in several languages, so they might've been trying to find out what Fai's language sounds like.]

Kurogane: To return to Nihon country.
That won't change.
But there are things that have changed.
It should be okay even if there's more than one promise.
Besides,
I also want to be able to meet that bastard I've been searching for. [T/N: He used "yatsu" -- not exactly "bastard", but it'll have to do.]

Shaoran: There's something I want to return.
Maybe it won't return anymore,
but
if I'm able to honor it,
then I want to. [T/N: I thought that the "honoring a promise" idea would be more appropriate here, but he might be talking about protecting someone or something. I don't really know what these lines are about.]
I want to go with you.

Yuuko: Understood.
Then, go
as your desire likes. [T/N: It could be "to where your desire likes" too. It's just my bias in favor of "へ" that made me pick "as" rather than "to". ^.^]

Teaser [T/N: I think.]: Sins that cannot be erased, the past, all is carried on their shoulders. They start to walk once again.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #210 on: November 05 2006, 08:49 am »
So this means... no more Tokyo? *does a little dance*
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #211 on: November 05 2006, 08:51 am »
So this means... no more Tokyo? *does a litle dance*

I don't know, hopefully. When I read the "starting to walk" part I was just like "YES, yesss, walk. AWAY from Tokyo, preferably."

Offline Toge-chan

• Squuueeee.
« Reply #212 on: November 05 2006, 09:07 am »
[sarcasm] Other from that, I do believe Fye is DEFINATELY Mexican. I mean! Look at him! :D [/sarcasm]

I know several blonde, blue-eyed Mexicans... You know, you can't just judge a book by it's cover. :D

However, at least in my Mexican copy of the manga, in the first volume, FWR says at the very last, "The power to [blahblah] time and space will soon be mine." so, that proves how careless we all were. XD Also, about Fai. Now that I remember, his Kudan was a bird.... and at Outo he said "I want someone to take me away." Which were very small hints of his past... [/random]
Avvie made by me. It sucks, I know. xD;

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #213 on: November 05 2006, 09:19 am »
Can we really leave Tokyo soon? Really really?

I'm firmly in the "Fai is Celesian" camp. I don't think he's French or Russian or Scandinavian or English or what have you. Celes isn't really any of the those places.  And really, "Chii" and "Ashura" don't sound like names that belong in any of those countries.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #214 on: November 05 2006, 09:51 am »
i don't want to spoil the mood but i think that after chapter 134 there will be at least one more chapter before they leave Tokyo ...
because with all this events we have totally forgotten about Fuuma,Kamui,and Subaru,who are certainly hibernating after all these weeks of waiting  :haha:

i don't think that after all they have crossed Shaolan Sakura Kurogane and Fai are just going to leave without saying a single word to the Tokyo team who has helped them and even saved Fai!
Moreover this one hasn't still got the opportunity to thank Satsuki and his new dear vampires' comrades for his recovery...even if it wasn't what he wished  :sweatdrop:

* Forum Family *

Offline Giraffe-o-Life

• New Fan
  • Pink is Manly
« Reply #215 on: November 05 2006, 10:08 am »
... i don't know why but i feel like if some members are going to strike me down because they want Fai to share a bond with their country  :sweatdrop:

I'm sorry if that was the impression I made! I definitely didn't mean to sound like I was striking you down, it's more that I agree with Capella's "Fay is Celesian" thing, and I don't think he's supposed to represent any country in particular. lol, he's definitely not from MY country, unless he's secretly Canadian.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #216 on: November 05 2006, 10:26 am »
OMG.

CELES IS COLD.

CANADA IS COLD [IN WINTER].

CELES = CANADA?!

Ehehehe. No, no, I'm Canadian too and I gotta agree with Celes having no nationality that we're aware of. Any similarities that he might have to certain cultural archetypes is probably because his world and personality were deliberately made to contrast Kurogane's, which is obviously completely Japanese.

STILL think that Fai speaking French is just whack.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #217 on: November 05 2006, 10:39 am »
Ok now I'm getting all. Well first I think Fai is not goin to be in love with Sakura, only is going to protect her for her sake, and RXiao-Lang wants to "return" something.... thats means (I guess) he wants to return some part of his heart to CXiao-Lang.

jijijijijijij I'm so exaited (muy emocionada de hecho) maybe at last is going to be CXiao-Lang with Sakura.

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #218 on: November 05 2006, 02:35 pm »
wouldn't Mokona translate?

perhaps its a glitch in mokona, or perhaps fai used soem of his own enrgy to skip it? its sorta like satying "de ja vu" [cant make those funk accents] in front of mokona. 95% peopleknow what "de ja vu" means, but if mokona translates it...itd be more confusing, like doesnt that frase mean once again, or something like that?, which would make it less understandable./q

also, as intersting as this chaoter sounds, it also sounds like it will be a boring-ishj chapter (compared to the wirlwind we've just gone thru)...
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #219 on: November 05 2006, 04:32 pm »
I know several blonde, blue-eyed Mexicans... You know, you can't just judge a book by it's cover. :D

LOL I know, I know. I'm blue eyed and sandy blonde myself xD and I'm mexican. I'm an oddity ^^;

Yeah, Fye is from Celess, Period. Let us discuss the next chapter probable outcomes!
I am really sick of Tokyo.. the gang better move out! Now, Walk it out! *gets shot*